Metagamiate!

Some sets I'm keen to try (no idea how good they'll be)
Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Double Hit
- Superpower
Factoring in STAB, Infestate and Technician, Double Hit has 100 power per hit! Calcs:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Double Hit (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 440-518 (104.7 - 123.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Double Hit (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 416-494 (118.1 - 140.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Double Hit (2 hits) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 830-978 (129.2 - 152.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower / Knock Off

Standard Band Azumarill, but now with a STAB with almost twice the power of Waterfall. You could also run shiny if you want Double-Edge to be Fairy type.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Return
- Quick Attack

Rock type Return is stronger than Close Combat and gets better neutral coverage. Quick Attack lets me beat opposing priority users.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat / Fire Blast
- Nature Power
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice

With Nature Power, Heatran now has a reliable Steel STAB which also has a 30% chance to cause status.

Cleable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Brave Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast / Grass Knot
- Softboiled

Mixed Clefable is back! Double-Edge 2HKOes Chansey after Stealth Rock, and thanks to Pixilate and STAB hits really hard. Fire Blast toasts the bulky Steel types not named Heatran. Focus Blast does heavy damage to Heatran and Tyranitar, OHKOing offensive versions of the latter. Grass Knot hurts bulky Water and Ground types, 2HKOing Hippowdon and Calm Mind Mega Slowbro (the latter after Stealth Rock). Softboiled keeps you healthy. Life Orb powers up your moves, and has no recoil thanks to Magic Guard.

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Anyways, to not detract from the topic,
Cleable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Brave Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast / Grass Knot
- Softboiled

Mixed Clefable is back! Double-Edge 2HKOes Chansey after Stealth Rock, and thanks to Pixilate and STAB hits really hard. Fire Blast toasts the bulky Steel types not named Heatran. Focus Blast does heavy damage to Heatran and Tyranitar, OHKOing offensive versions of the latter. Grass Knot hurts bulky Water and Ground types, 2HKOing Hippowdon and Calm Mind Mega Slowbro (the latter after Stealth Rock). Softboiled keeps you healthy. Life Orb powers up your moves, and has no recoil thanks to Magic Guard.
This is a really interesting set. I remember seeing something similar to this back when this was OMotM the first time, in the form of Hustle Togekiss. It actually caught me surprisingly off-guard as its Extreme Speed was actually decently powerful.

What other weird things do you expect to see in the meta, even moreso with secondary typed STABs becoming a thing?

The main difference I see with this meta after the recent change is that a lot more Flying-types are going to be able to utilize their Flying-type for the purpose of their -ate ability. Before it was just Noivern (and Tornadus), but now any Flying-type that doesn't still want to use its primary type has that opportunity. So, uh, expect birdspam when the OMotM ladder goes up

Some sets I'm keen to try (no idea how good they'll be)
Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Double Hit
- Superpower
Factoring in STAB, Infestate and Technician, Double Hit has 100 power per hit! Calcs:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Double Hit (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 440-518 (104.7 - 123.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Double Hit (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 416-494 (118.1 - 140.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Double Hit (2 hits) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 830-978 (129.2 - 152.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
It's inaccurate, unfortunately, but fairly powerful. I'd sooner go Shiny for the Steel typing, personally, even considering the redundancy with Bullet Punch. Bug is just not a good attacking type, and it's not even complimentary with Steel. Seven types resist Bug, where only four resist Steel, and Electric is not noted for its walls, so unless you've got specific targets in mind (Such as Ferrothorn, admittedly) Steel will often be the better typing. Among other points, being only singly resisted by Skarmory is quite nice.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower / Knock Off

Standard Band Azumarill, but now with a STAB with almost twice the power of Waterfall. You could also run shiny if you want Double-Edge to be Fairy type.
I'm not sure why you'd want your Azumarill killing itself on every attack for a less than 20% increase in power over Return/Frustration. Are there any particular targets it passes a critical threshold on?

A different angle would be to run Body Slam. It's still a substantial increase in firepower over Waterfall (Or Play Rough if Shiny) while spreading Paralysis, making Azumarill more than just a wallbreaker/item remover.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat / Fire Blast
- Nature Power
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice

With Nature Power, Heatran now has a reliable Steel STAB which also has a 30% chance to cause status.
... it already has a reliable Steel STAB? Flash Cannon. Spreading Status is good, of course, but it wasn't lacking a Special Steel STAB.

An alternative would be Uproar. I mean, you are already choice-locked by the Scarf, though admittedly Uproar also traps you.

Idk if this set is shown, but it will be powerful:
Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Return
- Superpower

This thing will be a good wallbreaker, that can defeat any OU Wall with a 2HKO.

Yeah, i think that the two are great Options, Tornadus-Incarnate has more attack and Defiant, but it is so weak to rocks, Tornadus-T has more bulk, speed and Regenerator.

I just hopped on and read the OP...where's the banlist? I didn't see one unless it's buried somewhere in the thread, it would be nice to have front and center. Unless there isn't one.

Golurk with No Guard Ghost-ate Mega Kick.

You're welcome.

I just hopped on and read the OP...where's the banlist? I didn't see one unless it's buried somewhere in the thread, it would be nice to have front and center. Unless there isn't one.

Golurk with No Guard Ghost-ate Mega Kick.

You're welcome.
Medicham-Mega with a Perfect accuracy Fighting-Return.(Or a more powerful Zen Headbutt)

Reactions: OM
It was in a sentence in the OP, but I made it a bit clearer anyway for your convenience.
Banlist:
OU Banlist
Dragonite
Kyurem-Black
Much appreciated, thank you.
Medicham-Mega with a Perfect accuracy Fighting-Return.(Or a more powerful Zen Headbutt)
I'm not sure if you are comparing that to Golurk's Mega Kick or not, since those are two very different mons, typing, and levels of strength. It's seems like a good idea, I would lean towards the stronger psychic STAB since HJK is almost the same as -ate fighting Return.

I'm also excited to try Lucario with Steel Espeed. Way stronger than Bullet Punch (I wanna say..156 after ate+STAB). Steel as opposed to fighting because Close Combat is better than Iron Tail, also hits everything for damage (fighting Espeed can't hit ghosts for priority).
Also, everything with adaptability gets -ate Return, a 264 BP move that's stronger than MegaLuc's Close Combat. LO/CB Crawdaunt can overcome it in power.

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
Obviously Aerodactyl has been brought up before, but now it has actual flying stab that gets the boost from tough claws (stone edge is way better than aerial ace already)

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 304-358 (72.3 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 277-327 (65.9 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Aerialite^

Physical Kingdra Returns

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Return
- Iron Head

Sorry. I deleted this post because I searched the thread incorrectly when I hadn't found my answer.

I just re read and saw tech still works with 60 base moves, and that's all I needed to know.

I am still searching and finding answers. It seems this post was not needed. Sorry.

To be worthwhile I simply wanted to strongly reccomend FACADE USERS.

gliscor shiny particularly

Last edited:
Obviously Aerodactyl has been brought up before, but now it has actual flying stab that gets the boost from tough claws (stone edge is way better than aerial ace already)

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 304-358 (72.3 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
I'm assuming you changed Aerial Ace's BP to 132? MegaAero is certainly going to be an A rank threat. It has the moves (now) to be very anti-meta, with its combination of Rock Flying offense and a spectacular array of stats. Tough claws makes its STAB Return a 269 BP hit, and many will be hit for neutral or SE damage. Very dangerous, pack a good steel like Doublade or Registeel, one that isn't neutral to flying moves like Ferro or to rock like Skarm. Bronzong could be a decent wall here to, with his EQ immunity.

Time to start experimenting on PS!

Loom will be so broken imo
Facade Grass STAB + Toxic Orb + Poison Heal + Spore will be very annoying.
252+ Atk Breloom Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 288-339 (95.6 - 112.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO In switch
BRO
KEN

Loom will be so broken imo
Facade Grass STAB + Toxic Orb + Poison Heal + Spore will be very annoying.
252+ Atk Breloom Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 288-339 (95.6 - 112.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO In switch
BRO
KEN
It still suffers from the same problems it always does: It's kinda slow, and not all that bulky. Good for demolishing slower teams, but that's about it.

I dont think grass type facade will be as good as flying type facade

Poison heal is also better on gliscor aerilit facade because gliscor is bulkier and can take a hit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)