Movepool changes

Worth mentioning that paras/parasect no longer get Leech Life via level up, which is a shame because early/mid-game drizzle pelliper + dry skin leech life parasect sounds fun. I wonder how early that TM can be grabbed... I see it in the guide here but IDK how early that is.

Is there a way to know if move mechanics change from data mining, or is that something we have to play test? We couldn't datamine xy so things like weather changes and wish being half the hp of the mon that used it etc. we're all found through play testing.

Wish Alolan Marowak got that Burn Up move to become mono Ghost. I mean a Thick Club'd (if physical, even if not the power still hits reasonably enough), 130 STAB Fire attack and then lose a lot of weaknesses afterward would be pretty sweet.

Wish Alolan Marowak got that Burn Up move to become mono Ghost. I mean a Thick Club'd (if physical, even if not the power still hits reasonably enough), 130 STAB Fire attack and then lose a lot of weaknesses afterward would be pretty sweet.
Burn Up is special.

I'm trying to figure out how Stomping Tantrum would be better than Earthquake. Only thing I can think of is Ghosts coming in against Normal/Fighting type attacks.

I'm trying to figure out how Stomping Tantrum would be better than Earthquake. Only thing I can think of is Ghosts coming in against Normal/Fighting type attacks.
I'm imagining it's for doubles where protect is everywhere, so when a mon uses protect on you, you can follow up with a 150 bp ground move

I'm imagining it's for doubles where protect is everywhere, so when a mon uses protect on you, you can follow up with a 150 bp ground move
It will be interesting to check whether it hits both targets, and if that's the case, if it will get boosted damage if it fails on one of them.

I just figured that Gyarados learning Hurricane actually makes a lot of sense. I can't believe I have never complained about that. Probably because I was more focused on competitive stuff rather than flavor.

I just figured that Gyarados learning Hurricane actually makes a lot of sense. I can't believe I have never complained about that. Probably because I was more focused on competitive stuff rather than flavor.
On the one hand, it's nice that Gyarados can finally learn a Flying move on his own.
On the other hand, it'd be nice if he could make use of his now even larger Special movepool. Strong Dual stabs, boltbeam and even some fire (very rare on a Water type). Even Dragon/Dark Pulse if you need it for whatever reason. So many options, so little Special Attack.

I wrote some code to check for new moves. Results not already in the OP or mentioned ITT (I also excluded the new TMs for brevity):

Jigglypuff - Stockpile
Golduck - Me First
Mankey - Pursuit
Shellder - Water Gun
Gyarados - Scary Face

Furret - Agility
Ariados - Focus Energy
Dunsparce - Body Slam

Volbeat - Infestation
Illumise - Infestation
Seviper - Feint
Relicanth - Flail
Luvdisc - Heart Stamp
Luvdisc - Soak

Skuntank - Venom Drench
Skuntank - Bite

Watchog - Focus Energy
Alomomola - Whirlpool
Cryogonal - Ancient Power

Avalugg - Body Slam

Just niche stuff. Dunsparce can finally get Body Slam without the Gen 3 tutor, Ancient Power gives Cryogonal some coverage against Fire types without using up its Hidden Power, Alomomola can do some stally shit with Whirlpool, Ariados gets Focus Energy+Sniper, and Furret can BP Agility and Coil.

It will be interesting to check whether it hits both targets, and if that's the case, if it will get boosted damage if it fails on one of them.
Stomping Tantrum isn't a spread move. It will only hit one target. Ctrl+F it's name in the move data paste bin, it says "adjacent Pokemon." Spread moves say "all adjacent Pokemon."

https://paste.ee/r/mvJ70

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)