(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

To change the topic slightly: I hate how Hidden Abilities sometimes are just straight up locked behind transfers. Example: I have spent the last 3 weeks looking for an HA Dwebble since Crustle can't have an HA in Gen 7 without breeding from a transferred mon. Buuuut nobody seems to bloody have one across Smogon, Showdown, four different Discord servers, and Twitch!

I'd also argue that Japanese cultural differences shouldn't come into this or be an excuse for it. Pokémon is marketed as an english game towards huge english-speaking audiences, most of which include children. It's not exactly something like a sub of an anime or a kamen rider series where the person knows they'll have to be prepared for cultural differences since it wasn't made for them; but the way Nintendo and Game Freak make their games they are completely intended for American, UK, European etc. audiences as well as Japanese -- if you're making a game for a worldwide audience, you need to take into account worldwide sensibilities and not just your own country's sensibilities.
This, this, THIS.

And yes, to change the subject:

To change the topic slightly: I hate how Hidden Abilities sometimes are just straight up locked behind transfers. Example: I have spent the last 3 weeks looking for an HA Dwebble since Crustle can't have an HA in Gen 7 without breeding from a transferred mon. Buuuut nobody seems to bloody have one across Smogon, Showdown, four different Discord servers, and Twitch!
Or that Ability Capsules can't switch "normal" to Hidden Abilities (or vice versa; looking at you, Pyroar). Although at that point the concept itself becomes obsolete. And I'd be perfectly okay with that.

Or when they are locked in single games even across multiple generations.

e.g. I want to breed a Reckless Starly. I have Alpha Sapphire, Moon and Ultra Sun - none of them have HA Starly, only X and Y.

I don't know why but I can't stand the fact that MEWTWO comes before MEW in the Pokedex. Like, really, Game Freak? The name alone should have told you its order in the Pokedex.

Oh, and Victini being given #000 in the Unova Dex for no reason. This makes it being placed together with a Mythical of a different generation in the National Dex.

I don't know why but I can't stand the fact that MEWTWO comes before MEW in the Pokedex. Like, really, Game Freak? The name alone should have told you its order in the Pokedex.
Imagine how infuriated young RBY players would be after searching for days to fill that last empty spot in the Pokedex, only to find out that it could not possibly be done without glitches or events. There's also the fact that Mew was snuck in at the last second, so perhaps their original intention was to make the first Mythical Pokemon exactly that--mythical.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Oh, and Victini being given #000 in the Unova Dex for no reason. This makes it being placed together with a Mythical of a different generation in the National Dex.
For Mewtwo you have to remember that, originally, the Pokedex was being organized by the player character. It's the reason why you could excuse some absurdities of the des descriptions, they were being written by a kid on probably what they heard about the Pokemon from local people. However the order of the Pokedex also was meant to be done by the player. Canonically, the player would learn about Mewtwo in Cinnabar Mansion so they'd know the powerful Pokemon they encounter in Cerulean Cave is Mewtwo. Since Mew is a mythical Pokemon, only way to get it is via out of canon means such as a glitch or event, technically the player would never encounter Mew or would encounter it last. Thus, Mewtwo was met first so Mewtwo was ordered as 150, as the player had no idea if any Mew still existed and decided to keep the name probably to keep the Cinnabar Mansion reports in context.

But that's in-game, why did GF make it like that? This goes back to something we discussed in the mystery thread recently. If Mew wasn't meant to be in the games originally, why is Mewtwo called MewTWO? No obvious answer, though I came up with the idea it was meant to along with the theme of Gen I on how technology effects Pokemon. and maybe some social commentary. Mew is a very rare if not extinct species, so scientists decided to best have the species live on was to clone and modify the clone. Thus, Mewtwo is a replacement for Mew, but it is not Mew as it's a completely new species. That's where the social commentary comes in: is it right for humans to mess with a species in such a way to have a resemblance of it survive or should we let nature takes it course if it decides a species is unfit to survive? Is the new species really a replacement for the lost species and what consequences are there for changing it from its base?

As for Victini, that was explained to have been done because they didn't want it's power to be misused so they made if Unova National Dex #000 so that its existence would be kept secret and disregarded as a myth.

EDIT: So apparently the actual reason Victini is #000 is because they only wanted the trainer taking care of it to know about it. Sort of goes with what I originally thought though is a different reason. My original thought was confusing the builder of Liberty Island's intent on keeping Victini secret and safe so that it wouldn't be misused.

Not saying you don't need to be bugged by it, honestly I think the Pokedex has been asking for a re-organization for a long time, just thought I'd bring in some explanation why it was probably done so.

Last edited:
As for Victini, that was explained to have been done because they didn't want it's power to be misused so they made if Unova National Dex #000 so that its existence would be kept secret and disregarded as a myth.
Wait, what? When was this mentioned? I thought #000 was just a homage to the MissingNo glitch.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Wait, what? When was this mentioned? I thought #000 was just a homage to the MissingNo glitch.
I can't speak as to where he found that, but here's what Juniper says on the matter in the Liberty Garden event.

Prof. Juniper said:
"... [Victini exposition] ... Making sure no one misuses Victini's powers is now your duty! Also… In the Unova Pokédex, Victini was assigned a special number: zero. I've heard this special number was assigned in the hope that Victini's power to bring victory would be shared with the Trainer who travels with this Pokédex."
So apparently by having Victini be the very first Pokemon in the Pokedex, it was supposed to bring good luck to Pokedex holders or something.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
After the Victini Event at Liberty Garden, Professor Juniper will tell you this:

"Thanks to you, <player>, this group that was up to no good (Team Plasma) has been captured. Victini is a mythical Pokémon that is said to radiate energy from its body. When Pokémon or people come into contact with that energy, it fills up their bodies, and they exhibit more power than usual. That's why there was no end to the people who wanted to use Victini for their own evil ends. I'm sure that the rich person who built this underground room for Victini was sincerely trying to help it. But I think shutting the poor thing up in this room was a mistake. Thanks to you, Victini has a new destiny that does not involve being used in Team Plasma's schemes. Making sure no one misuses Victini's powers is now your duty! Also… In the Unova Pokédex, Victini was assigned a special number: zero. I've heard this special number was assigned in the hope that Victini's power to bring victory would be shared with the Trainer who travels with this Pokédex."
Okay, so I was a bit off, I confused the Liberty Island's builder original intent of keeping Victini secret and safe with why it was given #000. Still, I think the line of thinking is the same: the only person who should know about Victini is the one who'll take care of it and not misuse it's power.

EDIT: Shedinja'd, though I needed the context of the entire speech to figure out where I got confused.

It's also kind of worrying how all the female designs wear skirts whose edge is closer to their crotch than their knees, usually by a factor of two. Heck, May has underpants three times as long as the sling-like thing that goes for her shorts, and they still abide to the "closer to crotch than to knees" rule. Hilda is pantsless for all practical purposes (her wrist sleeves are longer than her shorts, and her socks probably constitute more than half the fabric she wears from her waist down), and Dawn's Platinum art has her wearing a microskirt over bare legs as her winter clothes. At least Rosa was allowed to cover up somewhat, although her wetsuit looks like it's painted on her, and apart from it she has the shortest skirt of all.

I mean, "underdressed" doesn't even begin to describe it. And these girls are meant to be eleven.
The whole "show them legs" thing is actually pretty prevalent in Pokémon
I mean when members of a supposedly highly disciplined villainous organization are dressed like this

and it's not a one off design but a recurrent one

one has to wonder how much has moe culture penetrated Gamefreak? Do the even realize that they're sexualizing their female characters or do they simply think this is how female characters are?
"A female is supposed to wear a miniskirt to emphasize her girlish cuteness" or something like that

yeah we should start asking them some serious questions about the whole thing

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of "girlish cuteness" and asking Game Freak "serious questions":

I'd like to welcome the opportunity to add the Fairy Tale Girl trainer class that was introduced in the X&Y games to the discussion at hand.
They are in my honest personal opinion yet another concrete prime example of how Game Freak often tends to make some questionable choices.
At first glance they are your average clichéd image of a "cute" girl, dressed all in pink and fond of dressing up as a princess from one of their favorite fairy tales, but upon closer inspection you can't help but think that there's something "wrong" and "quite unsettling" about them.

Once you challenge them to a Pokémon battle and, especially after they have lost to you in the aforementioned battle, you'll find out that they have a vast repertoire of dubious catchphrases at their disposition and that they then start to show their true colors (that aren't "innocent" and "lady-like" at all no less):

"All you have to do is ignore reality, and you can stay young forever, too."
"Shhh. Rest now and close your eyes… You won't ever need open them again…"
"Oh phooey! Don't you ever come back! If you do, we're gonna end you, mmkay?"
"I won't tell you how old I really am, but I can say I'm old enough to be your mother"
"Don't you worry your silly widdle head! I'll take away ALL your pain, mmkay?"
"The fairies are whispering to me... "Fight!" "Win!" That's what they say! Hee hee hee..."
"Want to see the scary side of the Fairy Type? I'll show you!"

You'd except this kind of behavior from the Hex Maniac Girl that often accompanies them, as opposed to the cutesy Fairy Tale Girl.
At this point it's clear that this is intentional, but the question in the room remains: Why?
At this rate I don't even know anymore if I really wish to know the answer...

Edit: My fellow users Siggu and Merritt alerted me to the fact that there's indeed a more "dark" side to fairies.
Feel free to read their posts down below for the explanation(s).

Last edited:

I'd like to welcome the opportunity to add the Fairy Tale Girl trainer class that was introduced in the X&Y games to the discussion at hand.
They are in my honest personal opinion yet another concrete prime example of how Game Freak often tends to make some questionable choices.
At first glance they are your average clichéd image of a "cute" girl, dressed all in pink and fond of dressing up as a princess from one of their favorite fairy tales, but upon closer inspection you can't help but think that there's something "wrong" and "quite unsettling" about them.

Once you challenge them to a Pokémon battle and, especially after they have lost to you in the aforementioned battle, you'll find out that they have a vast repertoire of dubious catchphrases at their disposition and that they then start to show their true colors (that aren't "innocent" and "lady-like" at all no less):

"I won't tell you how old I really am, but I can say I'm old enough to be your mother"
"The fairies are whispering to me... "Fight!" "Win!" That's what they say! Hee hee hee..."

You'd except this kind of behavior from the Hex Maniac Girl that often accompanies them, as opposed to the cutesy Fairy Tale Girl.
At this point it's clear that this is intentional, but the question in the room remains: Why?
I think that one kind of makes sense, as if that's the whole idea of the Fairy Tale Girl. A trainer that looks cute, but upon closer inspection there's something seriously off about them.

On this topic about woman clothing in Pokemon, the only case in which women have more... uhm... modest.. clothes are the Team Galactic Grunts. You know, that group that is often made fun of due to their clothing.

Old Team Plasma grunts could count, as well.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

"All you have to do is ignore reality, and you can stay young forever, too."

Personally I think it fits rather well with the Fairy type itself. A lot of people think that fairies are supposed to be the cute, Tinkerbellesque variety, but their type chart interactions and other details like movepool makes it pretty clear that they're actually the Fae Folk variety. The ones you keep away with cold iron, who kidnap people in their sleep and replace them with a wooden corpse, who replace human children with their own (changelings).

Honestly, the Fairy Tale Girl is a fantastic representation of all this in my opinion.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Max. Optimizer:
Going on from what Merritt said, if you look at the quotes of almost all the trainers in the Battle Facilities, they're ALL out of their minds in some way be it creepy behavior, being paranoid, overly hostile, apathetic, and a handful of sexual innuendo. Here's quotes from the Battle Maison in XY.

On this topic about woman clothing in Pokemon, the only case in which women have more... uhm... modest.. clothes are the Team Galactic Grunts. You know, that group that is often made fun of due to their clothing.

Old Team Plasma grunts could count, as well.
There's also Neo Team Plasma, Team Flare, and the Aether Foundation. Team Aqua SORTA counts as their female grunts are wearing full leg stockings.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think that one kind of makes sense, as if that's the whole idea of the Fairy Tale Girl. A trainer that looks cute, but upon closer inspection there's something seriously off about them.
Personally I think it fits rather well with the Fairy type itself. A lot of people think that fairies are supposed to be the cute, Tinkerbellesque variety, but their type chart interactions and other details like movepool makes it pretty clear that they're actually the Fae Folk variety. The ones you keep away with cold iron, who kidnap people in their sleep and replace them with a wooden corpse, who replace human children with their own (changelings).

Honestly, the Fairy Tale Girl is a fantastic representation of all this in my opinion.
I see, very interesting. For some reason this specific reason never crossed my mind.
Thank you clarifying this for me by sharing your valuable opinion(s) and knowledge with me.

I'm not really a connoisseur of fairy tales (and fairies in general for that matter) by any means and I always only had this cliché-ridden depiction of a "benevolent cutesy innocent little helper fairy" stuck in my imagination. I was genuinely unaware that there has also always been a considerably more "dark" side to some of these creatures.

You know what they say: "You learn on a daily basis" and, in my honest personal opinion, the fact that we can help one another fill our knowledge gaps is what makes posting here in the Orange Islands section such a rich experience, especially considering how notably multifarious the world of Pokémon is.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I'm not really a connoisseur of fairy tales (and fairies in general for that matter) by any means and I always only had this cliché-ridden depiction of a "benevolent cutesy innocent little helper fairy" stuck in my imagination. I was genuinely unaware that there has also always been a considerably more "dark" side to some of these creatures.
Here yeah go, happy nightmares.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Okay, I've got a little time now, so I think I will try to follow up the posts of Rapti and Siggu above. I will go through every trainer class in Pokémon where there are male and female counterparts, and divide them into three simple categories:

Category 1: The female wears clothes that conceal her legs down to the knees (and/or beyond).
Category 2: The female (and only the female) bares skin or wears only skin-tight pants significantly above the knees.
Category 3: Both genders bare skin or wear only skin-tight pants significantly above the knees.

Category 1:
-
Ace Trainer (Snow) (Gen IV)
- Jr Trainer (Camper/Picknicker) (RSE, ORAS)
- Bird Keeper (DPPt)
- Skier/Boarder (All gens)
- Battle Girl/Black Belt (Gen V and XY)
- Expert (All gens)
- Aqua Admin (SE)
- Lady/Rich Boy
- Pokémon Breeder
- Artist (XY)
- Matron/Fun Old Man
- Cowgirl/Rancher (Gen IV)
- Madame/Gentleman
- Veteran
- Backpacker
- Office Worker
- Honeymooners
- Team Flare Grunt
- Delinquent/Street Thug
- Trial Guide

Category 2:
- Player Character (every game)
- Cooltrainer/Ace Trainer (All main series games bar Colosseum/XD and snowy portions of Gen IV)
- Lass/Youngster (ORAS)
- Team Rocket Grunt (FRLG)
- Swimmer (Gen VII)
- Crush Girl/Battle Girl/Black Belt (Gen III, IV and ORAS)
- Team Aqua Grunt
- Team Magma Grunt
- Magma Admin (RE)
- Young Couple
- Pokémon Ranger
- Cyclist
- Galactic Grunt
- Waitress/Waiter
- Backers
- Preschooler
- Team Plasma Grunt
- Smasher/Hoopster
- Punk Girl/Punk Guy
- Rising Star
- Roller Skater
- Schoolgirl/Schoolboy
- Free Diver/Scuba Diver
- Aether Foundation Employee
- Youth Athlete
- Golfer
- Team Skull Grunt
- Kantonian Gym
- Team Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Category 3:
-
Cooltrainer (Colosseum/XD)
- Jr Trainer (Camper/Picknicker) (Generations I, II, FRLG, DPPt)
- Lass/Youngster (All games bar ORAS)
- Swimmer (All generations bar VII)
- Triathlete
- Tuber
- Sky Trainer

No examples were found where the male was wearing skintight pants or showed skin above the knee, and the female didn't.

In conclusion, it is fairly rare for male trainers to be as revealing as the females, and half of the cases of this is because swimming is involved (even so, male Scuba divers don't wear a skintight wetsuit whereas female Free Divers do). The remaining cases are mostly pre-school boys wearing very short shorts in the first few generations of games. The sole exception is the male Cooltrainer in the Game Cube games, wearing very short shorts like the females do.

It also seems fairly common for the female of the trainer class pairs to be covered up, and in those cases the male always is too. However, this category needs some context behind it. It can roughly be split into three categories:

1a: Elderly people
- Expert (All gens)
- Matron/Fun Old Man
- Madame/Gentleman
- Veteran

1b: Wearing to work or weather
-
Ace Trainer (Snow) (Gen IV)
- Skier/Boarder (All gens)
- Pokémon Breeder
- Artist (XY)
- Cowgirl/Rancher (Gen IV)
- Office Worker

1c: Non-elderly people who can dress the way they choose
- Jr Trainer (Camper/Picknicker) (RSE, ORAS)
- Bird Keeper (DPPt)
- Battle Girl/Black Belt (Gen V and XY)
- Aqua Admin (SE)
- Lady/Rich Boy
- Backpacker
- Honeymooners
- Team Flare Grunt
- Delinquent/Street Thug
- Trial Guide

Elderly people or those who "have to" dress in practical clothes make up roughly half the list, leaving us with a mere ten trainer classes where the female is not dressing overly revealing without having a specific reason to, three of whom wear revealing clothes in other games. Contrast the 29 cases of overly revealing female clothes in category 2.

The most worrying thing is that all the female main characters are so badly underdressed, but it's also a little unnerving how common such clothing appears to be in the world Pokémon.

Oh, and good luck trying to find a female character with a somewhat healthy BMI who isn't elderly. The closest I got was the Baker trainer class.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I think there's one final thing we need to look into for the female short-shorts issue: customization. Gen VI & VII gives female player characters the choice to change clothes, so maybe they provide more less provocative(?) cover:

Jeans/Pants (Ascented (4), Bold Stiped (3), Damaged (1), Skinny (7)) = 15 Total

Shorts (Cross-Laced (2), Damaged (1), Jean (7)) = 10 Total

Skirt (Denim Mini (3), Pleated Kilt (2), Pleated (4), Scalloped (2), Scalloped Tier (3), Striped Pleated (3), Tiered Satin (2)) = 19 Total

Dress = 10 Total

Gen VI you only have 15 skin tight pants, otherwise you're walking around just barely covering your underwear.
BTW, here's a small sample of the boy's pants and shorts:

(Boys have 13 pants/jeans and 3 shorts, BTW)

Notice how the boy shorts are, you know, shorts.

Shorts (Athletic (2), Casual (7), Frayed Denim (3), Luran* (1), Pleated (7), Sporty (5/6*), Vacation* (1)) = 24/27* Total

Skirts (Bordered (7), Flower-Print* (7), Nurse (1)*) = 7/15* Total

Pants/Jeans (Capri (7), Distressed (3)) = 10 Total

Miniskirt (Plaid (7), Pleated (7))

* Denotes only available in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

Gen VII only have 10 pants (which don't even go down all the way, but to be fair so do the boys) though the normal skirts at least go down to the knees; though shorts are still essentially just a second pair of underwear.
And as before, a sample of boy's pants/jeans and shorts:

(Boys have 27/29* shorts and 29/30* pants/jeans. AND...)

BUT WAIT! USUM did give boys one shorts-short:

(Hello, Ladies)

But that aside (and it's for a bonus, outlandish costume anyway), once again boys receive moderate sized shorts.

So, yeah, customization isn't any better. If anything, it's more of an indication there's a lean to give girls more revealing clothes as we see with the males they have moderate length shorts. Curious if you can hack clothing onto another gender...

Last edited:
BUT WAIT! USUM did give boys one shorts-short:

(Hello, Ladies)

But that aside (and it's for a bonus, outlandish costume anyway), once again boys receiver moderate sized shorts.
That's the only piece of the Hakamo-o clothing set I didn't use. I went for regular black jeans which, when used alongside the Hakamo-o greaves, gives the illusion of being full-length pants.

While it's true that character customization lets us fix at least one part of the problem... NPCs still leave quite a bit to be desired.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Sorry but has anyone here been to a middle/high school recently? The standard fashion for girls is shorts (or “second pair of underwear” lol) or tighter jeans, and Pokemon npcs aren’t particularly sexualized in any extreme regard and are moreso just dressing “in the period”, i.e girls typically wear much shorter shorts than boys do, and tell me when you see cargo pants being standard women’s fashion. On that note, I’m all for adding cargo pants as an all gender player customization option

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Sorry but has anyone here been to a middle/high school recently? The standard fashion for girls is shorts (or “second pair of underwear” lol) or tighter jeans, and Pokemon npcs aren’t particularly sexualized in any extreme regard and are moreso just dressing “in the period”, i.e girls typically wear much shorter shorts than boys do, and tell me when you see cargo pants being standard women’s fashion. On that note, I’m all for adding cargo pants as an all gender player customization option
As a matter of fact yes I have been and I can confirm that while most of the characters are alright some of these are just over the top. Now, don't get me wrong, it's definitely there and I think Codra you are exaggerating a lot in some parts, but it's not on the level of mons. 11 year olds - dude that is 6th grade in the US at most and some of them are more sexualized than fucking 17 year old girls - in particular, Hikari from Diamond/Pearl and especially Hilda are wearing incredibly racy outfits. Hilda I just can't get over. Like the other ones it's not out of the ordinary but that outfit - with ripped everything and those shorts my god - that's stuff I don't see even the most racy girls at my school wear and believe me this is the kind of school that would do that.

It's the NPCs though that really get at this. Like, I get bikinis are alright but a lot of them look like the skimpiest string bikinis possible. And the fighting girls... man I have never seen such short shorts for it and I'm in P.E. every day with a bunch of girls who do everything they can to get a boyfriend.

Back when I really knew japanese culture and this stuff well I could've commented more but while this isn't the worst case of this sexualization it's really bad.

on a final note,
Furthering onto that point how tf are any of these characters 11 years old, just don’t give a definite age so you don’t double take every time an npc asks you if you’re 11 in game, doesn’t make sense to give the silent protagonist a set age when the player is supposed to project onto the avatar (which is helped by the ambiguous 12-16 year old look they’ve all had recently)
The age of some of the characters are revealed or implied. I believe that it's around 10-11 up until Gen 5, where they're 12 or 13 or so (which is 7th grade, so Hilda's outfit is still a problem) and in Gen 6 they are implied to be full teenagers (serena's not that racy relative to some of the others but the zettai ryouiki is very apparent). In SM they are 11. I think I read this on Smogon actually so it's here somewhere.

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
I do have a real problem with most of the player characters being 11, I've never seen any 11 year olds that look like, act like (in the case of the rivals), or do anything a player character does in real life. They should really just not mention the age of the player characters so that they can stay in the ambiguous teenager age range, no reason to give the emotionless silent protagonist an age (also kinda pedo-y)

The bikinis in game are not anything you wouldn't see at the beach

Hilda is 14 btw, which puts her in the 8-9th grade area (still weird tho).

All I'm saying is that if the people here have an issue with short shorts talk to the society we live in and not the developers at Game Freak

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I think we might be missing the point here.

The point isn't woman shouldn't wear short-shorts, miniskirts, or other revealing clothing. Not at all, if woman wants to dress that way more power to them.

The point is, at least to me, is that it seems to be the ONLY other option the 11-15 year old female playable character has if they don't want to wear the skin tight jeans (though Gen VII does give them longer skirts). The boys shorts are knee length, yet none of the girl's are?

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
I think we might be missing the point here.

The point isn't woman shouldn't wear short-shorts, miniskirts, or other revealing clothing. Not at all, if woman wants to dress that way more power to them.

The point is, at least to me, is that it seems to be the ONLY other option the 11-15 year old female playable character has if they don't want to wear the skin tight jeans (though Gen VII does give them longer skirts). The boys shorts are knee length, yet none of the girl's are?
Well then there's the reverse argument of the only male short-shorts being some sort of stupid kneepad thing, and I want my male character to rock short shorts. It's a real lack of customization, really, and I guess they just felt that the time spent making knee length shorts could be better spent elsewhere. We'll just have to see what they do in future generations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 17)