5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

The counter begins when you first start your game. You get an advancement every time you walk 128 steps. Of course, it should go without saying that those advancements don't carry over between continues, but the step counter does.

It applies to everything.

Wouldn't that mean I would've had to keep track of every step I've made since I started the game? Which in other words, I would've advanced an uncountable number of steps, unpredictably changing the IV frame and therefore making it impossible to RNG my entralink pokemon?!

That couldn't be the case, because I've RNGed shiny legendary pokemon on IV frame 1 with no problems. Why would something like that be the case with entralink pokemon? I'm really confused here.

Wouldn't that mean I would've had to keep track of every step I've made since I started the game? Which in other words, I would've advanced an uncountable number of steps, unpredictably changing the IV frame and therefore making it impossible to RNG my entralink pokemon?!

That couldn't be the case, because I've RNGed shiny legendary pokemon on IV frame 1 with no problems. Why would something like that be the case with entralink pokemon? I'm really confused here.
Of course, it should go without saying that those advancements don't carry over between continues
Derp.

*start the game*
take 128 steps
*advancement*
take 128 steps
*advancement*
take 100 steps
*save, restart, advancements reset*
take 28 steps
*advancement*
take 128 steps
*advancement*
take 120 steps
take 8 steps to get to Entralink Pokemon
*advancement*
take 128 steps
*advancement*

And so on and so on.

Yes, you'd have to keep track of each step you've ever made to know where you are on the counter (unless you kept track of which step triggered the advancement and started counting from there), but outside of that any steps before the current group of 128 don't matter. But since you can't normally know where you are in the counter, whenever you have to take a step (like to get those Entralink Pokemon), you take the risk of that step being the advancing step, which is why I brought it up in the first place.

Can anyone help, I can't hit the IV seed for cresselia at all on Black 2?

EDIT 1: This is just a case of I cannot hit the IV seed for Cresselia, let alone the PIDRNG for nature. This is the first thing I have tried to RNG on BW2 but I can hit the seeds quite easy on Black.

EDIT 2: Im guessing that it could be a problem with the timer0's. How do I sort this out?

Derp.

*start the game*
take 128 steps
*advancement*
take 128 steps
*advancement*
take 100 steps
take 28 steps
*advancement*
take 128 steps
*advancement*
take 120 steps
take 8 steps to get to Entralink Pokemon
*advancement*
take 128 steps
*advancement*

And so on and so on.

Yes, you'd have to keep track of each step you've ever made to know where you are on the counter (unless you kept track of which step triggered the advancement and started counting from there), but outside of that any steps before the current group of 128 don't matter. But since you can't normally know where you are in the counter, whenever you have to take a step (like to get those Entralink Pokemon), you take the risk of that step being the advancing step, which is why I brought it up in the first place.
So would it be like, the entralink pokemon starts on frame 25, I take 128 steps with x amount of pokemon in my pary (lets say 5), I then save, then I set the date and time to get my entralink pokemon, I start my game, warp to the entralink, go get my pokemon, and it would be on IV frame 30? Or am I mistaken?

So would it be like, the entralink pokemon starts on frame 25, I take 128 steps with x amount of pokemon in my pary (lets say 5), I then save, then I set the date and time to get my entralink pokemon, I start my game, warp to the entralink, go get my pokemon, and it would be on IV frame 30?
those advancements don't carry over between continues
Only the step counter is carrying over. Taking 128 steps then saving and restarting won't do anything since it'll just put you right back where you started. If you find yourself on IV frame 30, then it's because I was right and one of the steps between entering the Entralink and picking up your Pokemon is the advancement step. What you'd need to do in that case is count how many steps you're taking, then reset, take that many steps, resave, and try again.

hi guys sorry but no matter what i cant find a guide on rnging shiny pokemon using sid/tid. few questions to ask. first, i've already uploaded a pokemon to pokecheck, and got the tid and sid. so how am i supposed to use it now? do i just insert both of these details into my profile on rngreporter? second question would be after this, using timefinder, am i supposed to check the "check for nearby shiny frames" box? When i do, an option called max shiny advances appears. i assume the advances its talking about is referring to the pidrng?

also, would it be much easier to use a synchronizer to catch a shiny flawless pokemon? the pokemon im actually thinking of rnging would be latios from my black 2.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
hi guys sorry but no matter what i cant find a guide on rnging shiny pokemon using sid/tid. few questions to ask. first, i've already uploaded a pokemon to pokecheck, and got the tid and sid. so how am i supposed to use it now? do i just insert both of these details into my profile on rngreporter? second question would be after this, using timefinder, am i supposed to check the "check for nearby shiny frames" box? When i do, an option called max shiny advances appears. i assume the advances its talking about is referring to the pidrng?

also, would it be much easier to use a synchronizer to catch a shiny flawless pokemon? the pokemon im actually thinking of rnging would be latios from my black 2.
1. yes
2. yes and yes
3.yes

so previously i've managed to rng the wondercard genesect. i assume that it would be exactly the same as rnging the latios, except for 2 things. first would be that im advancing the pidrng to obtain the shininess and not the nature, and secondly would be the single wnpc in dreamyard lv1?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
so previously i've managed to rng the wondercard genesect. i assume that it would be exactly the same as rnging the latios, except for 2 things. first would be that im advancing the pidrng to obtain the shininess and not the nature, and secondly would be the single wnpc in dreamyard lv1?
Advancing the PIDRNG also affects the nature; the shiny frame should have the nature you're looking for tho. The NPC, yes :/ Try to hit your timer0, and figure out how many frames it advances, then adjust accordingly.

Unova Link calibration isn't working for me in 96.5.

I put in my info and time and such as though I was going to use IVs to seed search. When I start putting in spinner results, I do not see one consistent seed each time. If I get a result with one seed, and put in another spinner direction, that seed vanishes. I'm on a DSL so I would have thought the seconds should be +1 my starting time, but I'm getting one seed with +4 or +10.

Also, I note that the backspace button cannot remove the first spinner result; you have to reset to clear it.
~Uiru

Unova Link calibration isn't working for me in 96.5.

I put in my info and time and such as though I was going to use IVs to seed search. When I start putting in spinner results, I do not see one consistent seed each time. If I get a result with one seed, and put in another spinner direction, that seed vanishes. I'm on a DSL so I would have thought the seconds should be +1 my starting time, but I'm getting one seed with +4 or +10.
Posting to confirm this.

More specifically, I put in 7 spinners or so and get a single result, but when I put in an 8th that result vanishes. Then when I start over the same thing happens, except the new result also has completely different VCount & VFrame. No keypresses for any of them. I know I'm inputting the correct spinner directions, so it isn't that, either.

EDIT:

I've checked, double-checked, and triple-checked to make absolutely sure that the spinners are right, and I'm keeping my fingers off all the buttons until after the Gamefreak logo to make sure there're no keypresses getting in the way. Yet this is happening every time, each one with different VCount/VFrame. I've tried expanding the parameters, too, but the same thing happens.

but if i checked the synchronize frames only box and use a synchronizer? wouldnt the synchronizer overwrite the original nature?
Yes, but only with certain frames. You'd need a shiny frame that can be Synchronized, which RNG Reporter should give you.

im sorry im pretty confused now. could you run me through the procedure on how to search for a shiny synchronizable frame with rng reporter?

im sorry im pretty confused now. could you run me through the procedure on how to search for a shiny synchronizable frame with rng reporter?
You already had it down in your earlier post. When you do that search, some of the natures listed will be in bold. Those are the ones that'll work with Synchronize.

If you're talking about timefinder, like you said previously, you have to check off the 'search for nearby shiny frames' box (making sure that you've entered your TID/SID into the profile that you're using for timefinder) and put in the max amount of PID advancements you'd want to do. If you're looking for synch frames only, you could also tick the box for that. Make sure you're searching through frames that may use multiple keypresses just to give you a higher probability of finding a shiny frame with the spread you want, and if you're doing Latios, I believe that's a stationary pokemon (which you'd have to indicate in the search as well).

Once you have a seed you want, you just paste it in the main window with the method 5 PIDRNG selected, and proceed as you would with finding your shifted frame, then advancing properly.

Will the number of key presses have a huge effect on your timer0? Meaning would ONE key press be any different from THREE key presses? Because when I was calibrating I did one with NO key presses and one with ONE key press and my timer0 stayed the same. However I did not check to see if holding more than ONE key made a difference.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Will the number of key presses have a huge effect on your timer0? Meaning would ONE key press be any different from THREE key presses? Because when I was calibrating I did one with NO key presses and one with ONE key press and my timer0 stayed the same. However I did not check to see if holding more than ONE key made a difference.
Keypresses have no effect on Timer0.

I posted this in the "Most Gen PRNG Help" Thread, but I figure more people are on here and would be able to help me with RNGing my ID/SID in Pearl.

---
I've done a lot of RNGing in Black 1 and 2, and want to try my hand at RNGing my ID/SID in Pearl. Is it just me, or is it overly difficult to get to the Gyarados cut-scene in time after you name your character?

I'm following Everstone's guide and using the same parameters prior to getting my ID, but I just find it really difficult to get to the cut-scene in time (usually only 3-4 seconds remaining in EonTimer, which is not enough to view the scene).

EDIT 1: This is just a case of I cannot hit the IV seed for Cresselia, let alone the PIDRNG for nature. This is the first thing I have tried to RNG on BW2 but I can hit the seeds quite easy on Black.

EDIT 2: Im guessing that it could be a problem with the timer0's. How do I sort this out?
did you calibrate it properly?

As most people have found, BW2 has a ton of timer0s compared to the one or two you'll probably get in BW1. If you're certain that you have the dates/times/etc correct and are entering the game from the DS menu 1 second before your target time, then you're fine. The timer0s cannot be controlled, so you can't 'sort it out' - you just have to keep trying over and over until you hit the proper seed.

If all else fails, recalibrate multiple times to find your most common timer0. You'll likely still have a bunch that you fluctuate between, but multiple tests might marginally improve your chances of finding and hitting the most common one.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I posted this in the "Most Gen PRNG Help" Thread, but I figure more people are on here and would be able to help me with RNGing my ID/SID in Pearl.

---
I've done a lot of RNGing in Black 1 and 2, and want to try my hand at RNGing my ID/SID in Pearl. Is it just me, or is it overly difficult to get to the Gyarados cut-scene in time after you name your character?

I'm following Everstone's guide and using the same parameters prior to getting my ID, but I just find it really difficult to get to the cut-scene in time (usually only 3-4 seconds remaining in EonTimer, which is not enough to view the scene).
Well, this thread is for Fifth Gen. only...so just be patient and wait until someone replies to you in the other thread.

When exiting out of the Pokemon Menu from making your Chatot advances. Is their a particular way one should do it? Can you just go ahead and press the X from the last Chatot summary advancement or should one exit all the way out to the MAIN Manu and THEN select X from there??! Just wondering if this has any effect on the frame advancement by NPC's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)