OUTC Round #9 [ENTRIES OPEN] .post332

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
OU Teambuilding Competition

Hey everyone :) This is a new project I will hopefully be running and updating weekly, barring mod censorship or fatal RL accidents (seems like one of those occurred). Let me explain how it works briefly and then we can get started.

Teambuilding for me is the best part of the game. It rewards creativity and intelligence, unlike actual battling which rewards luck and mindless offense; which is why I felt like the Overused forum could use a new teambuilding game. The CCAT threads are cool but they fall down in trying to get us to cooperate, basically. Therefore, I'm throwing cooperation out the window. Here's how it works.

Every round, I will be picking a core of two Pokémon. You clever teambuilding boffins go away and then come back with a completed team. Once entries are closed, the community will vote on which user's team was the most innovative and well put together, the winner gets the honour of having their name and entry immortalised in this original post, and then we move on to the next round. Hopefully we can also get some good discussion going during the process about the teams submitted and the core itself.

Rules

- Entry Submission: Okay, a team importable in HIDE tags coupled with a description of your teambuilding process is the minimum here. Pictures are really helpful.

- Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same Pokémon and similar movesets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified.

- Discussion and Team Changes: One part of the process is to have discussion about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than moveset changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you won't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you post.

- Fairness: Last rule, user Lavos Spawn is not allowed to win consecutive rounds.

- Unfairness: Users [Dice, PDC, Bad Ass, Hot N Cold] who won a round see their vote's value doubled.

- No Bandwagoning : This is a tacit rule that I add, try to not support someone simply because you recognized his nick or because he has a shiny trophy. Remember, people with trophies suck anyway. I'd be sad to see that again : "I admit I liked the idea at first but I didn't expect to see this many bias people here riding on dicks of people who are 'well-known'", flowery quotation by the late Masterclass.

If you want an example, check the past thread : http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/outc-round-2-entries-open-see-post-94.3484892/

No excuses for badly formatted entries now =P That's just about everything...

Hall of Fame

Dice :

PDC :
Bad Ass :
Hot N Cold :
Remedy :
Halycon :

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so here is the new thread of the OUTC.

I asked to close the last one and the "ongoing" round, it was dead and it would have been way too complicated to take the round halfway (no information on who posted the team, too long to collect this information etc.).
If the past OP get released by the Team Rocket, I'll give him back the control over this cool thread.

But for now, I'm opening this fresh&clean new thead, with a shiny&interesting new core to toy with !

+

Don't flood the thread with Rain teams, I chose two versatile pokemons (doesn't mean you can't post Rain Teams, but they better be good, else I'll slaughter them with my own hands :mad: )... okay, Mamoswine may not be the most versatile pokemon ever, but if someone uses a Physically defensive Mamoswine in a decent team, he'll get my vote ^.^

I added two new rules, make sure you read it. You post directly your teams here, no PM. I count on you all to not bandwagon (or be discreet ;)), and to discuss. The PM thing litterally killed the thread in terms of debate, which is not what I'm looking for.

Entries will close 25th of July.

Have fun !

Suggestion: in the hall of fame, post the imports of the winning teams for reference and in case people want to test the teams.

By the way, interesting core here!

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Just a quick note the hide keys don't work anymore so I just put them into a quote hope you don't mind :]. So the core itself seemed to me to be screaming for a sand balanced team or even a rain team. I chose to go with sand and do a little anti lead countering with a rather unused defensive core of celebi and tentacruel. These two together allow me to manhandle any rain threat not named tornadus and provide ways for me to completely demolish my opponents rain team with spamming psychic or grass attacks and poison around the opponent. Celebi's evs may seem weird however they allow for celebi to outspeed breloom a key speed tier in todays metagame because it allows me to fire off a crucial psychic on the breloom as they expect to outspeed. Tentacruel was chosen for a rapid spinner because I wanted something that could resist fighting and help celebi rape my opponent's rain teams seeing as forretress and donphan can't really do that tentacruel was a nice fit even though it lacks recovery I found a neat little niche to deal with that in the form of healing wish on celebi, this would allow me to heal tentacruel if I needed a crux spin or it was the only thing keeping me from getting swept. Healing wish also acts as a niche heal bell support for either tyranitar or gengar if they have been crippled with either burn or paralysis. Mamoswine was obviously next to join as it needed to be fitted into the team, now mamoswine's set is a little different if you look at it because it has a peculiar item in the choice of lum berry, this allows mamoswine to be an anti lead against sun teams being able to do massive damage to donphan with icicle spear and potentially kill it if it is the offensive spread and ohko ninetales as all good players run enough speed to outrun jolly mamoswine so I may as well run lum berry to procure that if they decide to stay in turn one to attempt to will-o-wisp me so I burn the berry and ohko with earthquake. Now I decided to add stealth rock to mamoswine as I wanted a way to instantly dispatch with latios and latias in the form of choice scarf tyranitar which provided dual stab with crunch and pursuit for mind games with my opponent and stone edge to provide a extremely strong stab for it to rely on if needed. Finally I chose ice beam with enough special attack investment to ohko landorus therian after stealth rock guaranteed. Next off I wanted something to deal with opposing mamoswine and non banded terrakion so I chose standard defensive skarmory as it allows me to have a form of phasing, and access to spikes which is something crux for most teams. Skarmory also provides a beack up way to deal with volcarona if I can keep the stealth rocks off my field with a suicidal brave bird. Finally I chose an offensive spinblocker in subsplit gengar to help destroy my opponent's team with life orb shadow ball and focus blast as well as ware it down with pain split. So there you have it my balanced sand team hope you guys have suggestions and like it and sorry the import frigged up a little bit.
Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Spd / 148 SDef
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Healing Wish / Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Recover
Mamoswine @ Lum Berry
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Stealth Rock
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Spd / 224 Atk / 32 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 240 Def / 248 HP / 20 Spd
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 232 Def / 248 HP / 28 Spd
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
Gengar @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Pain Split
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

I think I have my team, I'm going to do a bit more laddering to find out if I want to replace a member or not, but otherwise this post will be edited later in the day with my team.
Also I hate Mamoswine with a passion

So this is my team!

Mamoswine@Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Superpower

The physical part of the core, Mamoswine is running a standard set capable of demolishing most dragons in the tier with the coverage.
The set is pretty standard and revenge kills dragons like Salamence with Ice Shard as well as having a good Ground-STAB.

Celebi@Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/232 SpD/20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Recover
- U-Turn
- Thunder Wave

The specially defensive member of the team, Celebi runs a specially defensive set designed to be one part of the defensive core of the team. Celebi runs full HP EVs for bulk and 20 Speed EVs to outspeed timid Magnezone. I chose Psychic over Giga Drain seeing as Recover is already reliable for recovery. T-wave is to cripple other mons so that Mamoswine can beat them out.

Forretress@Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Atk
IVs: 0 Spd
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Spikes

The physically defensive member of the team, Forretress provides spinning support for the team, SR as well as Gyro Ball. Not really much to say, although Sturdy lets it live a hit. Spikes and SR both are crucial and Volt Switch ensures it isn't taunt bait.

Gyarados@Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SpD
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Dragon Tail

The defensive pivot of the team, Gyarados helps tackle mons like Volcarona which otherwise cause lots of trouble to the team. Intimidate allows to be a good check to physical fire-types that forretress and mamoswine can't handle like Victini and Dragon Tail helps phaze out set-up sweepers.

Meloetta@Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA/56 Atk/200 Spe
Ability: Serene Grace
Naive Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Thunderbolt
- U-Turn

Meloetta is the mixed sweeper of the team: the offensive pivot. Relic Song makes it a formidable weapon in the hands of a good player, as most switches in to Meloetta such as Celebi are then exposed to the Pirouette forme, where it can U-Turn out with blazing speed. With excellent mixed stats(effectively 128/128) and amazing speed in the P-Forme, Meloetta gives the team another dimension.

Thundurus-T@Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- HP Ice
- Focus Blast

The "scarfer" of the team, Agility Thundurus-T is my mon of choice to beat out rain teams. It can easily revenge Politoed and at the same time set up Agility after scaring threats out. The special attacker of the team, it hits like a truck and can easily decimate teams on it's own. With support from Meloetta and Mamoswine, the offensive core performs quite well.

Team Importable:
Thundurus-T@Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- HP Ice
- Focus Blast

Meloetta@Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA/56 Atk/200 Spe
Ability: Serene Grace
Naive Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Thunderbolt
- U-Turn

Gyarados@Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SpD
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Dragon Tail

Forretress@Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Spikes

Celebi@Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/232 SpD/20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Recover
- U-Turn
- Thunder Wave
Mamoswine@Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Despite some limited play testing, I'm going to post the team. When I saw the core, I originally thought Sash Mamoswine and standard Specially Defensive Celebi to make a Rain or Sand balanced team but I didn't like that the direction of it when I tried building it. After some thinking I chose to go with some sort of Baton Pass Celebi and decided on SDPassing since I had Mamoswine at my disposal. Celebi's move set is, yes odd but having SD on the set with Giga Drain or Psychic felt like a waste. Terrakion was added a secondary receiver to Celebi's Baton Pass and allowed me to scare off Tyranitar, possibly set up a Rock Polish and heavily dent the opposing team for the rest of the team to clean up. I added Latios as a good wall breaker with good speed to add a more present Specially offensive threat. I put Sleep Talk was added to the last move slot because I hate sleep foddering stuff to Breloom and allowing it to SD and start Mach Punching things. Sleep Talk lets me come in take a spore and then sleep talk to hit it with a Draco, Psyshock or Surf until it dies. After adding Scarf Jirachi, I saw a pretty big Sun weakness and to remedy that I went with Heatran.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Calm Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Recover
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Sleep Talk

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Polish

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Toxic
PS: We need hide tags :/

I really like the use of Meloetta in vyomov's team; it's a very underrated threat and is uncounterable when used correctly. I have used Meloetta quite a bit in UU and its good that some people use it in OU. U-turn is also very useful on Meloetta, as it just blows away a lot of the counters to its special sets

Reymedy

ne craint personne
@ Usatoday : I like the team, the only issue for me is Tentacruel. I don't see him working so well. He rarely worth a teamslot out of the Rain teams. On top of that, I don't feel like you need a spinner so much. Maybe this idea came from your lack of options to deal with Stall Teams (your pace isn't that fast, you don't have a set-up sweeper to punish a mistake).
I'd say that a Keldeo Sub/CM would fit just perfectly this team. Or just a Specs. It gives you a Rock resistance that you were lacking to deal with stuff like Scarf Terrak or Ttar. On top of that, it just cleanly sweeps most of the Stall teams.
Out of that, I like how the team's looking, but be careful with Volcarona, Gyarados&cie =)

Thought Process:

So far there are two members with a fire-weakness and two members with an electric-resistance/immunity. Sounds like a perfect opportunity to bring out Gyarados. After adding Gyarados and analyzing what resistances are left, a Steel-type seems to be order. Scizor fits that niche nicely, with a whole slew of resistances to compensate for one devastating weakness to fire. Toss in a dragon like Latios, and the team gets a much needed additional resistance to Fire and Electric. Heatran rounds out the team nicely, adding a fire immunity and a slew of resistances to go along with it.

Code:
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

Celebi @ Life Orb
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 88 HP / 248 Atk / 4 Def / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SDef / 248 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Heatran @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Eruption

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Energy Ball
Basic idea behind the team is to bait out a fire move, switch to Gyarados, set-up, and sweep. Latios and Heatran are there as additional fire spongers (in particular, Heatran with Eruption, Flash Fire, and Choice Specs can tear holes in walls after so much as a will-o-wisp).

@Maestro: I'd suggest you replace Energy Ball on Latios with Surf. Trust me, Surf is much better considering the higher BP and the prevalence of rain.

@Maestro: I'd suggest you replace Energy Ball on Latios with Surf. Trust me, Surf is much better considering the higher BP and the prevalence of rain.
I need to do some calculations to see if its worth it or not, but the reason why I'm using Energy Ball over Surf is for the Terrakion/Keldeo/Tyranitar core, as it hits all three for SEx2 Damage, something that otherwise Latios would get eaten by (heck, it still might get eaten by it: like I said need to crunch some numbers).

You need to be Quiet nature to run Eruption, which is why Eruption is so rarely seen. Just change it to overheat, or make it LO and SR meaning you can run Stone Edge or Superpower on Mamo.

I need to do some calculations to see if its worth it or not, but the reason why I'm using Energy Ball over Surf is for the Terrakion/Keldeo/Tyranitar core, as it hits all three for SEx2 Damage, something that otherwise Latios would get eaten by (heck, it still might get eaten by it: like I said need to crunch some numbers).
The only member of that core which will actually switch into Latios is Ttar which Surf hits harder :)

Reymedy

ne craint personne
Grass Knot deserves maybe some consideration, since it does hit Tyranitar harder than Surf, while conserving the coverage of Energy Ball.

The big thing that I can see about these two is that there's a notable weakness to fire for both of them, which means sun teams would be absolutely devastating. Therefore, I decided to go with a volt-turn sand team to help prevent sun from messing with them too much.

Mamoswine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Going for a more bulky lead set. Set up rocks, tank hits, and pick off weak things later. Works like Landorus-T, except it doesn't U-Turn and it kills dragons harder.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 220 SDef / 252 HP / 36 Spd
Gentle Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Recover
- Perish Song

This is probably my favorite Celebi set. Anything that you can't deal with, you Perish Song. U-turn makes it an excellent defensive pivot, and it does that job exceptionally well. If you catch an unsuspecting Ferrothorn, you then can U-Turn into Magnezone and prevent it from running.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

I wanted a weather setter, and this is what makes Tyranitar so much better than Hippowdon. This set pretty much guarantees KO's on Gengar, Starmie, and the Lati twins, barring lucky crits. All of them are common threats that can walk all over Mamoswine, so I picked this as the best counter.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Gets rid of Ferrothorn, Forteress, Scizor, and Skarmory, as well as some variants of Jirachi; I feel that its pretty self-explanatory.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Trick
- Hydro Pump

Bulky water that can cripple opposing walls or setup sweepers by sticking them with a scarf. Serves as a decent anti-rain Pokemon too.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
This guy right here is one of the best cripplers and momentum stoppers in the game. Most walls get stopped in their tracks, and priority WoW means that physical sweepers can get stifled before they get much momentum. He also serves as a decent spinblocker. Since this team switches a lot, I felt that something that could prevent hazards from going up instead of just spinning them would be better. Taunt -> switch to Magnezone -> kill something.

Alright, so this is my shot at the Celebi-Mamoswine Core. I decided to go an unconventional route and build a sun team around the two. As we all know, Dragons are a huge problem to sun teams so Mamo is amazing against those. I use a Stealth Rock+Icicle Crash variant on this team because I like the immidiate damage as opposed to Icicle Spear where I usually only get 2 hits anyway lol. Celebi is the Nasty Pass variant with enough speed to outrun Jolly Breloom. I opted for this set for the sole reason of powering up Chandelure's moves to unbelievable spheres. Just to show you the power of +2 Chandelure in the sun: 252 +2 SpAtk Chandelure Fire Blast vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Garchomp: 102,24% - 120,17% (Guaranteed OHKO). Now immagine a flash fire boost as well. I really like Chandy in OU, especially the scarf set. It is a bit gimmicky and sometimes outclassed but it certainly has its niche. It also has Memento which brings me to the next member of the team, Lando-T. My Terrakion check and often my win condition. The double dance set is amazing atm and sweeps lots of unprepared teams expecting the defensive variant. Good old reliable Forry is obviously for spin and spikes support and physically defensive Ninetails cause specially defensive is for (BAN ME PLEASE).
It was a fun team to test and play with. Hope you like it, cheers!

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 240 HP / 96 Spd / 172 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sunny Day
Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 Spd / 240 HP / 156 SDef
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 220 Def / 248 HP / 40 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Memento
- Flamethrower
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Okay, laddering didn't seem to help me find any other threats besides Gengar (who I honestly have no way of dealing with without causing bigger holes in my team that I could find) and I feel this team is pretty solid. Weatherless Balanced team, focusing in on a Garchomp sweep.

Thought Process:
So when I saw Mamoswine I was like ew, Mamoswine. All I knew how to do with Mamoswine was slap on Ice Shard and Life Orb and call it a day. So I did, and added some other moves. I figured I might as well use him as the revenge killer (which you normally pick last) so I decided I needed to have this be based around some Pokemon sweeping that struggles with Dragons, but that came later. I figured out Celebi and Mamoswine's weaknesses together, and picked Heatran to cover up some other weaknesses, and finally picked Jellicent to cover up the rest of the weaknesses between the three. At this point, I decided on a Dragon sweeper, and Garchomp made the most sense to me for Mamoswine to help pick off other Dragons for, because he can also pick off Ground/Flyingmons that Garchomp would otherwise struggle with. At this point, I didn't know what else to pick, and I knew Garchomp was bothered by hazards and LO chipping away at him, so I picked Wish Support from Jirachi. He also spreads Paralysis for Garchomp to help him with his awkward speed tier. Celebi, Jellicent, and Heatran all would also run support for Garchomp (and general support for the team).
Import:
Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 24 SAtk / 220 HP / 36 Spd / 228 SDef
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Roar

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
(Idk how to shrink stuff)

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion

Really nothing too creative here, a pretty 5 minute team. I used standard offensive Mamoswine in pair with a Specially Defensive Celebi with Baton Pass to gain momentum. I paired Scarf Tyranitar with it in order to hopefully trap things like Lati@s and ghosts which can switch in on Celebi. Keldeo is there as it can help gain momentum off the Baton Pass, and acts as a pretty good partner who can switch into Heatran and break up teams badly. Pair that with Tyranitar and Baton Pass and you have a pretty cool, but standard combination. Keldeo works very well with Mamoswine considering how they both break down each others counters, and it makes each others job much easier. The Jirachi is a little surprising, and it does a pretty solid job of luring in and damaging Hippowdon and Rotom-W, which give both Keldeo and Mamoswine trouble. It is pretty strong against most non-specially defensive versions, which are dying out a bit now. Energy Ball also does a good amount to Hippowdon and Tyranitar. Hidden Power Fire can lure in and hit Skarmory and Ferrothorn pretty hard, along with other steels. Icy Wind + Shuca Berry handles LeadChomp and other dragons pretty well, you almost are guaranteed a pretty decent hit against them, and I feel that makes the set pretty interesting in its own right. Landorus-T is there as the obligatory Scarfer and overall check to things like Volc, Dragonite, and fighting types. Not amazingly sturdy, but it does a good job. Pretty unexpected, and it is strong. Gains momentum pretty well.

Code:
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Superpower
- Icicle Spear

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 148 SDef / 248 HP / 112 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 48 HP / 208 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Icy Wind
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 224 Spd / 32 HP / 252 Atk
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Lead Mamo + Mag + Sub Cube opens the game up strong, as it forces your opponent to either allowing mamo to severely weaken his/her team or kill Mamo with a bulky water in order to avoid being trapped. Cube can then set-up a sub and go to town on the opposing team. Celebi adds a new twist to Drag-Mag, offering bulk as well as an opportunity to set up and then baton pass a swords dance boost to either Scizor/Chomp on the bulky waters that Cube forced out earlier in the game. Zen Headbutt is chosen over seed bomb in order to beat breloom, and sucker punch allows Celebi to beat the Lati@s switch in which could give the BP recipient trouble. While it can't do anything to Tyranitar, Garchomp is a great switch in on most sets and scizor could be passed to if the opponent is banded. Scizor's odd set allows it to be used as a scout earlier in the game to perhaps force a trap with u-turn, while allowing it to sweep through weaker teams late in the game. Speed is run in order to outspeed bulky toed /jelli so scizor can deal some damage before bringing in celebi. All in all this team creates incredible offensive pressure as any free turn can be GG. The only bad matchup is with sun, but the amount of priority on the team as well as cube's stupid amount of bulk remedy that somewhat.
Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 16 SDef / 24 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Sucker Punch
- Baton Pass

Kyurem (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 52 HP / 212 Atk / 244 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Substitute

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Garchomp (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw

Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
Edit: Holy crap we need hide tags.

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here

Really nothing too creative here, a pretty 5 minute team. I used standard offensive Mamoswine in pair with a Specially Defensive Celebi with Baton Pass to gain momentum. I paired Scarf Tyranitar with it in order to hopefully trap things like Lati@s and ghosts which can switch in on Celebi. Keldeo is there as it can help gain momentum off the Baton Pass, and acts as a pretty good partner who can switch into Heatran and break up teams badly. Pair that with Tyranitar and Baton Pass and you have a pretty cool, but standard combination. Keldeo works very well with Mamoswine considering how they both break down each others counters, and it makes each others job much easier. The Jirachi is a little surprising, and it does a pretty solid job of luring in and damaging Hippowdon and Rotom-W, which give both Keldeo and Mamoswine trouble. It is pretty strong against most non-specially defensive versions, which are dying out a bit now. Energy Ball also does a good amount to Hippowdon and Tyranitar. Hidden Power Fire can lure in and hit Skarmory and Ferrothorn pretty hard, along with other steels. Icy Wind + Shuca Berry handles LeadChomp and other dragons pretty well, you almost are guaranteed a pretty decent hit against them, and I feel that makes the set pretty interesting in its own right. Landorus-T is there as the obligatory Scarfer and overall check to things like Volc, Dragonite, and fighting types. Not amazingly sturdy, but it does a good job. Pretty unexpected, and it is strong. Gains momentum pretty well.

Code:
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Superpower
- Icicle Spear

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 148 SDef / 248 HP / 112 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 48 HP / 208 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Icy Wind
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 224 Spd / 32 HP / 252 Atk
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I would probably out SR on Mamo and have another coverage move on Rachi, Superpower doesnt seem needed b/c u have Celebi for rotom and Ferrothorn doesnt seem like a problem, but that's just me.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
Aight, I wanna thank everyone for the participation, it was really cool to see so much activity. This thread requires a good amount of time since you have to build a whole team !

But now it's time to reward your efforts !
Here are the teams, vote for the one you find the best, the most viable, the most creative, the most ... Whatever suits you !

Votes are closed in 3 days !

Usatoday
Vyomov
Subject18 (4 votes)
Maestro72
Gsumbreon
Drako (4 votes)
Homeslice (2 vote)
PDC (12 votes)
C05ta (11 votes)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)