Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, I can't remember the details regarding the ORAS demo data mining, but did we actually manage to get much out of it?

EDIT: Deleted the post

Well, we got all the stats for new megas, all the names of their stones, moveset changes, information about the battle resort/maison changes... We basically got the whole game.

Bar how Mega Rayquaza worked.

At least this time we'll be on guard if something that should have been datamined wasn't.

Bar how Mega Rayquaza worked.

At least this time we'll be on guard if something that should have been datamined wasn't.
Why would they spend the extra money, if you know what I'm saying? IF there is a demo at all. there wasn't one for XY even though they could've, but if there was a demo they would probably not even bother with the extra money to throw out specific chunks of data that won't damage the rom. It's a bit harder than it seems to just remove chunks of code and I'm not sure if they'd really bother it.

I mean, think about it like this, we have gotten this information they've been giving it weeks ahead because of leaks, they aren't paying that much attention on leaks...

Why would they spend the extra money, if you know what I'm saying? IF there is a demo at all. there wasn't one for XY even though they could've, but if there was a demo they would probably not even bother with the extra money to throw out specific chunks of data that won't damage the rom. It's a bit harder than it seems to just remove chunks of code and I'm not sure if they'd really bother it.

I mean, think about it like this, we have gotten this information they've been giving it weeks ahead because of leaks, they aren't paying that much attention on leaks...

I think it's less of 'removing chunks of code' (Though IIRC having Groudon do a Primal Reversion in the demo loaded an Unown model instead) and more of 'the code was not where/what we expected'. We expected a stone, and there wasn't any - then it turns out the condition was a move.

Last edited:
IF there is a demo at all. there wasn't one for XY even though they could've, but if there was a demo they would probably not even bother with the extra money to throw out specific chunks of data that won't damage the rom. It's a bit harder than it seems to just remove chunks of code and I'm not sure if they'd really bother it.
Why go through the process of getting something rated that doesn't exist? They would have had to have a demo done to get that far.

And I'm sure Serebii wouldn't have put this particular bit of info on his site if it wasn't something that could be verified. There will be a demo, the only question is timing.

XY => early WIFI event Pokémon for ingame team, Torchic => ORAS
SM => early WIFI event Pokémon for ingame team, Munchlax => ???

I've just read on reddit that there is a volcanic cone on Hawaii named Diamond Head. There is also Pearl Harbor obviously. Hmmm...

Know I am really late on this, but Munchlax was first Introduced in Gen 4... Pearl, diamond, and Platinum remake confirmed?

Know I am really late on this, but Munchlax was first Introduced in Gen 4... Pearl, diamond, and Platinum remake confirmed?
I don't want to rule this out but I heard people saying there would be a Gen III remake in Gen VI because of the Torchic Distribution.

On the other hand, I would still disagree and say that the Munchlax was given to advertise the Snorlax and Munchlax is a much less broken Pokemon to give at the beginning of the game than Snorlax.

I don't want to rule this out but I heard people saying there would be a Gen III remake in Gen VI because of the Torchic Distribution.

On the other hand, I would still disagree and say that the Munchlax was given to advertise the Snorlax and Munchlax is a much less broken Pokemon to give at the beginning of the game than Snorlax.

That's true, but why snorlax/munchlax? Seems a bit random. I mean, he does get his own z-move, but I imagine a lot of Pokemon getting signature z-moves of which snorlax probably isn't the most popular.

The only Pokemon right now with Signiture Z-Moves that we know of are Gen 1 Pokemon (counting Alola forms as Gen 1)...

Food for thought.

That's true, but why snorlax/munchlax? Seems a bit random. I mean, he does get his own z-move, but I imagine a lot of Pokemon getting signature z-moves of which snorlax probably isn't the most popular.

Munchlax was the first Generation IV Pokémon to be revealed to the public, in May 2004.

The only Pokemon right now with Signiture Z-Moves that we know of are Gen 1 Pokemon (counting Alola forms as Gen 1)...

Food for thought.

How do we even know that none of the other Z-Moves we saw before Pulverizing Pancake were "signature" Z-Moves?

I'm late af but whatever.

As a true crime fan, I really like the criminal-detective theme that Rattata and Gumshoos have going on. And I like the reasoning behind Rattata's change.

Pulverizing Pancake actually made me laugh. It's one of the best things I've seen out of SM.

That being said, with how long the animations are, I doubt z-moves are something I'm personally gonna use in-game often. At least, not the ones exclusive to certain pokemon.

Last edited:
Munchlax doesn't have to foreshadow a DP remake, though. We were given a beldum for the start of ORAS to signify a relation to Steven, an important character to the plot. While it would be poetic for this munchlax to tie into a DP remake as the first commercially released Gen IV pokémon, it seems just as likely that a snorlax could appear prominently on a roster in these games, as well.

I suppose it does forshadow a remake, just like the torchic distribution in XY. At this point I already assume that they will remake DPP
That's two separate things pointing to DPP remakes, first Diamond Head and Peal Harbor and now the Munchlax distribution. While I'd absolutely love remakes I'm remaining skeptical as it could just be a coincidence. I think seeing a lack of gen 4 Pokemon available in Alola will point towards gen 4 remakes but only time will tell.

(Still secretly hoping for an Alolan Torterra with sand and a palm tree)

That's two separate things pointing to DPP remakes, first Diamond Head and Peal Harbor and now the Munchlax distribution. While I'd absolutely love remakes I'm remaining skeptical as it could just be a coincidence. I think seeing a lack of gen 4 Pokemon available in Alola will point towards gen 4 remakes but only time will tell.

The former seems like a coincidence, imo. The latter would make sense.

You know, when I think they picked Hawaii to be the Gen VII's region I don't think they were thinking "say, Hawaii just so happens to have places called Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor, it would make a great foreshadow to DP remakes!". Also considering one of the locations is Pearl Harbor, well, if they were to include it in the game I don't think it would be for a superficial reason (also I don't really see a location on the Alola map I would call a Pearl Harbor parallel unless they really downplayed it. However, as we've talked about months ago when I brought up the topic, GF probably would rather ignore controversy and not include it).

And remember if you see any hints of Sinnoh in Alola look for other hints of the other regions. GF loves putting in references to the other regions so it's not really a surprise if we see "hints of Sinnoh" especially if its alongside of references to other regions.

I would say the only real "hint" so far is the Munchlax if you compare it to XY Torchic, but would they really be that predictable? Also let's put it in focus: the significant thing about XY Torchic was it able to become Mega Blaziken; it was a Gen III Starter who at the time was the only one of its trio which could Mega Evolve. Munchlax evolves into Snorlax; it's a family of Pokemon not part of a group and the Pokemon you get, a Gen IV Pokemon, evolves into a Gen I Pokemon. AND considering the major Gen I pandering we've been seeing is it the Munchlax we should be focusing on or the Snorlax? Afterall, Snorlax is the one getting the Z-Move, Munchlax is just a means to an end. And Snorlax is a popular Pokemon, especially now that it can use PULVERIZING PANCAKE!

Also, remakes usually happen for new consoles. GBA had FRLG, DS had HGSS, and 3DS had ORAS. Unless they count the New 3DS as a new system and make a Gen IV remake just for it, Gen VII might be another skipped remake gen. But playing devil's advocate, Gen VII has done a major visual overhaul so if they maybe go by game engine for remakes then a Gen IV remake could be possible.

But honestly, we just don't know. It's too early to start guessing a Gen IV remake when the newest games aren't even out yet. About we give Sun & Moon their day in the spotlight and then a year or so from then start asking about the next games GF has plans for.

Sun & Moon Trial Version:
Nice to see that they decided after the ORAS Demo data mine they're still giving us a sneak peak of how the game will play. Though now one must wonder exactly how the game is going to play out. My guess is that they'll build this demo from the "ground up", instead of just chopping off a chunk of the game leaving whatever was in there still in there they'll instead pick and choose what gets put in this demo (sort of like a fanmade game using a existing game's assets). Why build it from the ground up instead of just deleting stuff from the chunk of code they take? Deleting stuff could end up breaking something, and you could spend WAY more time fixing it then just having built it from scratch.
However this does raise the question of the content of the demo. Will it be like ORAS demo or will we go back to the short gameplay demos they used to have in game stores? The latter would be easier to do building it from scratch as you wouldn't have to add that much, BUT it would limit what they can do with it and probably have no connectivity to the main games which what made people interested in the ORAS Demo.
For right now we'll just have to wait, hope for the best (ORAS Demo or better) but expect the minimal (game store short demo).

I thought everyone knew it's pretty much an inevitability that DPPt would eventually get remakes. There's like, nothing to lose for Nintendo/Gamefreak by doing them and they will make dumb amounts of money. Remember, there are some people who started playing in that generation. Arceus is mega popular in Japan too.

People said they wouldn't make GSC remakes and they did. People said they wouldn't make RSE remakes and they did. I'd say the chances that they do them are very high.

Back on topic though, I'm really happy I'll be able to begin the game with a Munchlax. No need to use Yungoos as the normal type on my team.

Munchlax is cute and all, but I'm in no way letting go "Rodriguez" the Ratatta out of my first playthrough.

I used Snorlax and Taurous(yes I'm a masochist for capturing one) in LG, "Jaime" the Raticate in Blue. I'm not going to miss my chance of using Jaime with a vengeance in SM.

Apparently there was a "leak" that said that that ship or whatever where you fight Lance and stuff takes you to a part of another region, probably like in FR/LG. Has that leak proven anything accurate or not? I can see Kalos being that ship if they really do bring back mega evolutions (:() or Sinnoh) because I too don't see a DPPt remake but I do see a massive omage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back