Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKIII *Official Media Only*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have the pic here with me, but the move description says so. 170 BP and "this move power changes based on the base one blahblahblah"
It says that for Z-Moves in general or just for Gigavolt Havoc? I'm assuming the former, but maybe the latter?

(SPOILER REMOVED - CRoll)
What in the Queen's English am I even looking at?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it's worth noting, but that looks an awful lot like rock smash on Crabrawler and Pikipek. still it became a TM in Kalos IIRC so it's probably not too important

Not sure if it's worth noting, but that looks an awful lot like rock smash on Crabrawler and Pikipek. still it became a TM in Kalos IIRC so it's probably not too important
On Pikipek it is Rock Smash. Didn't double check, but if Crabrawler had the same animation then it has it too (not surprising there really)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Huh, I guess you can get a Crabrawler much earlier than I expected. For some reason I had it pegged as mid-late game.
It could be from an in-game trade, like they do with Gym Leaders in previous games.

Also after playing the demo a bit (will talk about it in the other thread, don't worry) I found one removed major feature which will heavily impact your enjoyment of the game:

You can no longer sit down. 7.8, too much walking.

It's kinda cute. "Coochie coochie coo...YEEOUCH!!!"

Spines everywhere! But seriously, I am getting a Mawile vibe from this little one. And I'm sure those spines are indeed sharp and not very huggable.
I hope it's water type and not like flat poison or something. I like it's design alot

I hope it's water type and not like flat poison or something. I like it's design alot
Don't get me to start wish listing typings for this little beastie. Though I'm honestly thinking a primary Water or Grass typing, with maybe a Fairy typing as a wild card. Then again, we would have never guessed that Solgaleo shared the same typing as Metagross. Psychic? Maybe, but with a Fire typing.
I hope that this is a new Mawile, complete with a good defensive or offensive typing, but this time with decent stats, as opposed to needing a ridiculous Mega Evolution just to be relevant!

http://www.gamexplain.com/article-1...iew-with-the-pokmon-sun--moon-developers.html

So here's a nice little read. Some points that I found interesting:

• Z-Moves were created in mind to make every pokemon more viable, especially those who were not used often.
  • Alolan Forms are all gen 1 since they are the most recognizable by long-term fans
  • Pokemon creation process has changed tremendously with the move from sprites to 3D.
  • No one knows what an Ultra Beast really is, and discovering what they are is extremely vital to the story and setting.
  • Mega Evolutions and Z moves seem to work separately. its implied you can use both in the same battle.
  • Developers "put thier all" into this game, so there's a ton of content to explore, unlike X & Y
  • There are gong to be many surprises from each generation to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
  • Z-Moves were created in mind to make every pokemon more viable, especially those who were not used often.
Too bad that's not how that's going to turn out because you can just slap a Z-Move on something already good and make it even better instead of using something that sucks.

When you give eveything the same new option, people are just going to stick to what already works.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
If Z moves are a flat increase in power like Gigavolt Havoc, something with high base powers and the ability to already oneshot things as of now probably won't make good use of it

I'm looking at you, mega Ray

Also how would this even work, given that the button to mega evolve and z attack are probably in the same slot? I guess you mega first, then z move on the turn after?

Also how would this even work, given that the button to mega evolve and z attack are probably in the same slot? I guess you mega first, then z move on the turn after?
Both buttons shrinking so that they would be shown in the same screen?

Too bad that's not how that's going to turn out because you can just slap a Z-Move on something already good and make it even better instead of using something that sucks.

When you give eveything the same new option, people are just going to stick to what already works.
I don't think so. Remember something very important: Z moves are going to take up an item slot. There's going to be a lot of pokemon very uncomfortable making such a sacrifice. I think more niche pokemon who can afford to use a Z move and still do a job well will be sought out heavily, but we'll wait and see.

If Z moves are a flat increase in power like Gigavolt Havoc, something with high base powers and the ability to already oneshot things as of now probably won't make good use of it

I'm looking at you, mega Ray

Rayquazaite? Maybe? No?

Thank the lord this thread is safe from spoilers and leaks from the demo; I've decided to avoid everything past the most recent CoroCoro so I can play the game more or less blind, the way I did when I was a lot younger. This next month is going to be tough...

With the new trailers and the demo, I'm really hyped for SM to come out next month. These games look amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)