5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hey, guys! I got a little lost trying to do a Standard Stationary PIDRNG (I'm using 9.94.) I'm trying to get a Timid shiny 31/30/31/30/31/30 Kyurem.

I don't know if it'll help any, but these are my Parameters:
MAC: 00-09-BF-5F-D4-5F
Black version - English/DS Original
VCount: 60/VFrame: 8
I use C7C as my Timer0 value, no keypresses.
I start the game one second before the indicated value.

RNG Reporter Screencaps are here and here.

I'm saved right in front of Kyurem, run through my Chatters, (Starting Frame turned out to be 42, so 77-42=35--I did 35 Chatot flips) and then capture Kyurem. Its shiny and Timid, but the IVs are completely wrong. I could tell immediately from its stat page characteristic, which is always "Likes to fight," no matter how many times I re-tried capturing it.

I ran a check through 3 different IV calculators, and they all gave me the same result. Then I checked within RNG Reporter (Right-click, Display Characteristics, then Get IVs) and it gave me the same values that I'd gotten before. They're displayed in the second screencap.

So I guess my question is: can I run a PIDRNG search that will display the IVs along with the other info (like it does with Eggs), so I don't run into this confusion again? Or, what should I be doing instead to RNG this guy? I know I'm doing something terribly wrong, but I'm not sure what I can do to fix it. I'd appreciate any pointers anyone could give.

And I apologize if this is really, really stupid--I know it's no excuse, but I'm used to RNGing shininess/nature/IVs on Eggs. This is my first attempt at Capturing. Dx;;
The reason you didn't get the right IVs is because you did a PIDRNG search, so it didn't search for IVs.

Change the method in Time Finder to Method 5 (Standard Seed), then enter the IVs you want (If I were you I would clear the Atk box and select "HP_E" as the filter, because it will probably take a while to find 31/30s in all stats) and click the shiny only box. Then enter your min/max IV frame (if you don't want to advance the IV frame at all, put 1 in both min and max) and the maximum amount of PID advances you want to do. I noticed you put 40 in the max when you did the PID RNG search; this time you should really make that value higher because you might not find a seed with out wider search values. You might have to search more than one month but you should find a seed eventually! :)

The reason you didn't get the right IVs is because you did a PIDRNG search, so it didn't search for IVs.

Change the method in Time Finder to Method 5 (Standard Seed), then enter the IVs you want (If I were you I would clear the Atk box and select "HP_E" as the filter, because it will probably take a while to find 31/30s in all stats) and click the shiny only box. Then enter your min/max IV frame (if you don't want to advance the IV frame at all, put 1 in both min and max) and the maximum amount of PID advances you want to do. I noticed you put 40 in the max when you did the PID RNG search; this time you should really make that value higher because you might not find a seed with out wider search values. You might have to search more than one month but you should find a seed eventually! :)
Ahh, so I should have been searching using a different method. Thank you for explaining that~ And you're right--I should have cleared the Attack box to start with; that would have made a lot more sense. I'll try again with your edits and go looking for a new seed.

Thanks so much! :,D

Not really a help, but I'm just curious.

It took me a few tries to get the event Mewtwo with desired nature/IV's...but as for the starting PID...does it fluctuate or something? For example, my starting PID is 45 and my target is 62, but the RNG Reporter shows that I hit PID frame 66. Therefore, I have to imagine my PID starts at 49 (when it doesn't).

(If it has to do with Min/Max Advances, I forget what I set it as...did this three days ago.)

Not really a help, but I'm just curious.

It took me a few tries to get the event Mewtwo with desired nature/IV's...but as for the starting PID...does it fluctuate or something? For example, my starting PID is 45 and my target is 62, but the RNG Reporter shows that I hit PID frame 66. Therefore, I have to imagine my PID starts at 49 (when it doesn't).

(If it has to do with Min/Max Advances, I forget what I set it as...did this three days ago.)
Were you in a Pokemon Center that had moving NPCs?

Hey guys, I'm trying to breed a flawless shiny Throh, and it's just not working. This is the first time I try breeding in Pokémon Black.

The seed is D51396668F52231F, I'm using a Japanese Ditto as the mother, and the Throh holds an Everstone.

My 'mon is on frame 130, and my starting frame according to the reporter is 52. I advance my frame with Chatot 78 times, and I always get a Timid Throh. The thing is, the only frame with Timid as the nature is frame 142. Could this happen because my Timer0 is fluctuating? I don't think the NPCs are advancing my frame by 12 each time I try...

Hey guys, I'm trying to breed a flawless shiny Throh, and it's just not working. This is the first time I try breeding in Pokémon Black.

The seed is D51396668F52231F, I'm using a Japanese Ditto as the mother, and the Throh holds an Everstone.

My 'mon is on frame 130, and my starting frame according to the reporter is 52. I advance my frame with Chatot 78 times, and I always get a Timid Throh. The thing is, the only frame with Timid as the nature is frame 142. Could this happen because my Timer0 is fluctuating? I don't think the NPCs are advancing my frame by 12 each time I try...
How many times did you get this Timid Throh? Maybe you just missed your timer0. But if you've gotten it like 10 times, then it's not Timer0. Are you pausing the game ASAP and then taking the egg ASAP?

I would try again and see if you get Timid again, then check the IVs and see if they match frame 142 (like, did the Throh have the correct IVs passed down) as well as checking to see if the gender matches. Also, you can right click the frames and pick "Display parents in search" then enter the IVs of your parents and the IVs from frame 8 (the button that says "Get IVs from IVRNG frame 8" doesn't work so you'd have to get that yourself by changing the method to Method 5 Standard seed and finding frame 8) and then you'll be able to see the Characteristic. RNG Reporter lists some of the IVs wrong, though. Iirc it mixes up SpA/SpD and Speed with each other.

If you get Timid again and it does match frame 142, just try doing 12 less PID advancements. Maybe the NPCs are in fact advancing by 12 frames.

Hi, I'm back to RNGing after a 2-3 month hiatus. I downloaded the new RNG Reporter and there are some things I find quite confusing...

What do Min / Max advances in the Egg tab represent? Chatot "flips" or frames? Are there any minimum or maximum values I can input?

How many times did you get this Timid Throh? Maybe you just missed your timer0. But if you've gotten it like 10 times, then it's not Timer0. Are you pausing the game ASAP and then taking the egg ASAP?

I would try again and see if you get Timid again, then check the IVs and see if they match frame 142 (like, did the Throh have the correct IVs passed down) as well as checking to see if the gender matches. Also, you can right click the frames and pick "Display parents in search" then enter the IVs of your parents and the IVs from frame 8 (the button that says "Get IVs from IVRNG frame 8" doesn't work so you'd have to get that yourself by changing the method to Method 5 Standard seed and finding frame 8) and then you'll be able to see the Characteristic. RNG Reporter lists some of the IVs wrong, though. Iirc it mixes up SpA/SpD and Speed with each other.

If you get Timid again and it does match frame 142, just try doing 12 less PID advancements. Maybe the NPCs are in fact advancing by 12 frames.
Yep, I am pausing the game and taking the egg ASAP. As far as I remember, the IVs didn't match, but I may be wrong. I did do 12 less advancements, and it didn't work. I'll try again and see what happens. Thanks for your help!

Edit: Redtype, that is the min/max number or PID advancements that you're willing to do. Some people don't like advancing more than 100 times :P
So Chatot cries in other words? Thanks for replying :)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yep, I am pausing the game and taking the egg ASAP. As far as I remember, the IVs didn't match, but I may be wrong. I did do 12 less advancements, and it didn't work. I'll try again and see what happens. Thanks for your help!
After you get the egg, immediately fly to Victory Road and catch something. Compare its IVs to IV frames 14-20 on your seed. That should tell you if you're not hitting your seed or if it's some other problem.

First off The new version (9.94) of RNGReporter is excellent! I have a general question;

In regards to Calibration is it only based on your personal DS or your game cartridge as well?

If I take another game of a similar version or start a new save file, will it still be calibrated, or must I calibrate again with the same DS.

Thanks!

First off The new version (9.94) of RNGReporter is excellent! I have a general question;

In regards to Calibration is it only based on your personal DS or your game cartridge as well?

If I take another game of a similar version or start a new save file, will it still be calibrated, or must I calibrate again with the same DS.

Thanks!
What do you mean by calibrate?
You mean you find your DS parameters?
If yes to the parameters, then yes to finding a new set per game with each DS.

Thanks!
yes its your ds dependant. well im sure if you start a new game you dont have to caliberate again if you are using the same ds that you caliberated 1st. but i think you dont have to re-caliberate if you use another cartrige of the same version(but should be the same region as your caliberated cartrige).not sure about this one though

Please bear with me here-- I have not RNG bred for a good many months now, and I am encountering some troubles.

I am trying to RNG the Wondercard Victini, in the Black City Pokecenter where no NPCs can mess me up. I am hitting my seed fine, and finding my starting frame consistently (49). The frame I want is 55. Now I should be able to go to the PC, withdraw a single Pokemon from the box, walk back to the dude, and the frame should have advanced by 7 right? But when I do that it advances by 2.

And when I try to advance it just by walking, I use a Super Repel, run around 200 steps, and when I pick up Victini the frame hasn't advanced at all.

What's happening here?

This may be answered already, but, is it possible to RNG traded pokemon (from in the game)? For example, Munchlax, Rotom, or Cottonee (white)/ Petilil (black)? If so, how - what method would I use? Or would the traded pokemon have the same nature/IVs as the pokemon I give to the AI?

This may be answered already, but, is it possible to RNG traded pokemon (from in the game)? For example, Munchlax, Rotom, or Cottonee (white)/ Petilil (black)? If so, how - what method would I use? Or would the traded pokemon have the same nature/IVs as the pokemon I give to the AI?
IIRC, they have pre-set IV's, so no. Try it out, just pick up a random few and see if they all have the same stats.

Please bear with me here-- I have not RNG bred for a good many months now, and I am encountering some troubles.

I am trying to RNG the Wondercard Victini, in the Black City Pokecenter where no NPCs can mess me up. I am hitting my seed fine, and finding my starting frame consistently (49). The frame I want is 55. Now I should be able to go to the PC, withdraw a single Pokemon from the box, walk back to the dude, and the frame should have advanced by 7 right? But when I do that it advances by 2.

And when I try to advance it just by walking, I use a Super Repel, run around 200 steps, and when I pick up Victini the frame hasn't advanced at all.

What's happening here?
Last post on the previous page, don't want to get missed :S

Last post on the previous page, don't want to get missed :S
That is strange, but it's probably because the Wondercard method is different from Method 5 so maybe somethings that would usually advance the frame don't advance the frame for the Wondercard method.

The easiest way: Chatot! :D

Also, why would you want to advance the frame by 7? 49+7=56, and your target is 55 lol.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

What's happening here?
Wonder Cards only use the PIDRNG, so you have to advance it with Chatots or saving.
They all have preset IVs and natures, and cannot be RNG'd in any way.

That is strange, but it's probably because the Wondercard method is different from Method 5 so maybe somethings that would usually advance the frame don't advance the frame for the Wondercard method.

The easiest way: Chatot! :D

Also, why would you want to advance the frame by 7? 49+7=56, and your target is 55 lol.
It was 56, I was just going by memory haha.
Wonder Cards only use the PIDRNG, so you have to advance it with Chatots or saving.

They all have preset IVs and natures, and cannot be RNG'd in any way.
Thank you both. Chatot is on my White version atm so I suppose I will be saving.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Aaaall right, I'm a newbie to RNGing. I'm trying to get an Adamant event Victini with HP Ice (just in case, who knows). Do you need to input anything before you use the time finder to find seeds, as the Smogon guide seems to assume you know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)