5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm not doing the SID thing which is supposed to make shinies easier, so my PID frames should be way up there as far as I understand. Though the only shiny I might be interested in getting is Terrakion.
Even without an RNGed ID, if you make a wide search, you should be able to find a few good IV + shiny PID frames where the PID is not terribly far away from the starting PID frame. For example, the PID frame for my Shiny Jolly Terrakion (with perfect IVs, as well) was only about 110 advances away from the starting frame.

Cool, haven't played around with it much so I wouldn't know yet.

Still curious if keeping track of turns, and letting repels keep track of steps would work though.

I have a question.
I have the Ice Key and want to RNG a hex flawless shiny Regice. There aren't any NPCs around, so I thought I would have an easy time with it. I must have tried about 20 times to get the correct second and Timer0, but couldn't get it. The time and date were all correct during the RNG attempts, so I'm wondering. Does the Ice Key mess up something? Or is it just my Timer0s trolling and I should just keep trying?

Using repels continuously won't get you exact steps?
I was hoping if a shiny is on a PID frame of 1000+ I could just let super repels do the counting for me until the final stretch? (Or does turning and moving at the same time count as 4 instead of 2, thus forcing me to keep track of how many times I turned while repels count my steps?)
Yeah, that.

I've been reading a lot of these posts and I'm a bit confused, so I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me

In b2w2 the timer0 fluctuates a lot more (like 12 variants), so that makes it harder to hit a seed. But what was it about the Chatot chatters? Do they no longer advance the frames like they did?

Let's say I want to RNG Latias in the Dreamyard, is the process exactly the same as it was for let's say Virizion in BW or are there differences?

As far as BW2 RNG goes i'm only interested in wondercards and stationary, the rest I can just RNG in black/white.

I've been reading a lot of these posts and I'm a bit confused, so I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me
Then stop reading them now, or else you'll keep getting confused by stuff that's user error and/or random chance.

In b2w2 the timer0 fluctuates a lot more (like 12 variants), so that makes it harder to hit a seed. But what was it about the Chatot chatters? Do they no longer advance the frames like they did?
They still do.

Let's say I want to RNG Latias in the Dreamyard, is the process exactly the same as it was for let's say Virizion in BW or are there differences?
It's the same, except you have to take a step forward instead of pressing A. Also you get NPC advancements for Lati@s.

I wanted to find my parameters in BW2 the old fashioned way - standing in front of Virizion and typing everything into the RNG Reporter, but I do not get any results. So now my question is, if there is any other way to determine your parameters with a windows PC?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have a question.
I have the Ice Key and want to RNG a hex flawless shiny Regice. There aren't any NPCs around, so I thought I would have an easy time with it. I must have tried about 20 times to get the correct second and Timer0, but couldn't get it. The time and date were all correct during the RNG attempts, so I'm wondering. Does the Ice Key mess up something? Or is it just my Timer0s trolling and I should just keep trying?
Just your Timer0 trolling you. There aren't any WNPCs in Regice's room (or any of them, for that matter). Just be persistent, and you'll get the right T0 sooner or later.

On my Dream Radar, I have two Shuckles and a Landorus on the queue for sending to my Black 2. Landorus is in a box of its own, but I know for a fact that I caught it after the shuckles...
do I mark it as slot 1 or 3 for rnging?

On my Dream Radar, I have two Shuckles and a Landorus on the queue for sending to my Black 2. Landorus is in a box of its own, but I know for a fact that I caught it after the shuckles...
do I mark it as slot 1 or 3 for rnging?
Read that guide linked in the first post again, specifically all of Important Note 3 under Dream Radar.

Question:
Since RNG now supports European Black/White 2 I tried to recalibrate my Nintendo DS Lite.
Problem is, no matter how many times I try to search my Seed, RNG finds nothing.
Well I found one Seed but the seconds werent right (I started my game at 14 seconds while RNG told me 17 seconds, I also increased the range of the timer0 hoping to find a seed)
But to be honestly, I'm not sure if I did everything correct. I've read that RNGing is alomst the same as Black/White 1 except for the awesome timer0.

Can someone confirm if I did a mistake?

I'm using:
Nintendo DS Lite
Pokemon White 2 German

Question:
Since RNG now supports European Black/White 2 I tried to recalibrate my Nintendo DS Lite.
Problem is, no matter how many times I try to search my Seed, RNG finds nothing.
Well I found one Seed but the seconds werent right (I started my game at 14 seconds while RNG told me 17 seconds, I also increased the range of the timer0 hoping to find a seed)
But to be honestly, I'm not sure if I did everything correct. I've read that RNGing is alomst the same as Black/White 1 except for the awesome timer0.

Can someone confirm if I did a mistake?

I'm using:
Nintendo DS Lite
Pokemon White 2 German
Same for me, except I never found any results. Here is a screenshot of my settings: http://oi46.tinypic.com/119p2ch.jpg

I didn't have any major Timer0 problems for my Japanese black2, but I haven't got the correct iv's a single time for my English starter.

It's been a long time since i checked this thread... It is possible to RNG abuse Hidden Hollows? (I guess it is, but i want to be sure) And how is it done? It's just plain simple Stationary abuse or another method is needed?

'Thankfully, legendaries have separate encounters using the specialized Dream Radar parts and are therefore easy to capture alone.'

So I click Slot 1 for Landorus, right?
"All Pokemon currently captured on the Dream Radar application will be sent to your Black 2 or White 2 game at the same time."

"Additionally, the exact behavior of the RNG when receiving both legendaries and non-legendaries at the same time has not been researched."

You have two Shuckle and a Landorus.

In other words, you can't do it.

No matter how often I post this, no one responds. Will someone please help?

Whenever I try to close the RNG Profiles window of RNG Reporter 9.96 Beta, I get the same message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Windows\system32\profiles.xml' is denied"

When I click Continue, the window stays open, and when I click Quit, the window stays open.

The thing is, I can't even find that file or folder. I've tried redownloading the program, but nothing works. Could someone please give me some detailed help on this? Or at least a way use 9.96 Beta without having to save a Profile? I'm using Windows Vista BTW

Could it be that my RNG Reporter 9.95 be causing the bugs in 9.96?

Can RNG Reporter 9.96 Beta work even if you can't close the Profiles Window? Just as a temporary fix until I figure out what's going on in the program.

Any idea when XP users will be able to do even the most basic RNGing? Not sure why you had to switch to the new .net stuff right when the english sequels came out…

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)