Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

As damaging moves that prevent the opponent from switching, are Anchor Shot and Spirit Shackle affected by Grip Claw and/or (for the sake of curiosity, despite being impossible) Binding Band?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
May be old news, but Early Bird pokémon can wake up in the very same turn they were put to sleep (so from 1-3 turns it seems to go 0-2 or 0-1).

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does Gravity prevent the user of Supersonic Skystrike? Does Gravity prevent the use of Supersonic Skystrike when called by a move that gravity would normally block (this is the case on Pokemon Showdown)?

I sse the "confusion got nerfed" is still pretty unconfirmed.

IMO, it's likely that's also a rumor (especially since we got a lot of earlier ones that people regurgitated around without even mentioning sources, like Eviolite and Unaware).

From a small sample size from my part, (100 uses, 52 of 100 on self-hurt), it seems that the status is unchanged. Also, at least one other person tested the rolls as well - with similar results.

Since Prankster boosted moves no longer affect dark types, how will Zoroark and Zorua work?

Can they be affected when transformed?
If they can't, will it reveal the transformation?

or does it depend on whether or not they are transformed into another dark type pokemon?

Why would it fail? Smeargle can use Dark void right?
Dark Void was changed, it will now fail if used by any Pokemon other than Darkrai, even if they have it available in their moves (just like Hoopa-Unbound and Hyperspace Fury). Too bad for Smeargle.

Since Prankster boosted moves no longer affect dark types, how will Zoroark and Zorua work?

Can they be affected when transformed?
If they can't, will it reveal the transformation?

or does it depend on whether or not they are transformed into another dark type pokemon?
It'll fail, but they won't have the illusion broken. I'm assuming... that's how moves work at least. Illusion leaves their type in tact, so it should leave them immune to prankster.

It'll fail, but they won't have the illusion broken. I'm assuming... that's how moves work at least. Illusion leaves their type in tact, so it should leave them immune to prankster.
That is what I'm trying to confirm. I did not think it would break, but I see it being a problem in the future if nothing happens.

Imagine fighting what you think is a pidgey and having your prankster Liepard's thunder wave fail. This is a really obscure scenario, so most people may be very confused over what is happening and report it, when it is legal. Maybe it should break the Illusion?

How does Beast Boost interact with stuff like Power Swap/Guard Swap/Speed Swap, or Power Split/Guard Split? If the user's highest stat is different as a result of one of these moves, is the new highest stat boosted instead?

Let's say that a +Spe Pheromosa uses Speed Swap on a Shuckle, giving the Pheromosa a low speed stat, and then the Pheromosa gets a kill afterwards. Would its speed stat still be boosted?

The description on the first page states that Beast Boost "ignores any modifiers to that stat from status, items, or moves." Does this include the moves mentioned previously, or is this just referring to stat boosting moves like Swords Dance?

That is what I'm trying to confirm. I did not think it would break, but I see it being a problem in the future if nothing happens.

Imagine fighting what you think is a pidgey and having your prankster Liepard's thunder wave fail. This is a really obscure scenario, so most people may be very confused over what is happening and report it, when it is legal. Maybe it should break the Illusion?
It still works that way; I used psychic in a battle on here against a zoroark disguised as talonflame and it didn't work. It was good in that situation because I wanted to draw it out so I knew which pokemon it was, so that sort of thing can be used strategically.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Huh, I only ask because the sim's code only fully protected Multitype and Stance Change in Gen 6, with other forme changes still overwritable by Gastro Acid, Mummy, Simple Beam or Worry Seed.
Change of design philosophy in Gen 7 I guess. They seem to preserving old forme change mechanics, but for the new Gen 7 forme changes you can't touch them.

As damaging moves that prevent the opponent from switching, are Anchor Shot and Spirit Shackle affected by Grip Claw and/or (for the sake of curiosity, despite being impossible) Binding Band?
Need less vague questions. These items effects only impact mechanics that only Wrap clones have. Thousand Waves clones already have infinite trapping duration and have no constriction damage. They didn't interact with waves last gen (afaik). Am I missing an interaction here?

Does Gravity prevent the user of Supersonic Skystrike? Does Gravity prevent the use of Supersonic Skystrike when called by a move that gravity would normally block (this is the case on Pokemon Showdown)?
No and no.

I was curious, does the Genesis Supernova Psychic Terrain portion of the attack happen before or after the attack itself? I guess triggering before the attack would make it some kind of super nuke, but triggering after certainly makes it more boring.

I don't know if this is a new feature or not, but I was fighting Dexio in the postgame stint where he shows off Mega Alakazam. I had sent my Wishiwashi out and so when it Mega Evolved, it didn't Trace Schooling. However, after it got knocked out and I sent out my next 'Mon, it Traced that ability (I forget what it was). Is it known that Trace will work any turn now or did I just never encounter that issue before?

That occurs with certain hard-coded abilities, same thing happened to me with an enemy Porygon2 attempting to Trace my Mimikyu Disguise. Has been this way since Gen 4 afaik because Multitype works that way with Trace too.

Change of design philosophy in Gen 7 I guess. They seem to preserving old forme change mechanics, but for the new Gen 7 forme changes you can't touch them.
Sorry, you've left me slightly confused there... can the old Forme change Abilities such as Forecast and Zen Mode be overwritten in Gen 7 or only in Gen 6?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)