Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Also, I still need 5 mons for my X Scramble.

As fun as the Ruby Scramble is, I would like to also have a Scramble I can play when I'm not near the Gamecube. After all, Pokemon is meant to be portable!

Thus, I'd like to start an X Scramble. Legendaries are fair game for Scramblemons, and I can trade from any of my Gen 3+ games (with the exceptions of Ruby and White, which are running challenge files):
  • Sapphire
  • FireRed
  • Diamond
  • HeartGold
  • Black 2
  • Y
  • Alpha Sapphire
I'm not going to be recording this Scramble; I'll probably be doing updates similar to my Yellow Scramble.

WE ARE LEGION

PSDuckie, take Legion the Exeggcute.
Legion is an Exeggcute that only operates when its five heads work in unison and as a legion. As such, if you ever use a move, you must use that same move four more times before switching. You are allowed to trade over a Choice item or a Metronome to capitalize on this restriction if you like.

In addition, the Legion must learn how to Barrage targets with arrows and javelins. Learn Barrage ASAP and never forget it. Barrage is not affected by the repeat clause, since that is a poor tactic strategically.

The Legion is inspired by Rome, and must defeat other empires to prove their strength, and what better target than Team Flare, of which there are a ton? Solo ten Team Flare Grunts to prove your worth in battle. Solo three Team Flare Scientist battles as well to defeat their leaders. You may evolve into Exeggcutor at this point.

As an Exeggcutor, Legion feels that he needs some new troops for battle. Catch a maniple of Exeggcute (a maniple was historically 120 men, and one Exeggcute consists of 5 heads, so catch 24 Exeggcute) and use only them and Legion to solo the final Lysandre battle and finish the Flare empire once and for all (five Exeggcute at a time, obviously). If you lose the battle, release all five Exeggcute you used and take 5 more of them to use when you retry. If you have used up all of your maniple, you must catch another maniple.

Too hard? Too easy? Feel free to change around some restrictions.

PSDuckie, you get Hannibal the Vulpix.

• This Hannibal isn't the cannibal, he's the Carthragan general. He hates Rome, and plots to destroy it and prove himself better than Legion, the roman.
  • He must never have any moves of the same type as Legion or his moves. Thus, he can show them his moves. That they are better moves, that is.
  • Also, in order to prove that he can fight just as good as Legion, after every battle Legion is in, Hannibal must solo the next one. No exceptions, unless the trainer next is a solo. To evolve, Hannibal must solo Ramos with non SE moves.
  • To prove that he can do anything Legion can't, whenever Legion is KOed, Hannible must solo that trainer. If Legion fails to beat Lysander with his first maniple, then Hannibal must create a fire-only team to beat Lysander instead. If he fails, bring on the second maniple, etc.
  • Finally, to prove that he is not, in fact, a cannibal, He cannot learn any physical moves. Ever.
Good Luck!

PSDuckie, you get Hannibal the Vulpix.

• This Hannibal isn't the cannibal, he's the Carthragan general. He hates Rome, and plots to destroy it and prove himself better than Legion, the roman.
  • He must never have any moves of the same type as Legion or his moves. Thus, he can show them his moves. That they are better moves, that is.
  • Also, in order to prove that he can fight just as good as Legion, after every battle Legion is in, Hannibal must solo the next one. No exceptions, unless the trainer next is a solo. To evolve, Hannibal must solo Ramos with non SE moves.
  • To prove that he can do anything Legion can't, whenever Legion is KOed, Hannible must solo that trainer. If Legion fails to beat Lysander with his first maniple, then Hannibal must create a fire-only team to beat Lysander instead. If he fails, bring on the second maniple, etc.
  • Finally, to prove that he is not, in fact, a cannibal, He cannot learn any physical moves. Ever.
Good Luck!
Accepted.

PSDuckie, take Ali the Ledyba.

Ali always thought he was a team player, but much more of a tough guy. He loves taking on the biggest fighters in the Pokemon world, then pass the benefits on to his team mates. Ali must solo one of Korrina's Lucario, then pass at least one buff to a team mate using baton pass to solo the other Lucario. Following the later gym fight with her, he must learn Power Up Punch and keep both it and Baton Pass.

In order to evolve, it must pass on a +1 to all stats buff from Silver Wind to a team mate which then solo's an entire gym leader. It must then keep Silver Wind.

In summary:

• Solo one of Korrina's Lucario
  • Baton pass at least one buff to a team mate and have it solo the other Lucario.
  • Learn Power Up Punch and keep baton pass.
  • Evolve after baton passing at least a +1 all stats buff from Silver Wind to a team mate who solo's an entire gym leader.
  • Keep Silver Wind.
  • One move of your choosing.

I also need one more for my Heart Gold challenge. Preferably someone who can Surf.
Current Party:

Take Gentleman the Totodile.
Gentleman is of the highest echelon of scociety, and that comes with certain requirements. Gentleman must only have status and special moves ASAP. He must always be of a higher level then the rest of your team. He must also never faint. Finally, he must never use the same move twice in a battle.
If you ever fail to keep up any of these rules, you must immediately change its name to Thug. He can now only know physical moves. Also, your party now hates him and thus, he can now never battle unless he is the last remaining pokemon on the team.

Either way, he must solo Bruno.

Have fun!

StompIt must know Stomp at all times

· Whenever StompIt leads a battle or switches in, it must use Stomp

· StompIt hates the ice, despite his heritage. Whenever you battle an ice-type Pokemon, StompIt must switch in and land a Stomp on it.

· Whenever StompIt becomes confused or HP dips under 25%, it becomes panicked and can only use Stomp. You may not switch out or use items.

· StompIt must solo Pryce

Kid Flash must have the ability Speed Boost.

Kid Flash must have the moves Agility(if possible) and Double Team.

Solo Calire's Dragonair without Double Team or Agility to evolve.

Kid Flash must solo 2 E4 Pokemon.

Wisest thinks he is wiser than all other Flying types. He must solo all Flying-types. This includes soloing the entire Violet City Gym. After soloing Falkner, Wisest can evolve.

Once a Noctowl, Wisest can only use Flying-type or Psychic-type moves.
Oh, and Lance gives Flying-types a bad name. Solo him too.

Hey Dexington! Catch a Venonat and name it "Arctia", it must know Poison Powder until Arctia has made 49 Pokemon faint due to poison damage. If male, it must learn Gust and keep it. If female, it must learn Leech Life and keep it. When Arctia's HP gets to critical, it must use whatever move is on the top right moveslot (you're allowed to edit the moveslots).

PSDuckie, take Ali the Ledyba.

Ali always thought he was a team player, but much more of a tough guy. He loves taking on the biggest fighters in the Pokemon world, then pass the benefits on to his team mates. Ali must solo one of Korrina's Lucario, then pass at least one buff to a team mate using baton pass to solo the other Lucario. Following the later gym fight with her, he must learn Power Up Punch and keep both it and Baton Pass.

In order to evolve, it must pass on a +1 to all stats buff from Silver Wind to a team mate which then solo's an entire gym leader. It must then keep Silver Wind.

In summary:

• Solo one of Korrina's Lucario
  • Baton pass at least one buff to a team mate and have it solo the other Lucario.
  • Learn Power Up Punch and keep baton pass.
  • Evolve after baton passing at least a +1 all stats buff from Silver Wind to a team mate who solo's an entire gym leader.
  • Keep Silver Wind.
  • One move of your choosing.
Accepted.

Dexington take RYNO the Rhyhorn.

For all you non-RaC fans out there, this Rhyhorn's name stands for Rip Ya a New One, and he does indeed love to rip you new ones. Plenty of them. He doesn't like getting all hands-on though, and prefers to send a bunch of projectiles at his enemies. Thus, he must learn and keep Rock Blast, and may not use any contact moves. To evolve, revenge kill 5 Pokemon, as it truly gets fired up at the thought of revenge.

Once you evolve into Rhydon, learn and keep Surf and Whirlpool in addition to Rock Blast. Rhydon's new pastime is ripping through waves on its surfboard, and even though it's 4x weak to water and would probably break any real-life surfboard it tries to stand on, it can still learn Surf. Go figure. Oh, and you also have to use Surf or Whirlpool first every time you hit the battlefield because it just loves catching waves (that don't do any damage).

Love it, thanks. I'll be updating on this post.

Party Rules:
Take Gentleman the Totodile.
Gentleman is of the highest echelon of scociety, and that comes with certain requirements. Gentleman must only have status and special moves ASAP. He must always be of a higher level then the rest of your team. He must also never faint. Finally, he must never use the same move twice in a battle.
If you ever fail to keep up any of these rules, you must immediately change its name to Thug. He can now only know physical moves. Also, your party now hates him and thus, he can now never battle unless he is the last remaining pokemon on the team.

Either way, he must solo Bruno.

Have fun!

StompIt must know Stomp at all times

· Whenever StompIt leads a battle or switches in, it must use Stomp

· StompIt hates the ice, despite his heritage. Whenever you battle an ice-type Pokemon, StompIt must switch in and land a Stomp on it.

· Whenever StompIt becomes confused or HP dips under 25%, it becomes panicked and can only use Stomp. You may not switch out or use items.

· StompIt must solo Pryce

Kid Flash must have the ability Speed Boost.

Kid Flash must have the moves Agility(if possible) and Double Team.

Solo Calire's Dragonair without Double Team or Agility to evolve.

Kid Flash must solo 2 E4 Pokemon.

Wisest thinks he is wiser than all other Flying types. He must solo all Flying-types. This includes soloing the entire Violet City Gym. After soloing Falkner, Wisest can evolve.

Once a Noctowl, Wisest can only use Flying-type or Psychic-type moves.
Oh, and Lance gives Flying-types a bad name. Solo him too.

Hey Dexington! Catch a Venonat and name it "Arctia", it must know Poison Powder until Arctia has made 49 Pokemon faint due to poison damage. If male, it must learn Gust and keep it. If female, it must learn Leech Life and keep it. When Arctia's HP gets to critical, it must use whatever move is on the top right moveslot (you're allowed to edit the moveslots).

RYNO the Rhyhorn.
For all you non-RaC fans out there, this Rhyhorn's name stands for Rip Ya a New One, and he does indeed love to rip you new ones. Plenty of them. He doesn't like getting all hands-on though, and prefers to send a bunch of projectiles at his enemies. Thus, he must learn and keep Rock Blast, and may not use any contact moves. To evolve, revenge kill 5 Pokemon, as it truly gets fired up at the thought of revenge.

Once you evolve into Rhydon, learn and keep Surf and Whirlpool in addition to Rock Blast. Rhydon's new pastime is ripping through waves on its surfboard, and even though it's 4x weak to water and would probably break any real-life surfboard it tries to stand on, it can still learn Surf. Go figure. Oh, and you also have to use Surf or Whirlpool first every time you hit the battlefield because it just loves catching waves (that don't do any damage).

Current Progress

Just started the game. Picked Gentleman, the Totodile, who is ironically a female. I do plan on going the only status moves, since having a Pokemon who can only be used when everyone else is fainted is surprisingly more useless. After the opening stuff, beat the rival and caught my Hoothoot, also female. Both are Bold natured. Lots of other Hoothoot to beat with Wisest at night on my way to Violet City.

Holy shit I just realized that said status and special moves. Instantly not hating that challenge anymore lol. Just went through Sprout Tower with Gentleman and Wisest. Used Gentleman to beat the Elder's first Bellsprout so Wisest wouldn't pass him on levels. I'll need to grind a bit before having Wisest solo the gym.

Soloing Falkner's gym was fairly simple. Just grinded them both up to 16 (just to satisfy Gentleman's rules) and after a lot of pecking and growling and... hypnosizing?, Falkner's Pidgeotto went down. Now I will continue on to Bugsy. Won't be catching another Pokemon until Whitney though, where I will get both Yanma and Venonat. Wade will love my bugs.

Getting through the cave was really simple with Gentleman and Wisest, only have to swap in Wisest on the random Zubats and killing everything else with watergun. The same applied with beating Team Rocket in the well. Gentleman evolved somewhere in there against the Rockets. Solo'd the whole gym with Wisest, using peck. The only big issue was Scyther, who's attack would cut through Hoothoot's poor defenses. With a combination of Hypnosis, Reflect and Peck, she was able to take down Bugsy.

The rival fight was a bit more difficult. I used Wisest to beat the opening Gastly, knowing he can't hit normal types. He then sent out Zubat, who went down to Uproar in two hits. Knowing that Bayleef has reflect, I had to switch in Gentleman, who survived through 3 razor leafs (and a synthesis and reflect on the first turn) to get off 5 leers before switching in Wisest again, who got a critical hit OHKO peck. Shortly after this fight I evolved Wisest in the forest.

My first stop after passing Azalea was the bug catching contest to catch a Venonat. I found one after 9 minutes, 3 Pinsirs, 2 Beedrills and a Butterfree. Would've been a good Nuzlocke run cause a Pinsir showed up first. Oh well. Got third place even though I didn't hit the damn thing. Of course the winner caught a Paras. Arctia the Venonat is caught! Male (meaning gust) and Rash nature, which is pretty okay.

Now I'll be soft resetting with time changes after work to get a Yanma swarm before I face Whitney. Took two hours but I finally found a Yanma. Over that time I caught a Ditto, knowing the one I caught likely won't have Speed Boost. Behold, it did not. So I bred the Yanma, who turned out to be female anyway, with Arctia. So now we have some father/daughter interactions. Off to grind Kid Flash up to an acceptable level.

I bought Blizzard for Gentleman, so that I can use more than water gun once per fight. I grinded Kid Flash up high enough to give him Sonic Boom. In the battle against Whitney, I used the time against Clefairy to max out double team, then swept both it and Miltank with Sonic Boom. Luckily Miltank only hit one move, stomp, and Clefairy hit none.

After beating the Sudowoodo with Gentleman (water gun and blizzard), I caught a Stantler. Got an adamant nature. I used Stomp It and Kid Flash to beat the two double battles, healed, beat the Rocket member in the theatre to get surf for Gentleman, then went to fight the rival.

I opened with Stomp It against Gastly, sadly had to use stomp first, then killed it when it cursed and I astonished. He sends out Bayleef and I send out Kid Flash. I use double team a few times and still get hit by poison powder. Luckily, I finish him off with 3 sonic booms before his stupid critical hit magical leafs can finish me off. Since I don't have a Magnemite counter, I sent out Gentleman to muscle him out. Surf is a OHKO. Finally, Wisest has to kill the Zubat, which is a OHKO with Confusion.

Morty's gym has always been the easiest gym in the game. No Pokemon in the gym can hit normal types outside of sucker punch, and if you really need to you can just stall those out. So, I solo'd the whole thing with Stomp It, only switching him out for Wisest when Morty's first Haunter got Stomp It down to 1 HP with curse.

Not much to report after beating Morty. Just leveling Stomp It and Kid Flash mostly. Going over that lake route was pretty bad since I don't really have moves to beat water types. I mostly just used Stomp and Sonic Boom, healed and kept doing that. I beat the whole gym with Kid Flash Supersonic and Sonic Boom. Chuck was a bit crazy. Kid Flash and Primeape both double teamed to max, then just spent the whole time not hitting each other. After ten minutes of crap, he hit himself and I hit a Sonic Boom. I also poisoned the Poliwrath and switched to Wisest who confused the Poliwrath. The poison killed him which is another notch on the belt. Now off to fight whats his name.

I see why sleep clause is a thing, cause Eusine is annoying as fuck. Kid Flash took out Drowzee after some hypnosis crap. Arctia took out Electrode with poison powder but died in the process. No XP :(. Gentleman took out Haunter with Surf then Blizzard after some more hypnosis crap. Now I'm off to beat Jasmine to open the safari zone.

I forgot that delivering the potion opened the safari zone. Luckily, I need Rhyhorn to beat Jasmine cause all of my Pokemon are weak to electric or can't hit steel. I did the first challenge, but Baoba won't call me back for the second challenge so I can move the zones around to get Rhyhorn. Might just need to wait I guess?

In the mean time, knowing I can't beat jasmine yet, I decided to go to take out the rockets. Just beat the Red Gyarados with poison powder. Lance dragged me down to the hidden rocket base which I had no difficulty with. Really nothing worth mentioning there. I mostly powered through the gym using Stomp It, to get him some levels so as to solo Pryce with ease. Stomp 2HKO's Seel to start off. A combination of confuse ray/hypnosis and lots of stomps take down the other two after a long fight. Hail was pretty annoying, but luckily Piloswine has no special attack to abuse blizzard with. Dewgong was much easier, though took a bit to kill because of rest.

Still no word from Baoba. Guess I'm not getting my Rhyhorn until Victory Road. Off to battle those Rockets in Goldenrod then since I still can't kill those damn Magnemites of Janine.

Current Party
Wisest the Noctowl
Level 30
Bold
Keen Eye
-Confusion
-Reflect
-Fly
-Hypnosis

Gentleman the Croconaw
Level 33
Bold
Torrent
-Blizzard
-Surf
-Agility
-Hail

Arctia the Venonat
Level 29
Rash
Compoundeyes
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Life
-Confusion
-Poison Powder

Pokemon killed with poison Powder:
Camper Elliot's Sandshrew
Camper Elliot's Marill
Juggler Irwin's Voltorb
Juggler Irwin's Voltorb
Pokefan Beverly's Snubull
Pokefan's Raichu
Super Nerd's Lickitung
Super Nerd Teru's Voltorb
Lass Dana's Psyduck
Psychic Nelson's Slowpoke
Leader Chuck's Poliwrath
Eusine's Electrode
Red Gyarados

Kid Flash the Yanma
Level 29
Docile
Speed Boost
-Sonic Boom
-Supersonic
-Uproar
-Double Team

Stomp It the Stantler
Level 32
Adamant
Intimidate
-Stomp
-Astonish
-Confuse Ray
-Hypnosis

Last edited:
a setback has occurred. What happens when I am forced to use Zekrom? I will switch out first turn (obv) but which scramblemon do i get rid of?

-My name is CHLANGE. Horray for abbreviations!

-Time to choose Surfer the Oshawott!

-Jeez, I've never seen a room this messy. Mom will take care of it though!

-Training……

-Ghetsis' weird speech…

-Hey, N, I just one-shot you. Leave.

-More training…

-Challenge the Gym leader! Pansage narrowly defeats me.

-Angry at his loss, Oshawott crits two times in a row to snag a victory on the second try from Cilan! Yay, Badge!

Surfer(Oshawott)
Lv. 15
Careful Nature
-Tackle
-Leer
-Water Gun
-Focus Energy

Aw, man, I need another pokemon to continue and do the double battle? Well, free Pansear then.

Filler (Pansear)
Lv 10
Hasty Nature
-Scratch
-Leer
-Lick
-Incinerate

Now that the double battle is done, off to the box you go! Bye!

PS: was out of internet for a while, and trying to remember lots o' stuff, so detailed team descriptions will not be common.

I've always had trouble with the 2nd gym. I really don't know what it is. Yes, I didn't understand the game and died to Misty by trying to catch her Starmie, and Bugsy was easy, but Brawly was pretty difficult. And LENORA! GOD DAMN LENORA! I swear to god she is a hacker. I usually lose to her even with level AND TYPE ADVANTAGE! I really don't get why she's so difficult for me. I just don't.

TL; DR: I hate Lenora.

LIFESAVER used Work Up!
LIFESAVER's Attack rose!
LIFESAVER's Special Attack rose!

Watchog used Crunch!
LIFESAVER's Defense fell!

CHLANGE used Super Potion!
LIFESAVER's HP was restored!

Watchog used Crunch!
LIFESAVER's Defense fell!

Watchog used Crunch!
A critical hit!
LIFESAVER's DEFENSE FELL!!!!!

Watchog used Crunch!
A CRITICAL HIT!
LIFESAVER FAINTED!!!!

so… yeah… Lenora was a struggle. But I eventually made it (with secret power parahaxing)

Jesus, Team Plasma has a lot of representatives. And none of them have the skull! But, in Pinwheel forest, we do find LAURA and THREADSHOT. Yay!

Finally reach Castelia city. Bianca, go find your own Munna. Jeez.

Off to the gym! But first, let's grind the three dancers and raise THREADSHOT's friendliness.

Gym was pathetically easy. Laura soloing Burgh's Dwebble was probably the hardest thing, but leech seed shenanigans come through yet again. Yay we beat Burgh! Let's teach struggle bug to THREADSHOT even though she will probably never even use it.

Route 4. Lets hit all of these trainers before fighting Cheren. On the way, Laura gets her Basculin and Timburr solos in. Nice.
Cheren goes down fast, servine doesn't stand a chance against THREADSHOT. Oh wait, gotta go back to Castelia to get the XP share.

I am a ninja. I sucsessfully evaded every single trainer on Route 4 like a boss.

Let's beat that Team Plasma dude. I'm not doing it to be nice, I'm doing it for the bike.
Time to completely ignore Bianca's life story.

Ooh look! N's a baddie! Why can't I toss him out of the Ferris wheel RIGHT NOW?

N gets swamped. Sorry dude, but levels are sort of important.

Onto Elesa! She would be a cake walk, if not for…

FUCKING DOUBLE TEAM!

that took much longer than it should have, but we got it done. And THREADSHOT evolved.

Battle Cheren! Easy. Alder comes over, and Cheren goes all stubborn mode on him. Time to beat up these kids. Sorry, kids.

Ooh, new route=new pokes! Introducing EXPIRED and OlRELIABLE to the team! Oh and I have a stone, so OlReliable is evolved. With Cute Charm. Might come in handy.
Ooh yay EXPIRED has Toxic Spikes. Brycen shenanigans inbound.

Ok, I don't like the cold storage. I'm a tropical person. Lemme just kill these guys, then I'm out.

Off to challenge Clay! On the way, LAURA smacks a few Drilbur, so that solo's out of the way.

lmao. Laura wrecked everything up until Excadrill, which went down to SURFER and LIFESAVER's RNjesus abilities. That Secret Power Paralyze chance tho.

Oh and THREADSHOT likes me enough now, so I have a Leavanny.

Ooh, Bulldoze! I am so not using you, sorry.

Off to challenge Skyl… wait a second…
THREADSHOT: 4X weak to flying
LAURA: 2X weak to flying
EXPIRED: Underleveled
OlRELIABLE: Underleveled
SURFER: No flying coverage
LIFESAVER: No flying coverage

oh boy… guess we have to rely on LIFESAVER's being over leveled and parahaxing. Anyways, back to ChargeStone cave. Good thing repels exist, but Team Plasma tis be a nuisance.

N is a dick to professors.

Enter the city!

Skyla is a dick to gym challengers.

Well, at least I can solo a Litwick at the Tower of Whatchamacallit.

1 HOUR LATER…

dammit I have to go BACK DOWN THE TOWER? ugh…

Finally we are at the gym! Let the slugfest begin.

LIFESAVER used Secret Power!

Gym trainers with attract are dicks to the one pokemon that can do anything against Skyla.

Unfezant fainted.

You defeated Skyla!

FINALLY!!

UGH… noone likes Twist Mountain… But I have surf now, so SURFER HAS EVOLVED!

ooh look, winter causes a snow drift that LITERALLY LETS YOU SKIP THE WHOLE MOUNTAIN!!!!

ok, Iccirus city…

ooh look, winter only rare candy and was it a max revive? I forget.

Oh my, EXPIRED has to solo Brycen. Well, lets try this.
Toxic spikes up, and acid spray shenanigans take out Pokemon 1
Toxic shenanagins take out Beartic.
Ooh look, Cryognal has levitate!
Acid spray+Regenerating heal-em-up tank in LIFESAVER+just having bought 50 Hyper Potions and Revives=Cryognal (finally) down.

Lol EXPIRED can't even evolve if i wanted him to! Eh...
Ooh, look, Team Plasma again! yay…

Ooh, N has a new friend. Care to introduce us? I guess not.

So… I have to get back to Castelia? This looks like a job for…

FLY SLAVE (Ducklett)
Lv *noone cares*
*noone cares* nature
-Fly
-*noone cares*
-*noone cares*
-*noone cares*

Thank god I picked him up when I did. Pansear needed some company in the Filler Box.

Relic Castle is a dick to explorers.

Ok, got that over with, lets move on! Ooh look, Shelmet appear in the puddles on the next route!

Puddles are frozen in winter. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

After many hours of Interneting, there is literally one trainer in the entire region with a Shelmet. I find him, I crush his hopes and dreams, and evolve Laura!

Ooh another good part of winter: Sliding physics let me evade every trainer on the route until Bianca.

Hey… Bianca… Your Emboar was good in the anime. But not here. Just go be Juniper's bodyguard again. I'm sure she appreciates that.

Enter into Opelucid! Or whatever it's called. Gym Leader Iris inbound!

TO BE CONTUNIED………

Expired the Trubbish. (Lv 33)

* Expired may only ever use Poison-type moves. (Y)
* Solo all Grass types. (Y)
* Solo Brycen to evolve. (Y)

Lifesaver the Audino. (Lv 45)

* Must always be within 10 levels of the highest leveled pokemon.(lol its the highest leveled)
* After 3rd gym, may remove a move restriction at the cost of deleting one of its moves. (not used yet)

Surfer the Oshawott. (Now dewott, lv 43)

*Must lead while on sand or water. (Y)
*evolve into Dewott while learning Surf. (Y)
*Do not evolve into Samurott. (Y)

Threadshot the Sewaddle. (Now leavanny, lv 37)

*May only use Bug type moves. (Y)
*Immune to Lifesaver's benefits. (Y)
*Cannot be the lowest leveled pokemon. (Y)

OlReliable the Mincinno (Now cincinno, Lv 32)

*Can only replace each moveslot once (none replaced yet so Y)
*Exception is if there are no attacking moves or the last attacking move would be deleted.

Petilil (gonna be named Laura cuz idk). (Now lilligant, lv 33)

*Has to switch out every other turn against trainer owned Pokemon (removed)
*Must solo one Pokemon from each of these lines: Basculin, Dwebble, Shelmet, Litwick, Timburr, and Drilbur (Y)
*Must solo one gym Pokemon to remove restriction or evolve (Y)
*Whichever one she didn't pick will be removed after the solos. (Y)
*Solo grimsley's bishop (N)

Last edited:
Doesn't it force you to put Zekrom in your party, like it does with Rayquaza in ORAS?
Umm, I'm kinda sure that it doesn't? He could just have no pokeballs when he reaches the Zekrom battle, in which case you don't have to catch it, it just goes to dragonspiral tower instead.

Long time no see, fellow Scramblers... been a while since I last visited Smogon, but I'm back :)

Unfortunately I can't finish my old White scramble due to losing the cart... but I've since bought a 3DS and copies of Pokemon Y and Omega Ruby. You can probably see where this is going.

Game: Omega Ruby
Difficulty: Very Hard
Trading: No (unless it's possible to transfer Pokemon from Y to Omega Ruby with only one console, in which case I'm happy to breed something - let me know)

Extra Rules:
  • All Pokemon must be able to reach their final evolution before the E4 (single-stage Pokemon are fine too).
  • I plan to catch all legendaries, so I won't accept a challange that requires defeating them.
  • Elaborate challanges and/or backstories are encouraged.

I can't promise the prose-style updates I used to do, but I'll be hanging around :)

Edit:
Omega Ruby Team
- Cannot use man-made items
- After using a Pokemon Centre, cannot fight in the next three battles (at least one battle must be against a Trainer)
- Can only switch in after a Pokemon faints
- Cannot fight while a Repel is active
- Cannot participate in any May/Brendan fight (other than the first).
- Must solo all Poochyena, Mightyena and Mega Evolved Pokemon
- Cannot Mega Evolve
- Solo Wattson to evolve into Marshtomp
- Toss a Water Stone to evolve into Swampert

- May only use Curse, Hex, Spite, Grudge, Trick, Frustration, Torment and Payback
- To evolve into Banette, use Curse on every single Pokemon in the Psychic Gym (including both Lunatone and Solrock)
- Once evolved, replace two moves with any of Calm Mind, Hidden Power, Return, Swagger, Dazzling Gleam, Attract, Psychic and Psych Up

- Hatch Pittyplatsch the Wynaut before leaving Lavaridge Town
- If all of my Pokemon (except for Pittyplatsch) are a higher level than an opposing Pokemon, Pittyplatsch must solo that Pokemon. Otherwise, Pittyplatsch may not be used.
- Pittyplatsch's solos override the solos of other Pokemon

- Must be the highest level Pokemon
- Must solo any Pokemon in the red, orange or yellow colour categories
- Must only have Fire type moves ASAP
- Must get and keep Burn status
- Must solo Tate and Liza (except for Voodoo's Curses)
- Must solo all Psychic Pokemon after Pittyplatsch joins the party
- Must solo every Wally fight
- May only have moves of 50BP or less. Increase this limit by 10 for each contest won by Sirius.
- If Sirius does not participate in a battle, he must solo the next battle.

- Must learn and keep Sand Attack, Sand Tomb and Sandstorm ASAP
- If Sandstorm is not in effect, must use Sandstorm whenever possible.
- Solo any opponent that uses a non-Sandstorm weather
- Solo any fox-based Pokemon (optional: shout "SANDMASTER!" while doing so)
- Solo Flannery, Wallace and Glacia
- Cannot use a damaging attack against a Rock-type Pokemon.
- To evolve to Sandslash, solo ten Fire-types, ten Water-types and five Ice-types.
- During the fight with Drake, hold BrightPowder / Lax Incense and get Drake to miss ten times

- Solo all Rock-type Pokemon
- Must always have at least one Electric-type move
- Solo Maxie in the Seafloor Cavern (except for Mightyena)
- Solo Sidney (except for Mightyena)

That's a full team, so off I go! :)

Last edited:
Ok, lets do this then.

You get HEALTHY the Mudkip.

Now, this Mudkip, for unknown reasons, is both a germaphobe and a health nut. Probably something to do with his father's decline into insanity after a drug overdose.
All of his life, his fellow Mudkips have used foreign substances to enhance their strength, and he is vehemently against this. Therefore, he cannot hold or use any man-made items (potions, EV enhancers, X stats, Ethers, etc.) Herbs, Berries, and Pokemon Centers are the only acceptable healing places for him. However, because he is a germaphobe, he hates the insides of the Pokemon Center, and every time he is healed at one, he cannot participate in the next 3 battles, as he is busy cleaning himself. Also, since he is a germaphobe, he cannot switch in to replace a pokemon unless it is because of Switch Clause (to clarify, the only times you can switch into him are when prompted after your pokemon or another pokemon has fainted.) If Repels are active, HEALTHY cannot participate in any battles encountered in that time, Trainer or otherwise. Because he strongly respects May and Professor Birch's work, (especially as he has briefly been in Birch's care for a small amount of time) he cannot participate in fights against May except for the first one. He also must solo all Poochyenas and Mightyenas, as revenge for one attacking his caretaker. He cannot Mega Evolve, since mega Swamperts are obviously on steroids and must also solo all mega pokemon, so he can revert them back to their non mega form and "clean" them.
HEALTHY also had some traumatic experiences as a child see father circumstances above and is not quite the most sane Mudkip ever. He must evolve AFTER soloing Wattson, since he thinks that ground type makes him 4X weak to electric attacks. He also thinks that he needs a Water Stone to evolve into Swampert, so you must toss a Water Stone to evolve him.

Recap:

-No man made items given to or used on him.
-Cannot participate in the next 3 battles after visiting a Pokemon Center (one battle of which must be a trainer battle)
-Can only switch IN if your pokemon or opposing pokemon just fainted (as according with Switch Clause)
-Cannot participate in battles while Repel is active.
-Can only participate in the first May battle.
-Must solo all members of the Poochyena line and Megas (unless conflicting with PC, Repel, or May rule.)
-Cannot Mega Evolve
-Solo Wattson to evolve.
-Toss a water stone to evolve again.

Phew! I'm still new at making Scramblemons, so tell me if this is too easy, hard, or bad. Thanks! XD

Sounds great to me, thanks! One thing I didn't think to mention is that I usually play on Set battle mode; I'll leave it up to you whether I play with Switch (and take the switching rule as written) or with Set (which could be interpreted as either "can only switch in after my Pokemon faints" or "can only switch in after my Pokemon faints or the first turn after the opponent sends out a new Pokemon).

Tetrinity, take Voodoo, the Shuppet.

Voodoo is the ghost of some witch doctor's voodoo doll who managed to wander in to your possession. This puppet has a need to hurt people, but can only do so in the ways taught to it by its master the witch doctor. As such, it can only know the following moves: Curse, Hex, Spite, Grudge, Trick, Frustration, Torment and Payback. Voodoo eventually learns to trust you after you have him apply a curse to every Pokemon in the Psychic gym, including both Lunatone and Solrock. Voodoo may then evolve, and replaces two of its malevolent, witch doctoresque moves with more benevolent moves, following your expert teachings and friendliness. Pick two moves and replace them with any of the following two: Calm Mind, Hidden Power, Return, Swagger, Dazzling Gleam, Attract, Psychic and Psych Up.

Summary:
  • May only use Curse, Hex, Spite, Grudge, Trick, Frustration, Torment and Payback
  • Apply curse to every Pokemon in the Psychic gym, including both Lunatone and Solrock, then evolve
  • Once evolved, replace 2 moves with any of Calm Mind, Hidden Power, Return, Swagger, Dazzling Gleam, Attract, Psychic and Psych Up.

Sounds great to me, thanks! One thing I didn't think to mention is that I usually play on Set battle mode; I'll leave it up to you whether I play with Switch (and take the switching rule as written) or with Set (which could be interpreted as either "can only switch in after my Pokemon faints" or "can only switch in after my Pokemon faints or the first turn after the opponent sends out a new Pokemon).
Ah. in that case, sure! Lol makes it that bit harder for you, giving the opponent a free turn.

Tetrinity
I give you Pittyplatsch the Wynaut. Get the egg as soon as you enter Lavaridge and hatch it before leaving the town.
Whenever and only if a Pokemon has a lower level than any of your other Pokemon you must switch to Pittyplatsch and solo this Pokemon.
This rule does not get changed by other solos.

Tetrinity
I give you Pittyplatsch the Wynaut. Get the egg as soon as you enter Lavaridge and hatch it before leaving the town.
Whenever and only if a Pokemon has a lower level than any of your other Pokemon you must switch to Pittyplatsch and solo this Pokemon.
This rule does not get changed by other solos.
Okay, I think I get how this works. I have a few questions though, which I'll put in bold.

- Hatch Pittyplatsch the Wynaut before leaving Lavaridge Town
- If (any / all ?) of my Pokemon (except for Pittyplatsch) are a higher level than an opposing Pokemon, Pittyplatsch must solo that Pokemon. Otherwise, (Pittyplatsch may not be used / Pittyplatsch may not be switched in and may not solo anything ?).
- Pittyplatsch's solos override the solos of other Pokemon

I'll accept it regardless, just wanted to clarify things :)

all team Pokemon on higher level -> forced to use Pittyplatsch and solo with it, revive immediately as often as necessary to complete battle
Otherwise (here: at least one of your Pokemon on same or lower level than opponent) , Pittyplatsch may not be used at all.

The "any" option in the first bracket would be interesting if you want a quite hard challenge. Kind of a forced underleveled team from that point onwards I guess.
Now that I think about it there is a possibility to get an intermediate difficulty:
Whenever a Pokemon is of a lower level then your active Pokemon you have to switch Pittyplatsch in and solo with it.

Choose whichever fits best with your other challenges.

Ok! Tetrinity, you get Sirius the Solrock.

Sirius is one of the brightest stars, and that's what Sirius plans to be! As he can't have anyone overshadowing him, he must always be the highest level. As he can't have anyone outshining him, any pokemon in the red, orange, or yellow color category must be soloed by him. Also, he must always be bright and on fire, like A star. As soon as possible, only let Sirius have fire moves, and he must get and stay burned. Once Pittyplatsch joins, he is enraged by his stealing of the spotlight, and must solo Tate and Liza (Voodoo is allowed in the other spot, but only Voodoo), along with all psychic types as soon as Pittyplatsch joins the group. Finally, he must solo Wally at all times, as that annoying kid's trying to steal his glory. This solo , along with the psychic types solo, is exempt from Pittysplatch's rules, as he can't bear having anyone take his spotlight (If that's ok with you hard) Also, what is the best way to become famous? Contest Spectaculars! Sirius can only have moves of 50bp or less, the limit increasing by 10 after every won contest. Finally, as he hates pokemon taking his spot, after every battle Sirius doesn't participate in, he must solo the next battle.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
all team Pokemon on higher level -> forced to use Pittyplatsch and solo with it, revive immediately as often as necessary to complete battle
Otherwise (here: at least one of your Pokemon on same or lower level than opponent) , Pittyplatsch may not be used at all.

The "any" option in the first bracket would be interesting if you want a quite hard challenge. Kind of a forced underleveled team from that point onwards I guess.
Now that I think about it there is a possibility to get an intermediate difficulty:
Whenever a Pokemon is of a lower level then your active Pokemon you have to switch Pittyplatsch in and solo with it.

Choose whichever fits best with your other challenges.
Thanks for the clarification. I'll probably go for the challange as written, but the "active Pokemon" variant does sound interesting... probably still close to the difficulty of the "any" variant. We'll see how the team turns out!

Ok! Tetrinity, you get Sirius the Solrock.

Sirius is one of the brightest stars, and that's what Sirius plans to be! As he can't have anyone overshadowing him, he must always be the highest level. As he can't have anyone outshining him, any pokemon in the red, orange, or yellow color category must be soloed by him. Also, he must always be bright and on fire, like A star. As soon as possible, only let Sirius have fire moves, and he must get and stay burned. Once Pittyplatsch joins, he is enraged by his stealing of the spotlight, and must solo Tate and Liza (Voodoo is allowed in the other spot, but only Voodoo), along with all psychic types as soon as Pittyplatsch joins the group. Finally, he must solo Wally at all times, as that annoying kid's trying to steal his glory. This solo , along with the psychic types solo, is exempt from Pittysplatch's rules, as he can't bear having anyone take his spotlight (If that's ok with you hard) Also, what is the best way to become famous? Contest Spectaculars! Sirius can only have moves of 50bp or less, the limit increasing by 10 after every won contest. Finally, as he hates pokemon taking his spot, after every battle Sirius doesn't participate in, he must solo the next battle.

Good Luck!
Excellent, this sounds like fun! Tate and Liza is going to be one hell of a fight if nothing else XD

Just two more Pokemon needed, then I can get started :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)