ne craint personne
OU Teambuilding Competition
Hey everyone :) This is a new project I will hopefully be running and updating weekly, barring mod censorship or fatal RL accidents (seems like one of those occurred). Let me explain how it works briefly and then we can get started.
Teambuilding for me is the best part of the game. It rewards creativity and intelligence, unlike actual battling which rewards luck and mindless offense; which is why I felt like the Overused forum could use a new teambuilding game. The CCAT threads are cool but they fall down in trying to get us to cooperate, basically. Therefore, I'm throwing cooperation out the window. Here's how it works.
Every round, I will be picking a core of two Pokémon. You clever teambuilding boffins go away and then come back with a completed team. Once entries are closed, the community will vote on which user's team was the most innovative and well put together, the winner gets the honour of having their name and entry immortalised in this original post, and then we move on to the next round. Hopefully we can also get some good discussion going during the process about the teams submitted and the core itself.
- Entry Submission: Okay, a team importable in HIDE tags coupled with a description of your teambuilding process is the minimum here. Pictures are really helpful.
- Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same Pokémon and similar movesets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified.
- Discussion and Team Changes: One part of the process is to have discussion about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than moveset changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you won't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you post.
- Fairness: Last rule, user Lavos Spawn is not allowed to win consecutive rounds.
- Unfairness: Users [Dice, PDC, Bad Ass, Hot N Cold] who won a round see their vote's value doubled.
- No Bandwagoning : This is a tacit rule that I add, try to not support someone simply because you recognized his nick or because he has a shiny trophy. Remember, people with trophies suck anyway. I'd be sad to see that again : "I admit I liked the idea at first but I didn't expect to see this many bias people here riding on dicks of people who are 'well-known'", flowery quotation by the late Masterclass.
If you want an example, check the past thread : http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/outc-round-2-entries-open-see-post-94.3484892/
No excuses for badly formatted entries now =P That's just about everything...
Hall of Fame
Hot N Cold :