Battle Tree Discussion and Records

Would Event Snorlax be a good teammate for CB Kartana to tank special hits? Kartana hits like a train but its SpD is crap. The third one would probably be Megazam.

Currently hatching Magikarps to get the Judge, but my Kart is Adamant so it's pretty good.

(This is not my video and I take no credit for this.)

I'm really suspicious of this... I don't have the proof to say he's lucky but this video seems really unorthodox in their literal team and the relative ease battling. 600 wins with Hail? Can someone bring some insight on this please.
No fighting resist and 2x Fighting weakness still makes me shudder after 5th gen ha. Seriously though, yeah that team looks really unreliable...

Feel free to post your team still! Just because you aren't at 200 wins or something like that doesn't mean that you don't have an interesting/fun team, or one with a lot of potential!
Sure! I'm pretty happy with how well this team performed through 50 games. There were some close calls but they got the job done.

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Jolly | Rough Skin
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
~Outrage
~Earthquake
~Crunch
~Substitute

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly | Clear Body
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
~Meteor Mash
~Bullet Punch
~Zen Headbutt
~Hammer Arm

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Timid | Flash Fire
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/30
~Flamethrower
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power Ice
~Protect

I really liked how this team complimented each others weaknesses. Both Metagross and Chandelure resist Ice type moves, Metagross hits Fairy types that wall Garchomp hard and Chandelure absorbs Fire type moves directed at Metagross. I use Substitute on Garchomp to scout a slower leads' opening move. If it's an ice type attack I weigh whether or not I can OHKO it the next turn or if I should switch to Metagross or Chandelure. Oftentimes though I will just kill it and severely damage the next Pokemon with an Outrage. Metagross walls Toxic stallers and can Meteor Mash for attack boosts if they can't do anything about it, and Chandelure can oftentimes go 2 for 1 with its Focus Sash and hits most things hard enough to be finished off by Bullet Punch or one of Garchomp's moves. One switch that may be worth making is taking Protect off of Chandelure (which I mostly use to scout and sometimes switch in Metagross or Garchomp on resisted moves) and putting in Energy Ball to hit bulky waters hard, as my team does not have a reliable way to deal with them. Another option is replacing Garchomp's Crunch and Outrage with Swords Dance and Dragon Claw, but I like the better coverage and power that I have right now. The 4 HP EVs on Garchomp make its substitues have 46 HP instead of 45, but I would consider putting those into a defensive stat if anyone can suggest a good reason why (including possibly removing Substitute).

Though this team looks to end games quickly with super effective STAB and coverage moves, I sometimes had to play this team very patiently and stall my opponents out of the game. On my 49th win, I was facing a Minimize/Toxic/Mud Bomb/Softboiled Blissey that my Garchomp couldn't OHKO and that my Metagross died to while missing most of its attacks. I had to sacrifice my Chandelure to it so that my Garchomp was guaranteed not to miss its Substitute because it was confused from the prior turn. All in all, it was a fun team to play and get 50 wins with fairly quickly. If anyone would like to offer feedback on the sets I'd appreciate it.

Would Event Snorlax be a good teammate for CB Kartana to tank special hits? Kartana hits like a train but its SpD is crap. The third one would probably be Megazam.

Currently hatching Magikarps to get the Judge, but my Kart is Adamant so it's pretty good.
Theres no differencr between event snorlax and normal snorlax except that one comes with a Cherish Ball and Snorlium Z iirc.

And also, I'm thinking of streaking in Singles with Specially Defensive Arcanine + Mega-Gyarados + Tapu Fini but I can't think of sets for Tapu Fini or a way to survive EdgeQuake coverage. I was thinking of something along the lines of:

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
EVs: 244HP/8ATK/4Def/252Sp.Def
- Morning Sun
- Will-o-Wisp/Substitute
- Flare Blitz
- Crunch/ExtremeSpeed

Gyarados @ Gyarodosite
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252ATK/64Sp.Def/252Spe
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Tapu Fini @ Normalium Z
Bold Nature
EVs: 252HP/244Def/12Sp.Def
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Refresh

The the idea is to intimidate spam so either Fini or MegaGyarados can setup and sweep.
Anyone can advise me on what glaring weaknesses there are or whether there's an issue with the team?

I'm really suspicious of this... I don't have the proof to say he's lucky but this video seems really unorthodox in their literal team and the relative ease battling. 600 wins with Hail? Can someone bring some insight on this please.
if you go to the guy's channel he has videos for 200/300/400/500 as well, all with different teams, so he's not just using Hail for 600 battles straight

...but it's still suspicious in general, especially given how quickly he chooses his moves

i'd guess either he uses a really reliable team in between recorded battles, has some sort of save editor where he can load some kind of backup, or is just a god at this game

My attempt to Make Talonflame Great Again fell apart at match 41 when Toxapex was taunted by a Weavile. So I used good ol' Trick Room to get my 50+ in doubles, making my way up to 75 wins before misplaying against another TR user. They've always been annoying to face and this game isn't any different.

Oranguru (F) @ Mental Herb **Wonky Kong**
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Inner Focus
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/0
EVs: 252 HP / 196 DEF / 60 SP.DEF
-Trick Room
-Instruct
-Psychic
-Protect

Hariyama (M) @ Flame Orb **Rikishi**
Nature: Brave
Ability: Guts
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 ATK / 6 SP.DEF
-Fake Out
-Close Combat
-Knock Off
-Rock Slide

Araquanid (M) @ Normalium-Z **Pete Park**
Nature: Brave
Ability: Water Bubble
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 ATK / 6 DEF
-Liquidation
-Leech Life
-Scald
-Stockpile

Drampa (F) @ Wiki Berry **Neck Day**
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Berserk
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SP.ATK / 6 DEF
-Hyper Voice
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower
-Protect

The idea is simple enough:
-Turn 1, Fake Out any threats to Oranguru
-Turn 2, If Hariyama survives, Rock Slide + Instruct for flinch city or Close Combat + Instruct to guarantee a double KO if both mons are fighting weak or frail or just have Inner Focus
-Turn 3, Repeat until you're winner

But sometimes the mon I didn't Fake Out will have a strong enough psychic, fairy, or flying move to KO Hariyama, in which case Araquanid comes in with Liquidation + Instruct or Drampa with Hyper Voice + Instruct. Araquanid has Normalium-Z because Z-Stockpile is neat, getting +1 defenses along with full HP recovery. I'm sure there are better options like maybe Waterium-Z to go full offense and blow back just about anything non-resistant and replacing Stockpile with Crunch or Protect. Drampa's Hyper Voice is decently strong but somewhat lacking before that Berserk boost. Wiki Berry lets it recover HP and potentially get another Berserk boost if it gets serious enough.

AR8W-WWWW-WWW4-7B3F - Battle #76
The loss. Enemy TR teams are always awkward match-ups and I haven't figured out how to play around them with this team yet. The first misplay was leaving Hariyama in after Conk revealed itself to be the Iron Ball set. 9 times out of 10 Conk flings its Iron Ball at Oranguru which isn't enough to OHKO it without a crit so I used Fake Out on Steelix in case it tried to Quick Claw Explosion. Conk using Superpower in 'Yama completely caught me off guard and I didn't know what to do about it. After TR went up it just killed 'Yama and it went downhill from there. Audino came and undid my TR, Jellicent walled A-nid and Drampa, and I was cocky enough to assume A-nid would survive a Stone Edge.

I'll try again after getting the super multis stamp. I may throw in A-Marowak or Tapu Fini somewhere because Thunder Wave is still really annoying.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hi there. I wrote this spreadsheet up a while back and since then turskain has pinned it to the channel, so I figured I may as well post it here if the big man himself thinks it's worth pinning: LINK

This spreadsheet is different from Skewtr's in the sense that it doesn't show a trainer's entire team, only the Pokemon that you specify in the relevant boxes. It also presents significantly less data than his; for example, out of the 6 stats, it only shows the Pokemon's speed, and even then it always assumes an IV of 31, since it's built for post-50 play. Here's some documentation, in case anyone wants to use it:

Features:
- Two species slots, in case you're playing Doubles and need to account for those two different Pokemon on the field at the same time.
- Use whatever capitalisation you want, I coded to account for that (e.g. 'hydreigon' or 'HYDREIGON' or even 'hYdReIgOn' will produce the same results).
- Copy/paste function, in case you want to laugh or complain about that set you're facing in the Discord server, or want to quickly insert it into your post.
- Set the Trainer name to 'All' to see all possible sets for a Pokemon.
- Automatic bullshit detector: warns you about problematic moves (OHKO, Evasion) and items (Bright Powder, Lax Incense) in red.
- Automatic annoyance detector: warns you about potentially annoying moves (Protect, Detect, Spiky Shield, Baneful Bunker) and items (Focus Sash) in orange.

Known bugs:
- If the selected trainer has both the Alolan and regular version of a Pokemon, searching for the regular version of the Pokemon will show the regular Pokemon's data, but twice. If there are more than 4 sets which would be picked up this way, only the first 4 will be shown. For example, searching for Dugtrio with 'All' as a trainer only shows Dugtrio-1 twice and Dugtrio-2 twice. I have no idea how to fix it for now, sorry. (fixed)
- Some abilities may not show correctly. Let me know if this happens and I'll do my best to fix it, time permitting.

I've personally used this spreadsheet for 400~500 Doubles battles so far and it's provided accurate data every time, so it's not bad, I guess. Thanks to Team Rocket Elite for the data dump, and Skewtr for a bunch of the data used. Hope this helps you all; thanks for your time, and good luck with the Tree!

Last edited:
It depends on how you see yourself using Krookodile. I don't see it sweeping teams by itself locked into 1 move, and I I think I would switch it out after killing whatever I needed it to, so Moxie doesn't seem too useful to me. If you see yourself in a situation where you pick up a KO the let Krookodile stay in and possibly get either another KO or get sacked to get a free switch for the other 2, then Moxie might be good for you.

Most Pokémon you would use Rock Slide on vs EQ are Flying type, and a lot of these are physical. I think Intimidate is better because it lessens the damage if you do miss. It also lets Krookodile switch in on physical attackers on non-immune attacks easier.
Good point there. Plus I'll have to mega evolve Salamence eventually so it would pay to have another Intimidate user.

I will say, while Krook is good, something like bland ole Chansey could fill the special blob niche. Especially after bank when it gets seismic toss.
Chansey does like a great all round mixed wall too. If my current team doesn't work out I might try combining her with MegaMence. If I did that I'd probably have to replace Toxapex though because 2 walls makes me more vulnerable to taunt. Might try that team sickmgick posted at some point. Hopefully Krookodile and Toxapex will cover each other well enough.

Good point there. Plus I'll have to mega evolve Salamence eventually so it would pay to have another Intimidate user.

Chansey does like a great all round mixed wall too. If my current team doesn't work out I might try combining her with MegaMence. If I did that I'd probably have to replace Toxapex though because 2 walls makes me more vulnerable to taunt. Might try that team sickmgick posted at some point. Hopefully Krookodile and Toxapex will cover each other well enough.
The majority of the best teams have 2 pokemon who are mostly used for switch swapping defenses(Aegislash is an exception because he can also be offensive as needed.). To be honest, if a team wants to taunt chansey, she will 3 shot them with seismic toss. She is generally not taunt bait against a pokemon unless she is fighting a ghost pokemon.

The majority of the best teams have 2 pokemon who are mostly used for switch swapping defenses(Aegislash is an exception because he can also be offensive as needed.). To be honest, if a team wants to taunt chansey, she will 3 shot them with seismic toss. She is generally not taunt bait against a pokemon unless she is fighting a ghost pokemon.
True. And Toxapex and Substitute Salamence could probably handle most Ghost types. I could even consider putting Flamethrower on Chansey just to hold my own against Gengar and Aegislash. I think I'll wait for Pokebank so that I can get Mawile and breed Seismic Toss onto her. In the meantime I'll adjust Toxapex's EVs to build the Def back up since I'll soon have a full on Special wall to eat up Psychic and Electric hits. If I am patient and careful Salamence+Toxapex+Chansey should work. Barring Toxapex being way more passive but having more longevity than Aegislash, it does resemble that team sickmigick posted.

True. And Toxapex and Substitute Salamence could probably handle most Ghost types. I could even consider putting Flamethrower on Chansey just to hold my own against Gengar and Aegislash. I think I'll wait for Pokebank so that I can get Mawile and breed Seismic Toss onto her. In the meantime I'll adjust Toxapex's EVs to build the Def back up since I'll soon have a full on Special wall to eat up Psychic and Electric hits. If I am patient and careful Salamence+Toxapex+Chansey should work. Barring Toxapex being way more passive but having more longevity than Aegislash, it does resemble that team sickmigick posted.
I am not sure if this was a typo or not, but you won't face Aegislash on the NPCs in battle tree. I just double checked the list, and it's not on there for gen 7. You will face Gengar, of course.

I'm lost with my Super Double team, i again lost fight 40+ , i think i want to replace my Goodra by a Water type, but i don't find the "best" Pokemon for my team, can i have some advice plz ? ^^

My team :

>Lead<
Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability : Electric Surge
EVs : 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
Quirky Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Discharge
-Dazzling Gleam
-Grass Knot

>Lead<
Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability : Sand Veil
EVs : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Protect

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability : Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Sludge Bomb

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability : Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
-Leech Seed
-Heavy Slam
-Protect
-Substitute
Thanks in advance,
Mctiguy

So I've been toying around with battle tree and have settled on this theorymon team. Does this team has any notable pokes that can destroy it?

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (only because I got it off some JP dude on WT)
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Gyarados (F) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

My last team had Minior instead of Gyarados but I felt like Minior wasn't taking hits well enough

Seeing as Pokebank is supposed to arrive this month... has anyone noticed the odd banlist Battle Tree has?

These Pokemon are banned: Victini, Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna, Marshadow.

This brings a few points:
- Victini is banned even though it cannot be obtained so far. Are we getting an event or something?
- Not a single Legendary or Mythical Pokemon that cannot be obtained without Pokebank (except for Victini, as I already said) seems to be banned.

As strange-behaving they can be, I cannot imagine Game Freak allowing us to, say, rampage through the Battle Tree with a Primal Groudon-Mega Rayquaza-Xerneas team. I can't.

I smell a patch.

Seeing as Pokebank is supposed to arrive this month... has anyone noticed the odd banlist Battle Tree has?

These Pokemon are banned: Victini, Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna, Marshadow.

- Victini is banned even though it cannot be obtained so far. Are we getting an event or something?
- Not a single Legendary or Mythical Pokemon that cannot be obtained without Pokebank (except for Victini, as I already said) seems to be banned.

As strange-behaving they can be, I cannot imagine Game Freak allowing us to, say, rampage through the Battle Tree with a Primal Groudon-Mega Rayquaza-Xerneas team. I can't.

I smell a patch.
According to Serebii all the legendary Pokemon that are usually banned are still banned in the BTree already.

I am not sure if this was a typo or not, but you won't face Aegislash on the NPCs in battle tree. I just double checked the list, and it's not on there for gen 7. You will face Gengar, of course.
It wasn't a typo. I just assumed an Aegislash would be in the tree somewhere but reading that it isn't just makes my theoretical team even better! I need to go through all the Battle Tree Pokemon...

So I've been toying around with battle tree and have settled on this theorymon team. Does this team has any notable pokes that can destroy it?

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (only because I got it off some JP dude on WT)
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Gyarados (F) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

My last team had Minior instead of Gyarados but I felt like Minior wasn't taking hits well enough
I haven't gone through the trouble of looking for specific mons but from a glance this is clearly an offensive team. While it will probably blow through many Pokemon, not having any solid walls/tanks, priority users, or Substitue mons means Choice Scarfs, Prankster (bar Mega Gyrados), priority in general, Focus Sashes, and status could mess you up.

I smell a patch.
Where are you getting this information on the banlist?

First of all, on my game, Cosmog and Cosmoem are both banned. Here is a picture:
img_0681 (1).jpg

As BlueEew said, according to Serebii, all of those pokemon that you listed are banned in Battle Tree, I guess they just aren't listed yet on the tree banlist itself as they aren't available in the game. I don't see ANY pokemon my in-game battle tree ban list that aren't currently available. Victini is not on there at the moment, and neither is something like Marshadow.

I'm lost with my Super Double team, i again lost fight 40+ , i think i want to replace my Goodra by a Water type, but i don't find the "best" Pokemon for my team, can i have some advice plz ? ^^

My team :

Thanks in advance,
Mctiguy
I am not the most knowledgeable on Doubles, so maybe another user will post better suggestions, but I think that something like Azumarill or M-Gyarados (since you don't have a mega stone that team) would be good. I think that it kind of depends on what you are looking for in the replacement. Are you looking for just water-type coverage? Or are you specifically looking for a pokemon that you can switch into certain moves?

Azumarill is pretty bulky and can have really good coverage. It can also be built multiple different ways with a Belly Drum set, or a Choice Band set, etc. It can tank ice-type attacks and is immune to Dragon as a switch in for Garchomp, and is bulky enough to a good neutral hit like Earthquake or a steel type attack on Koko. It also has access to priority for revenge-killing.

Gyarados gives you an earthquake immunity switch in for Koko, but is only neutral to ice-type attacks as a switch in for Garchomp. Having intimidate is great for the team in Battle Tree. On the other hand, it is 4x weak to electric on the switch in, but since you would have electric terrain, anything that you switch that isn't immune or very resistant is going to take a big hit.

If you are looking for something more aggressive, I have had good success with Ash-Greninja in doubles, but he can't really take any good hits on the switch-in as he is very fragile. If you are looking for something more bulky, something like Gastrodon can be very durable and is only weak (very weak, but that can sometimes lead to your advantage with Protect) to grass types.

I am not the most knowledgeable on Doubles, so maybe another user will post better suggestions, but I think that something like Azumarill or M-Gyarados (since you don't have a mega stone that team) would be good. I think that it kind of depends on what you are looking for in the replacement. Are you looking for just water-type coverage? Or are you specifically looking for a pokemon that you can switch into certain moves?

Azumarill is pretty bulky and can have really good coverage. It can also be built multiple different ways with a Belly Drum set, or a Choice Band set, etc. It can tank ice-type attacks and is immune to Dragon as a switch in for Garchomp, and is bulky enough to a good neutral hit like Earthquake or a steel type attack on Koko. It also has access to priority for revenge-killing.

Gyarados gives you an earthquake immunity switch in for Koko, but is only neutral to ice-type attacks as a switch in for Garchomp. Having intimidate is great for the team in Battle Tree. On the other hand, it is 4x weak to electric on the switch in, but since you would have electric terrain, anything that you switch that isn't immune or very resistant is going to take a big hit.

If you are looking for something more aggressive, I have had good success with Ash-Greninja in doubles, but he can't really take any good hits on the switch-in as he is very fragile. If you are looking for something more bulky, something like Gastrodon can be very durable and is only weak (very weak, but that can sometimes lead to your advantage with Protect) to grass types.
Thanks for your answer :)

I'll wait more advice, but if nobody answer, i'll try for a Gyrados or Azumarill :)

Last edited:
What's the call on Jolly vs Adamant on Gyarados for super singles? I'm not seeing anything that pops out as a major threat to the drag-steel core going through the speed tiers of 133-146, so I'm leaning Adamant, but I'd like a second opinion.

Ultra beast team

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball

This team did quite well, with only a few KOs on pheromosa due to HJK missing, untill battle 31 where I threw away my xurkitree to a wishiwashi and my celestela had a haxy fight with a gothitelle. I was para locked and somehow missed on heavy slam.
Q83G-WWWW-WWW4-8MKT

So I got wrecked by a Wailord with Fissure with my Mega Slowbro/Tapu Bulu/Alolan Marowak team...
Is there a good sturdy Pokemon against OHKO moves?

Also guys, don't forget Pokebank gives us No Guard Fissure Machamp. Gravity allows you to hit anything

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello! I'm trying to make a successful Trick Room Singles team. It hasn't seen very much success so far because I haven't been able to afford the items/Pokémon I need, but I have hope. Here it is:

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
EVs: something like 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature (+SpA, -Def)
- Brick Break
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Electric]

This is my lead. Even without Speed EVs it's faster than most stuff. Hidden Power Electric is for stuff like Gyarados.

Mimikyu (M) @ nothing (saving up for Focus Sash)
Ability: Disguise
EVs: who even knows
Level: 1
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
- Trick Room
- Protect
- Destiny Bond
- Curse

Focus Sash might seem weird on this thing, but its main purpose is so Mimikyu can switch in on something and take two hits (barring burn hax or something). Curse helps out with Beast Boost, while Destiny Bond is used to eliminate troublesome opponents and get an extra turn of Trick Room.

Xurkitree @ Iron Ball
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature (+SpA, -Spe)
IVs: 14 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is the Trick Room sweeper. The AI favors offensive checks to defensive ones so the Pokémon that can take a hit will usually come out last, allowing you to use Tail Glow if needed without caring about Trick Room running out or anything. No priority weakness is nice. However, it's faster than threats like Wishiwashi in School Form, which can be problematic in TR.

Other ideas: I thought about the idea of using another Trick Room Pokémon over Pheromosa, like Aegislash to soak multi-hit moves. However, from my experience, Xurkitree usually sweeps for as long as Trick Room lasts. I might also consider a defensive Pokémon as a lead to outlast all opponents that threaten Mimikyu. Something that could beat Fire-types, Poison-types, and Thunder Wave users (the AI likes using Thunder Wave on Mimikyu for some reason I don't know why) would be nice, so I'm open to suggestions.

So I got wrecked by a Wailord with Fissure with my Mega Slowbro/Tapu Bulu/Alolan Marowak team...
Is there a good sturdy Pokemon against OHKO moves?

Also guys, don't forget Pokebank gives us No Guard Fissure Machamp. Gravity allows you to hit anything
I find that Substitute is the best counter to OHKO moves. Sub on M-Salamence or M-Gyarados or other sweepers is very common in Super Singles. I have also seen Sub on toxic-stall Chanseys. If you didn't know, Sub avoids OHKOs (like fissure, sheer cold, etc) by just taking out the substitute and doing no damage to your pokemon itself.

I don't know that I have a perfect replacement for you with your team as I am not the best theorizing and mostly just mess around with slightly modifying/copying other people's teams.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

About that...

Although irrelevant for most matches—as they are played with OHKO clause—Gravity's accuracy boost does not affect the accuracy of OHKO moves.
Yeah, that's one of the two things Wailord4 really has going for it (the other being high-accuracy Hydro Pumps), best to play aggressively against it (its HP EV investment doesn't seem to help its bulk all that much, from my experience).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)