5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
White 2. But there are no WNPCs, just this one backpacker dude, but he's not moving. I suppose I can do that as I have a NDS Lite.
That Backpacker is the wandering NPC. He turns in place, which still counts as frame advancements.

By the way, whatever DS or 3DS model you use won't matter in terms of Timer0; BW2 have expansive ranges for Timer0. DS/DS Lite are just easier to manage due to the (usually) 1 second offset.

We have calibrated a W2 cart with our DS lite. Is it possible to use the results for any other BW2 cart on the same system (B2 in particular) or do we have to do it again?

We have calibrated a W2 cart with our DS lite. Is it possible to use the results for any other BW2 cart on the same system (B2 in particular) or do we have to do it again?
Each cart is different, so yes.

That Backpacker is the wandering NPC. He turns in place, which still counts as frame advancements.

By the way, whatever DS or 3DS model you use won't matter in terms of Timer0; BW2 have expansive ranges for Timer0. DS/DS Lite are just easier to manage due to the (usually) 1 second offset.
Well the thing is I usually do the advancements so fast he doesn't move, but what you're saying is that I need to adjust my advancements accordingly to this guy is I can get my wanted frame?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well the thing is I usually do the advancements so fast he doesn't move, but what you're saying is that I need to adjust my advancements accordingly to this guy is I can get my wanted frame?
I'm assuming you let the seasons screen fade away. When that screen is up, the backpacker can still move around. In any case, best thing to do would be to check your shifted starting PID frame. Simply engage battle with Terrakion once you gain control of your character (best not to use your Sync when doing this), capture it and compare the result, and then you'll be able to determine how many advancements you need. If your ear is attuned, you can pick up the sequence of Chatot cries/pitches to see what frame you're on.

Each cart is different, so yes.
We though so. Luckily, it has turned out that the most common Timer0 10E9 appears 50% of the times, in contrast to the two most common Timer0 of our W2 10E9 and 10EA which appear 20% of the times respectively.

I'm assuming you let the seasons screen fade away. When that screen is up, the backpacker can still move around. In any case, best thing to do would be to check your shifted starting PID frame. Simply engage battle with Terrakion once you gain control of your character (best not to use your Sync when doing this), capture it and compare the result, and then you'll be able to determine how many advancements you need. If your ear is attuned, you can pick up the sequence of Chatot cries/pitches to see what frame you're on.
No, I press A at the seasons screen. And I'll try doing what you said (and my ear is highly trained so I can tell what Chatot pitch I'm on).

Hey guys, I have a couple questions. I want to RNG my members for B2W2 and transfer them over, and one of my wanted member is a Braviary. As far as I know, I can't breed it with the DW ability since it is 100% male. As far as I know, the only way to get it is by Entralink RNG, but what level will it be at if I obtain it through that method?

By any chance, is there another method of getting a low-level Rufflet with Defiant ability in Black/White (not 2)?

religiousjedi

Old man.
Hey guys, I have a couple questions. I want to RNG my members for B2W2 and transfer them over, and one of my wanted member is a Braviary. As far as I know, I can't breed it with the DW ability since it is 100% male. As far as I know, the only way to get it is by Entralink RNG, but what level will it be at if I obtain it through that method?

By any chance, is there another method of getting a low-level Rufflet with Defiant ability in Black/White (not 2)?
Rufflet is not available in Entralink/Dream World. If you have White 2, you can catch a Braviary with its DW ability, Lv. 25. Otherwise, no other way.

Edit: well, aside from trading someone else for it.

Crap.. I ordered the second sequel solely for Braviary but I thought Black 2 had it and ordered it instead.. meh thanks for the answer :(

Hey, had a break from RNGing for a while now, and I need a quick reminder on a few things:

1. When I interact with a stationary Pokemon in BW2, the PID frame advances by 2, right?

2. Is the IV spread generated from the frame I'm currently "on" or the following one? Say, if RNG Reporter shows my target spread at IV Frame 5, do I have to advance my frame to frame 5 or frame 4?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, had a break from RNGing for a while now, and I need a quick reminder on a few things:

1. When I interact with a stationary Pokemon in BW2, the PID frame advances by 2, right?

2. Is the IV spread generated from the frame I'm currently "on" or the following one? Say, if RNG Reporter shows my target spread at IV Frame 5, do I have to advance my frame to frame 5 or frame 4?
No, you have to be on the frame before target. That applies to both questions.

Frame before the target for stationaries? Pretty confident answer it is.

In fact, when we caught the stationaries and gifts, it takes the present PID frame into consideration. There had been a few exceptions where we had to be on hte frame before the target: Shiny Haxorus, Shiny Gible/Dratini, Amanita's Eevee.
The first ones are forced shinies, the latter one is a forced male, which seems to advance the PID by 1. Don't ask about Reshiram and Zekrom yet, those had been one of the first of our projects and we don't remember correctly, but stay with us as we are about to check that.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Reshiram and Zekrom are the same as BW1, which means you hit the frame you want, and that's what you'll get.

How exactly would I use EonTimer when trying to find my parameters via IVs on a DSi/3DS? Do I just pick a random value as my target second, input that into both EonTimer's "Target Seconds" field and RNG Reporter's "DS Parameter Finder" feature, then start the game and capture a Pokémon to check the IVs of when the timer expires?

How exactly would I use EonTimer when trying to find my parameters via IVs on a DSi/3DS? Do I just pick a random value as my target second, input that into both EonTimer's "Target Seconds" field and RNG Reporter's "DS Parameter Finder" feature, then start the game and capture a Pokémon to check the IVs of when the timer expires?
We have problems to comprehend the last parts but we can sum everything up step-by-step. Configure the Parameter Searcher first (game, DS type, MAC adress)

1. Pick a random time, like 13:13:30 - 30 is the target second. Use them in the timer and as the calibration parameter.
2. Reset the DS clock and run the timer at the same time. Go to the main menu; when the timer runs out, press A to enter the game.
3. Catch a Pokemon and verify its IVs.
4. Enter the IVs in the Parameter Searcher, then search. When you don't get a result, increase or decrease the second one by one until you find a result (you usually don't need to, really).
5. Look at the result, especially under "Actual Seconds" - that's when the game really starts.

The RNG Reporter gives you the time the game has to start, so you have to match the timer with the booting process. For example, in the case we have 30 on the EonTimer and 32 as the actual second (hypothetically), we obviously have to set the timer two seconds before our desired time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)