Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Hclegend's advice to all maison teams; add WP dragonite and greninja
Haha funniest post on this thread. :)

My team was bad at:
-Had two dragon-types, so I lose to fairies, ice-type Pokemon, and other dragon-type Pokemon that are faster.
-Hard to beat multiple Will-O-Wisps.
-Substitute was a grind because it gave my opponent a free turn. If the AI theoretically used Kyurem Black with Substitute, Earth Power, and Ice Beam then my sweep would end right there.
-Draco Meteor. Learn from this idiot and don't use it. At least I didn't use Outrage.
Luckily for you, Kyurem (whatever forme) is banned in Maison. :p Outrage would've been better than Draco Meteor in Rotations, you know. With a Lum Berry, you won't kill yourself that fast spamming Outrage on a Dragon Dance Dragonite. If you really want Hyper Voice Sylveon, why not try asking on the WiFi thread? There should be people who can help you with it.

So I've been gradually working my way along through super doubles with Greninja / Aron / Mega Kanga / Aegislash, and just finished battle 131, which I should've lost if the universe was fair at all.

6Z3G-WWWW-WWW5-SX9J

I was more than aware the Explosion was coming, but I didn't think to switch Greninja out, despite having the presence of mind to use Protect on Aron... Then I'm pretty sure I made at least one other blatant misplay which I regretted right after doing it. But in a great cosmic joke, the AI got itself hax'd to death with multiple Hydro Pump misses, and even a Focus Blast miss at the end.

I don't even know what game I'm playing anymore. o_O

thanks Hclegend, but honestly I'm not 100% sure. WP dragonite work great, but if I have to swith this pokemon don't work great twice. Greninja is fast and powerfull, but I think is also frail. I'm not sure also that evuolite chansey work great with those two pokemon. and finally I don't know how work aeigislash king's sheld

thanks Hclegend, but honestly I'm not 100% sure. WP dragonite work great, but if I have to swith this pokemon don't work great twice. Greninja is fast and powerfull, but I think is also frail. I'm not sure also that evuolite chansey work great with those two pokemon. and finally I don't know how work aeigislash king's sheld
My singles team used a Lum Berry Dragonite to get to 50 pretty easily (then I switched to doubles) and I'd personally be nervous about going to WP, just because of the sheer number of things that seemed to throw status moves around on turn 1. Don't get me wrong, I know WP Dragonite is really good, but looking through all of the top singles teams with Dragonite, all of the ones that have their sets listed use Lum Berry. Once you're set up, it's pretty much the same amount of power, but with more speed and the option to switch moves. And between Multiscale and Lum Berry, you can ALWAYS set up. You just have to watch out for those Ice/Rock moves, especially Ice Shard, which the Maison loves to throw at lead Dragonites.

As for Greninja's frailty, that's definitely a valid concern. If you want to alleviate the worries somewhat, you can throw U-Turn on him in order to try and switch out to something if you won't be able to take it out, but when Greninja has 4 LO-boosted STAB moves, you can take out a surprising amount of stuff before it hits you.

On a side note, just hit 150 in doubles. So I've broken into the top 10 (for now) whenever I lose. But that's hopefully not going to be for another 51 battles or so...

It's been awhile since I've posted in this thread, but I thought I'd give an update. I finally got around to fixing MKanga's EVs (The spread is now 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP), and I thought I had gotten a good team with Band Talonflame, MKangaskhan, and LO Greninja... until I died around round 25 to an opposing Kangaskhan who spammed Double-Edge and got crits against BOTH my Kangaskhan and my Greninja.

sigh...

If you're looking for a move you can just spam and watch things die, I'd suggest Scarf Adamant Darmanitan. It outspeeds the entire unboosted Maison, OHKO's 90% of the neutral hits, and is generally just great at wrecking stuff with STAB Sheer Force Flare Blitz. I'm still working on a respectable streak after some bad luck with Max HP/Def Fissure Lando (still almost OHKO'd), but Darm is just as good in Maison as it was in the Subway.

A little confused here. If you're running Mega-Tyranitar, I don't think there's much need to run Sassy + HP + SpD investments? That spread is more ideal for a Support Tyranitar set I feel. Mega-Tyranitar is bulky enough, so you could swap to a different nature and invest in Attack or Special Attack and Speed. For reference, the WIP Tyranitar thread suggests this spread for Mega-Tyranitar:

move 1: Dragon Dance (Protect is good here if you don't want to breed Dragon Dance)
move 2: Ice Punch / Crunch
move 3: Stone Edge (can change to Rock Slide since this is Doubles)
move 4: Earthquake
ability: Sand Stream
item: Tyranitarite
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

For Garchomp, Yache Berry is good if you want to survive non-STAB Ice Beam. Alternatively, Assault Vest to survive all sorts of other non-Ice special attacks (although you can't run Protect then). Don't use Leftovers as Doubles is very fast-paced, i.e. you don't benefit that much from Leftovers.

Without knowing what other pokes you have, it is kinda hard to make any further suggestions on how to improve your Super Doubles team. At least give us an idea what you run as backup currently? :)
I am a novice Tyranitar user and sand storm team user. I started breeding a bulky Sassy starter with access to Stealth Rock before I realized a more offensive/speedy nature and DD would be better suited for the Maison, or even a Hippowdon instead. I do have a Jolly Landorus that could be a third team member but not sure where he fits. With him I am low a Special Attacker though. I have a Bold Togekiss that doesn't quite fit a sand storm team but fills some coverage gaps. I tend to impulse breed single pokemon with little to no consideration where they would fit on a team. I think it would be wise to hit the damage calc hard and actually plan a team out first right. Hah.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
602.jpg

Ok I lost to something more avoidable at 502 than at 602! I was facing Punk Guy Deimos, set 4 fire dark and poison types, and DDed against a non-intim Arcanine or something that took me to 89HP and I killed with EQ. Out came Infernape (sash) and rather than sacrifice Haxorus to Fake Out + CC, I did what I normally do which is bounce Scizor off of FO then take a sash-breaking Flare Blitz with Suicune, then kill the -1 SpD Ape with Scald after it uses CC. Out comes Delphox and I can't use Icy Wind because of White Herb so I Scald for like 70% while it 2HKOes Suicune, then it finishes Haxorus off with a CH Psychic it didnt need and Scizor only did like 28% with mega bullet punch.

I lost this battle when I switched out Haxorus—I did that because of "Magnezone", or my one-word answer to why not to sacrifice pokemon without a really good reason. Deimos obviously can't use Magnezone and if I super cared I would have realized that and just taken Ape to 1HP, knowing that even if a fire-type is last after I kill Ape with Scizor's BP that Suicune will beat it "every time". Scizor doesn't like "mystery pokemon" without setup, and I basically always lose to last poke Magnezone (it happened like six weeks ago or something) if neither Suicune nor Scizor are boosted at all and it's 2-1. I may have lost this battle anyway if Volcarona had decided to show up, or even Typhlosion lol, I may have posted the battle where it beat 100% HP Suicune 1-on-1 with CH Power Herb Solarbeam, that was fun. In actuality, if I had given a shit (read: been chasing something) I probably would have just EQed and sacrificed Haxorus and taken my chances against mystery third poke with full HP Scizor and Suicune, but oh well. At least I get my name up there now!

I am a novice Tyranitar user and sand storm team user. I started breeding a bulky Sassy starter with access to Stealth Rock before I realized a more offensive/speedy nature and DD would be better suited for the Maison, or even a Hippowdon instead. I do have a Jolly Landorus that could be a third team member but not sure where he fits. With him I am low a Special Attacker though. I have a Bold Togekiss that doesn't quite fit a sand storm team but fills some coverage gaps. I tend to impulse breed single pokemon with little to no consideration where they would fit on a team. I think it would be wise to hit the damage calc hard and actually plan a team out first right. Hah.
Don't worry, I bred my whole team without caring that much whether they're better suited for Singles/Doubles/Triples and I still somehow managed to beat Maison. :) Garchomp + Togekiss leads could work by spamming Rock Slide + Paraflinching. Basically, my Doubles team for Maison was like this (quoting from my much earlier post):

Jolly Garchomp (Yache Berry) - Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Iron Head, Rock Slide
Bold Togekiss (Sitrus Berry) - Air Slash, Thunder Wave, Dazzling Gleam, Follow Me (the ONLY special attacker I had for the run, other than Gengar which came in for Battle 50 :p)
Jolly M-Kanga - Power-Up Punch, Return, Crunch, Sucker Punch
Adamant Azumarill (Lum Berry) - Play Rough, Aqua Jet, Belly Drum, Superpower
For the 50th battle, I swapped out Togekiss for Focus Sash Timid Gengar (Sludge Bomb, Destiny Bond, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball) and gave Azumarill Sitrus Berry instead. Also swapped my leads to M-Kanga and Gengar.

You don't really need to worry too much about damage calc. Basically to win in singles you just need one sweeper or setup sweeper (usually a mega) and the things you can switch into in case of a bad matchup.

Triples you can usually get away with whatever... though Mat Block is helpful.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so I was able to finally beat the multi chatelaines thanks to Haunter lending me his AI team. I also used AV Chomp and M-Aero except my Chomp had Iron Head over Fire Fang and my Aero is adamant instead of jolly. Just like any AI team this one made funny decisions, most notably (like Haunter already mentioned) was the use of Protect when attacking would win the fight. I had one very scary battle where it was down to just my AI's Raikou against a Quagsire (set 2). Raikou decided to alternate between protect and shadow ball while Quagsire couldn't decide between stockpile and swallow. What made it worse was that Raikou would always protect the turn after Quagsire had just swallowed (and thus let it's defences drop to normal) so it would always hit for pitiful damage. This lasted so long I was worried Raikou would run out of shadow ball PP and then have no damaging moves left, it wasn't until Raikou got a crit to put Quagsire around ~20% that it started going for the kill (or maybe it ran out of protect PP).

Then in the Chatelaine match, after Charizard got destroyed by Thundurus, Raikou comes in to help Chomp against a heavily damaged Latias and a weakened Thundurus, and instead of killing Thundy off before it could do anymore damage, he decides to steal Chomp's kill and KO Latias with shadow ball, leaving Thundurus to pop it's balloon before Chomp was able to kill it, which meant that scarf Lando was able to come in and decimate him with earth power. Now, it was 4am and I was stressing out, I make a massive missplay and figure that Lando is a bigger threat than Virizion (as Aero can OHKO it with aerial ace), so when Chomp goes down and Aero comes in to fight 2-on-1, I finish off Lando with Ice Fang, only to realise he was locked into earth power so it was effectively a 1-on-1 game. Virizion uses stone edge and I have a minor heart attack as my HP starts disappearing. Luckily it doesn't crit and Aero is left with many HPs left and even Virizion's coba berry doesn't save it from the onslaught that is adamant Mega-Aerodactyl's Tough Claws boosted Aerial Ace (seriously watch that HP bar vanish). So yeah, I actually really enjoy multi battles even though this was particularly tricky to get 50 wins in...

tl;dr LGJW-WWWW-WWW5-SYWZ

I just beat her. Used Dragonite, Cofagrigus and Mega Kangaskhan.

What do you get when you win? The lady said there was a statue of some sort. I cant see it anywhere :S

I just got all five trophies plus the Starf Berry, relying heavily on ideas posted in the thread. I owe several of you a debt of gratitude for developing and sharing such great teams.

• Singles: Originally I used my own Specs Hydreigon / Bulky DD Gyarados / Mega Scizor team to get the 50 streak. That was pretty easy, but I couldn't get past the 80 win mark in my hunt for the Lansat and Starf berries. To do that, I used Cardio's Dragonite, Mega Kangakshan, & Azumarill team verbatim. There are very few things that force out Lum Dragon Dance Dragonite; mostly Ice types who can take a hit and OHKO through Multi-Scale.
  • Doubles: Modified version of MechaGodzilla's team: Garchomp, Gengar, Gyarados, & Mega Scizor. My Gyarados was Jolly and had Protect over Dragon Dance.
  • Multi: Used my Doubles team with a friend. I had Garchomp and Mega Scizor, he had Gengar and Gyarados.
  • Triples: I stole Eppie's team: Talonflame, Mega Blastoise, & Greninja, backed up by Rotom-W, Togekiss, & Garchomp. This is a great team that trivializes most battles, but Triple Battles are annoyingly slow.
  • Rotation: Took Aussieman00's team: Gyarados, Ferrothorn, & Volcarona, backed up by Gliscor. The FWG core is pretty solid, but I think Rotation might be the hardest game mode other than Multi with an AI partner. A lot of things can go wrong in rotation battles.

Last edited:
FFS, streaks in the 100s? I'm seriously gonna have to bite off some of your teams to get those BP! XD I'm still happy with my measly personal record of ~44 or so in super doubles as it's the first time I've felt I've had true synergy in the maison. Definitely was not expecting the sudden legendaries though, and even then, it was a long and drawn out battle. I'll post my team and stories anyway just to get general feedback and such cause I feel they can at least get to beating the chatelaine, and from there I'll probably start looking at some of the popular suggestions here. Take no stock in the move order though. I tend to organize my moves in the fashion of Setup/Status, Status/Coverage, Type 1 Stab, Type 2 Stab, give and take a variation here and there.

Moxxi
Mawile @ Mawilite
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate/Huge Power
IVs: 31/31/31/27/31/31
EVs: 252 HP 252 Atk 4 Spe
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Brick Break
Play Rough

Maya
Milotic @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Marvel Scale
IVs: 31/7/31/31/31/31
EVs: 248 HP 252 Def 8 Spe
Recover
Haze
Ice Beam
Scald

Tony
Landorus-T @ Lum Berry
Nature: Naive
Ability: Intimidate
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/30
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Hidden Power Ice

Razor Wing
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sturdy
IVs: 31/31/31/23/31/31
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Defog
Whirlwind
Roost
Brave Bird

It's actually 4/6 of my singles team, but since I tend to do more multi battles than singles, they're built to handle a bit of both. Based on past experiences, one thing I definitely wanted to do was avoid pairings that would lead to one attack doing double damage on both mons. The lead pair is Mawile and Milotic and the 2nd string is Lando and Skarm.

The synergy that Mawile and Milotic have has been nothing short of amazing. They're both respectably bulky and compliment each others' strengths very well. Mawile's intimidate really helps soften up all the countless Earthquakes that get thrown at her from which Milotic takes a pittance from. Meanwhile, very few of the things that can beat Milotic like taking any of Mawile's attacks, especially on the rare instance that I get a swords dance off. Speaking of Swords Dance, I've found that I rarely if ever need it, at least against a lot of the things that had been thrown at them so far. Generally, only the really bulky normal types are what I'll need it for, but it works out that I don't use it much. A lot of defiant users get thrown at them, so Milotic's haze has been a potent tool to keep stat boosts from getting out of hand. Haze has actually been a new thing I've tried out this gen, since the fairies ruined dragon tail. It's been pretty much a vast improvement. Setup sweepers and defense boosters get completely shut down and tend to end up dead at Mawile's hand without really going anything.

I don't know what it is with my particular Milotic, but she's amazing with inflicting status. It feels that 8 times out of 10 scald WILL burn the opposing attacker, which as been a god send for further shutting down physical attackers. She also seems to have a high chance of getting freeze hax from her ice beams as well. She once got three consecutive freezes in a doubles once, which definitely went into the archives. Additionally, replacing Iron Head with Brick Break has been one of the best decisions I've made, just because a LOT of things are weak to fighting, and destroying enemy screens is a huge plus. They can't handle everything though, and that's where the 2nd string comes in.

Lando and Skarm each have 2 immunities, and they just happen to be types that get thrown at the first string a whole lot. Mawile in particular seems to be extreme earthquake bait, so a lot of times, I've been able to no sell them by switching Skarm or Lando in. Lando gives the added bonus of dropping their attack further so Milotic's taking even less. Skarm also likes to absord all the poision attacks that get thrown at Milotic and Lando eats all the electric and ground attacks that get throw at the first string. Lando in general has been a great thing to send in after Mawile as he destroys most of the things that she attracts. He also works well with Skarmory because Skarm's ground immunity lets him fire off earthquakes with impunity. Skarm himself doesn't have much attack power, but he's a mighty fine wall, as that monster defense, plus the rocky helmet and recovery make him really hard to break. The brave bird comes in handy for picking off the grass types that Milotic attracts that she can't handle herself (which is generally when there's two of them)

Speaking of items, Lum Berry has got to be THE best item for Lando. Par the course for the Maison, hax get thrown around all day, and the ability to absord one gives him something of a free reign when attacking as well as absorbing things for the others. Swagger hacks turn into sweeps and all the status that gets thrown around is a sign to stop sucker punching and start brick breaking.

There's so much to say about how well things worked out in my small in comparison run, but I think it'd been tl;dr already. I'm still very satisfied with how it turned out, even after seeing the stuff in this thread and again feel that they can at least get to the chatelaine. What ended my streak was really the sheer surprise factor of suddenly facing a Zapdos/Heatran/Cobalion/Entei team. I beat the two fire guys, but Zapdos, in addition to being too bulky for Milotic and Skarm to break through, was carrying a bright powder and double teaming all over the place. Cobalion was slowly killing himself by punching Skarmory, but they managed to slowly whittle Milotic down to charge beam, after which Zapdos Heat Wave'd skarm to death.

Skarm himself doesn't have much attack power, but he's a mighty fine wall, as that monster defense, plus the rocky helmet and recovery make him really hard to break. The brave bird comes in handy for picking off the grass types that Milotic attracts that she can't handle herself (which is generally when there's two of them)
I think you pretty much said it yourself here. While Skarm is useful, its main purpose is to wall stuff, and 9 times out of 10 you're better off just going for all out destruction in the Maison. You can pretty much replace him with any reasonably fast and powerful attacker. If you're partial to Brave Bird, you can bring in Talonflame, especially since priority is always a plus when the Scarfers show up, though Talonflame doesn't want anything to do with Scarf Aerodactyl.

Otherwise, if you're liking how the team works, then go with it until you find something that really messes you up. I'm not sure how you'll fair against TR teams, since you don't really have a way to take out any of the TR setters turn one, but your team is more bulky than mine, so it balances out somewhat. I'd say overall you're more vulnerable to assorted status and annoying setup mons (Cresselia and Dusknoir come to mind), but maybe less vulnerable to Fake Out leads, which ruin a lot of days.

I think you pretty much said it yourself here. While Skarm is useful, its main purpose is to wall stuff, and 9 times out of 10 you're better off just going for all out destruction in the Maison. You can pretty much replace him with any reasonably fast and powerful attacker. If you're partial to Brave Bird, you can bring in Talonflame, especially since priority is always a plus when the Scarfers show up, though Talonflame doesn't want anything to do with Scarf Aerodactyl.

Otherwise, if you're liking how the team works, then go with it until you find something that really messes you up. I'm not sure how you'll fair against TR teams, since you don't really have a way to take out any of the TR setters turn one, but your team is more bulky than mine, so it balances out somewhat. I'd say overall you're more vulnerable to assorted status and annoying setup mons (Cresselia and Dusknoir come to mind), but maybe less vulnerable to Fake Out leads, which ruin a lot of days.
all out attacking isn't the only way to win, use jumpluff and you'll know what i mean, the only time ive lost with deathpluff is sleep powder miss + crit

I'm not sure how you'll fair against TR teams, since you don't really have a way to take out any of the TR setters turn one, but your team is more bulky than mine, so it balances out somewhat. I'd say overall you're more vulnerable to assorted status and annoying setup mons (Cresselia and Dusknoir come to mind), but maybe less vulnerable to Fake Out leads, which ruin a lot of days.
Trick Room hasn't been too horrible. Mawile actually does fairly well with those since she's at something of an akward speed tier where only the REALLY slow things will beat her. Mostly it's Cofagrigus who becomes dead set on getting the burn with his WoW, which lets him get whittled down by Milotic. Dusknoir gets to a point where he starts Destiny Bonding, but Milotic's already burned him by then so he's just left to die. What really helps is that a lot of the trick room setters and users are weak to Sucker Punch, so after they get the room up, Mawile still destroys them and is poised to fire Play Roughs and Brick Breaks at the remaining foes.

I've just about identified all the fake out leads too. It's just figuring out who they're going to fake out, so I tend to double up on those when I can.

So apparently if the AI partner is using LO Infernape, and the opponent sends in Tyranitar, the AI partner will SWITCH INFERNAPE to keep him from dying to LO+Sandstorm. Instead of easily destroying Ttar in one shot.

This is going to be a long 50 battles.

At this point I'm torn between 3 partners:

Aerodactyl + Gengar - Both have 4 attacking moves, Aerodactyl has 2 spread moves and Gengar has 1. The only major downside is Aerodactyl's tendency to use EQ and kill my Pokemon. While a Balloon would mediate that somewhat, I don't think I could part with LO Greninja as a lead.

Entei + Samurott - Scarf Entei's Eruption is reasonably good, but Samurott feels like he's going to be a huge letdown whenever Entei eats a Stone Edge.

Infernape + Raikou - LO Infernape with Fake Out, dual STAB, and Stone Edge for coverage makes him not only really strong, but decent offensive synergy with LO Greninja. However having both leads be relatively frail and suicidal isn't my favorite thing. Raikou also seems likely to be dead weight, though somewhat durable.

idk, any thoughts from those who have managed to get at least 50 with the AI partner? Specs Latios seemed so promising initially, but I couldn't take the disappointment every time it didn't use Draco Meteor to wipe out something turn 1.

Agreed. The more you stall, the dangerous the opponent gets. I was able to break through the majority of mons with an AV multi-scale dragonite, wall with Cofagrigus, and pick up any leftovers with Mega - Kangaskhan.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So apparently if the AI partner is using LO Infernape, and the opponent sends in Tyranitar, the AI partner will SWITCH INFERNAPE to keep him from dying to LO+Sandstorm. Instead of easily destroying Ttar in one shot.

This is going to be a long 50 battles.

At this point I'm torn between 3 partners:

Aerodactyl + Gengar - Both have 4 attacking moves, Aerodactyl has 2 spread moves and Gengar has 1. The only major downside is Aerodactyl's tendency to use EQ and kill my Pokemon. While a Balloon would mediate that somewhat, I don't think I could part with LO Greninja as a lead.

Entei + Samurott - Scarf Entei's Eruption is reasonably good, but Samurott feels like he's going to be a huge letdown whenever Entei eats a Stone Edge.

Infernape + Raikou - LO Infernape with Fake Out, dual STAB, and Stone Edge for coverage makes him not only really strong, but decent offensive synergy with LO Greninja. However having both leads be relatively frail and suicidal isn't my favorite thing. Raikou also seems likely to be dead weight, though somewhat durable.

idk, any thoughts from those who have managed to get at least 50 with the AI partner? Specs Latios seemed so promising initially, but I couldn't take the disappointment every time it didn't use Draco Meteor to wipe out something turn 1.
well I haven't been lucky enough to use scarf Entei but I would be going with that and just trying to build a team that facilitates his success in sweeping. Sounds like you want to keep Greninja, why not use Mat Block to give Entei an extra turn of full power Eruption? Greninja can also take out the rock, ground, dragon and (flash) fire types that threaten Entei. Water types will give you trouble though as Grass Knot will be your best move against them, so that's where your back up comes in I guess. But theoretically, just spamming turn 1 Mat Block + Eruption, followed by another full power Eruption on turn 2, surely most things are being 2HKO'd, and what isn't can be picked off by Greninja...

just watch out for Aerodactyl, that thing is so OP in doubles, he outspeeds your Mat Block and has Rock Slide which kills/flinches everything

Just a heads up about the Battle Maison Movesets Google doc...since useful additions have slowed down quite a lot, I've made it no longer editable by the public. This is just so I don't have to keep checking it every day for maintenance from any mistaken edits like sorting the whole doc by Nature or randomly blanked out cells. If you'd like to become an editor on the doc, just send me a PM with your gmail, or if you just have a snippet of info you want to add to it, feel free to message me with it and I'll throw it in there.

Damn :/

Just lost my Doubles streak, which I managed to get to 177. So close to that magical 200 mark, and the worst part is that I didn't even lose to a haxy Aerodactyl or something like I thought I would. Instead, too much enemy priority did me in.

The proof/178: WJ7W-WWWW-WWW5-VN38

The double priority on turn one along with a flinch completely nuked Aron, so obviously the way to salvage the whole fight would be to just switch to Aegislash turn 1, absorb those, and then it would've been easymode. I switched Aegislash in hoping to eat a Quick Attack, but to no avail (stupid in hindsight, since Greninja was Ice, but I was fairly panicked by that point). Finally the two of them completely screwed me by BOTH attacking Kangaskhan instead of Aegislash (despite both having SE moves, which King's Shield would've loved). After that, it was really just too late to salvage anything.

So my team isn't anything groundbreaking, but it does a pretty nice job.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid, 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 4 idr
31/x/31/31/31/31
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Dark Pulse
Mat Block

Greninja almost always leads with Mat Block, but if it's something that I know will outspeed Greninja (Aerodactyl, Jolteon) or something I know he can OHKO (some Eeveelutions, Slowbro, Gourgeist, etc), then he just takes those out instead. After that it's sometimes just going all out with the attack most likely to do a good chunk of damage, or more likely just cleaning up the dregs that Aron leaves behind.

Greninja's moveset is always making me wonder. Originally he had Scald over Grass Knot, but most of the time I think I prefer Grass Knot. Fast KOs on Swampert, Quagsire, and Lapras are all really nice. Occasionally I miss the Water coverage, but Ice is too generally useful, and Dark is a necessity for the Ghost types that completely shut down Aron's Endeavor.

Aron @ Berry Juice
Adamant, no EVs
Level 1, IVs don't matter
Endeavor
Toxic
Protect
Swagger

Aron just spams Endeavor, obviously. A "perfect" fight (nothing outspeed Greninja, no Mold Breaker, no priority, no Ghosts, all single-target damaging attacks aimed at Aron) involves Aron weakening something turn 1 while Greninja uses Mat Block. Turn 2 Greninja takes out the weakened one while Aron tanks a hit with Sturdy and weakens the next. Turn 3 Greninja claims victim #2, Aron goes to 1 HP and brings #3 with him. Turn 4 Greninja takes out #3 while Aron uses Protect. Turn 5 Greninja either KOs #4 or does significant damage, and Aron maybe dies, in which case Kangaskhan comes in and finishes things off with Fake Out. Sadly, the number of "perfect" fights is pretty limited.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Jolly, 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
31/31/31/x/31/31
Return
Power-up Punch
Crunch
Fake Out

Kanga, like Greninja, is dying for more moveslots. Originally I had Sucker Punch over Crunch, which was great, but I found that bulky Ghost types were able to play games when I lacked Crunch. Losing the semi-reliable priority hurt, but Crunch also had the advantage of giving him reasonably good coverage, since PuP wasn't the only option against Steels. Whenever Kanga sets up, he's pretty much unstoppable, as we all know, but even without setting up he's more than capable of doing his fair share. In the event Greninja goes down before Aron, and Aron still had full HP, Fake Out also would allow Aron a free Endeavor, which was always a plus, and the main reason I felt like I couldn't let go of it to make room for Sucker Punch.

Aegislash @ Sitrus Berry
Brave, 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 idk
31/31/31/31/31/31 (I have some with more practical IVs, but this was my first ever 6IV Pokemon, so I fell in love)
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword
King's Shield
Swords Dance

Continuing the theme of things designed to KO Ghost types is one of the kings of Ghost priority. Generally Shadow Sneak was there to clean up, but Sacred Sword was used if I needed a bit more power. King's Shield was rarely used, so I could maybe consider dropping it for Flash Cannon/Iron Head. Swords Dance I felt was a really good option when faced with infuriating things like Double Team Cresselia/Dusknoir, who were just too bulky to risk hitting with anything less than a +4/+6

On the bright side, I did manage to finish my 50 streak in Multi, where Scarf Eruption Entei was a pretty good partner (minus the two times he decided Solar Beam was anything but a bad idea). And that net me my last 50-streak trophy~

I'll probably take this opportunity to start playing around with some of my other Pokemon to see if I can come up with something a bit more original. CB Azumarill as a lead would be useful since Aqua Jet can OHKO Aerodactyl and Charizard nearly all the time, those two Scarfers always gave me trouble. We'll see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)