Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain the mechanics to king's shield for me? Does it work only on physical contact moves, just physical moves, or all moves? Does it block status moves as well?
Kings shield is exactly like protect, but it has the added benefit of lowering the foe's attack by two stages if the move would have made contact. I'm also pretty sure it changes aegilash back to its defense form after using it. However, this is all based off the simulator, not the game itself.

Does anyone else think there is a speed creep so far? It seems like there a lot of blazing fast pokemon this gen. Heliosk has a 120 base speed, greninja has a 120 base speed, noivern has a 117 base speed, delphox 108, talon flame 130, and even hawkucha or whatever you call it has 110 and I've barely even checked most of the new pokemon.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Does catching a Pokémon gives you EVs in this new gen? Serena said something like "Also, when you catch Pokémons, yours get stronger!" when she teaches you how to use Pokéballs.

Is there a research thread for XY (where people discuss the results of experiments about the exact workings of game mechanics, along the lines of "which effect happens first, Leech Seed or poison damage") yet? If so, where is it?

So I got my Torchic, but I'm not sure if it's good or not =P

Nature: Careful
Characteristic: Highly persistent
Male

Should I have reset my game? =(

Does anyone know where to get the stone for mawile?:( i went to that castle that serebii said to go to but cant find it.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Does catching a Pokémon gives you EVs in this new gen? Serena said something like "Also, when you catch Pokémons, yours get stronger!" when she teaches you how to use Pokéballs.
The more Pokemon you catch, the more likely you are to critical capture, or catch something immediately

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong thread to ask this;
- Is there a thread on the forums that we can share FC's at and are able to register each other as friends so we can O-Power and 'Nice!' Each other?

Thanks in advance.

team preview in x y?
Yep, it's still around.

How have the beams and Hurricane/Blizzard/Thunder been nerfed?
Dunno about the beams (I don't think they were nerfed? I could be wrong though), but Hurricane, Blizzard, Thunder, Fire Blast, and Hydro Pump were all dropped to 110 Base Power.

Does anyone else think there is a speed creep so far? It seems like there a lot of blazing fast pokemon this gen. Heliosk has a 120 base speed, greninja has a 120 base speed, noivern has a 117 base speed, delphox 108, talon flame 130, and even hawkucha or whatever you call it has 110 and I've barely even checked most of the new pokemon.
You can check out information about stats here thanks to Toast++. As we get information on the Pokemon, it is put into this database which calculates the odds of each stat being a certain number. For example, at this moment, Pancham's Special Attack looks like this:

45 - 27.78%
46 - 33.33%
47 - 38.89%

This means there is roughly a 27% chance of it being base 45 SpA, a 33% chance of it being 46, and a 38% chance of it being 47. You can use this for Speed as well on all the new Pokemon. You mentioned Heliolisk; I actually put in stats for a Heliolisk earlier today, and it doesn't look like the 120 Speed is accurate. It might be (there could have been an error in the data input), but the odds are very unlikely.

Last edited:
How have the beams and Hurricane/Blizzard/Thunder been nerfed?
The beams (thunderbolt, ice beam, surf, flamethrower, and possibly even a few others) are now 90 base power instead of 95. Thunder, blizzard, hurricane, hydro pump, and fire blast are now 110 base power instead of 120

Also I don't know if this belongs here but water shrunken doesn't have a +1 priority on pokemon showdown

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)