Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody attempted to check if Ability Capsule works with Pokémon that might have two Hidden Abilities, ie. if anybody checked Lampent with Infiltrator becomes Shadow Tag or Scolipede with Quick Feet becomes Speed Boost?

I suppose this will be more tedious than to grind in Friend Safari to check the potential of secondary Hidden Abilities since it is one-time use, but it will probably be something we'll have to check eventually.

Does Nature Power still works as Earthquake in Wi-Fi battles in XY?
It becomes Tri Attack.

Does anybody know how to get Inkay with the Contrary ability? I've gone through dozens of wild Inkay using Swords Dance to test for it but no luck. Is it a hidden ability?

where can I get the good rod?
It can be found in Caulamine City (or something like that) It's the city with the port and the monorail. Talk to a fisherman in the boatyard an hell give it to you.

What is the modifier of Mega Launcher? 1.2, 1.3, 1.5 or maybe even 2.0?
I'm not entirely sure, but base on What I've observed from my Clawitzer, it's either 1.5 or 2.0

Last edited:
When is it a good time to go get synchronisers?

I just beat the 7th gym and I'm not sure when I'll bump into my legendary.

Is Ditto available BEFORE the legendary? That way I can use the Gardevoir I have [with sync] and just breed for more, that should be faster than hunting random Ralts.

-

Also, kinda related, Timid would be what I'm looking for, correct? Based on the info I found, while Xerneas and Yveltal both have a "mixed" stat spread, Xerneas' Geomancy and Moon Blast hints it being a strong special attacker. Yveltal's Oblivion Wing is special, right? Timid is also the way to go with that and Dark Pulse.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
1) I'm looking for various areas where I can find wild, stationary, or gift pokemon with no randomly moving NPCs. I'm only between the 3rd and 4th gyms, but higher level spots are most ideal.

Has anyone seen any? I've only found two in that cave before the 3rd Gym. But they weren't ideally high level.

2) I realize this is premature, but is anyone working on incorporating the new base stats we're finding into existing IV or stat calculators? Veekun or Metalkid or anybody?

Since many Pokemon won't be available in XY until December when Pokemon Box goes live, will these Pokemon be initially banned from OU? I'd imagine they'd have to be at the moment since we don't have a full picture of any possible type/movepool changes they might have, but on the off chance that someone is able to hack the 3DS by then and access the full game files, will these Pokemon still be banned for the sake of consistency with the cartridge?

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Just as quick point of information in regards to the initial ban lists / unobtainable until december pokes issues...

So basically, we'll only be tiering the pokes we know we can obtain and that we have researched a lot.

How are people getting Heart Scales?
Rock Smashing rocks has given me a fair amount of Heart Scales. I also picked one up from a Luvdisc that I captured. Fishing up Luvdisc with Old Rods and then stealing their item might be your best bet.

A question of my own:

Does anyone know what you have to be wearing to get past the punks in the Lost Hotel that accuse you of having no style? Haha.

When is it a good time to go get synchronisers?

I just beat the 7th gym and I'm not sure when I'll bump into my legendary.

Is Ditto available BEFORE the legendary? That way I can use the Gardevoir I have [with sync] and just breed for more, that should be faster than hunting random Ralts.

-

Also, kinda related, Timid would be what I'm looking for, correct? Based on the info I found, while Xerneas and Yveltal both have a "mixed" stat spread, Xerneas' Geomancy and Moon Blast hints it being a strong special attacker. Yveltal's Oblivion Wing is special, right? Timid is also the way to go with that and Dark Pulse.
Timid is what you want.

Thanks ApplepieFTW.

Does anyone know where I can check the Legendaries IVs?
I guess I can check different pokemons' stats on serebii, and for that I would need to know the exact base stats.
Even something as the range of stats would be helpful : /

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks ApplepieFTW.

I guess I can check different pokemons' stats on serebii, and for that I would need to know the exact base stats.
As of now nothing's concrete, but new data is emerging by the hour on pkm sites.

The Smogon research team is working on determining of base stats which will be released as soon as they have determined the theoretical ranges.
Some mons like Sylveon have already had their base stats determined so keep checking the research threads of the pokemon with the [New!] prefix regularly.

how do i get the hidden abilites from the staters? The Capsule didnt work so it must be a different way.
Thanks ApplepieFTW.

Xerneas and Yvetal have had their stats confirmed:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xerneas.3489710/
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/yveltal.3489711/

You are guaranteed at least three perfect IVs for those Pokemon. The Xerneas thread has evidence, and I've found it to be true.

I don't think so... Ditto is found in the Pokémon Village which you reach after the legendary encounter. You could try going there anyway, but you'll probably be blocked off from it until after.

On Showdown, Dazzling Gleam and Moonblast aren't compatible with a lot of fairy-type pokemon.

Is it confirmed at least, that Togekiss and Whimsicott have these moves?

Thanks to all who replied, you were all 100% correct :D

This legendary news is incredible, I hope it works with Mewtwo. Currently hatching Ralts, pray I get a Timid one :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)