Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - TCG edition

Well you need to buy packs in order to get cards unless you hack into ptcgo, so you actually have to pay money (grrrr).
Also don't bother trying that since the PvP is shut down so you cant even play with your cards vs other people.
Well, the last engine they used was shitacular, and they're apparently working on getting it up and running again by later this summer (and if you're playing the card game anyway, you should be buying some packs as it is). Right now it isn't worth your time because the PVP is down and stuff, but hopefully after they get it up and running again it'll be good.

The new version (with just the Trainer Challenge) is extremely shitty as well by the way. It doesn't even save your progress or show you how many Energies you have attached.

So the best TCG simulator is "PlayTCG" ? If not, what's the best ? There's a random battle button like on PO in any of those simulator ?

playtcg has a good interface IMO, but I've had a decent amount of trouble with cards not showing up. Like my opponent will look like they have 3 cards in hand, when they actually have 5. So if you're using playtcg, it's good to pay attention to the chat as well as the board.

Using an alternate chat is also advisable. Reading down to up just doesn't work. Especially since each individual message reads up to down.

The new version (with just the Trainer Challenge) is extremely shitty as well by the way. It doesn't even save your progress or show you how many Energies you have attached.
I've looked at it. Hopefully they get obvious issues like that ironed out before they roll out the Multiplayer.

I've looked at it. Hopefully they get obvious issues like that ironed out before they roll out the Multiplayer.
If we get to keep our cards and the multiplayer works, then i will play that again ;) ofc i would still buy packs so for me it is an added bonus, but for people who only want to play online, this could come as a shock.

Hi! Well, my little cousin bought a new Next Destinies Explosive Edge theme deck. When he opened it up, all the cards were misprints. Do you guys know where can I go to figure out reliable pricing? Is it even worth trying to resell?

There's an Emolga card out with 70 HP and the attack "Electrichain", which for one lightning does 10 damage, plus 20 if there's a lightning Pokemon on your bench.

My question is this: Would this Emolga make for a good first-turn attacker in a Zeel deck? I would imagine this to be the case--70 HP seems really solid for a basic even in these days, and 30 damage in a one-energy attack is just awesome in any rotation.

70 HP on a basic is alright in terms of not getting donked, but it won't last against any serious attacker. Doing just 30 is also not valuable: the only used Pokemon you would KO without any PlusPowers is Swablu, and that's only because of the Lightning weak. Eel decks have much better first turn attacking options in Tornadus-EX and Mewtwo-EX. Even a Thundurus Charge is better.

Hi! Well, my little cousin bought a new Next Destinies Explosive Edge theme deck. When he opened it up, all the cards were misprints. Do you guys know where can I go to figure out reliable pricing? Is it even worth trying to resell?
What kind of misprint? It's probably hard to sell right away unless the misprint is really interesting/uncommon but you can check places that collectors hang out; pokegym has some people like that, as does pkmncollectors. If the misprint has happened a bunch of times, you should be able to guess pricing based on what other people have paid; if it's a one-of, it's really what someone is willing to pay for it.

EDIT: Oh wow that was a long time ago. Well, it still holds. :P

70 HP on a basic is alright in terms of not getting donked, but it won't last against any serious attacker. Doing just 30 is also not valuable: the only used Pokemon you would KO without any PlusPowers is Swablu, and that's only because of the Lightning weak. Eel decks have much better first turn attacking options in Tornadus-EX and Mewtwo-EX. Even a Thundurus Charge is better.
And with the latest set coming out, Zeels also gets shiny Rayquaza as T1 attacker.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Guys I have this question about Mew Ex DRX. It's power says that "you still need all the necessary Energy to use each attack". A friend claims that he can use any attack as long as he has the right amount of energies (be it colorless, prism or pretty much any type) and that the energy type does not matter, just the amount. I was under the impression you had to meet ALL the cost requirements including respective energy type.
I would also appreaciate if you could include a source in your answer thanks :p

Q. If I use Mew-EX's "Versatile" Poké-Body to pick up an attack, would I have to pay requirements or effects for that attack?
A. Yes, absolutely. Mew-EX lets you copy an attack, but you copy everything about that attack, including requirements or effects to use it. (Mar 9, 2006 PUI Rules Team)

This was ruled on the Old Mew EX which pretty much has the same ability.http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=164765

"Necessary Energy" in Mew EX's DEX translated erata means " Necessary energy (required to use that attack)" Meaning meatting ALL energy requirements. This means if, say, he wants to copy Night Spear from a Darkrai he needs 2 [D] and 1 [C] to fulfill that requirement, not just something like DCE and a Blend.

Hope this helps :3

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok tcg community I need some input here, I'm about to build Keldeo-Blastoise deck but can't decide on an appropiate supporter line. Also would it be a good idea to include a Kyurem NVI for the spread damage?

Ok tcg community I need some input here, I'm about to build Keldeo-Blastoise deck but can't decide on an appropiate supporter line. Also would it be a good idea to include a Kyurem NVI for the spread damage?
Not sure if a supporter line is a simple question, but I've been trying 4 Juniper 4 N 3 Skyla 2 Bianca, and I like Kyurem NVI in the deck, especially with Eviolite.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if a supporter line is a simple question, but I've been trying 4 Juniper 4 N 3 Skyla 2 Bianca, and I like Kyurem NVI in the deck, especially with Eviolite.
That works fine, I just wasn't sure about starting a Keldeo / Blastoise thread yet since I haven't tried out the deck too much. I assume the 3 skylas are mainly for grabbing 3 catchers and getting the KO on EX's?
I'll try out Kyurem with eviolite though, sounds really interesting although I'm unsure about tools ever since facing decks running 2 tool scrappers nowadays. .__.

That works fine, I just wasn't sure about starting a Keldeo / Blastoise thread yet since I haven't tried out the deck too much. I assume the 3 skylas are mainly for grabbing 3 catchers and getting the KO on EX's?
I'll try out Kyurem with eviolite though, sounds really interesting although I'm unsure about tools ever since facing decks running 2 tool scrappers nowadays. .__.
You can skyla for rare candy or ultra ball to get blastoise also, or for energy retrieval to get enough energy for the KO, or for a lot of things. But being able to grab catchers is part of that :)

I don't have the eviolites in my list right now for that reason, but I miss them.

I haven't played with cards or bought cards since 2000 or something crazy like that.

Going to my local Walmart or Target..what packs should I look for? To get solid cards etc.

No I don't plan on going to tournaments and whatnot. But id like to have some sort of deck to casually play with

So I'm completely new to the TCG, but have learned to play and am looking to slowly ease into some competitive play. Wondering which boosters people would recommend to get me started? (Already have about 4 packs of Plasma Storm)

This post is for you. Read along if you want or just scan to the bottom. Just a little play by play of my adventure into getting back into this game.

---

No one answered my question for a few days.. but i think i did some good things to get started. spending hours online looking at options and at the store staring at all these different packs for countless minutes.. I ended up opening about 2-3 packs of Dark Explorers, Plasma Storm, Dragons Exaulted, and Boundaries Crossed.. just because I wanted to get a feel for whats out there.

I then bought a themed deck, the Plasma Storm one with Druddigon. After opening everything I was like.. man.. Druddigon pack really doesnt do much.. so I packaged it all nice and pretty.. and returned it [yay it worked]

I then got the Boundaries Crossed theme deck.. the Black Kyurem one with Blastoise, etc.

Mainly because I got lucky and pulled a Raikou EX as well as a Holo Blastoise earlier in those packs.. was crazy luck.

So with all this water and electricity.. I decided to spend big one more time, and buy a tin.

Mewtwo, Keldeo, or Darkrai... hmmm..

All have solid reasons as to why i pick them.. Mewtwo is probably the most popular card in the game because of its versatility.. Darkrai is powerful as hell, and can ruin so many benches along the way.. but I didn't have many Dark cards to play around with, and although Mewtwo is awesome.. its more of an addition for decks, rather than the main focus [in my humble and naive opinion].

So I went with Keldeo.. to compliment Blastoise, etc... and that's where I'm at now.

Kind of sucks how I have two blastoise cards and not two Keldeo.. as Blastoise is more used for his ability than his attack.. but it is what it is.

Overall: I recommend that you buy a few packs of each.. see what lucky pulls you get, if any, and then buy a tin[for the hard to get EX card and 4 packs, basically a good deal] and themed deck pack[for a lot of energies and cards that can help you out, trainers, etc].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)