Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v4 (CLOSE)

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
+Toxic Spiker
Requesting MegaCharx+ToxicSpikes. Toxic Spikes very help charx against Counters/Checks like Hippowdon or Mega Slowbro
I'll take this. Might change it to Jolly, though.

Reactions: dk

H.M.N.I.P

https://youtu.be/pIr6TjG7Rko
is a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

I think Zygarde is a very unique and underrated Pokemon. I know at least one of you out there agrees with me. Look at all those hexagons! I find the SubCoil set to be particularly fun. It's insanely bulky, and having 101 HP subs that aren't broken by Foul Play or Seismic Toss is extremely nice. What I'm looking for is a bulky offense team with some nice hazards for Zygarde to take advantage of. Thank you in advance! I really appreciate this.
Taking this one. I'm going to post the team tomorrow afternoon!

Core: by AAamen

[URL='http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-teambuilding-workshop-v4-close.3570296/page-18#post-6954537'] [URL='http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-teambuilding-workshop-v4-close.3570296/page-18#post-6954537'] [URL='http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-teambuilding-workshop-v4-close.3570296/page-18#post-6954537'] [URL='http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-teambuilding-workshop-v4-close.3570296/page-18#post-6954537'] [URL='http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-teambuilding-workshop-v4-close.3570296/page-18#post-6954537'] [/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray

Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Focus Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 8 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp / Healing Wish
- U-turn
- Trick / Healing Wish

I have a disease.

Toxic Spikes + Charizard X is a tough combination because every vaguely viable Toxic Spiker stacks weaknesses to Ground and Dragon while rarely providing the necessary role compression for a Charizard X build. This actually came together pretty quickly because Genesis7 had a similar build around this core a long time ago and I thought it was one of the most consistent routes that one could take.

Tentacruel is one of the only Toxic Spikers that you'll find for a consistent build, and it compresses a fair few roles as the obligatory hazard control, the Toxic Spike setter, and Clefable / Keldeo / Azumarill check to some extent. 264 Speed lets you outspeed all Breloom and Bisharp and hit them with the amazing move known as Scald. Acid Spray forces down Talonflame and Clefable's special defense, preventing them from using Tentacruel as total setup fodder. Charizard has 104 HP and enough Speed to outpace Scarf Landorus at +1. 104 HP lets you set up on Rotom-W a little more comfortably than 72 HP, and the Attack still hits nearly all of the crucial benchmarks as before; Clefable and Scarf Landorus-T still fall to Flare Blitz at +1 nearly all of the time. Tyranitar takes on Talonflame and Latios, which both otherwise harass the core and can clear hazards in Latios' case, and provides some speed control so that you don't have to sack Charizard to take a Thunder Wave from Thundurus and can take on Starmie. Be careful to not take too much damage with Tyranitar in Latios + Talonflame matchups.

I finished the team up with a combination of Keldeo + Landorus + Jirachi because, while it's standard, it was the most effective pairing in terms of covering obvious weaknesses. Specs Keldeo pressures out the Ground-type checks to Charizard X and handles Weavile / Bisharp, while also taking advantage of Toxic Spikes for checks like Slowbro and Starmie. Keldeo nails Sableye in a 1v1 with Hydro Pump, too, which is nice to have. HP Grass because everything is really annoyed by a Gastrodon and Azumarill if you can't force it to take Toxic Spikes, although Focus Blast kind of handles Gastrodon if you don't miss and also handles Rotom / Manaphy better. Landorus takes on opposing Excadrill, Charizard and Lopunny, as per usual. 88 Spe on Landorus so that you outspeed neutral natured Breloom, Bisharp, and Volcanion. HP Ice to lure out opposing Landorus-T, which can otherwise Rock on you and then escape without being affected by Toxic Spikes. Finally, the team wants a true Steel-type for Latios and Clefable and better speed control than Tyranitar, so Scarf Jirachi fits well here. Healing Wish will be better against offenses, but Trick makes your stall matchup a fair bit better because you can cripple say the Skarmory and prevent it from Defogging, then just burn Sableye with Tentacruel if you've already managed to get rid of Amoonguss. Have fun man [:

The insanely fire version is below, here:

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin

Goons. I had this team sitting around as an alternate submission for the shop earlier, and I may as well air it since it's a funny team at least. Suicide lead TSpikes + Bisharp to dissuade Defog + Starmie for Spin and Scarf Landorus for speed control. Sash Breloom because this build clicks X vs Talonflame. Timid on Omastar because you can outspeed Garchomp and base 100s I guess after Weak Armor activates, but Modest is better for Sableye. Omastar is garbage, but it does have surprise value.

These teams are...
Toxic.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

H.M.N.I.P

Waxman Zaggins's core:

(since it's my first post, I start with an Italian song)

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock

Ferrothorn (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Description: when i firstly saw Zygarde from the 'Unclaimed Requests', I thought it was the perfect Pokémon for my first team in this workshop. As soon as I've seen it, I've instantly thought that Mega Scizor was the perfect partner for it. The idea started from one of my post in Infernal's Good Cores thread (which is this one), in which I show all the advantages, and the perfect synergy of it. I decided to go with the Bulky Swords Dance: 248 HP and 16 in Defense let it take 2 Earthquakes from max Attack Adamant Landorus, so that it can easily set up on him. 200 EVs in Special Defense are there for letting it tank at least a 2HKO from Clefable's Fire Blasts and Diancie's HP Fires. Now I was thinking that with these two mons, the best option was a solid Bulky Offense build, with a solid hazard stacking, as it can help them to do cheap damage on every switchin, and, in particular, they can help Zygarde to do massive damage thanks to his Dragon Tail + Coil combination. Clefable, now, was a really good option since this main core struggled a lot against Electric type mons with the right coverage (Flamethrower/Overheat Manectric and Incinerate Thundurus). With its nice bulk and the access to both Stealth Rocks and Thunder Wave, which helps a lot for crippling fast threatning mons like Medicham or Tornadus, it fits really well right now. I needed a good Spikes setter: Ferrothorn came to my mind. Since mons like CroCune and Mega Slowbro were really boring, Leech Seed support plus a solid Grass STAB were really good in this case. With Ferrothorn, this team was incredibly weak to threats like Stallbreaker Mew, Charizard (Both X and Y), Volcarona, Talonflame, Venusaur or even opposing Scizors. Heatran was the perfect filler: with the combination of Magma Storm, Taunt and Toxic, it can easily take down most of those threats. It also has a perfect synergy with the rest of the team, which is something to mention. The only thing that we were missing right now, was the defogger/spinner. Since we are running a hazard stacking, my pick was Starmie: this one was pretty simple! It completes the FWG core with Heatran and Ferrothorn and it prevents threats like Keldeo or Volcanion from sweeping the entire team. Psyshock over status or Reflect Type, since Starmie will be your main switchin for the mons previously said, which, in this case, aren't affected by the Water STAB in an effective way.

Since this team lacks of a Ground Immunity, I can suggest two changes that you can make in order to prevent troubles in some situations.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Latios over Starmie as Hazard Removal (this means that you have a more offensive approach with the team

EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 8 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Landorus over Clefable as Rocker (this means that you become more weak to Electric type mons with the right coverage).

For now this is all. Hope you like the team!:toast:

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hey Bashslash and Zimzy i took both of your requested and put them together. First add a sand check because both of the mons are really weak to it, LandorusT provide a solid answer as well rocks which are needed for Diancie as can secure 2hko on chansey after rocks and prior damage, Knock off is here to get rid of basically of shed shells so magneton can trap all the steels. Next is Latios, it is my Keldeo answer and really good way to force some switches, as well baiting steels for magnezone. You can use Surf, Defog, or CM as u wish tbh. Next is LO endeavor Keld paired with CB Tar in last slot, this core is my initial answer to break fat builds. An alternative on keldeo is Taunt > Endeavor which works fine too. Enjoy !
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Surf / Defog / Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Endeavor

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Hello Jordn really cool to build around uncommon mons. First mon i add was Clefable to complete the Fairy, Steel, Dragon core and keep sableye under control. Next is my bird check Rotom-W, I choose twave over wow here because I already have clef to lure steels and twave is really needed here to handle zard X. My mega is Lopunny, as fake out paired with Tspikes can wear down quickly its checks as all are grounded, Quick attack fuction as the same, sometimes after toxic damage and fake out you can pick them of with quick attack, also help me against faster megas such kazam. Last is Latias just because i need a solid Keld and electric types answer as it is more bulky than its twin, also latias lure more easy steel types such as Scizor, as you can see team is super scizor weak. Another option is run doble status rotom dropping pain split but then birds are pain, so i think dropping HW for HP Fire on latias is better. Enjoy
Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Toxic Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Fly
- Dragon Dance

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split / Will o Wisp

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power Fire / Healing Wish
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Hello Builders! First time posting a core here, so here goes! Requesting a team around: View attachment 66132

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Scald

Pretty typical specs Dragalge set, tried to make it work but never got far with it, so seeing if you guys can! feel free to adjust moves/spread if you see fit, would be looking towards probably balanced offense with this
I'll grab this, but I'm going to change up the set a bit.

Hello,

I was wondering if a builder here can make a sand offensive team around Medicham-M? I just really like its wall breaking ability and this its plays okay with sand offense. I do have a RMT with this core but it's very outdated. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/musha-shugyo-peaked-14th-1790-elo.3542323/ Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut / Bullet-Punch
- High Jump Kick

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

hi

im sorry to come back with another dank meme XD

build with freeze dry mamo plzz it has like 2 switchins

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty/Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 72 SpD / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

hello. so i was thinking of this set with volcarona and in theory it sounds p nice. most balance teams lack solid switchins to things like mgarde cube and serperior, but with volcarona it can wall all of them out. i'd like to see how this can be used on a balance team. thanks :^D

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch/Superpower

Used the SD Crawdaunt team on the top of the page for a few games and it never set up once, so I thought Band would put in more work. I like the idea of clicking Knock Off or Crabhammer without really needing to think and seeing shit die.

Reactions: dk
Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch/Superpower

Used the SD Crawdaunt team on the top of the page for a few games and it never set up once, so I thought Band would put in more work. I like the idea of clicking Knock Off or Crabhammer without really needing to think and seeing shit die.
Taking.

Hello my first request here,
My Core:

I recentlc got my hands on an HP Ice Thundurus so i wanted to build a team with him and i got an Lopunny in my box wich ive never used^^(its still OU even tho im will use this team on showdown and wifi)
Sets:

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I hope some one is willing to build a team for me :)

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

I am requesting a team with Darmanitan. Darmanitan is currently unranked in the VRs, which surprised me a bit. It's a really hard hitter, with its huge base 140 Atk stat, coupled with moves such as Flare Blitz, Stone Edge, and Earthquake to hit hard against the opposing team, and U-Turn for powerful pivoting. Although it gets whittled down very quickly due to Rocks + Flare Blitz recoil, it hits like a truck. Below, I've added some calcs of Darm's sheer power.

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 210-247 (54.9 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 535-630 (83.3 - 98.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 112 Def Mega Sableye: 304-358 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 244 HP / 8 Def Gliscor: 331-390 (94 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 423-498 (107.3 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Focus Blast / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam

I wanted to use this for a really long time. I would love to see how you guys would build a team around it, if possible!

H.M.N.I.P

hi

im sorry to come back with another dank meme XD

build with freeze dry mamo plzz it has like 2 switchins

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Naughty/Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry
Since Terry's core was already taken, I'm building a team on this one. If I manage to do it, I'm going to post it tomorrow afternoon!

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Aqua Tail/Earthquake
- Poison Jab/Rock Slide
- Protect/Swords Dance/Baton Pass

Scolipede is Pokemon that is really underrated in my opinion, but the main problem is always its weakness to T Flame and in general having 4MSS. It has a ton of coverage, and can actually smack the entire tier with its vast array of coverage moves, plus being able to Baton Pass boosts. It gets past popular things like Lando T, Tangrowth, Mega Medicham, 2HKOs Rotom-W, OHKOs Heatran, OHKOs birds trying to come in. It really is just a straight monster and an underrated one at that. So, I'd like a team to be built around Scolipede.

Lola (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch

Bugs (Diggersby) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Quick Attack

This something ive been wanting to try out for fun now that im done w GO:OD OU but i just dont the time to do so rn. Just from looking at the duo gives off an offense pressure. Banded Diggs gets rid of Lops checks and allows it set up. You can change the sets if youd like as well. Thanks in advance! :]

Yep, I'm looking for a team built around this little guy. I'd like the team to include the All-out Attacker set if possible.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast/ Flare Blitz
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot/ Hidden Power Ice

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

Requesting a team around this guy. Sacred Fire deals stupid damage when boosted by Choice Band and punishes a lot of its usual switchins with burns that they don't enjoy and Extremespeed cleans offense spotless lategame, but a pure Fire-type mon that's weak to Stealth Rock and doesn't have the best defensive options can struggle to find its place on a team. Hopefully you guys can do something awesome with it. Balance or bulky offense would be preferred but do whatever you want if that doesn't work out somehow.

Last edited:
Hello my first request here,
My Core:

I recentlc got my hands on an HP Ice Thundurus so i wanted to build a team with him and i got an Lopunny in my box wich ive never used^^(its still OU even tho im will use this team on showdown and wifi)
Sets:

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I hope some one is willing to build a team for me :)
I'd be willing to take this if you're ok with me changing HP Ice to HP Flying for the Showdown version. Main thing HP Flying has over HP Ice is being able to dent stall a bit harder since Amoong isn't living +2 HP Flying, but I doubt you'll be seeing stall on Wifi so...

That ok? I already have a team w/ these two ready to go.

Yo, Karxrida!

(p2's theme song)

Core:

Team Preview (Click for Importable):

Description:

To preface, I'd already built this before you made your request so apologies if I don't fully remember the building process. Regardless, I'll do my best to recap.

CB Daunt is, uh... ridiculous. This thing pretty much singlehandedly dismantles most fat builds, really only needing fat Volt-Turn as far as support. First thing I did after starting with CB Craw was complete the common Sciz + Daunt core you'll find on a lot of Daunt teams. M-Sciz's slow U-turn is a huge boon on Daunt builds for its utility in bringing in Daunt on stuff like Heatran and the occasional Lando, meaning that putting King Lobster itself in a position to snap the opposing team in two is that much easier. From there, I looked to something to alleviate the massive Rotom-W/Keldeo weakness, so I went with Surf/HP Fire Latios. Surf Latios + SD Scizor is a fantastic combo in pretty much every circumstance because of how well Latios lures Sciz's arch-enemy (Heatran); in addition to that, you get solid steel/dragon synergy which is always quite nice. Heatran helps deal with HP fire Latios, Sableye, opposing Scizor, and a plethora of other threats that your bog-standard Toxic/Taunt Tran deals with, all while setting rocks. Final threats to the build were sand offense, offensive flyers, and EQ Zard-X, so my final two picks were standard Rotom-Wash and scarf Chomp. Rotom-Wash is pretty self-explanatory, as it serves as the obligatory sand check and bird check, but Scarf Chomp is pretty rare nowadays so I'll explain my logic: Zard-X w/ EQ 6-0s (or at least gives the team more trouble than it should), so naturally I needed a failsafe. Commonly this failsafe is just a scarfed Lando, but that leaves me susceptible to +1 Volcarona, which Stone Edge Scarf Chomp does not do. So there ya go.

HP Fire Diancie or Diancie + Mag combos can be pretty annoying to deal with, but you have 3 ways to revenge kill Diancie so it shouldn't be too bad. This build doesn't *feel* weak to a lot as most M-Sciz builds tend to sway, so it should play pretty solidly vs. most things.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Durant @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Thunder Fang

This guy can be very destructive, with the support of Stealth Rock and with M-Scizor and Lando weakened.
Hustle + Choice Band provides immediate power. (I did a lot of calculations but I do not want flood here.)
Decent movepool and speed makes a funny wallbreaker.
I do not believe that Stone Edge + Hustle has a decent acc, while Thunder Fang is enough against Skarmory (2hko after Rocks), Talonflame, Gyarados and Charizard Y.

I'd be willing to take this if you're ok with me changing HP Ice to HP Flying for the Showdown version. Main thing HP Flying has over HP Ice is being able to dent stall a bit harder since Amoong isn't living +2 HP Flying, but I doubt you'll be seeing stall on Wifi so...

That ok? I already have a team w/ these two ready to go.
Ye thats alright

H.M.N.I.P

Drangonn.'s core:

(I'm probably just going to post italian music, even if I'm not a big fan of it.)

Pinsir-Mega (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Smack Down

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Ferrothorn (F) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Description: there's a lot to say about this Pokémon. I have to admit that at a first glance I was a bit skeptical that Mamoswine could have worked fine in OverUsed with the set requested, since, most of the times, it's usually seen with the Focus Sash + Endeavor set as a lead (and even in those cases, it isn't a big threat), and in a tier in which Water types like Keldeo, Crawdaunt, Azumarill, Rotom and many others are really dangerous, I thought it was simply a bad mon. I thought that Mega Pinsir was the perfect partner to add since it appreciates a lot Mamo's ability to lure mons like Rotom and Quagsire with Freeze Dry, and other checks of Pinsir like Garchomp, Landorus, Gliscor or Heatran with its dual STAB combination. Pinsir is also a good check to threats like Serperior or Breloom, which is appreciated a lot. As we needed a nice filler, Heatran was the best option, as it can pressure Steel types that otherwise can wall Mamo. It can also take advantage of Mamo's ability to lure Rotom and Slowbro on a switch, so it's a plus. Oh, it also has a nice synergy with both Pinsir and Mamo, as it covers their weaknesses. What the team was needing right now, was a good hazard stacking duo. Landorus instantly came in my mind. Its great bulk and the ability to set Stealth Rocks on basically the entire meta, makes it a great partner. It also provides slow momentum with U-Turn, and it's a reliable Ground Immunity. Now, I had a huge issue: water types. Ferrothorn was perfect: the access to Spikes and Leech Seed for cheap recovery was really good for the team. Another reason for it being added, is the synergy. It basically checks a huge part of the meta with Heatran and Landorus as backbone. Last member is Latios. Defog support is crucial for a team that runs mons that are x4 times weak to Stealth Rocks, and suffers hazards in general. Latios is another check of Fighting types and can hit very hard with its meteors. It's also another Ground immunity, which is always appreciated in this meta.

I'll add here some replays of the team in action:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-424741995 (Against an OLT player with Lopunny Offense.)

Oh and, before I go, huge shoutouts to my boys MONNA LUSA and HQuaze for testing this team on ladder! It went 39-4 and it was really funny to play with it. :toast:

Hi there! I've been fairly absent from PS! so i'm kind of out of teams. Therefore I would like to request one based around this core:
Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 60 Def / 92 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Brief explanation I stole by the Good Cores thread (props to Fugly2) :
Basically what this core does best is weakening each other's checks for the other to sweep, or baiting in certain pokemon that give the other a chance to set up and do massive damage. For example, Scizor can U-turn on a garchomp or lando-t to bring in Weavile, forcing them out and giving you a free Swords Dance. The M-scizor set allows you to switch in on a draco-meteor from a latios and still live the -2 HP fire after rocks.

This team can't handle steel-types and keldeo that well(however weavile can weaken a keldeo for a scizor to kill with +2 bullet punch), so finding a partner that helps dealing with them is beneficial.
The preferred playstyle is Bulky Offense, as I'm not too keen on HO, and I dont know if the core would fit a Balance (if so Balance could be fine as well). Thank you very much in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)