Complain about your stupid and probably insignificant problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a boy in a large camping group I'm a part of who seems to have such a massive sense of self-worth and entitlement that really gets on my nerves.

We were at a castle over the weekend and he came out with all manner of insufferable things. We're packing the van and he tries to get in it to help load it (despite there being two people in there already) and when he is told to get out he says 'well I'm better than you anyway' despite the fact that the two people already there are among the most efficient of the group members. Whenever he's challenged on his knowledge his response is 'I don't think you know what you're talking about' and if you don't deal with his (usually ridiculous demands) he completely flips out and starts verbally abusing the people around him. Other people in the group have expressed sentiments similar to mine regarding the boy and a lot of us are quite annoyed. Long story short, his attitude really ruined what would otherwise have been an excellent trip.

If anyone actually reads/cares about this rant, how do you deal with people like this?

There's a boy in a large camping group I'm a part of who seems to have such a massive sense of self-worth and entitlement that really gets on my nerves.

We were at a castle over the weekend and he came out with all manner of insufferable things. We're packing the van and he tries to get in it to help load it (despite there being two people in there already) and when he is told to get out he says 'well I'm better than you anyway' despite the fact that the two people already there are among the most efficient of the group members. Whenever he's challenged on his knowledge his response is 'I don't think you know what you're talking about' and if you don't deal with his (usually ridiculous demands) he completely flips out and starts verbally abusing the people around him. Other people in the group have expressed sentiments similar to mine regarding the boy and a lot of us are quite annoyed. Long story short, his attitude really ruined what would otherwise have been an excellent trip.

If anyone actually reads/cares about this rant, how do you deal with people like this?
Torture and kill him in your mind... You're happy, he doesn't know it and you two can move on with your lives.

People are blaming everything wrong on the internet on teens when some of us really aren't that bad :/
i'm not saying you're wrong but the whole 'my generation sucks' or 'i'm more mature than the others' attitude is insufferable

while we're bitching about stupid stuff, i like to wear white shoes but they get dirty really easily and i keep telling myself i'm going to clean them but i don't

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i'm not saying you're wrong but the whole 'my generation sucks' or 'i'm more mature than the others' attitude is insufferable
True, I'm a bit guilty of that at the moment. In fact, if I looked at myself two-three weeks from now, I'd facepalm and wonder why the heck I acted this way.

But for now, I'm just like WHY

I wake up hella early in the Summer for no reason, but I can never wake myself up on time during the school year. In contrast, I can never stay awake past 1 AM in the summer, but can pull an easy all nighter anny other time.

AccidentalGreed

Damn you, Baton Pass team.

I can never quit you. You're so perfect, and yet so flawed (especially against that bad guy weavile)

I met a "cool" 16yr old boy on the street courts a few weeks ago. He wanted to have my number in case he was shooting hoops and wanted to see if I was game. I thought sure..no harm done. Tight neighborhood and he was a good kid.

Biggest mistake ever. You can tell the kid is a bit lonely and out of sorts with how to handle himself and be a bit more independent and self sustaining.

Texts me all the damn time. Half the time not to even play ball.

He's too nice to tell him to fuck off..but not sure how long I can handle this shit.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
buying a car is such a hassle but i have to do it, i just wish it wasn't such a strenuous and lengthy process. why can't i just FLY

AccidentalGreed

buying a car is such a hassle but i have to do it, i just wish it wasn't such a strenuous and lengthy process. why can't i just FLY
Ughhh tell me about it. Just yesterday my peeps got me a new car (refurbished, used, 2005, and pretty "new") for graduation, and holy mother of god can I just go already (I mean, I already had a car, I didn't really care)? I don't want to have to deal with all this insurance and safety BS another day, since I almost fell asleep on the spot this morning in front of the insurance lady.

Phadunk said:
I met a "cool" 16yr old boy on the street courts a few weeks ago. He wanted to have my number in case he was shooting hoops and wanted to see if I was game. I thought sure..no harm done. Tight neighborhood and he was a good kid.

Biggest mistake ever. You can tell the kid is a bit lonely and out of sorts with how to handle himself and be a bit more independent and self sustaining.

Texts me all the damn time. Half the time not to even play ball.

He's too nice to tell him to fuck off..but not sure how long I can handle this shit.
I can relate to this, except I'm 18 and he's 19 and a little far in terms of distance. He's also been lonely (confessed it himself), can only communicate on the net most of the time, and is a little out of the loop in terms of how friends time and stuff. I got his number, and it was fun at first. I got into the routine of texting him even at midnight, and then one day, I just, well, wanted to stop for some reason. Taking too much time, maybe? Maybe it got a little too bromo sometimes? Text less often and make a few more friends, y'know?

Okay, so, it really depends on the person, but what I would do in this situation is explain that you need a little more "me time." In a nice way, of course. The "me time" explanation works of the time, since you do technically and truthfully need "me time," and he needs to share numbers with maybe some other people. Difference is, maybe this is a whole "looking up to you" thing, since your age difference is larger than mine. Plus, I'm the younger guy here trying to teach a guy how to exercise and get organized for college.

Yes. Weird.

The "damsels in distress" radfeminist posted another video, and it's even worse than the first.
Apparently mythology, fairy tales, and saving your daughter are disgusting misogynistic cultural waste.
If you're like me and don't want do give her views, you can watch a reupload here. Her video blocked both comments and ratings from the second it was uploaded by the way.
Not making a thread about this because that's a completely stupid idea.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Why can't anything resembling DiveCats work right outside of VGC where it's basically advanced timerstalling?

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I hate people who have no idea what the hell they're talking about yet act like they're some kind of expert on the topic. I guess you could say I hate ignorance. Sadly, my country is full of it.

I absolutely hate it when people hate something on the grounds that it's popular. In calculus class the other day I was talking to somebody about music and he said "I used to like this song, but now everybody likes it so now I hate it". Seriously? What a douche. You're not a hipster, man! Get over yourself!

Also, cranky tryhards suck.

the president ain't the richest guy on america, but in afgha, the boss is.
The president ain't the "boss", not even close, look at how little of what Obama wants to do that he can actually get done (your logic is a massive oversimplification anyway).

I haven't slept for the past 48 hours, my ear feels like it's going to explode, I'm feel like I'm going to crash any moment now and I STILL CAN'T SLEEP GODDAMN INSOMNIA

Ughhh tell me about it. Just yesterday my peeps got me a new car (refurbished, used, 2005, and pretty "new") for graduation, and holy mother of god can I just go already (I mean, I already had a car, I didn't really care)? I don't want to have to deal with all this insurance and safety BS another day, since I almost fell asleep on the spot this morning in front of the insurance lady.

I can relate to this, except I'm 18 and he's 19 and a little far in terms of distance. He's also been lonely (confessed it himself), can only communicate on the net most of the time, and is a little out of the loop in terms of how friends time and stuff. I got his number, and it was fun at first. I got into the routine of texting him even at midnight, and then one day, I just, well, wanted to stop for some reason. Taking too much time, maybe? Maybe it got a little too bromo sometimes? Text less often and make a few more friends, y'know?

Okay, so, it really depends on the person, but what I would do in this situation is explain that you need a little more "me time." In a nice way, of course. The "me time" explanation works of the time, since you do technically and truthfully need "me time," and he needs to share numbers with maybe some other people. Difference is, maybe this is a whole "looking up to you" thing, since your age difference is larger than mine. Plus, I'm the younger guy here trying to teach a guy how to exercise and get organized for college.

Yes. Weird.
Good observation. And tbh, I think your situation might be a bit more strange than mine. Good luck to you.

I did take the advice and just calmly let him know that in my life I do have a lot going on and can't just always be there to hangout with him and whatnot. When I say I'm busy or have things to do, I'm not saying it to be a jerk and ignore him, which he actually thinks.

"I feel like I'm annoying you, do you not like me?"
Type of texts from him if I say I'm busy. We'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)