Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is the right place for it but: when will we have the tiers set for X/Y gen? I imagine we need to wait a while to see the usage of the new pokemon and the old with new abilities/items, but do we have some estimate?

I don't know if this is the right place for it but: when will we have the tiers set for X/Y gen? I imagine we need to wait a while to see the usage of the new pokemon and the old with new abilities/items, but do we have some estimate?
Well, I'm not exactly someone who speaks for the tiering council, but I'd imagine that once all of the new data has been programmed in to Pokemon Showdown, there'll then be some kind of "starting point," in that all of those that are generally assumed to imbalance the tiers will be put on an early ubers list of some kind, and then there'll be a couple of weeks of them sifting the usage data around and letting enough data be produced so that a fair judgement can be made. Following that, I'd guess we'll start to see some suspect tests, by which point we'll have the beginnings of the early 6th gen meta laid out. That's just how I'm guessing it'll work anyway; bear in mind that all the data was dataminable in previous games, so we're already a couple of weeks behind previous gens in just researching how new (and old) pokemon work and what moves they get, etc.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Earlier in the thread, someone had mentioned Destiny Knot breeding being weird and stats being chosen with replacement instead of without replacement (binomial vs hypergeometric distribution). Has anyone investigated this further? I'd like to do so myself if noone has come up with an answer -- to do so, I'll need two breedable pokemon with five 31's each in exactly the same stats.

edit: if I can get two perfect breedables (all 31s), this would be very easy for me to test.

Last edited:
Can somebody suggest something that can combat Talonflame, and preferably set up a damaging entry hazard? I've been using Rotom-W, but the team wishes it had Spikes/Rocks. :s

If it helps... my team, after being tested (and edited) pretty extensively so far, looks like this: Mega-Mawile / Sylveon / Galvantula / Hydreigon / Crobat / Rotom-W(?)

I just need a few suggestions to test out over Rotom-W, so I'd really appreciate some. :]

I have a quick question that I've received conflicting answers on from my google search.
There is a rumor than gen 6 will now allow males to pass along their hidden abilities. Is this a false rumor?
I've heard a lot of different variations: that it is extremely rare for it to pass it on, but possible; that it won't work with Ditto, etc.
Does anyone know?

I have a quick question that I've received conflicting answers on from my google search.
There is a rumor than gen 6 will now allow males to pass along their hidden abilities. Is this a false rumor?
I've heard a lot of different variations: that it is extremely rare for it to pass it on, but possible; that it won't work with Ditto, etc.
Does anyone know?
Males with the hidden ability have a chance of passing it on when they breed with a Ditto
Males with the hidden ability breeding with a female without the hidden ability will not pass on the hidden ability.
Females with the hidden ability always have a chance of passing it on.

Males with the hidden ability have a chance of passing it on when they breed with a Ditto
Males with the hidden ability breeding with a female without the hidden ability will not pass on the hidden ability.
Females with the hidden ability always have a chance of passing it on.
Ah, I see. I can definitely understand why there is a bit of confusion. Is the male's chance significantly lower?

And thank you for the response.

Ah, I see. I can definitely understand why there is a bit of confusion. Is the male's chance significantly lower?

And thank you for the response.
Possibly. In my experience, I think males have a 50% chance of passing on the ability. Females MAY be higher, but I've got no concrete numbers nor proof.

Well this seems like the right place xD

I am currently building a team that can take a hit but dish it back as well.

Currently have on my team...

Dual Screens Klefki
Infiltrator Crobat (I hate the move substitute)
Assault Vest SpA Goodra
Contrary Malamar (Great Aegislash Counter)
Mega-Kangaskan

Now I was thinking I need a defensive core on here. So either what do you think would be a good addition to this team or what are the best defensive cores now in Gen 6.

Thanks for all the help given.

So I've been hearing on and off that Pixelate increases the moves it converts to Fairy BP by 30%. Can anyone confirm this to be true?
It has been confirmed by the research thread.

Who can get Steath Rock prior to December?
All the Pokemon here. In addition, all the Pokemon that can breed with the Pokemon there and have Stealth Rock as an egg move. For example: Tyranitar and Aggron can get it by breeding with Tyrantrum. Also, Pokemon in the Field egg group like Mamoswine that breed with Smeargle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)