AbNormal {Community Project} [Voting Phase]

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Glare (New type: Poison)
Onix, Milotic, Gyarados, Barboarch, Kecleon
The first four are all Pokemon with serpentine bodies, so Snake Glare fits them well (Barboarch is technically in the "Pokemon with fins" body group, but he does have a serpentine body). Kecleon is a lizard, like Helioptile and Druddigon, who also get the move.

Rock Climb (New type: Bug)
Armaldo, Leavanny, Ariados, Golurk
They're all Pokemon that could climb rocks and use the move competitively. STAB for the 3 physically oriented Bugs. Golurk gets coverage for two of it's weaknesses in one move, and 85% accuracy doesn't bother it.

Focus Energy (New type: Fighting)
Lucario, Bisharp, Gallade, Drapion, Absol
Lucario, Bisharp and Gallade fit flavor-wise (Inner Focus, two are Fighting types). They all have many moves for guaranteed crits without even holding Scope Lens. Drapion and Absol have Sniper and Super Luck respectively, so they can abuse the move.

Double Team
Dark
It's named Shadow Divide in Japanese, and it's about creating illusions. Pretty much Zoroark the move.

Encore
Fairy
A "cute" move with little flavor to it.

Endure
Fighting
Endure it with your fighting spirit! (or something along those lines)

Flash
Electric
Energy, light and stuff.

Aerilate, Pixilate, Refrigerate
Causes all moves of a one type (that would be voted separately) used by the Pokémon to become Flying and receive a 30% boost.
See Post #266.

Double Team
Ghost type

Why: Taking the "shadow divide" logic, only focusing on the fact that the Ghost type is the main type associated with shadows -Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, Shadow Punch, Shadow Force...

Encore
Fairy type

Why: Echoing it. There's not a lot to go off of, and a lot of the Pokemon that learn it are either Fairy typed or prone to learning similar movesets to Fairy Pokemon anyway.

Endure
Ghost type

Why: How do you hold on with just one hit point left? Are you a zombie or something?

Flash
Fire type

Why: While Flash is, in fact, associated more with Electric types than it is with Fire types, they're both valid for light sources and when used in a cave Flash's light endures in a way that's kind of strange for a one-time flash. (Which would, in actual fact, completely destroy your night vision for several minutes, making you more blind in darkness, not less) Also Will O Wisp is found on every Fire type nowadays (Except Sun Castform, but that hardly counts), even though it was originally associated almost exclusively with the Ghost type, and a Will O Wisp is a strange, floating light source that goes on without apparent light, which fits much better to Flash's in-game out-of-battle behavior. So, Fire!

Glare
Recipients: Sableye

Why: Prankster Glare! And frankly Sableye is a creepy little thing. I thought the Pokedex was being kind of dumb in Sapphire when I caught one and it was al "Sableye is totally creepy man", and then I played Colosseum, hit it, and was like "oh god".

Rock Climb
Recipients: I got nothing

Focus Energy
Recipients: Barbaracle, Fearow, Drapion, Absol, Honchkrow

Why: Pokemon that have either Sniper or Super Luck but not Focus Energy. I'm genuinely surprised to discover Drapion doesn't already have it, actually, and I don't get why Barbaracle lacks it either.

-ate Abilities
My idea is: moves that make contact or are sound-based are converted and boosted, while other moves are left alone.

It's not perfect (Mega Pinsir loses Close Combat as coverage, Mega Glalie loses Icesplosion, etc), but I think this is a close approximation of Standard without any weird, hidden tag of "once-was-Normal".

-ate Abilities

I'm not even sure if we actually have the coding capabilities to pull this off, but what if the -ate abilities just added a type to the attack, making it a two-type attack? Like Glalie's Refrigerate Explosion would be both fire and ice type? Considering this would result in something 4 times effective against a grass type, we should probably do away with the extra 30% damage for these abilities (this obviously not only goes for the given scenario, as there will be a lot of moves that can be abused for having two types). In addition, the Pokemon probably shouldn't get STAB on -ated moves. Again, that'd just be too powerful. It's kind of complicated and might become broken, but I think it'd be an interesting mechanic.

EDIT:
MegaGallade I also have a question about how we will continue to implement this project once it's done. Will there be a council for banning things and trying to prevent any over-centralization, etc?

Last edited:
MegaGallade I also have a question about how we will continue to implement this project once it's done. Will there be a council for banning things and trying to prevent any over-centralization, etc?
After every move has been retyped, we will have a revision phase where we will look at firstly, NFEs and see which NFEs' types could be changed (as currently, NFEs have the same types as their next evolution), and then we will look at the project entirely and see if we can re-retype Pokemon that are deemed 'unuseful' or have a lack of justification.
After all that, I guess we can have a council and decide on what to ban or not, because after that we may be pretty much done with the project entirely. Thanks for the suggestion!

Rock Climb (New type: Bug)
Nincada, Sawsbuck, Gogoat
Nincada is the physical bug that has been unmentioned that can climb walls (and in extent and in this case, rocks). Gogoat is based off a mountain goat which are known for being great Rock Climbers, while Sawsbuck has Serene Grace along with being based off deers which can be good rock-climbers too.

Huntail, Rayquaza
More serpentine Pokemon who fit the flavor text of the move from RSE;
'Intimidates and frightens the foe into paralysis.'

Flash
Bug
Seems weird, I know, but here me out. 'Tail Glow' is also Bug type, and Volbeat is the only Pokemon to learn it from level-up.

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
When was the last time I posted here omg. Might as well rejoin! :P

Beedrill, Charizard, Cofagrigus, Aerodactyl
All of these Pokemon's eye all seem so intimidating favorwise. Plus, it gives these Pokemon a small boost in viablity imo, mostly Mega-Beedrill, it give it something to slow thing down, given it a chance to start a deadly sweep (and the fact Beedrill is the only Pokemon on here that shares Glare's type.)

Flash
Fairy
Some Fairy Type moves involve light, like Dazzling Gleam or Moonblast (the moon seems to glow in the night sky) so Flash being Fairy would seem nice.

Endure: Rock (you live on with 1 hit point, like sturdy. rock type has the most pokemon with the ability sturdy.)
Flash: Fire (see ghoul king's description, and FLASH fire… even though thats probs not relat
Double Team: Fairy (seems weird, but fairies are kind of tricky in a way. so thought i would put this out there.)
Encore: Fairy (see description above)
Ate-abilities: make it so it acts like normalize for the type it's for (refrigerate makes all ice type moves, etc)

AbNormal is now back on schedule!

After a too-long wait, It's Voting Time!
If you do not know how to vote, please read the OP.
If your submission is fused with another's yet you want your submission to be separate, notify me asap, and if your submission is not included, it is because someone already used the same justification.

Onix
Milotic
Gyarados
Barboarch
Kecleon (This and above by the someone )
Sableye (By Ghoul King )
Huntail
Rayquaza (This and above by MegaGallade )
Beedrill
Charizard
Cofagrigus
Aerodactyl (This and above by Springtrap )

Armaldo
Leavanny
Ariados
Golurk (This and above by the someone)
Nincada
Sawsbuck
Gogoat (This and above by MegaGallade)

Lucario
Bisharp
Gallade
Drapion
Absol (This and above by the someone)
Barbaracle
Fearow
Honchkrow (This and above by Ghoul King)

Gourgeist
Tangrowth
Shiftry
Chesnaught (This and above by Ghoul King)
Togepi
Farfetch'd
Pumpkaboo
Golduck (This and above by MegaGallade)
Breloom
Torkoal
Sceptile (This and above by the someone)
Fletchinder
Togetic
Unfezant
Mandibuzz (This and above by The Reptile )

Ninjask
Beedrill
Persian
Garchomp (This and above by Ghoul King)
Crobat
Hawlucha
Azelf
Eelektross (This and above by the someone)

Slurpuff
Machamp
Hitmonchan
Poliwrath (This and above by Ghoul King)
Kricketune
Barbaracle
Pangoro
Seismitoad (This and above by the someone)
Infernape
Hitmontop
Meloetta (This and above by FlameUser64 )
Ludicolo (By The Reptile)

Dark (the someone)
Ghost (Ghoul King)
Fairy (Yellow Skarmory )

Due to a lack of submissions, this move's type has already been decided.
Fairy (the someone/Ghoul King/Yellow Skarmory)

Fighting (the someone)
Ghost (Ghoul King)
Rock (Yellow Skarmory)

Electric (the someone)
Fire (Ghoul King/Yellow Skarmory)
Bug (MegaGallade)
Fairy (Springtrap)

(Note: I have included suggestions from the last time for convenience)

Keep the current effects [MegaGallade / Yellow Skarmory] (See above post)
simsims2800 (See here: LINK)
the someone (See here: LINK)
Throbulator36 (See here: LINK)
Ghoul King (See here: LINK)
GiveUsYourBones (See here: LINK)

Note: The last changes will be added to the OP asap.

To keep the thread alive, here are a few discussion points from the previous week's changes and more:
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Do you think any of last week's Recipient-Pokemon will get more usage because of these new moves and why?
  • Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Water-type Constrict, Fairy-type Double Slap and Steel-type Cut?
  • Are there any unanswered questions you want to know specifically about this Pet Mod? If so, please tag me when asking the question and I will reply.

Once again, thanks for submitting, welcome back, and get voting!

Last edited:
Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Water-type Constrict, Fairy-type Double Slap and Steel-type Cut?
Cut provides (weak) Physical Steel coverage to these Pokemon: Archeops, Carnivine, Clawitzer, Darkrai, Dedenne, Delphox, Drifblim, Eelektross, Emolga, Greninja, Heliolisk, Keldeo, Klefki, Lilligant, Lopunny, Mandibuzz, Meowstic, Noivern, Pachirisu, Serperior, Toxicroak, Trevenant, Virizion, Watchog, Xerneas, and Yveltal. Unfortunately most of these Pokemon are Specially oriented, and none of them has Technician, so the benefit is fairly limited. Strictly Cut is available to an enormous number of Pokemon, but the rest all have access to some other, better Steel move. Too bad. :( In particular, Toxicroak is one of the only exceptions, and would probably rather run Bullet Punch anyway!

Double Slap is so weak that literally the only Pokemon that might run it are Ambipom or Cinccino, specifically if they want Frustration for Dark coverage and are running Skill Link anyway. Otherwise it probably won't see anymore use than in Standard.

Constrict is even worse. 10 BP, 10% chance of lowering the target's Speed... I'm not even going to bother looking up what gains Physical Water coverage from it, because you'd have to be something ludicrous like a pure Water type with no better STAB who is terrified of Camerupt and has no off-STAB move above 60 BP that is neutrally effective -what, you have Constrict but not Frustration? (No such Pokemon exists, by the way)

Do you think any of last week's Recipient-Pokemon will get more usage because of these new moves and why?
Fury Attack for Archen is honestly so weak it probably doesn't matter. Same for Pidove and Swellow. For Absol it's somewhat questionable, as Aerial Ace will never miss and will usually do better damage -only 1/8 (successful) Fury Attacks will do equal damage and only 1/8 (successful) Fury Attacks will do better damage,making it only potentially worthwhile if Absol finds itself wanting to break through a substitute and doing damage in one go against something with a substantial Flying weakness... Breloom or something, I guess. Not convinced it's worth the moveslot, either.

Fury Swipes is also weak, and inaccurate, but (Mega) Heracross appreciates having a 90 BP Steel coverage move (Albeit one that misses) for smacking Fairies that resist its STABs, Honedge/Doublade might consider it for breaking through Substitutes (They don't have to worry about missing), nobody cares about Kricketune, Scyther (By which I actually mean Scizor and Mega Scizor) might also run it as a way to break through Substitutes (After Technician, while the lowest roll is only 54 BP, the second-lowest roll is just short of 80 and the two higher rolls will actually outdamage an Iron Head, all while punching through Substitutes), and I guess Zoroark might run it to bonk Fairies. Maybe.

Shell Smash is, of course, a game-changer. Escavalier is the only one of the bunch that might not run it -it's so slow that even after a Shell Smash tons of things will outspeed it and it has no priority to abuse it, and it's obviously bad for its preferred Trick Room- but for everything else it represents a huge boon to their potential. I particularly look forward to Shell Smash Torterra!

Last edited:
Will wait for the current voting phase to end so I could suggest my own ideas later on. Seems pretty fun though!

Votes are in!

+Glare (By the someone <On> and Ghoul King <Sab> )
+Rock Climb (By the someone <Arm & Aria> and MegaGallade <Saws, Gogo & Nin> )
+Focus Energy (By the someone <Luc, Bish, Gal & Drap> and Ghoul King <Fear> )
+Egg Bomb (By Ghoul King <Gour & Shif>, MegaGallade <Pump> and the someone <Brel & Tor> )
+Quick Attack (By Ghoul King <Nin & Per> and the someone <Cro & Hawl> )
+Dizzy Punch (By Ghoul King <Slur, Mach, Hit & Poli>, the someone <Pan>, FlameUser64 <Inf> and The Reptile <Lud> )

Double Team Ghost (By Ghoul King )
Encore Fairy (By the someone , Ghoul King and Yellow Skarmory )
Endure Fighting (By the someone )
Flash Electric (By the someone )

Thanks to all that submitted!
And now...

Moves to give to Pokemon (Note: Submissions that have already been made (i.e. Using the same type, with same moves and with the exact same justification as someone who submitted before) will not be included) (Also Note: For the voting phase of this week we will redo Quick Attack/Egg Bomb/Dizzy Punch in the new format, hopefully)

Horn Drill (New type: Steel)
Rapid Spin (New type: Fighting)
Hyper Voice (New type: Dragon)

Status moves

Growl
Harden
Heal Bell
Helping Hand

Other

This week, please post submissions on what we should do in the 'Other' section?
If you want to avoid an 'Other' section entirely, just say so.
No voting will be done for suggestions, this is for the purposes of filler.
Thanks for reading!

Note: -ATE ABILITIES NOW CHANGE CONTACT AND SOUND MOVES TO THEIR RESPECTIVE TYPE. (By Ghoul King ) If I misunderstood what your submission was, Ghoul King, please correct me asap as I was unsure if you went both Contact and Sound moves, or one or the other. Thanks for cooperating.

Get submitting, thanks for the support on the project, and thanks for reading!

Note: -ATE ABILITIES NOW CHANGE CONTACT AND SOUND MOVES TO THEIR RESPECTIVE TYPE. (By Ghoul King )If I misunderstood what your submission was, Ghoul King, please correct me asap as I was unsure if you went both Contact and Sound moves, or one or the other. Thanks for cooperating.
I did in fact mean both. The intention is that Special attackers (Currently all Hyper Voice abusers) and Physical attackers both benefit with minimal interference. This does mean Mega Pinsir loses out on Close Combat (And Mega Glalie on Crunch), but the three of them can still use Earthquake just fine, and Fire Blast in Mega Salamence's case... and given that Mega Pinsir can consider replacing Return with Close Combat, that's not necessarily a loss, exactly, especially if it can find other coverage moves that work or otherwise can abuse the new rules.

This week, please post submissions on what we should do in the 'Other' section?
I got nothing.

Growl
Dark type

Why: It's Snarl, only not! No, seriously.

Harden
Bug type

Why: Toughen your carapace! The Japanese is actually stiffen... also, Bug needs more Status moves!

Heal Bell
Fairy type

Why: Many of the primary users are either natively Fairy type or are Fairy type in AbNormal.

Helping Hand
Fairy type

Why: Broadly associated with "cute" Pokemon, whom are in turn broadly associated with the Fairy type.

Horn Drill
Abstain

Why: We're using Smogon rules. Nobody can use it anyway. :(

Rapid Spin
Recipients: Ferrothorn, Chesnaught, Steelix, Emboar, Bronzong

Why: A selection of Pokemon that can learn Gyro Ball but not Rapid Spin, can plausibly benefit competitively, and that it genuinely bugs me they don't get it -I really don't get Ferrothorn and Brongong in particular not getting Rapid Spin.

Hyper Voice
Recipients: Flygon, Ampharos, Latios, Latias, Sceptile

Why: Special-oriented Dragons (Megas, in Ampharos and Sceptile's case) that don't get it already. Flygon is particular baffles me -it gets Boomburst nowadays!

tbh I'm not sure whether someone has done this or not but anyway
Belly Drum
Type-Dark ALTERNATIVELY, FIGHTING

Justification: Honestly, Dark isn't very fitting, but moves of the Dark type are commonly associated with nasty side effects (e.g. Thief, Knock Off), in this case the HP loss. As for Fighting, drumming your belly to increase your attack seems more... Fighting-esque somehow.
Swords Dance
Type-Fighting
Justification: This one is really obvious. I wouldn't be surprised if someone did it already, but anyway, Swords Dance is obviously a Fighting type move because "performing a frantic dance to raise Attack sharply" definitely seems Fighting-esque.

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Just wanted to point out that the majority of retypes consist of adding the original type if there is one and slapping fairy/ground/dark on it.
There's not a lot of diversity among the typings, for the most part.

tbh I'm not sure whether someone has done this or not but anyway
Belly Drum
Type-Dark ALTERNATIVELY, FIGHTING

Justification: Honestly, Dark isn't very fitting, but moves of the Dark type are commonly associated with nasty side effects (e.g. Thief, Knock Off), in this case the HP loss. As for Fighting, drumming your belly to increase your attack seems more... Fighting-esque somehow.
Swords Dance
Type-Fighting
Justification: This one is really obvious. I wouldn't be surprised if someone did it already, but anyway, Swords Dance is obviously a Fighting type move because "performing a frantic dance to raise Attack sharply" definitely seems Fighting-esque.
Sorry. Both of those moves have a type already assigned to them. Look under the 'Retypes' folder in the OP.
Status moves

Growl
Harden
Heal Bell
Helping Hand
^This are the retypes we are currently in need of this week. Sorry if that wasn't clear!
Just wanted to point out that the majority of retypes consist of adding the original type if there is one and slapping fairy/ground/dark on it.
The whole project involves what people want. Voting, submitting, etc. We will do a revision phase which may retype Pokemon a second time for reasons later decided. It's a problem, I know, but what else can you do...

If no one posts submissions for Horn Drill I can just remove it, if that is what people want. For now;

Growl
Fairy
Various move descriptions state 'The user growls in an endearing way' or 'The user growls in a cute way'. Endearing and Cuteness? Fairy.

Heal Bell
Steel
Bells are made of metal. Also steel-type 'healing' move.

Hyper Voice
Recipients: Swellow, Froslass, Dragalge, Goodra, Clawitzer

Justification: Swellow gets Boomburst, yet not Hyper Voice. Froslass gets Sing, yet not Hyper Voice. Dragalge and Goodra are dragons with possible physical capability to produce a loud voice, and Clawitzer because Pistol Shrimps can produce some of the loudest sounds an animal can make. Why didn't we give this thing Boomburst?

Rapid Spin
Recipients: Darmanitan, Drifblim, Electrode, Lunatone, Solrock

Justification: More Gyro Ball users that can't learn Rapid Spin.

EV

Banned deucer.
Electrode not learning Rapid Spin is among one of the biggest crimes Game Freak has ever committed. Please, I beg of you all, do not allow the opportunity to right this wrong slip away.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Recipients: Magnezone, Golem, Glalie, Shuckle, Poliwhirl
The first four are also Pokemon that learn Gyro Ball and don't learn Rapid Spin. Golem, Glalie and Shuckle also learn Rollout. Poliwhirl literally has a spin pattern on it's belly and Poliwrath is a Fighting type.

Recipients: Ninetales, Manectric, Raikou, Entei, Suicune
These all learn Roar (by level-up, no less). They're also the only canines that don't get Hyper Voice except Furfrou.

Harden
Rock
Rock is the second "hardest type", and making this Steel would basically make it a weaker Iron Defense.

As someone who's partly at fault for this (Funny fact, I just noticed I submitted winning Ground/Fairy, Fairy/Dark and Ground/Dark retypes), I can say that most Pokemon have solid flavor for being retyped the way they were. Well, you'd have to read each winning submission from the beginning to understand, since some are less known Pokedex flavor. I suppose some monotype Pokemon could get more types, but the fitting ones were already posted and didn't win (Persian and Raticate, for example). In my opinion, the most problematic type here is Fairy, which seems to fill the void of neutral type due to it's recent addition gen-wise and relation to many common concepts such as cuteness, playfulness, etc.

Last edited:
Recipients: Magnezone, Golem, Glalie, Shuckle, Poliwhirl
The first four are also Pokemon that learn Gyro Ball and don't learn Rapid Spin. Golem, Glalie and Shuckle also learn Rollout. Poliwhirl literally has a spin pattern on it's belly and it's a Fighting type.

Recipients: Ninetales, Manectric, Raikou, Entei, Suicune
These all learn Roar (by level-up, no less). They're also the only canines that don't get Hyper Voice except Furfrou.

Harden
Rock
Rock is the second "hardest type", and making this Steel would basically make it a weaker Iron Defense.

As someone who's partly at fault for this (Funny fact, I just noticed I submitted winning Ground/Fairy, Fairy/Dark and Ground/Dark retypes), I can say that most Pokemon have solid flavor for being retyped the way they were. Well, you'd have to read each winning submission from the beginning to understand, since some are less known Pokedex flavor. I suppose some monotype Pokemon could get more types, but the fitting ones were already posted and didn't win (Persian and Raticate, for example). In my opinion, the most problematic type here is Fairy, which seems to fill the void of neutral type due to it's recent addition gen-wise and relation to many common concepts such as cuteness, playfulness, etc.
uhh… Poliwhirl isn't fighting type, thats only poliwrath.

New types:
Growl: Dark type (dark stuff is scary, and growling can scare people. not like these status moves matter too much anyway.)
Harden: Bug type (a lot of pokemon that learn harden are bug type.)
Heal Bell: Steel (Well… 1.: bells are made of steel. 2.: bronzong is a bell and is steel type.)
Helping Hand: Fairy (well, fairies can be helpful. not much description i can think of here.)

New moves:
Rapid spin: Voltorb (by eevee general's request), wooper (well, it looks like it could spin. idk about this one), Greninja (apparently greninja "almost" learned rapid spin.) and ekans (same as wooper, but makes a little more sense to me.)
Hyper voice: Don't really have anything for this one.
Horn Drill: Don't have anything for this one too.

Rapid Spin

Recipents: Ferroseed, Voltorb

Why: Ferroseed, as, judging by it's Gen 5 type, its spinning so wildly it looks comepletely possible for it to rapid spin. Voltorb is a Pokemon looking like a ball, and judging by that it should also be able to rapid spin.

Heal Bell
Psychic
There are a decent amount of Psychic Pokemon that learn Heal Bell. In fact, half the Pokemon that learn it by level-up are Psychic. Also, a lot of Pokemon that literally are bells (Chimecho, Bronzong) are Psychic type.

Rapid Spin recipients
Lucario, Primeape, Swampert, Hariyama, Medicham
This group may seem weird, but I was trying to look for some Pokes that learn Foresight but not Rapid Spin (that way they don't have to worry about being spin-blocked by Ghosts). Four of them are fighting types, and all of them take reduced damage from Stealth Rock due to their types. Also, I figured it fits flavor-wise for some of them, considering Primeape is known for thrashing about, Swampert is like a catfish, which are also known for flailing and spinning, and Hariyama is like a sumo wrestler, which also involves some spinning.

Hyper Voice recipients
Arcanine, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Glalie
I feel like Arcanine deserves to learn Hyper Voice. It's kind of the case of Raikou, Suicune, and Entei: it learns Roar but not Hyper Voice. Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are some of the only Legendary Pokemon that don't learn it, as well as some of the only bird Pokemon that don't learn it. As for Glalie, I figured we'd give it something that it can use with Refrigerate. All the other Pokemon with -ate abilities already learn it or it doesn't really make sense (it would be silly to give Pinsir Hyper Voice). Besides, I feel like Glalie deserves something considered we nerfed its gimmick Refrigerate Explosion.

(Also, I have no good retypings for Growl that haven't been mentioned, but whenever we give it out we have to give it to Growlithe. How does a Pokemon with "Growl" in its name not learn Growl?)

Heal Bell
Psychic
There are a decent amount of Psychic Pokemon that learn Heal Bell. In fact, half the Pokemon that learn it by level-up are Psychic. Also, a lot of Pokemon that literally are bells (Chimecho, Bronzong) are Psychic type.

Rapid Spin recipients
Lucario, Primeape, Swampert, Hariyama, Medicham
This group may seem weird, but I was trying to look for some Pokes that learn Foresight but not Rapid Spin (that way they don't have to worry about being spin-blocked by Ghosts). Four of them are fighting types, and all of them take reduced damage from Stealth Rock due to their types. Also, I figured it fits flavor-wise for some of them, considering Primeape is known for thrashing about, Swampert is like a catfish, which are also known for flailing and spinning, and Hariyama is like a sumo wrestler, which also involves some spinning.

Hyper Voice recipients
Arcanine, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Glalie
I feel like Arcanine deserves to learn Hyper Voice. It's kind of the case of Raikou, Suicune, and Entei: it learns Roar but not Hyper Voice. Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are some of the only Legendary Pokemon that don't learn it, as well as some of the only bird Pokemon that don't learn it. As for Glalie, I figured we'd give it something that it can use with Refrigerate. All the other Pokemon with -ate abilities already learn it or it doesn't really make sense (it would be silly to give Pinsir Hyper Voice). Besides, I feel like Glalie deserves something considered we nerfed its gimmick Refrigerate Explosion.

(Also, I have no good retypings for Growl that haven't been mentioned, but whenever we give it out we have to give it to Growlithe. How does a Pokemon with "Growl" in its name not learn Growl?)
Swellow's species name is swallow, and it doesnt learn swallow. Thundurus's species name is bolt strike, and it doesnt learn bolt strike. Very weird imo that swellow doesnt learn swallow (It looks like it could learn swallow), and growlithe that it doesn't learn growl (it completely looks like it could growl. it's like a dog. dogs can growl, right?)

After a surprisingly short submission phase, It's Voting Time!
If you do not know how to vote, please read the OP.
If your submission is fused with another's yet you want your submission to be separate, notify me asap, and if your submission is not included, it is because someone already used the same justification.

Ferrothorn
Chesnaught
Steelix
Emboar
Bronzong (This and above by Ghoul King )
Darmanitan
Drifblim
Electrode
Lunatone
Solrock (This and above by MegaGallade )
Magnezone
Golem
Glalie
Shuckle
Poliwhirl (This and above by the someone )
Voltorb
Wooper
Greninja
Ekans (This and above by Yellow Skarmory )
Ferroseed (By Amitghosh )
Lucario
Primeape
Swampert
Hariyama
Medicham (This and above by GiveUsYourBones )

Flygon
Ampharos
Latios
Latias
Sceptile (This and above by Ghoul King)
Swellow
Froslass
Dragalge
Goodra
Clawitzer (This and above by MegaGallade)
Ninetales
Manectric
Raikou
Entei
Suicune (This and above by the someone)
Arcanine
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Glalie (This and above by GiveUsYourBones)

Dark (Ghoul King/Yellow Skarmory)
Fairy (MegaGallade)

Bug (Ghoul King/Yellow Skarmory)
Rock (the someone)

Fairy (Ghoul King)
Steel (MegaGallade/Yellow Skamory)
Psychic (GiveUsYourBones)

Due to a lack of submissions, this move's type has already been decided.
Fairy (Ghoul King/Yellow Skarmory)

Note: The reason the submission phase was surprisingly short is because of something that may come in my way later this week, making me unable to be on Smogon as regularly. I thought it would be best to have a Submission Phase for that period of time instead of a Voting Phase, so the submission phase will end Tuesday. Thanks for the support, and it is just a possibility.

To keep the thread alive, here are a few discussion points from the previous week's changes and more:
  • Which entries/recipient options for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Do you think any of last week's Recipient-Pokemon will get more usage because of these new moves and why?
  • Are there any unanswered questions you want to know specifically about this Pet Mod? If so, please tag me when asking the question and I will reply.

Once again, thanks for submitting, and get voting!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)