5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

The issue is with a brand new PRNG that affects only nature/DW passing on/inherited IVs. PID is normal.
Oh I see, so its either a failed attempt of something new or punishment for RNGers :/ Fingers crossed that this doesn't repeat in future games

Thanks to religiousjedi to point me out here.

So, I've been trying to RNG my Victini wondercard and I've been failing time after time. I'll describe my steps here and can you guys help me see what I am doing wrong? I am using a DS Lite and it's calibrated (If I try to RNG wild pokémon I have no trouble) and checking my seeds with PPRNG.

1 - Save in front of Mailman, ready to receive the gift from the Wondercard
2 - Turn of the DS Completely.
3 - Search PPRNG for Wondercard Search. Let's say I'll use this one:

If I'm not reading wrong and not completely stupid (they can both be true), if i Hit this Seed I Shall start on Frame 47 and advance 9 times up to hit 56 before I speak to the mail man.

4 - Hit my seed holding the buttons needed (or at least I think I am) and the game loads.

5 - Open the Pokémon, find the first Chatot and open the SUmmary. It cries so I'm guessing it advanced to frame 48. I flip between my two chatots. 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56. I do it slowly to make sure the cry is complete before I change chatots. That done, I exit the pokémon menu and talk to the guy.

6 - Go check my Victini Nature and IVs. Quirky Nature and the IVs and Hidden power is matching the frame 49 according to PPRNG.

This means I am not starting in the frame informed by ppRNG?

Am I advancing the frame in a wrong way?

Should I give up RNGing and go play pokémon TCG instead?

Please help, guys ):

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Did you record a custom cry for Chatot, or is it the default sound? It only advances the PIDRNG if you're using a custom cry.

Also, where are you doing the RNG? Most Pokémon Centers have moving NPCs, which would explain why you hit frame 49 instead of 47. Pokémon League and Opelucid are both safe IIRC.

Did you record a custom cry for Chatot, or is it the default sound? It only advances the PIDRNG if you're using a custom cry.

Also, where are you doing the RNG? Most Pokémon Centers have moving NPCs, which would explain why you hit frame 49 instead of 47. Pokémon League and Opelucid are both safe IIRC.
I recorded a cry for the chatot and I am using the PokéCenter near the League...

On Rng reporter 9.96 Im having a problem to where the reporter crashes everytime i try to search for Perimiters but this didnt happen on 9.95 when I did for BW1 any ideas on how to fix this?

I'm having pretty much the exact same problem as everyone else: My profile isn't saving (at least nowhere visable) and I can't get the parameter finder to properly upload my parameters.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
So, I've been trying to RNG my Victini wondercard and I've been failing time after time.
What frame do you hit if you do no advances at all?
Do you have your roamer roaming?

Also, I don't think it should have any effect when you have Black 1 / White 1 set in your config, but there's no need to check Mem Link. Doing the Memory Link only has an effect in Black 2 / White 2 as far as we know. Try unchecking it in your config and see if the starting frames in the search results change.

I'm a tiny bit confused as to what IS and ISN'T available on the various RNG programs right now. I apologize in advance if this has been said time and time again, but can you please clarify the following bullet points for me?

*RNG Reporter can currently RNG stationary, wild, and Hidden Hollow Pokemon in English B2W2, but only on DS Phat/Lite (breeding not RNGable).
*RNG Reporter currently has no support for English Dream Radar, but it's coming up soon.
*PPRNG, a Mac-only program, can currently RNG English Dream Radar Pokemon in B2W2, but only on DS Phat/Lite.

Is this info true? Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and is Memory Link able to be accounted for in RNG Reporter and/or PPRNG at present? I heard it moves the numbers around. Thanks again!

EDIT: Oh, and is Memory Link able to be accounted for in RNG Reporter and/or PPRNG at present? I heard it moves the numbers around. Thanks again!
Also curious about this; I bought Black 2 today but haven't started? Can you turn Memory Link off at any time by the way, if it does interfere?

Also, I have some really dumb questions as I haven't RNG'd in a year. I want to RNG Genesect, and restart my game once or twice to RNG him 2 or 3 times total (trading him to BW1 each time). Can I get all those parameters I need to know (gotten through IVs I think?) at relatively low levels early in the game? Or is that not possible and do I actually have to get far into the game? Thanks.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Also, I have some really dumb questions as I haven't RNG'd in a year. I want to RNG Genesect, and restart my game once or twice to RNG him 2 or 3 times total (trading him to BW1 each time). Can I get all those parameters I need to know (gotten through IVs I think?) at relatively low levels early in the game? Or is that not possible and do I actually have to get far into the game? Thanks.
You can get parameters as soon as you can get accurate IVs. If you can use Pokécheck, then that's as soon as you can use the GTS.

Also keep in mind that parameters don't change when you start a new game, so you should only need to do the whole process once.

Was unaware of Pokecheck's existence. It doesn't screw with anything in the game, right? Totally safe and non-game-interfering (just wanna make sure)?

What's typically the lowest level you can get an accurate IV check at anyway for parameters?

Was unaware of Pokecheck's existence. It doesn't screw with anything in the game, right? Totally safe and non-game-interfering (just wanna make sure)?

What's typically the lowest level you can get an accurate IV check at anyway for parameters?
if the pokemon is 100lvl then you get 100% accuracy...so as the level become lower you get many results and one of them is your paras....

if the pokemon is 100lvl then you get 100% accuracy...so as the level become lower you get many results and one of them is your paras....
Yeah, my question is what's the lowest level to determine the para? Because I remember in BW1 I did it with Pokes around level 65 just fine, but how low can one go?
Eh, may just do the Pokecheck thing, doesn't seem too hard.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Characteristic + Hidden Power type (Mistralton Pokémon Centre) + maybe subway judge info should be enough. Couple levels worth of stats via Rare Candies works too.

Hey~

Can someone help me out here?
I'm trying to get my parameters for my B2 game and no matter what i do, it doesn't give me a seed

I'm using RNG Reporter Beta 9.96
English Version Black 2
DS Lite

Is it merely a glitch or am i do something wrong?

P.S. I've tried expanding the search by making the seconds range from 0-59 (the only thing i feel confident in changing really)

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
VCount is ~82, Timer0 is around 1100 give or take 15 in either direction. Leave the seconds range alone, although I guess you can subtract 10 seconds from the max.

Edit: Yes this is what I got on my lite.

VCount is ~82, Timer0 is around 1100 give or take 15 in either direction. Leave the seconds range alone, although I guess you can subtract 10 seconds from the max.
For a ds lite, the timer0 is the 3 characters typically but i'll try this out

Edit: Tried it and it didn't work :/

I have a question about the seed you get, when you are creating your character in b/w2. A essential thing in getting your seed in rng is the target time and the button presses at the starting of the game. So wouldn't be there a way to find out your seed, if you write down the time when you created your character?
If yes, you could use it for breeding. Correct me please, if I'm wrong.

I'm a tiny bit confused as to what IS and ISN'T available on the various RNG programs right now. I apologize in advance if this has been said time and time again, but can you please clarify the following bullet points for me?

*RNG Reporter can currently RNG stationary, wild, and Hidden Hollow Pokemon in English B2W2, but only on DS Phat/Lite (breeding not RNGable).
*RNG Reporter currently has no support for English Dream Radar, but it's coming up soon.
*PPRNG, a Mac-only program, can currently RNG English Dream Radar Pokemon in B2W2, but only on DS Phat/Lite.

Is this info true? Thanks!
Technically, all three are true (lucky Mac users), but from what I hear the third is a case of "untested but should work."

Shii

zap
So does anyone know if synching to BW1 messes with the RNG process?
If you are talking about Memory Link, yes it does. It has an effect on initial PID frames and maybe Dream Radar too, iirc.
I have a question about the seed you get, when you are creating your character in b/w2. A essential thing in getting your seed in rng is the target time and the button presses at the starting of the game. So wouldn't be there a way to find out your seed, if you write down the time when you created your character?
If yes, you could use it for breeding. Correct me please, if I'm wrong.
The time you create your character? I'm not quite sure what you mean.

You can find out what seed you hit by checking the TID you get ingame and searching it in Pandora's Box. See the way it works is you hit the seed, and when you enter your name and say No to Juniper when she asks to confirm that name, the RNG advances by one. And you end up with a different ID/SID combo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)