"Worst Kalos Pokemon?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I simply had to find or make a thread based upon the subject of bad Pokemon. I do have to agree with one thing, though: Game Freak did pretty well with the overall quality of the Pokemon this generation. But of course, there are Pokemon that are just so bad, its meme-worthy. This is the thread to allow all of us to discuss, in your own opinions and judgments, what is the worst Kalos Pokemon!

Now, in terms of what you think is worst, please label out what you mean by worst: design-wise, battle-wise, whatever, just make sure that the category is labeled.

For me, Dedenne is the worst, bar none. It isn't bad just by Kalos standards, it is bad by franchise standards. It has absolutely NO offensive, defensive, or supportive options that are otherwise outdone by other Pokemon in this generation; it is garbage in-game, again being outdone by everything else and it is just flat-out gimmicky. I could even go as far as saying it is one of the worst Pokemon ever...but that is just me. I'll let the responses of others be support to go as far as saying the above.

Last edited:
Competitively or Design-wise?
Competitively- I have to agree with Dedenne here. No Offense, defence, or all around use. At All.
Design- Aromatisse-
Good call. I've edited to put more emphasis on by "worst." By any standards that are normally set, competitive, design, or otherwise.

I really dislike Malamar. It is such a neat typing but misused so terribly on a gimmick pokemon with poor stats. Here is hoping 'Z' brings it a Mevo or some improvements. Beyond that I have to agree with you on the likes of Dedenne; Swirlix and Spritzee are pretty annoying too... while Dragalge is also lack luster like Malamar.

As a fan of the new fairy type I'm pretty disappointed with this gen's Fairies. The older retyped ones are better on the whole than these. My favorite fairy from Kalos only has to be Carbink. I though it was a really clever yet simple design... I wish it could have egg moves though!

Last edited:
Screw you guys, Aromatisse and Spritzee are awesome. I love my little powder puff plague doctor <3

Agreed that Dedenne is probably the worst Pokemon this gen. It's like they didn't even try, they just kind of took pikachu, made it look more like a gerbil, and now it's a fairy?

I personally think they missed the boat, design-wise, on Chesnaught. It just seems kind of disproportionate, what with the small head and really long arms compared to its shell. Also Quilladin looks pretty derpy.

Dedenne is absolutely the worst competitively, I agree. It's a shame because every single other Kalos mon has at least ONE use, even if it's not quite enough to guarantee a spot in OU. Really, it looks like they tried their best this gen to make every single Pokemon unique battle-wise... except Dedenne, which is just totally useless. I think it's the cutest Pikaclone yet and I was really excited for the Electric/Fairy typing...

Design-wise, I'm not a fan of Slurpuff or Florges at all. I had high hopes for the fairy-types this gen but I feel like most of them suffer from both poor design AND poor stats. I can't believe they didn't introduce a pseudo-legendary 600 bst fairy line!

I'd have to agree with practically everyone that posted prior to me, and say that Dedenne is a piece of absolute Poké-trash, bar none. It was so promising, with its' unique Electric/Fairy typing and its' unique move in Nuzzle, but let's face it; Dedenne is as strong as a piece of wet toilet paper, and it has the offensive capabilities of a grain of sand. Add the fact that it only learns one Fairy type move, Play Rough, and the fact that said Fairy move doesn't even siphon its' power from Dedenne's just-barely usable Sp. Attack stat, and you've got a completely worthless Pikaclone that even makes Plusle and Minun look good. Sorry, you adorable little gerbil, but you are my pick. :( Dedenne is so bad, that it might just be able to qualify for the worst Pokémon ever, besides Unown. I still hate those stupid psychotic hieroglyphics.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Agreeing with all the people who say Dedenne isn't that good competitively. It doesn't have that great of offenses or defenses, only decent speed for OU, and no abilities that really stand out. Plus, its only fairy stab is physical (which sucks for it). The only reason you'd ever use it as a thing on your team because it's either cute or you really want a dragon immunity. Then again, it's outclassed by every other fairy. Sorry Dedenne :C

I'll also co with Dedenne. Another disappointment is Flabebe/Florges. I don't like Flabebe, but I think Floette is pretty cool (the King of Kalos used one- how cool is that!?). However, I think Florges is just ugly- it has very little tying it to the rest of the evolutionary line and it is just plain ugly. Honestly, I wish they'd just given Floette better stats and made her the final evo.

Dedenne is cutesy, but it doesn't even get Fairy Wind...
Quite possibly the worst competitive mon ever.

I didn't initially like Aromatisse's design, but I have it on my VGC Trick room team, it's amazing due to taunt immunity, So I think I might've warmed up to it a bit.

Screw you guys, Aromatisse and Spritzee are awesome. I love my little powder puff plague doctor <3

Agreed that Dedenne is probably the worst Pokemon this gen. It's like they didn't even try, they just kind of took pikachu, made it look more like a gerbil, and now it's a fairy?

I personally think they missed the boat, design-wise, on Chesnaught. It just seems kind of disproportionate, what with the small head and really long arms compared to its shell. Also Quilladin looks pretty derpy.
u talkin shit m8

Also, my opinions:
Competitive: Aurorous.
Design-Wise: The whole Fennekin Line.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Dedenne doesn't even get Super Fang. Pachirisu and Emolga at least have niches and Plusle+Minun far outclass them. When you are vastly outclassed by Plusle and Minun, you really must have done something to anger Arceus.

Design-wise, the ugliest Pokemon imo was Hippowdon. Now it's Barbaracle. I can't stand to look at it, it's so hideous. Diggersby is a runner-up.

Since everyone and their mother has mention Dendenne already...

I actually like all the Kalos mons in some way or another. But if I had to choose one that bothered me...

Chestnaught. I like the idea of its design. A grass chestnut Knight! Cool. But the in-game model... bleh. It looks so weirdly proportioned.

Since everyone and their mother has mention Dendenne already...

I actually like all the Kalos mons in some way or another. But if I had to choose one that bothered me...

Chestnaught. I like the idea of its design. A grass chestnut Knight! Cool. But the in-game model... bleh. It looks so weirdly proportioned.
More shit talkin, huh?

Also, what is so horrible about Dedenne? It's like you guys have never heard of Choice Band Dedenne!
Dedenne @ Choice Band
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Nuzzle
- U-turn
- Play Rough
- Return
Some people.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Might seem like i'm bandwagoning but when it comes to competitive viability Dedenne doesn't have much competition as the worst kalos mon imo. Even most of the other competitively mediocre Kalos mons at least have some niche use or a cool gimmick, Dedenne really doesn't have much of anything to make it stand out :x. Its stats are pretty mediocre overall, and it ends up outclassed by the majority of other Electric-type Pokemon in the game. It doesn't have much special coverage outside of its Electric-type moves and Grass Knot to work with as far as i know, which hampers it offensively quite a bit. Fairy typing is cool and all, but it doesn't even get a decent Special Fairy-type move to utilize (it gets Play Rough but its Attack stat is terrible), and its way too frail to use those resistances defensively, at least imo :x.

As for design, i still strongly dislike Dedenne, mainly because i'm starting to get tired of pikaclones every gen >_> (i just really hate that thing).

Outside of Dedenne, i also happen to dislike the designs of Flabebe and Florges, mainly because i'm really disappointed none of the line is fairy/grass despite it making perfect flavor sense, outside of the typing deal, i simply find Florges a bit ugly lol.

Last edited:
Dedenne is cutesy, but it doesn't even get Fairy Wind...
Quite possibly the worst competitive mon ever.

I didn't initially like Aromatisse's design, but I have it on my VGC Trick room team, it's amazing due to taunt immunity, So I think I might've warmed up to it a bit.
i dont know man, beedrill's pretty bad

Floette is SO FREAKING CUTE!

So what does she evolve into? A really ugly flower.... Screw you Florgess, I'll use evilolite and stick with Floette!

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Yeah, I think Chespin was adorable, but Quilladin and Chesnaught were just unbearably ugly. Aesthetically, the same goes with Diggersby, Binacle, Barbaracle, and Avalugg. From a competitive standpoint, the majority of the Fairy-types were disappointments (Xerneas is obviously fine though). I don't particularly like Mega Mewtwo X, but Mega Mewtwo Y I find pretty adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)