5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hey guys, just picked up my copies of BW2.

Now, I was wondering, is it worth it to RNG that Genesect event? How many of you guys have RNG'ed it for flawless IVs and nature?

Second, where's the earliest location in the game I can RNG it if I so choose to? I want to make sure I don't miss getting the event before it expires next month.

Agonist

The day the world went away
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys, just picked up my copies of BW2.

Now, I was wondering, is it worth it to RNG that Genesect event? How many of you guys have RNG'ed it for flawless IVs and nature?

Second, where's the earliest location in the game I can RNG it if I so choose to? I want to make sure I don't miss getting the event before it expires next month.
yeah it's worth it, and the earliest Pokecenter without any WNPCs is Castelia.

yeah it's worth it, and the earliest Pokecenter without any WNPCs is Castelia.
So is RNGing basically the same as it was in BW? I haven't RNG'ed in a while since the old games, but usually was able to achieve what I wanted without much trouble.

Does the guide in the OP cover BW2? And is it the same as it was in BW for Wondercards?

Also, can someone explain to me what Dream Radar is and catch me up? It'd be much appreciated.

So is RNGing basically the same as it was in BW? I haven't RNG'ed in a while since the old games, but usually was able to achieve what I wanted without much trouble.

Does the guide in the OP cover BW2? And is it the same as it was in BW for Wondercards?

Also, can someone explain to me what Dream Radar is and catch me up? It'd be much appreciated.
It's more or less the same, except you have a much larger range of timer0s this time around.

Dream Radar is an app for the 3DS that lets you send over a handful of Pokemon & items to Black/White 2, kind of like the Pokewalker for HGSS, except more fun and even has a few Legendaries. Don't concern yourself with it right now, though, since RNG Reporter doesn't work with it yet. PPRNG does, though.

Hi. I'm a regular on the GameFaqs board but a first time poster here at Smogon.

I have done a lot of RNG Egg Breeding in Pokemon Black 1 but have only RNG Wondercarded for Keldeos before. I managed to get HP Electric, HP Grass and HP Ice Keldeos.

I am about to try and RNG Genesect in Pokemon White 2 and have been talking to a few other RNGers on the GameFaqs boards on how to go about this. I am aware that I am going to have issues with Timer0s when calibrating.

However, in addition a friend who had just RNGed Genesect mentioned another possible problem. Apparently, there is now an issue when loading the game after the star animation because after that it goes into the opening movie no matter what you do. To address this he suggested entering at a second or 2 after the star is gone and keep on experimenting until you get it right.

Is anyone else aware of such problems when starting up the game which could cause problems. Also, what is the best way to adjust for this if there is such a problem.

Agonist

However, in addition a friend who had just RNGed Genesect mentioned another possible problem. Apparently, there is now an issue when loading the game after the star animation because after that it goes into the opening movie no matter what you do. To address this he suggested entering at a second or 2 after the star is gone and keep on experimenting until you get it right.

Is anyone else aware of such problems when starting up the game which could cause problems. Also, what is the best way to adjust for this if there is such a problem.
I've never heard of this before, and even if it did force you to watch the intro, no big deal, it has no effect on your PID frame, or anything.

I've never heard of this before, and even if it did force you to watch the intro, no big deal, it has no effect on your PID frame, or anything.
Thanks for the quick response :heart:

So does that mean I just need to make the normal 1 second offset (I'm using a DS lite) when pressing A to start the game, and then press A again after the Game Freaks logo - as I did in Black 1?

Hi. I'm a regular on the GameFaqs board but a first time poster here at Smogon.

I have done a lot of RNG Egg Breeding in Pokemon Black 1 but have only RNG Wondercarded for Keldeos before. I managed to get HP Electric, HP Grass and HP Ice Keldeos.

I am about to try and RNG Genesect in Pokemon White 2 and have been talking to a few other RNGers on the GameFaqs boards on how to go about this. I am aware that I am going to have issues with Timer0s when calibrating.

You just have to press A one more time to skip the movie, it doesn't affect anything (I have experience from the Japanese version of the game).

Is there any way to make RNG Reporter search multiple years (or a range of years) for spreads?

edit:
You just have to press A one more time to skip the movie, it doesn't affect anything (I have experience from the Japanese version of the game).
I can confirm that pressing A one more time to skip the movie does absolutely nothing.

Whenever I try to close the RNG Profiles window of RNG Reporter 9.96 Beta, I get the same message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Windows\system32\profiles.xml' is denied"

When I click Continue, the window stays open, and when I click Quit, the window stays open.

The thing is, I can't even find that file or folder. I've tried redownloading the program, but nothing works. Could someone please give me some detailed help on this? Or at least a way use 9.96 Beta without having to save a Profile? I'm using Windows Vista BTW

Could it be that my RNG Reporter 9.95 be causing the bugs in 9.96?

Can RNG Reporter 9.96 Beta work even if you can't close the Profiles Window? Just as a temporary fix until I figure out what's going on in the program.

My PPRNG is simply not working anymore. I have followed the smogon guide down to the letter, tried so many spreads that it is ridiculous, and most of the time what pokemon I get isn't even the list of possible results. I have doubled checked, all the information I have entered into PPRNG is correct. This problem started occuring after I tried to RNG eggs, but was fine when I RNGd Reshiram and two wondercard pokemon. Please help, this is deeply frustrating.

So about that broken breeding in BW2... What does that mean in layman's terms? I get that it means "no RNGing for eggs", but can anyone explain the mechanics behind it in a very simple way?

Also, is Entralink RNG any easier in this game, or is it the same as before?

Agonist

My PPRNG is simply not working anymore. I have followed the smogon guide down to the letter, tried so many spreads that it is ridiculous, and most of the time what pokemon I get isn't even the list of possible results. I have doubled checked, all the information I have entered into PPRNG is correct. This problem started occuring after I tried to RNG eggs, but was fine when I RNGd Reshiram and two wondercard pokemon. Please help, this is deeply frustrating.
Are you using the right keypresses, are you starting at the correct time, are you hitting the right Timer0? If you're using BW2, there are potentially up to 12 Timer0's, so if you search in the adjacents, and your parameter range isn't wide enough, you won't find any results.

@ Hotdogturtle Entralink is much easier now.

Are you using the right keypresses, are you starting at the correct time, are you hitting the right Timer0? If you're using BW2, there are potentially up to 12 Timer0's, so if you search in the adjacents, and your parameter range isn't wide enough, you won't find any results.

@ Hotdogturtle Entralink is much easier now.
I am using Pokemon Black for RNG abuse. I am doing all those things, and my Timer0 is only C7C - C7D, it seems unlikely that I have missed all the spreads that I have tried to do. I may not have entered exactly the right parent IVs into the Seed Searcher, but the ones that are wish for the baby pokemon to inherit are 100% accurate, the iv calculator is sure of it. I am not sure if that last issue is a major problem, and therefore the source of my discontentment.

What exactly is a shiny frame? Is it the exact same thing as the "walk 128 steps", because for frame it says 23, but for shiny it says 76 on one of the searches I did.

Also, can you repel while walking the steps without messing anything up?

I might for a shiny Volcarona if I feel up to it.
Actually, screw it, shiny Volc looks worse IMO, but I would still like to know for the future.

Remember, Cefiro, that 5th gen has two RNGs: one for PID (nature ability, shininess) and one for IVs (the 128 steps one). For everything except Wondercards, you have to advance them separately, which is why everybody suggests sticking to your initial IV frame, so you only worry about one (and because PIDs are a whole lot easier to advance).

Walking anywhere where you can encounter wild Pokemon (like Volcarona's chamber) will advance the PIDRNG much faster than the IVRNG (about 2 advances per step, IIRC), even if you use Repels.

So about that broken breeding in BW2... What does that mean in layman's terms? I get that it means "no RNGing for eggs", but can anyone explain the mechanics behind it in a very simple way?
Basically, every time you try to hit a seed for breeding, no matter what it's supposed to be it gets screwed over by an unrelated seed that was created when you started the game. So, a lot of it ends up unabusable.

Are N's Pokemon RNG-able? I read somewhere that N's Pokemon will always have IVs of 30.

Also, in Black and White, Zekrom/Reshiram could not be shiny. Is that still true in Black 2/White 2?

Hey, I was thinking of buying a 3DS for access to the Dream Radar. I was wondering if the 3DS setting in RNG reporter applies to the 3DS XL as well, or are there differences like there are between the DS and DSi?

Also, what are the differences in RNG abuse that I should be aware of? (Fyi, I have only used RNG abuse on the original DS so far.)

religiousjedi

Burning 3DSes before the virus known as GSC hits.
is a Top Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Are N's Pokemon RNG-able? I read somewhere that N's Pokemon will always have IVs of 30.

Also, in Black and White, Zekrom/Reshiram could not be shiny. Is that still true in Black 2/White 2?
No, N's Pokes are not RNG-able. They will always have set IVs (30 all) and a set nature.

Yes, Reshiram/Zekrom retain the shiny check, so they cannot be shiny.

Hey, I was thinking of buying a 3DS for access to the Dream Radar. I was wondering if the 3DS setting in RNG reporter applies to the 3DS XL as well, or are there differences like there are between the DS and DSi?

Also, what are the differences in RNG abuse that I should be aware of? (Fyi, I have only used RNG abuse on the original DS so far.)
If you still have that original DS, you can use that to RNG Dream Radar Pokemon, too (you don't need to use the 3DS you get them off of).

...Once RNG Reporter gets the update for it, that is.

So I'm guessing it's a little more difficult to attempt to RNG on a 3DS XL? I read somewhere the delay to get into the game is something like 7 seconds as opposed to DS's 1 second, and you need a stopwatch since the 3DS doesn't have a second hand. Is this really necessary if you're using Eon Timer?

Also, is there a guide or helpful posts related to Dream Radar abuse, or will that be on hold until RNG Reporter supports it? The link from the first post seems to be Mac exclusive.

I am using Pokemon Black for RNG abuse. I am doing all those things, and my Timer0 is only C7C - C7D, it seems unlikely that I have missed all the spreads that I have tried to do. I may not have entered exactly the right parent IVs into the Seed Searcher, but the ones that are wish for the baby pokemon to inherit are 100% accurate, the iv calculator is sure of it. I am not sure if that last issue is a major problem, and therefore the source of my discontentment.
Ah, yes, there is also the mailman waiting in all pokecenters to deliver that event Darkrai from months ago. Seeing as I have never RNG'd with a wondercard pokemon waiting to be given, this may be the problem.

Remember, Cefiro, that 5th gen has two RNGs: one for PID (nature ability, shininess) and one for IVs (the 128 steps one). For everything except Wondercards, you have to advance them separately, which is why everybody suggests sticking to your initial IV frame, so you only worry about one (and because PIDs are a whole lot easier to advance).

Walking anywhere where you can encounter wild Pokemon (like Volcarona's chamber) will advance the PIDRNG much faster than the IVRNG (about 2 advances per step, IIRC), even if you use Repels.
Ah, forgot shininess is a PIDRNG thing. When you say about 2, are you saying about because of your memory, or because each step isn't always a set number? Because if each step is not a set number, then that method is all luck based.
Also, does turning count as a step/advance, or can you turn as much as you like?

Also, I forgot, does encountering the stationary Poke count as one advancement of the PIDRNG? My starting frame is one before the frame I want, so when I get home I can just encounter the Volcarona instead of doing anything?

Also, since I'm currently in the absence of a Chatot in BW2 (traded him back after getting Genesect twice), will saving the game once still advance the PIDRNG by 1, if that ends up being neccesary for Volcarona? I think he is the only Poke I plan to RNG prior to beating the rest of BW2 and getting to the Chatot area.
Actually, one more question to follow-up on this: I can completely ignore the three musketeers found mid-game and capture them at any time, right? They don't vanish or anything? I know GameFreak tried to do away with the "Miss your chance and this Poke is gone forever", but I just want to make sure. Because I want to try to go for a shiny Terra sometime in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)