Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v4 (CLOSE)

(Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 192 Atk / 64 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sharpen
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Entei @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Howl
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge

Gyarados @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 72 HP / 188 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Rest

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

sharpen diancie seemed interesting enough to build around, plus it's a 1 pkmn core so I had the freedom to go in whichever direction I wanted. entei was a pretty interesting option after diancie. It's very bulky and threatens almost all of diancies checks, entei also benefits from magic bounce, and substitute gives it the benefit of spreading ailments behind cover. gyarados is another pkmn that benefits from magic bounce's protection, dd chesto/rest seemed like a great endgame option after sharpen diancie rips the opposing team. scarf ttar was added to lift the teams speed tier and to also give it an option to trap threats like gengar, latios, and latias. ferrothorn was added for hazard support and for key resistances to electric, water, fairy, rock. chople berry for emergencies, you could also use shed shell or leftovers if that's what you prefer. slowbro was added for extra water resist + fighting type resist.

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Ever since I heard this theme in the anime, I've literally been playing this song on repeat for the last 2 days *-*
ericaroselia's core:

A Lie (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 Spe
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Lovers' Relations (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Fake Out

Shide no Tori (Azumarill) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Back-channeling (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Bonds (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Ominous (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
So if I'm going to be perfectly honest, I really hate Celebi and think its a pretty awful Pokemon. It provides less role compression than it seems like it would in the teambuilder, thanks in part to weaknesses to like 1738 different types. It's not even a really good SD passer. I think if you want a Pokemon to fill the role of an SD passer, Gliscor is better, and less expected, allowing it to be more effective. The only set that I would call even slighly acceptable is CM Pass, and maybe a utility set with Thunder Wave. However, the specified core is Celebi, so here's the team!

The first thing I did was change Celebi's spread to outpace max Speed Heatran. With almost every Heatran being a running speedy Utility variant now, I wanted Celebi to be able to SD up on the switch, and then Baton Pass out before being Taunted or Lava Plumed. I didn't really feel like playing 5 on 6, which is basically what you're playing if you can't even get off your Baton Pass. This ended up definitely being a worthwhile change that came into effect almost every single time I ended up facing a Heatran. Next I added Lum Berry Azumarill, which I think in general is a fantastic recipient for SD Pass, and also pairs nicely with Mega Lopunny, appreciating its ability to weaken the likes of Mega Venusaur, Defensive Landorus (into Aqua Jet range), Ferrothorn, Tank Garchomp etc etc, whilst in return, weakening bulky Ground- and Steel-types, and also providing key resists to Fire, Water, Fighting, and Ice and threatening offense with its SD boosted priority. Next is Choice Scarf Landorus-T. Originally a Tank Garchomp, Scarf Landorus provides a neccesary Ground and Electric immunity, alongside a form of Speed control and a way to grab momentum. Landorus is another Pokemon that can be deadly when passed an SD, but also comprises of the main way to check Electric-types such as Mega Manectric and Thundurus, so play with it carefully. After that you've got fast Defensive Rotom-W, which is probably one of the top 5 Pokemon that somehow ends up on every team I make. On the original variant of this with Tank Garchomp, I had the ability to run max Defense Rotom, since Garchomp was able to check the likes of Mega Scizor and Bisharp. However, making the change to Choice Scarf Landorus means that Rotom now becomes one of the main Bisharp checks, thus the reason why Rotom is EVd to outspeed it. Fast Rotom alongside Landorus-T provides a nice Volt-Turn core to safely bring in the likes of Mega Lopunny and Azumarill to do the heavy lifting, so try to abuse it as much as possible. Lastly, we have SpD Jirachi. On the original version of the team, this was the Choice Scarf Pokemon, but the lack of reliable answer to the likes of Mega Gardevoir, Latios, and Kyurem-B necessitated this change. Jirachi is your Stealth Rock setter, and another Pokemon that grabs momentum with U-Turn. Jirachi also has Healing Wish, which is especially nice on a team like this that really only comprises of a few win conditions. It's nice to be able to Healing Wish back a Pokemon that's got a good matchup, especially when Rocky Helmet users like Tank Garchomp or Landorus are so common, its easy to have your physical attackers chipped away at quickly. You can change Landorus back to Tank Garchomp and Jirachi back to Choice Scarf if you like. You could also try Fire Punch on Jirachi if you feel you're too weak to Mega Scizor. It's up to you.

Nicknames are, again, just some tracks from anime that I like, so feel free to disregard them. Replays here, here, and here if you want to see the team in action. Shoutout to starry blanket who helped me with a few edits. Enjoy!

HailFall's request of Mega Blastoise

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Weavile @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-Turn
- Taunt

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

So the request was to build a Hazard stacking team around Mega Blastoise. For Blastoise, I chose the standard set with RS, Scald, Dark Pulse, and Aura Sphere with a bit more speed than usual. The given investment allows you to outspeed 8 speed Lando-T and maximizes special attack with the rest of the EVs dumped into HP. For hazards, I went with a fairly common core of Ferrothorn + Lando-T. I chose these two because they are arguably the best Spikes and SR setters in the meta, respectively, and getting up hazards reliably is obviously the goal of this squad. Both movesets are pretty standard. Next, I knew that a Pursuit trapper was a natural fit to trap hazard removers like the Latis and Starmie, so I opted to add Banded Weavile to the team because it was a nice mix of both power and speed. I wanted something that could clean alongside Weavile and give it more trapping opportunities. I also needed something to patch up the team's stall weakness, so LO Torn-T was a pretty solid fit. Hurricane + Heat Wave gets pretty good coverage and allows for quite a bit of damage output. U-Turn gives trapping opportunities to Weavile and helps to prevent Torn from getting trapped itself while Taunt shuts down most everything on stall. The last slot was kind of a toss up with the major weaknesses being Mega Manectric and some steels like Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn - mostly I was looking for a solid win condition that could handle or lure in those weaknesses. I settled on Clefable because it accomplishes that and acts as a sort of glue for the team. Overall, I think the squad is a solid hazards based team. Hope you like it!

ambipom unviable's request of Mega Gardevoir + a physical fighting type

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Quick Attack

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Mega Gardevoir and CB Terrakion are two very powerful breakers that complement each other nicely. On their own, each of these mons is hard as hell to switch into, and the two become a nightmare when paired together. For this team, I opted for standard movesets for both Gardevoir and Terrakion with the only notable choice being WoW on Gardevoir to catch most steel types. Breakers like Gard and Terrak appreciate slow Volt Switches and U-Turns to bring them in safely, so I picked one of the most common VoltTurn cores of Rotom-W and Landorus-T for the squad. The core fits very well, providing nice protection against steels and the fast attackers that threaten Gard and Terrak. Again, movesets are pretty standard with the only real deviation being SD on Lando-T. I made this choice to prevent Mega Scizor and other set-up sweepers from taking advantage of Lando. I knew that I wanted my own set-up sweeper and some sort of cleaner in the last two slots to help the team's match-up against offense. For the sweeper, I chose BD Azumarill, which does a wonderful job of cleaning offensive teams with +6 Aqua Jets. For the cleaner, Scarf Jirachi was a fitting choice to give the team some assurance against the Latis and fairies. On top of that, it can flinch everything after Gard/Terrak/Azu have blown holes in the opposing team. Also, HWish is always nice to give any of the team's numerous threats a second chance to wreak havoc. I like this team quite a bit on the whole, and I hope you do to!

Last edited:

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

So Mega-Medicham is someone that I have tried to build around lately without much succes, so I figured I'd see if one of you would give it a go. Change around the sets as you see fit, my usual teams tend to end up as balanced and I guess that's my favourite way of playing.
Taking this one.

im requesting Specs Keldeo + LO Nidoking. Very cool core with the hard hitting Keldeo and Nidoking which pressures lots of teams. im having a hard time coming up with members for these two so if you guys could help that would be great :)

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Focus Blast
and this one. DennisEG

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey PanierGarnis , I made a team with the same concept so i highly recommend you to check it out here , i adjust the Pokemon so ill leave you the new importable. You can change the set of Tornadus-T and try AV, or get rid off heat wave for HP Ice.
Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Memento

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Ancient Power
- Roost

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 144 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Hello Karyu I saw Zoroark and decided to give it a try, and tbh isnt a good mon at all for OU, nonetheless is really fun. I started with a basic offensive build of Keldeo + Lando + Latias. Keldeo is here to break fat wall for Zoroark or viceversa, Lando is the all around blank check for phys threats, Yache is the item of choice because after i finish the build was kinda weak to electric types, and latias defog + hw support. Next i needed a backup check for birds and complete the volt turn core so my Specs mons dont take any unecessary damage, and last my mega of choice is Zor, as check fairies which the team is really weak to those. The idea behind this team is basically lure out Heatran and skarmory with zoroark disguise of Scizor.
Zoroark @ Choice Specs
Ability: Illusion
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Trick
- Sludge Bomb

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Wolf Turds never ever build around mega aggron on OU so i thought it would be fun. I modify a bit the aggron spread so after a RP you outspeed stuff like lopu and manectric, then i add heatran as i saw that all 3 mons struggle against fat water types, so power herb tran with rocks bait those mons easily so you can trap them and kill them after, next scarf lando as the team lacks of speed, and is a nice pivot in general against sand teams. And last Latios as my zard y check and hazard control, this pokemon is really important to check manaphy as i said the team is very slow and vulnerable to this Pokemon. Also handle fighting types such as medicham, and heracross. Decide that surf was better because dont have much for heatran bar gastrodon and scarf lando(which isnt a switchin), you can go tbolt or psyshock but i really think Surf is the best option here.
Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earth Power

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ma man Jhonx~ finally finish this build, sorry for that. The core points in a offensive build, but i decided to make it more balance-ish, both mons really suffer with electric types so my first mon was scarf lando, not only because checks electric types but also because bait water types which you can threaten after with Heatran or Breloom. Next mon is clef, this Pokemon is basically the glue of the squad as check lopu, heracross, medicham which are a pain. Flamethrower is better here because i saw amoongus a lot nowondays and after a CM you can threaten a lot, while also weakened for Gyara at +1. Another fuction of clef here is for mega sable so you cant risk heatran against it. Next my Keld answer and spinner. And last Loom, loom as i said threaten or get rid off bulky water for gyara late game, as well is my check for Bish and exca under sand. Espero te guste mmg :] .
Gyarados @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 72 HP / 184 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Rest

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Solar Beam

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Moonblast

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Superpower

PS: Lando is so good.

Last edited:

su1p

formerly VKadenius
+

this core has good synergy. nidoqueen is great at weakening lopunny switch-ins such as clefable and skarmory. nidoqueen over nidoking because im a hipster. nidoqueen can also set up rocks easier than nidoking because of the bulk. lopunny is self-explanatory so i wont talk about it too much.

i hope that someone can build around this. thanks in advance

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Sludge Wave
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
-Fake Out
-High Jump Kick
-Return
-Power-Up Punch

Modern meta is all about Dark types: Bisharp, Crawdaunt, Tyranitar, Weavile, etc. Cobalion takes advantage of this with his great defensive typing, good defenses, and reasonable speed. Looking for a team that can take advantage of these things, though no real qualms about play style or moveset. Thanks!

So, anyone think a Specs Goodra offense team might be worth it? I've heard good things about it and I wanna give it a shot, but I'm trash at teambuilding.

Goodra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast / Muddy Water

Modern meta is all about Dark types: Bisharp, Crawdaunt, Tyranitar, Weavile, etc. Cobalion takes advantage of this with his great defensive typing, good defenses, and reasonable speed. Looking for a team that can take advantage of these things, though no real qualms about play style or moveset. Thanks!
I will release my wcop semis team if i feel like it and the time is right. Otherwise someone else feel free to build with it, but please use a special set. To everyone else I am building for, I have worked on all of them, but I haven't gotten the builds to be as good as I want, and I haven't had time to improve upon them. I'll finish them as soon as I can.

I hear Mega-Sableye is a very, very good Pokémon on any team, but I'm not very experienced in using it. I want to use the Calm Mind set for the team I have in mind and I want it to be a bulky offensive team, cuz that sounds fun.

Bejeweled (Sableye) (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Dark Pulse / Will-O-Wisp (I'll let you guys decide as the team shapes, though I learn more towards Dark Pulse)

Hello Builders! First time posting a core here, so here goes! Requesting a team around:
691.png

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Scald

Pretty typical specs Dragalge set, tried to make it work but never got far with it, so seeing if you guys can! feel free to adjust moves/spread if you see fit, would be looking towards probably balanced offense with this

Hi everyone, I'm requesting a team for the first time

+

I have always liked the combination of an offensive Pokémon with protect + Toxic Spikes, so I tried to do the something with Mega Diancie, but I can't manage to make it work

The main problem with this combo is the fact that the Mega Diancie's biggest fear are Steel Types... which are inmune to Toxic Spikes (This combo worked better with Mega Blaziken, which destroyed every steel type around)

I'm honestly fine with any Mega Diancie set, but I ussualy don't like running HP Fire just because of the less speed

Last edited:
Hello fellow OU Teambuilders! I was wondering if I could request a balanced team based on two of my favorite pokemon.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch/ Ice Punch

upload_2016-7-26_9-15-50.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

I've only recently made a return back to the competitive scene due to losing a bit of my edge and love for it but with Sun and Moon drawing closer, I figured I would jump back into it now with a team based around these two guys to prepare me for the future metagame. With M-Lopunny being one of my favorite MEvos in general, It's hard not to notice some of the things she brings to the tier especially with her Attack/Speed stats as well as her niche. Zapdos, being one of my favorite legendary 'mons, was added to the core because I really enjoy being able to stall with pressure and take advantage of his defenses and recovery. The movesets are pretty standard here but I'm always open to suggestions and changes.

Thanks~

p2

Banned deucer.
request:
+

requested by: SuperQQ on page 13 post 301

Hi, sorry for the long wait, I was just occupied with doing other stuff but I finally got around to making this. So went with CM Mega Latias and CB Terrakion because I'm not a fan of non-CB Terrakion and I just threw SD Weavile alongside to accumulate a shit ton of pressure onto opposing teams which they do pretty well and can break into each others checks like Lando/Chomp/Clef etc, I went with Ferro here because Spike stacking abuses this insane wallbreaking potential and ramps it up further and can put a ton of pressure onto the likes of opposing Ferrothorn when it comes to trying to beat Mega Latias, Spikes are the best so yeah can't go wrong with using them, Heatran patches up holes to stuff like Mega Scizor which can really exploit this build so mostly keep an eye on that and keep Tran alive for as long as Sciz is. Scarf Lando-T brings speed control and another ground immunity which you can't go wrong with, it also provides some sort of buffer against stuff like Mega Lopunny which can be annoying to deal with, but it can be worn down with Spikes, priority, and Mega Latias being bulky as hell. So yeah, enjoy.

oh yeah sand is a bit of a bitch to face here something you can do are make tran balloon, but i think this team is capable of pressuring it fine
Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Recover

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Quick Attack

Weavile @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

This was probably my last team I'll be posting for the workshop but I'd like to thank Dennis and the guys for taking me on board a while back, I've enjoyed being a part of the team and learned a lot as a builder during my time here. pce

Last edited:

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Earthquake / Fire Fang

Hey, I wanted to request a team around dd ttrum. I've tried building with this a few times but nothing ever really clicked :/. Well this is a pretty scary mon to face if you actually let it set up. Rock is great offensive typing and since ttrum hits so hard at +1 it screws over a lot of people who don't run something like hippo to take it on. Feel free to change the moves or items or whatever, however I would prefer that the set used was still dd. Idc what kind of team this is made on.

Hello builders
I wanted to request a balanced or offense team around Gengar.
It has been a long time since I saw a team with gengar and it's sad, because I think it has much to offer to the tier.

I'm fine with any Gengar set you think is the very best.
I'll be very greatful
Thanks!

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Requesting an offensive team with Swords Dance Crawdaunt, i think that this pokemon is good because it has a good matchup against bulkier teams and is a really cool sweeper/wallbreaker, after a Swords Dance it is 1hko on Ferrothorn with Knock Off and on Azumarill after a little prior damage, Crabhammer also hits pretty hard even when unboosted and Aqua Jet makes it easier to sweep since at +2 it defeats many frail pokemon, being fairly hard to revenge kill.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Requesting an offensive team with swords dance lucario, i think it's a great sweeper in this metagame, iron tail is preferred, i'd like to see it having that move but you really need it, change to ice punch or maybe even crunch but probably iron tail will work better.

Hi, I would like a team based on these two Pokemon.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Quick Attack
- U-turn / Fire Punch

This core is based on overloading common checks for Mega Pinsir. The common Pokemon used to handle Diggersby are Rotom-W, Zapdos, Landorus-T, Thundurus and Mega Latias because most are expecting a Swords Dance or Earthquake. However, Diggersby smacks them in the face with a Choice Banded Return, which leaves them in a poor condition to handle Mega Pinsir afterwards. U-turn allows you to safely bring in your sweepers for momentum but Fire Punch allows you to punish reckless Skarmory switch-ins. Maybe it's just me theorymonning and this core really isn't viable at all.

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Fly
- Dragon Dance

- Toxic Spikes

Requesting Sub DD fly Dragonite + a Toxic spiker on a team together. Toxic Spikes works very well in tandem with this Dragonite set, as you can simultaneously set up while also stalling out many Pokemon. Finding the right toxic spiker has been a challenge for me, so I'm hoping I can get help here.

*Re-requesting this :)

(I hope 3 'mon cores are okay to request. I didn't see any rule preventing the request of them, so that's why I'm requesting one now.)
248.png
647.png
385.png
This is the already awesome Keldeo + Pursuit Trapper core complemented by Specially Defensive Jirachi, a pokémon rising in popularity that lures specific pokémon for Keldeo and offers a safe wall to back against. It also lures certain Fire-types and Fire type moves for Tyranitar to safely switch into. Jirachi also covers the Fairy weakness of the core and can cripple many pokémon with Body Slam for the slower Tyranitar. It also has semi-reliable recovery move in Wish and can pass 202 HP Wishes to Keldeo or Tyranitar. For the roles; Tyranitar is used as the wallbreaker and Pursuit Trapper, Keldeo is the second wallbreaker and lastly, Jirachi is the pivot that offers Wish support.

So... moving on to how I've chosen this core. I've been in love with choiced Tyranitar sets recently and wanted to try BandTtar in a balance team. I believe BandTtar is the better choiced set to use for Pursuit Trapping as it doesn't miss the OHKO's on the Lati's with Pursuit and doesn't need that much of speed for this role, which gives it the remaining EV's to bolster its bulk. I decided to use Keldeo with this Tyranitar variant, as I thought Tyranitar's ability to Pursuit-trap pesky Lati's and Starmie would be helpful to the musketeer. Keldeo is a pokémon that I frequently use, I really like its wallbreaking capabilities and the huge offensive pressure it applies on the foe. I previously used Keldeo with Life Orb Weavile because I wanted to see the destructive power of these two offensive powerhouses, but soon wanted a more reliable Pursuit Trapper.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe (default, for Mega Hera) OR 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe (for Heatran) OR 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe (for Skarmory)
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower / Ice Punch

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind / Hidden Power [Electric]

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam / Toxic
- Wish
- Protect /Toxic / Stealth Rock

Choice Banded Tyranitar was EV'ed to dispose of Heatran leads with Superpower on Turn 1 and to dent Mega Heracross with Stone Edge before it destroys the Godzilla of the Sand with Close Combat. Ice Punch is slashed since lead Heatran seems to be getting rarer and it's taken care of by Keldeo anyways. This makes outspeeding Skarmory sufficient, too. I almost always use the standard Specs Keldeo set. Even though Tyranitar takes care of the Lati's, I didn't want them to use Defog freely so I kept Icy Wind. Specially Defensive Jirachi uses Body Slam instead of Toxic to mitigate the rather slow balance archetype and Protect was added to barely survive some specific 2HKO's thanks to the Leftovers recovery, scout moves, bluff switches along with Wish, and to safely get the Wish recovery.

I'm okay with these changes if it will make the team more viable:

The team can be altered to bulky offense if balance turns out to be impossible to form with the core.
Keldeo can use the SubCM set if having two choiced pokémon in the team is not a good idea, and I might need a setup sweeper for my balance team.
The default Tyranitar set I've included is EV'ed to outpace standard Mega Heracross since I'm paranoid about that 'mon. If the built team won't have difficulties with it, outspeeding Heatran is fine by me.
I'd like to keep the moves on Tyranitar and Keldeo. I want Tyranitar to donk Heatran leads and Keldeo to punish Lati@s switch-ins. If those threats are covered with the lead (or anti-lead) and the rest of the team, any tweak to their sets are welcome. Just saying, my first thought on Keldeo for the last slot was HP Electric for Gyara switch-ins.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Requesting an offensive team with swords dance lucario, i think it's a great sweeper in this metagame, iron tail is preferred, i'd like to see it having that move but you really need it, change to ice punch or maybe even crunch but probably iron tail will work better.
Taking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)