The Workshop

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
ye, the 2nd one is rly cool, can you work more on tht :o, and i mean a team logo since the team is named squirtle squad xp
can do! ow<)b
should I get rid of the sunglasses, if this isn't referring to the anime squirtle squad? 0:

I would suggest going with the first of the two. I love the blocky typography (an especially nice touch is the big 'S' that links the phrase together), and the Squirtle leaning on its edge has a cool pose that gives the logo some fun personality.

Edit: You're free to listen to GOAO if that's what they want, but I feel that first sketch is already very coherent and cleverly designed as is.
thanks for the feedback! I can easily incorporate the blocky text into the second sketch's text (no linked mutual 's' though rip), but ultimately, I'll listen to GOAO's decisions. ;v;

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
GOAO

once I get a considerable amount of lineart done, I won't be changing anything 0:
I also plan to add a parasol behind squirtle because it's looking pretty chill in those shades d:

EDIT: parasol added

Last edited:

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
Could I get some art for PU what's their last? Now that it looks like the project won't die in a month like normal, the OP looks really lame.
hihi!
here's a uh,,, I came up with two really (really) messy ideas? ;v;
those horrible messy scribbles are supposed to be pokemon (the ones from your first team), and that cursive thing is supposed to be a rope connected to the curtain. 0:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hihi!
here's a uh,,, I came up with two really (really) messy ideas? ;v;
those horrible messy scribbles are supposed to be pokemon (the ones from your first team), and that cursive thing is supposed to be a rope connected to the curtain. 0:
Uh, the left one I guess since I can barely understand the right two. I'm not too concerned with it being totally amazing anyway, a simple theme is fine

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
Uh, the left one I guess since I can barely understand the right two. I'm not too concerned with it being totally amazing anyway, a simple theme is fine
aa sorry! the right is the given team next to a curtain that supposedly hides their "last". ;v; hope that clears it up a bit.

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
Megazard so sorry, I've been busy these last two days and have only been able to start working on your req now! ;v; here's the sketch so far:
I can't handwriting, much less cursive. ;o; perhaps I could just have the rope attach from the curtain to the "w" in "what's" and then do each letter/punctuation separately. also, I'm going to move jumpluff down a tiny bit. I, uh... forgot to think about perspective when I was drawing metang whops, but I think I can fix that a bit by making the curve under its eyes less,,, curvy.

as before, once I've made considerable progress with the lineart, I won't be making any changes. ;v;

EDIT: picture updated to lineart,,, I couldn't, I really couldn't do the rope thing and I'm tired and want to sleep so yeah rip. the font used here is Canter, with Mirador as the punctuation. >wo)b

lol metang is a table

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Requesting a piece for the XY index that will soon be onsite - could be something a bit busy like the piece found here or something more simple like the piece found here. Only requirement I guess would be that it has to be a Gen 6 Pokemon (though Mega is okay I guess). Appreciate it!

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
Requesting a piece for the NU viability rankings, as the current art has Gurdurr which is no longer NU, only requirement is that it should have Tauros and the rest of the Pokemon should be from A+ on the rankings.

Thanks in advance.
I've got some good ideas for this, not sure if I'm the type of guy for this, but I wanna participate.

In the meanwhile, here's a very crummy and thick-lined sketch I made of what I plan. Hopefully I can finish the true and (hopefully) way better version by this week or something.

I picked Magmortar out of the A+ guys, and out of that I ended up playing up a bit the whole "bulls get angry at red" thing. Hahah.
I may have also made that Mega Audino a bit small, though again, this is not at all near the final product.

I'll try to show the actual WIP the quickest possible. Hopefully I can actually be of assistance!

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Requesting a piece for the NU viability rankings, as the current art has Gurdurr which is no longer NU, only requirement is that it should have Tauros and the rest of the Pokemon should be from A+ on the rankings.

Thanks in advance.
How many Pokemon does it need to have?
I don't mind doing one with Tauros, Mega Audino, Musharna and Rotom.

Requesting a piece for the XY index that will soon be onsite - could be something a bit busy like the piece found here or something more simple like the piece found here. Only requirement I guess would be that it has to be a Gen 6 Pokemon (though Mega is okay I guess). Appreciate it!
Whenever I think of Smogon, I think of Talonflame and Greninja.
That's why I'm having this in mind:
smogon- frog bird.jpg

Basically a Greninja jumping onto a Talonflame during a battle.

If you are fine with it, I'll clean the lines and color it.

Last edited:
So is the picture ok?
I think it's finished.
Yeah looks fine, tho you probably want blitz's approval not mine.

Although to me, the greninja looks somewhat weird in the picture. I can't really put my finger on why exactly, but i think it has something to do with its positioning and the fact that greninja's so much smaller than talon while canonically its actually bigger than it.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Artistic liberty I guess? I think it looks fine and adjusting the size proportions might look weird but I can ask someone.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok so I am hoping someone can take this on since it is a semi-big request, but here it goes!

I would love someone to make a banner for my OM, Got Talent?. My idea for it is for the name to be in the banner with Chesnaught beefed up and wearing the Libre Pikachu's outfit while Uxie with a book and wearing PhD Pikachu's outfit is on the opposite side of the OM's name. I would also love a shiny Mega Lopunny in Pop-Star Pikachu's outfit because that is just such a cute image, I cannot pass that opportunity up.
(PhD)
(Libre)
(Pop Star)

While I am not skilled in the way of how big it should be, something of this size in the image here would be nice.

I know this may be a ton of work, but I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance n_n

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Artistic liberty I guess? I think it looks fine and adjusting the size proportions might look weird but I can ask someone.
smogon- frog bird b.png
Changed the pose. You never replied my pm.

Size<-- even in the same species, Pokemon sizes do vary, at least that's what they have planned for Pokemon GO and probably future games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)