VGC '12 World Championships - Kona, HI, USA - WON by BlueCookies & Dimsun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Hilton Waikoloa Village [ Map ]
69-425 Waikoloa Beach Drive
Waikoloa, HI 96738
+1-808-886-1234 or +1-800-HILTONS​

The ever thoughtful Pokemon Company have put this year's World Championships in Hawaii so you can justify the trip to yourself by saying it's a vacation all the while knowing you're going there to ruthlessly battle with your pocket monsters. As the largest Pokemon event of the year, it'll have meet and greets with the creators of the game, rare Pokemon merchandise for sale... oh and determine the Pokemon World Champion.

Format
The Worlds tournament is usually done as a best of three swiss tournament on Saturday with a best of three single elimination top cut on Sunday for the top 8 players.

The Last Chance Qualifier is usually held on Friday. It's a single elimination tournament of one game per match with the last eight remaining moving on to the Worlds tournament the next day.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've tried to do a thorough job as possible to pull winner information from all the National tournaments so far as well as the country the winners were from. If you have more information (or information to correct) please let me know! It'd be good to get anybody with an online presence - regardless of whether or not they're on Smogon - up here!

Also when signing up for LCQ it'd be cool to list your country so we know where people are coming from!

Yeah I decided to make this thread my 7k post.

If I get all my grades up to A's my mom will pay for my flight ticket! Thanks for posting this, now I can start planning for LCQ. I probably won't make it through LCQ, but the excitement of the World Championship will be enough fun for me!

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Definatly am going to be there, LCQ or no, but probably is going to be :P

The Netherlands respresent, in me only I suppose :P
Just getting all my stuff sorted and I should be there what is to be a big big hypefest :D

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Yeah going to the last chance qualifier for this! Masters Hawaii, USA

Only a 2 hour drive to get to this :D

i won't win nats so i guess i'm coming. how do i even fly to wablablah anyway i should figure that out. i hope flights don't get busy so i can actually get myself down there. who goes to hawaii in august anyway, just pokemon players right?

Definitely would like to go. I could probably do so right now if I was willing to go to $0 in liquid assets, but I'm not really excited about that prospect. As such, I'll be praying that I get lucky enough to win a trip at Nats and if that doesn't go well, I may have made enough money from working this summer to justify going.

i won't win nats so i guess i'm coming. how do i even fly to wablablah anyway i should figure that out. i hope flights don't get busy so i can actually get myself down there. who goes to hawaii in august anyway, just pokemon players right?
You fly into Kona, lol xD

Glezzio from Germany is the France champion, and spainard said that andycyd from Spain is the France semi-finalist with Pokérob.
The other two masters from Europe are Ben (England runner up) and Rafael from France (Italy semi finalist), but they're not on Smogon

Firestorm

I'm going to call Ben Gary Oak. Thanks for the corrections. I remember seeing the name Rafael but couldn't figure out what country he was from!

Ill be there, Im not sure at all if andycd was semifinalist
I think it was a guy called "luna" but not sure at all

They sent me my flight itinerary. Getting there doesn't seem too bad (not quite sure why I have to come via Amsterdam, but eh), but on the way back I leave Hawaii at 8:50pm on Wednesday and get back to England at 1pm Friday... With about 4 hour stops in both LA and Amsterdam. Fun!

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If I can sort out some bits and bobs with work etc, I think I'll be going to this, considering I'm in the US over the summer and all that. Might even try my hand at the LCQ if I get my desire to play back.

If I do go though, not sure which nation I'll be representing. Maybe America, considering i'm a resident for the summer, if you'll have me that is.

They sent me my flight itinerary. Getting there doesn't seem too bad (not quite sure why I have to come via Amsterdam, but eh), but on the way back I leave Hawaii at 8:50pm on Wednesday and get back to England at 1pm Friday... With about 4 hour stops in both LA and Amsterdam. Fun!
Really? That essentially means you're going the wrong way. I'm sure you can get London-LA-Kona flights...maybe you should ask them again

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Weird indeed, I reckon you arent stopping in Detroit on the way back?
Im assuming youll have the same flight back as myself, since I m leaving the wednesday after at 8:50pm as well to LA, weird you have to go t Amsterdam still, maybe they calculated it was cheaper or w/e?

Firestorm

Thank you everyone! I can only go off what was reported and I'm not that familiar with the players from all the countries =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)