Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be really nice to be able to open multiple teambuilder tabs at once/side by side..that would allow quick reference/comparing of different teams without having to press back and open up another team, and so on... The number of tabs opened could be limited to like say 3 or 4 or something like that... Looking forward to it.

xJolteon

Banned deucer.
I would like to suggest using vpnblocker's APIs in order to lock VPN players, vpnblocker is way better than the actual system to detect if someone is using VPN (the actual system is based on scripts but vpnblocker have 125 millions of VPN's ASN in order to block all of them), also is very cheaper, if you want more info about this you need to click the following link: https://vpnblocker.net/pricing (I only post that link for information purposes, no advertising or any related).
121152-dc57f32cf60212665ceb0e366c8adc29.png
VPN Blocker

Last edited:
Room specific highlights would be a huge help. For instance, if I could highlight on 1v1 in the RMT room, it would be a big help, but since i'm in the 1v1 room and the OM room all the time I can't do that without getting spammed by highlights. There's somethign similar with Oms I play and monotype, or when I want to be highlighted by people asking for auth / staff in rooms I'm staff in but not in rooms where I can't do anything.

xJolteon

Banned deucer.
Hello PS! I have more fresh suggestions!
-The spoiler hidden-text will show an "spoiler" message on it, for the player knows that's an spoiler (███spoiler███) this applies for all types of spoiler, all long spoiler's formatting.
-Give users the ability to see what punishment he has by typing a command like /mypunishment or something you like, this will display the punishment, reason and the staff that punish you.
-Give users the ability to see he's story with all punishment he has on the modlog, so this will show the modlog but without modnotes for the user; this is requiered by law, GPDR ask all European reachable websites (all websites you can enter in Europe, no matters if American) to give the user a "download all my information" features, this includes all modlogs, IP adresses & private message also you need to delete that private information after a certain time, you are not allowed to store it on your databases forever.
-Give staff a second oportunity if they commit an error, so if the error is lite the staff will not be demoted and will be locked/banned instance but he will don't lose the staff rank, this is like "Staff second opportunities" because staff works for free, so is injust to demote them because is hard to get an staff position.

Last edited:
Hey, this may seem like something of a bizarre request, but...could you include the possibility of using items in the "Anything Goes" battles? Like, might it be possible to use X-Items, Max Revives, Guard Specs, Full Heals...all that good stuff? I'm thinking that, with some proper limitations (like only 3x of each item, or something), that could make for a very fun metagame.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Hey, this may seem like something of a bizarre request, but...could you include the possibility of using items in the "Anything Goes" battles? Like, might it be possible to use X-Items, Max Revives, Guard Specs, Full Heals...all that good stuff? I'm thinking that, with some proper limitations (like only 3x of each item, or something), that could make for a very fun metagame.
Those are not usable during normal Wi-Fi play, which the simulator is based on, so that won't happen for AG at least. Might be something for some other special metagame but I don't think that's a priority for any developer to make really.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
in-game items for Custom Games sounds quite amusing and interesting, but if it would be allowed (and it might not be if custom still is supposed to replicate wifi battling, just absent the legality checks that don't affect mechanics present for things like AG) coding in the items/effects/priorities/interactions/legalities as well as an interface to bring and use them with is probably more work for an end without much "practical" value than a developer would be willing to commit to it.

Those are not usable during normal Wi-Fi play, which the simulator is based on, so that won't happen for AG at least. Might be something for some other special metagame but I don't think that's a priority for any developer to make really.
in-game items for Custom Games sounds quite amusing and interesting, but if it would be allowed (and it might not be if custom still is supposed to replicate wifi battling, just absent the legality checks that don't affect mechanics present for things like AG) coding in the items/effects/priorities/interactions/legalities as well as an interface to bring and use them with is probably more work for an end without much "practical" value than a developer would be willing to commit to it.
Gen 5 had something called the Wonder Launcher, which let you spend points accumulated in battle on items.

I just fought in a battle where my opponent disconnected and reconnected five times. There should be a TKO implementation where if you disconnect three times during a match, you automatically forfeit.

Well, if anyone is ever looking for anything to do, that would be wonderful. There's a hack I want to make one day; and there's not really a way to play test the later battles without being able to have those sorts of matches myself :(

A description space for each team would be super nice. Like some way to write / review a description for each team.

This would be nice for a lot of things, especially:
Writing weaknesses and strengths of each team
Noting what to work on
How a team can be used
Organizational purposes

This feature would be especially useful with people who have dozens of teams, as it allows people to review the main points of a team when returning to the team after a long time.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Somewhat minor complaint with how tournaments work
tourbefore.PNG

This is the room scoreboard for 1v1 before the most recent official tournament as of posting this.
tourafter.PNG

And this is just after the tournament finished. The user lavaman65 changed devices while waiting for the opponent on the other side of the bracket to catch up, and ended up being forced onto this default Guest account. I tried to see if having him play his match outside of the tournament and dq'ing the loser could work, but it did nothing, and lavaman was instead removed from the tournament as if he never entered, as you can see by his record remaining the same.

My suggestion to combat this is to make tournaments based on usernames instead of IP addresses, and to make it so that unregistered and non-autoconfirmed accounts cannot join tournaments, so that people can't screw around with the system.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Somewhat minor complaint with how tournaments work
View attachment 122317
This is the room scoreboard for 1v1 before the most recent official tournament as of posting this.
View attachment 122318
And this is just after the tournament finished. The user lavaman65 changed devices while waiting for the opponent on the other side of the bracket to catch up, and ended up being forced onto this default Guest account. I tried to see if having him play his match outside of the tournament and dq'ing the loser could work, but it did nothing, and lavaman was instead removed from the tournament as if he never entered, as you can see by his record remaining the same.

My suggestion to combat this is to make tournaments based on usernames instead of IP addresses, and to make it so that unregistered and non-autoconfirmed accounts cannot join tournaments, so that people can't screw around with the system.
Hi, the system is actually based on usernames not IPs. IPs are only used to prevent alts from joining the tournament. Heres probably what happened based on your description:

lavaman65 wanted to change to a different device, so he logged out. PS reset his name since he logged out. So for example, his name is now Guest 34

He logs into lavaman on the new device, with a new guest number. eg: its now lavaman65. PS can't tell these users are the same because the names don't match (guest 34 !== lavaman65). Thats why the tournament didn't recognize he was a part of it.

User merge code for reference: https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/blob/master/users.js#L873-L897

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Hi, the system is actually based on usernames not IPs. IPs are only used to prevent alts from joining the tournament. Heres probably what happened based on your description:

lavaman65 wanted to change to a different device, so he logged out. PS reset his name since he logged out. So for example, his name is now Guest 34

He logs into lavaman on the new device, with a new guest number. eg: its now lavaman65. PS can't tell these users are the same because the names don't match (guest 34 !== lavaman65). Thats why the tournament didn't recognize he was a part of it.

User merge code for reference: https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/blob/master/users.js#L873-L897
Fair enough. But is there no way to prevent PS from resetting your name upon logging out? Mostly in regards to maintaining your position in tournaments.

I suggest logging into the new device before logging out of the old one.
Actually that doesn't quite work because nowadays the log out button disconnects all of your devices, so he just needs to avoid logging out until after the tournament has finished. If he wants to close the other device without leaving it logged in then use a browser that supports incognito or private browsing.

wuhoodude

Goodbye Bewear
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to suggest another feature to silence annoying spectators in battle rooms. Even though there is modchat and modjoin, there's not really a feature to single out individual spectators. I think there should be like a mute feature that battlers can use on specific spectators. There is an ignore spectators button and battlers can set up modchat, but that forces you to ignore all spectators and you have to manually promote users for them to speak with modchat enabled. And if the situation worsens, there should be a way to kick a specific user from spectating the battle after they have joined. This would be useful if you forget to make the battle invite only beforehand, or if you invite someone and you no longer want them to spectate for whatever reason.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I'd like to suggest another feature to silence annoying spectators in battle rooms. Even though there is modchat and modjoin, there's not really a feature to single out individual spectators. I think there should be like a mute feature that battlers can use on specific spectators. There is an ignore spectators button and battlers can set up modchat, but that forces you to ignore all spectators and you have to manually promote users for them to speak with modchat enabled. And if the situation worsens, there should be a way to kick a specific user from spectating the battle after they have joined. This would be useful if you forget to make the battle invite only beforehand, or if you invite someone and you no longer want them to spectate for whatever reason.
/ignore [username], /kick is not a command due to the fact that its pretty easy and tempting to abuse it (kick someone as a joke) w/o much consequence.

Make Pokedex sortable by stats like it used to be. For example. Go to SM OU click the arrow that is supposed to be at the top of all base stats and you can sort by that base stat.

xJolteon

Banned deucer.
Make all PS! punishments by IPv4, username, userid, cookies, Mac Adress, IPv6 (this includes the Mac Adress) to stop people evading bans, also kick VPN users from the server instance of autolocking them (eg. Kick screen: VPN is not allowed on Pokémon Showdown! Please disable it and log in).

peach

just know that if you hide it doesn't go away
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
IPv4, username, userid
already in place
pointless when anyone can just open a new tab or clear their history to evade
Mac Adress
not even visible to the server
IPv6 (this includes the Mac Adress)
ipv6 isnt supported by ps
kick VPN users from the server instance of autolocking them
why should vpn users not be allowed to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)