Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
''How Fairy-type Pokémon and moves will fit into the battle landscape has yet to be fully revealed. But it is known that Fairy-type moves are super effective against Dragon-type Pokémon! Until Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, Dragon-type Pokémon had only two weaknesses: Ice-type moves and Dragon-type moves. The new Fairy type changes the balance in a big way!''
Oh gamefreak, you and your random ideas. If fairy has good resistances i can see azumarill and gardevoir moving up tiers. Wigglytuff is still trash unfornately. Since the new attack is called Moonburst i can see moonlight and morning sun and possibly lunar dance getting retyped too. Maybe lunatone and cleFAIRY line as well.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
If Fairy really is immune to Dragon...

GG, no re, Lati@s.

Seriously, Gardevoir NEEDS this. Having a STAB other than Psychic and more resistances on top of the immunities Trace can give it (see: vs Heatran, Thundurus-T, Jolteon, Gastrodon, Jellicent, etc.)
Gardevoir was like one thing (anything, not even type, Quiver Dance even) away from being a pretty good Pokemon. That and Hypnosis + Trace immunities + 5th Gen Sleep = horrifying.

I'm calling Lumineon being our Water/Fairy other than Marril.

So... Fairy type is real. And it's called Fairy.

I might have lost a bet or two. Anybody know any good recipes for hat stew?
Here you go
http://family.go.com/food/recipe-787983-jessie-cowgirl-hat-cookies-t/

And at this point in time I'm just gonna go ahead and say that Fairy is

Pokebeach said:
weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
But Im' gonna go ahead and say that Hirobyte's leeks seems more legit that the one Pokebeach got, so I won't buy the rest of Pokebeach's leaks just yet

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Well, even if Fairy-type end up being only super-effective against very few other types than Dragon, the fact that it is super-effective against Dragon already makes it a great STAB to have (assuming that it is not resisted by too many types like Grass and Bug). I hope that Gardevoir gets that Fairy typing; it will stop being outclassed by other Psychic-types (I would certainly use it).

Azumarill will hopefully now have something better too do against jellicent then a nve ice punch. Really hoping this means game freak is listening to us and trying to balance the game.
And if fairy is weak to steel, watch out for that iron tail salamence

well, at least it's not light type i guess.........

I was expecting the new moth to be fairy, wonder why they didn't do that. Noivern is like seven different kinds of cool, although the fur (on a dragon?) around its neck looks like Yveltal's.

Also, opinions on the cries revealed in the trailer?

e: what became of the roundtable q/a?

I hope that Gardevoir gets that Fairy typing; it will stop being outclassed by other Psychic-types (I would certainly use it).
It's already confirmed on the official site, Gardevoir is Psychic/Fairy.

Also, holy shit, I just realized that now Azumarill can hit dragons super effectively with STAB. If fairy type gets just one good physical move, azumarill is gonna be used a lot more often I imagine.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm really intrigued that Noivern appears to have Flying as its primary type, then Dragon as its second. We've had 84 Flying types before, all but one of them has had Flying as a secondary type.

Also, damn Bulbapedia is quick. Their templates already include the Fairy type. It's been what, one hour?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i can't wait to see the people going into denial like how the xbox flopped omg

that noivern guy looks pretty badass. i thought its ears were its eyes [a la zubat], but now i see that they're behind the v crest on its face. i think i might use it.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They sound kind of boring. Like, Heptiotile (or however it's spelt) sounds like Chingling (maybe?) and Pancham sounds like something I can't quite put my finger on. They just don't really seem that unique, but I guess after over 700 Pokemon it makes sense that there's a point where most new cries sound similar to what we've heard in the past. :(

I honestly like there being a new type.
Definitely using Noivern.
Random Edit: The official site said something about there supposedly being a secret in vivillions patterns on its wings.

well, at least it's not light type i guess.........

I was expecting the new moth to be fairy, wonder why they didn't do that. Noivern is like seven different kinds of cool, although the fur (on a dragon?) around its neck looks like Yveltal's.

e: what became of the roundtable q/a?
Noivern is based on a bat, which explains the fur around its neck. The large ears, the nares, the fingers extending beyond the wing, and the webbing between the fifth finger and torso are all characteristic of bats. The Dragon-typing came out of nowhere for me.

Noivern is based on a bat, which explains the fur around its neck. The large ears, the nares, the fingers extending beyond the wing, and the webbing between the fifth finger and torso are all characteristic of bats. The Dragon-typing came out of nowhere for me.
noivern = noir [black] wyvern [a type of dragon that does not have forelegs - using the 'arms' on its wings as them]

Waiting for gyarados to be announced as water/fairy instead of flying.
Well, Gyarados is based on the myth (or fairy tale) about a carp jumping...
But yeah, that would piss too many people off.
I'm personally quite glad that they didn't choose to localise it as something different that doesn't have the same flavour. I mean, by the next game, after we get some badass Tyranitar-esque Fairy type to use, I imagine people will have accepted it.
Also, is it me does Noivern look like a baby Yveltal with the fluffy neck thing that it has?

willing to bet audino, manaphy and granbull all become fairy type as well possibly togepi as well, though im not sure what that would make togekiss.

They sound kind of boring. Like, Heptiotile (or however it's spelt) sounds like Chingling (maybe?) and Pancham sounds like something I can't quite put my finger on. They just don't really seem that unique, but I guess after over 700 Pokemon it makes sense that there's a point where most new cries sound similar to what we've heard in the past. :(
The cries are soooo adorable <3 (boys, mind that I'm a girl)

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/201...illon-announced-as-pokemon-x-and-y-additions/

I found some more detail one the Pokes!

It's already confirmed on the official site, Gardevoir is Psychic/Fairy.

Also, holy shit, I just realized that now Azumarill can hit dragons super effectively with STAB. If fairy type gets just one good physical move, azumarill is gonna be used a lot more often I imagine.
Ice punch already ohko all dragons. Azumarill problem has always been its mediocre speed and average bulk that forced it to take repeated hits and lack of moves to break through bulky waters. With a fairy type he will have more resistances and possibly neutral (or maybe even super effective) stab to break through said bulky waters. If he gets a 120 base power fairy move and it gets at least neutral coverage on water types he could stuff like his:
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Megahorn vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Jellicent: 222-262 (55.08 - 65.01%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I removed jellicent ghost typing in the calc to make it neutral. This gives us an idea of how helpful a powerful secondary stab would be. Of course if it ends up being resisted by water then its going to be redundant coverage.

Eh I guess Noivern is a special based Haxorus (or even Druddigon) and the butterfly will have BST similar to Leavanny, with QD and hopefully Sleep Powder and a nice ability it might be a tad higher than NU.

noivern = noir [black] wyvern [a type of dragon that does not have forelegs - using the 'arms' on its wings as them]
Naming conventions do not characterize the Pokemon and its origins. That said, I know it has characteristics of a wyvern, but the base design is a bat. Its body plan is too strikingly similar to ignore the characteristics I laid out. At the very least, questioning the presence of fur is ignored by the fact that it has bat-like features.

I honestly like there being a new type.
Definitely using Noivern.
Random Edit: The official site said something about there supposedly being a secret in vivillions patterns on its wings.
Maybe how to evolve Sylveon! Because remember, Sylveon's bio says that evolution is a secret!!!! #sleuth

This was the typing matchup of Fairy according to Pokebeach (Who so far has consistently been proven right)
Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.

Note that it lacks what it resists, but still.

New news! From Serebii:

In addition to this, Vivillon is said to evolve from a Pokémon called Spewpa. No details on this Pokémon have been revealed yet.
So that's cool.

Also, the Pokemon-Amie thing uses the camera AND touch screen? That's cool. Take that, emulator users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)