Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

What does Comatose do when you use Sleep Talk and it calls a Multiturn Move (Outrage, Petal Dance, etc.)?

Currently Sleep Talk + Multiturn moves only last 1 turn, but since Komala wouldn't need to be asleep for Sleep talk, does this interaction change?

No mention of it in the OP, but Beak Blast damage is blocked by Bulletproof.
Sorry for the poor quality, lighting is bad.
Just checked, and the move seems to be called Beak Cannon in japanese, so it makes sense.

The charging phase always triggers, regardless of whether or not Toucannon wakes up. Need someone else to prove, but I saw this in action. EDIT: This probably extends to Paralysis as well. Can someone also test this?

Question: Does Silvally's type change with standard Z Crystals just as Arceus' type does? Likely answer is no, but confirmation would be nice.
RKS System requires a memory, plates and z-crystals do nothing.

So begins day idk what, just going to dump some more stuff here (part 1).

Imposter shows the correct typing for what it imposters (even false arceus formes are showing the type it really is opposed to what it should be).

Revelation Dance uses the true typing of an Arceus, regardless of forme.

Bottom screen info shows correct Arceus typing (rip semi spoofing type).

Pollen Puff is not +3 with Triage when used as an attack (if this is here, I probably forgot tot test in doubles on an ally).

Struggle does not become stab from Burn Ups after effects on a mono Fire type.

Abilities do not influence z-moves at all, end of discussion.

Copycat cannot copy z-moves

So I recently had a wifi battle against someone, and Golisopod's Emergency Exit activated after Burn damaged dropped it below 50%. I think this confirms that damage from Status conditions does trigger Emergency Exit. Not sure why weather damage doesn't do the same.

Does nature power turn into psychic in pyschic terrain? the only reason im asking is because the damage calc is showing damage similar to extrasensory.

By this, I mean the users abilities (before someone asks).
So just to clarify the following "cases" of abilities are completely ignored?
  • Stench (flinch)
  • Klutz (item)
  • Huge Power (attack)
  • Gale Wings (priority)
  • Adaptability (stab)
  • Guts (damage)
  • Minus (stat mod)
  • Truant (on truant turn?)
  • Stall (turn order)
  • steelworker (type buff)
  • Poison touch (status)

I've been told by a few people playing the game that Stench can still trigger a Flinch though. And if this is true, then maybe Poison Touch also works?

Has Magic Room and Embargo been changed to stop the use of Mega Stones? And/Or does it stop the use of Z-crystals, so Pokemon can't use their Z-moves under the effects of Magic Room or Embargo?
Seconding this research request (ctrl+f and thread search turned up nothing for Embargo besides this). I'm assuming they have not changed since Z-Crystals are irremovable, but it'd be nice to see Embargo/Magic Room get a buff. I might try and test this personally if no one gets to it anytime soon.

What does Comatose do when you use Sleep Talk and it calls a Multiturn Move (Outrage, Petal Dance, etc.)?

Currently Sleep Talk + Multiturn moves only last 1 turn, but since Komala wouldn't need to be asleep for Sleep talk, does this interaction change?
Tested via thrash and sleep talk, it does last for several turns instead of just one.

• Stench (flinch)
  • Klutz (item)
  • Huge Power (attack)
  • Gale Wings (priority)
  • Adaptability (stab)
  • Guts (damage)
  • Minus (stat mod)
  • Stall (turn order)
  • Poison touch (status)

I've been told by a few people playing the game that Stench can still trigger a Flinch though. And if this is true, then maybe Poison Touch also works?
Sheer Force is also worth testing, to see if it boosts Stoked Sparksurfer's power and removes its guaranteed paralysis effect.

Hello sorry if this has been said but I'll be damned if I'm gonna search through 40+ pages

Apparently, U-turning on a Golisopod (emergency exit ability) makes him switch out, but not you. Can anyone confirm if this is how it's supposed to be? thx

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
As stated in the OP, poison types can be poisoned by the secondary effects of moves if the user has corrosion. Can steel types be poisoned by secondary effects if the user has corrosion as well (thinking Twineedle and Fling here)? Sorry if this was answered already, haven't seen it yet.

Something I've been wondering about: What happens if Ditto copies

1. Zygarde before it changes to Perfect Zygarde. Does Power Construct activate on Ditto if it falls below 50% HP and if yes, does it change base HP?

2. Wishiwashi in School form. Does Ditto lose School form if it falls below 25% HP? What happens if you change into a Wishiwashi below 25%, does Ditto, still having full HP, change to School form?

3. Battle Bond Greninja before it gets a kill. Will Ditto change into Ash Greninja if it then KOs something?

4. Minior in Meteor/Core form.
1. Form doesn't change.

2. Form doesn't change. Uses whatever form is out when it transforms.

3. No change.

4. No change.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Abilities do not influence z-moves at all, end of discussion.
Since I've tested Sheer Force working on Sparksurfer and we have reports of Stench working, as well the fact boosts from things like Huge Power or Water Bubble also influencing Z-Moves (even if the case of Huge Power being an atk rather than move modifier), I think the -ate abilities might actually be the exception rather than the rule. I'll do a quick sweep of the easy stuff to make sure.

• Stench (flinch)
  • Klutz (item)
  • Huge Power (attack)
  • Gale Wings (priority)
  • Adaptability (stab)
  • Guts (damage)
  • Minus (stat mod)
  • Stall (turn order)
  • Poison touch (status)

Gale Wings works. Stall works. Truant still stops your turn and doesn't consume Z-Move charge. Poison Touch works. Steelworker/Adaptability is identical to Water Bubble (All type BP modifiers apply to Z moves). Guts, Plus, and Minus are stat modifiers like Huge Power, so they obviously are included.

Nah, loots like the -ates got screwed out. The user's abilities interact with Z-Moves, you just can't change the type of Z-Moves through abilities.

Presumably Me First, Mirror Move and Snatch can't either? What happens if you use a Z-status move against Magic Coat/Bounce, especially Z-Parting Shot?
Z-Parting Shot against Magic Bounce causes normal Parting Shot to trigger for the one bouncing, but no one gains HP. Trying to do RAM corruption atm so I wil ltest the other things later. They should act the same way though.

Since I've tested Sheer Force working on Sparksurfer and we have reports of Stench working, as well the fact boosts from things like Huge Power or Water Bubble also influencing Z-Moves (even if the case of Huge Power being an atk rather than move modifier), I think the -ate abilities might actually be the exception rather than the rule. I'll do a quick sweep of the easy stuff to make sure.

Gale Wings works. Stall works. Truant still stops your turn and doesn't consume Z-Move charge. Poison Touch works. Steelworker/Adaptability is identical to Water Bubble (All type BP modifiers apply to Z moves). Guts, Plus, and Minus are stat modifiers like Huge Power, so they obviously are included.

Nah, loots like the -ates got screwed out. The user's abilities interact with Z-Moves, you just can't change the type of Z-Moves through abilities.
pbond also was not working... Why can gf not be consistent on one thing. Maybe it only works if the ability applies a "secondary" effect?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)