Official Pizza Topping Tier List

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Best UU pizza:

Jalapenos+Pineapple+Garlic.

Made of pure win.

Also Mushrooms and Olives should be in the highest tier. This isn't up for debate.

Looks pretty good to me, I always run a Pepperoni, Mushroom and Bacon core, deals with the main threats pretty well. I'd like to see Olives drop down to Mid just so it could get some more usage on lesser used toppings, it's seriously underrated when paired with Chicken and Jalepenos.

I second adding Kebab in the list, but as mid. It's rather bland as stand-alone, but with the support of a few things (for instance, bacon or pineapple), it becomes a very good topping.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Am I the only one to have had pesto sauce on Pizza? Granted, it's probably an italian thing, but I urge all of you to try it oout, it's delicious. Just smear some pesto on a plain marherita, and leave it in the oven for the normal amount of time. You won't regret it.

I also support tuna. Put that together with some onions, and you have an exquisite Pizza. Never even heard of stuff like chicken on a pizza. Must be an american thing. Is it true that you people sometimes put cheese in the crust?
Even plain pesto base over a tomato base is amazing, I am a hugely in love with this kind of pizza and I would probably have it over your standard margherita.

In the Papa Johns I have here they have that option but often it becomes a massive empty crust, it's only enjoyable if the pizza is smoking hot.

Cheese is supposed to have only 4 things on it at most: Basil, Cheese, Oregano and Sauce. Maybe add tomatoes if you want to get fancy.

Plain Pizza is also very good.

Pizza is like a blank canvas on top of which you can mix and match the best toppings to create a good dining experience. Cheese pizza does nothing to improve your canvas, it's like going to the art gallery and seeing
Therefore I believe extra cheese is low tier, maybe mid at best.

On the other hand pesto is delicious, smack that shit down with some sausage or maybe ham and then enjoy.

Tomatoes deserve more love. I never thought they would work on a pizza until I tried them. They're really juicy and sweet and just makes the pizza taste really fresh. They really complement sausage and bacon, pepperoni not so much but pepperoni is strong enough to work with anything anyway. Tomato deserves mid for sure.

Missing toppings: Sweetcorn - mid or low.

Cheese is supposed to have only 4 things on it at most: Basil, Cheese, Oregano and Sauce. Maybe add tomatoes if you want to get fancy.

Plain Pizza is also very good.
What's plain pizza? Cheese pizza or just a pizza base? No lie, I'd love a pizza without toppings (incl. cheese).

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Barbecue Chicken for High Tier, also I don't really think Extra Cheese is that great, one pizza place in my town literally drenches their pizza in cheese; it's disgusting. Only a bit of extra cheese is alright, though.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
since I joined in some of the chat I feel like I should post too

Ham is just another pork product, nothing special but nothing wrong with it. It's no pepperoni but sometimes I prefer eating it instead (if there's not a deal going on otherwise just get 'em all), different flavor and a little less greasy. It deserves better than that low-tier company of crap which don't belong on pizza at all. It needs to be sliced, though, so the edges get all crisp and it delivers a similar texture to pepperoni. Ham chunks kinda blow in comparison. And hamburger (ground beef)? Sausage pretender, flavorless garbage.

Pineapple is bleh by itself but an essential balancing ingredient to all the meats you should otherwise be eating on your pizza. It's the only good "sweet" ingredient and brings a unique flavor to the table. I bet some of the sweeter varieties of onions would be really good here too.

tomatoes are fucking gay the sauce is already made out of fucking tomatoes why do you need to add more that doesn't make any sense stick to pineapple for non-meat (or mushrooms but I personally hate mushrooms sorry, also mushrooms are more "meaty" than sweet anyway)

Olives taste too weird on a pizza to be high tier. Also black or green? ;[ I don't like green olives. (They are just unripe black olives anyway why do people like them at all? Most people don't eat unripe other fruits.) I love black olives on their own but on pizza? They have a really strong oily flavor that clashes with that yeasty crust and sweet tomato sauce. Pineapples are sweet and have a more complementary flavor, should swap 'em.

On the other-types-of-pizza train, taco pizzas are pretty damn good as long as they don't go too heavy on the lettuce.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
high tier:

cheese, onions, bell peppers, ham

get this shit off my pizza tier:

everything else

though supreme is my favorite i guess theres just something about having EVERYTHING on a pizza that is ok with me

edit: ok lets be honest i am a big fat person at heart and i will consume any pizza given to me

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
np: Krusty Krab Pizza- Pizza Suspect Test Thread R1

confirming as pizza4all

i propose chicken be moved up from mid tier, it is too flavorful for the other toppings in the tier, causing an extreme amount of overcentralization. every pizza needs to have chicken in order to even compete in the mid tier!!

On the other hand, how are olives still in high tier?! their performance in mid tier did not suggest any reason to move them up. personally my tastebuds were destroyed by an olive pizza and i would like to see it abolished from high tier in order for me to enjoy a pizza again.

Woah Olives deserve to stay where they are, those things really add to the pizza if used correctly.

I think people shy away from pineapple because it sounds kinda weird, but I want to move it to high tier.

If anyone's ever tried fried eggplant on a pizza, it's pretty ridiculously good. At least have it included in the OP.

Garlic's not that bad, but it has a strong flavor. I'd vote for Garlic mid Tier

Can I get a tiering contributor badge for this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)