AAA Almost Any Ability

Out of interest, what does everyone think of magpull in this meta? Does it make games too matchup based? Is the counterplay to it unreasonable? Is it possible to adequately prepare for it while running steel types? Have you kinda stopped running steel types altogether? Do you ever have a team where mag would just square it off but you don't put it on because it's too unreliable and matchup based?
I haven't played much, mostly because when I get free time to play, no one is on. Plus, there are other metas and tiers competing for my time. That said, I do build teams, and it seems (at least in theory) centralizing. Trappers can run a plethora of coverage moves, like fire, fighting, and ground, so immunity abilities are unreliable. Infernape seems particularly good at this, given it gets STAB on two of these types. However, you still have to find out which ability the steel types you're trapping have. It could be costly if you guess wrong, but that's still at least a 50/50. That said, I'd prefer less guess work, which this introduces. Eject button also makes it really easy to trap Pokemon with taking a hit or predicting a switch. Shed shell is a thing, though it is a little limiting.

Overall, I wouldn't mind a meta/tier where steel types don't dominate, for a change. You don't see many bugs in Ubers, but that's fine. I think it's fine if a particular type is unviable in a tier/meta. Like I said, I don't play much, so I'm not going side with banning, suspecting, or ignoring it. These are just my thoughts.

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Out of interest, what does everyone think of magpull in this meta? Does it make games too matchup based? Is the counterplay to it unreasonable? Is it possible to adequately prepare for it while running steel types? Have you kinda stopped running steel types altogether? Do you ever have a team where mag would just square it off but you don't put it on because it's too unreliable and matchup based?
I think Magnet Pull is healthy for the metagame and has fairly simple counterplay.
Steel Types absolutely dominate AAA. Typically hindered by poor abilities but useful due to their typing and stats, Steel Types find their perfect home in AAA with the option to eliminate their weaknesses or strengthen themselves in other ways. Magearna is the obvious example, a mon I would recommend banning if it was not for Magnet Pull. Skarmory is the other notable defensive Steel, with Jirachi and Celesteela occasionally fitting on teams, and Lucario & Bisharp being the prominent offensive threats. Magnet Pull was essentially used exclusively for Skarmory in Gen6, and now is just used for Magearna. Shed Shell is the perfect answer, and its not like Magearna isn't still a great mon without an AV. Skarmory can do the same, but also benefits from common FF sets. Bisharp can beat many Magnet Pullers by itself, and Lucario has fallen out of favor in the metagame for different reasons. I strongly caution any action against Magnet Pull without first looking at Magearna.

If we want to talk about something with no counterplay though... I raise you Weavile.

ninjask.gif
Look at this little fly, i think that it have a lot of attacks with 60 of Pow, so Technician is a good idea for it.
Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Feint Attack

View attachment 129276Look at this little fly, i think that it have a lot of attacks with 60 of Pow, so Technician is a good idea for it.
Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Feint Attack
It has a horrendous typing both offensively and defensively, weak initial Attack, shit bulk and a terrible x4 weakness to Stealth Rock, so better don't use it.

So after seeing Zeraora getting released, I figured it would be fun to try out in AAA as well. It's high speed tier+decent coverage is its main appeal. I could definitely see something like CB Adaptability being used with Fire Punch, Plasma Fists, Close Combat and Knock Off, but quite frankly it seems like a worse Pixilate/Galvanize Koko, due to its lack of U-Turn as well as a secondary stab. I suppose something like a physically based mixed lure set with Hp Ice, Close Combat, Plasma fists and flying coverage (Acro / Z Bounce) could be cool as well, as it would be able to to lure out Buzzwole for an offensive partner like say for instance Zygarde, and possibly Lando/Zyg if you bluff being fully physical.

In any case, I haven't actually gotten to toy around with those yet. Instead, I wanted to use a CM set first:

Zeraora @ Electrium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Due to the excess of Volt Absorb and Unaware mons running around, I figured Mold Breaker would be a cool tech to get around this, as otherwise it would not be able to do much. Due to its high speed tier + Mold Breaker to surpass Volt Absorb, Zeraora is able to revenge mons like Noivern, Mamoswine, unboosted Landorus / Weavile / Thundurus / Volcarona, Adamant +1 Zygarde/M-Gyara (prior to mega it oftentimes uses Volt Absorb, but Mold Breaker lets you go straight through that) etc. Additonally, it is also able to threaten out mons such as Celesteela, Tapu Fini, Toxapex, etc (without having to fear the aforementioned usually obnoxious ability) which it can capitalize on by setting up Calm Minds.

I Picked Electrium Z in order to aid its otherwise mediocre STAB. This lets it OHKO mons such as the aforementioned Steela, Fini, Pex, Gyara (after mega evolving), and does way more to common RegenVest users such as Magearna And Muk-A. I suppose one could opt for Fightinium Z instead in order to do more to the likes of Ferrothorn, Heatran and Snorlax. However, in my experience thus far, Electrium has been more useful for the most part, as I have ran into lots of situations where Fightinium Z would simply not be able to do enough damage, whereas Electrium Z has been able to do just that. Chansey walls you no matter what if you're special, so that's a lost cause either way. Additionally, if you can managed to hit Focus Blast, you will be able to 1v1 the likes of Tran and Ferro anyway with the aid of CM. HP Ice picks off the aforementioned Noivern, Zyg and Lando. The speed IVs lets it outspeed Tapu Koko. The remaining EVs were simply put into HP in order to improve its overall bulk.

Thoughts on this as a concept? Am I simply looking for gold where there is none, or do you think I might be on to something - is its ability to act as a revenge killer and potential set up sweeper (acting as a win con) perhaps a worthwhile niche? Looking forward to the response!

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.

So after seeing Zeraora getting released, I figured it would be fun to try out in AAA as well. It's high speed tier+decent coverage is its main appeal. I could definitely see something like CB Adaptability being used with Fire Punch, Plasma Fists, Close Combat and Knock Off, but quite frankly it seems like a worse Pixilate/Galvanize Koko, due to its lack of U-Turn as well as a secondary stab. I suppose something like a physically based mixed lure set with Hp Ice, Close Combat, Plasma fists and flying coverage (Acro / Z Bounce) could be cool as well, as it would be able to to lure out Buzzwole for an offensive partner like say for instance Zygarde, and possibly Lando/Zyg if you bluff being fully physical.

In any case, I haven't actually gotten to toy around with those yet. Instead, I wanted to use a CM set first:

Zeraora @ Electrium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Due to the excess of Volt Absorb and Unaware mons running around, I figured Mold Breaker would be a cool tech to get around this, as otherwise it would not be able to do much. Due to its high speed tier + Mold Breaker to surpass Volt Absorb, Zeraora is able to revenge mons like Noivern, Mamoswine, unboosted Landorus / Weavile / Thundurus / Volcarona, Adamant +1 Zygarde/M-Gyara (prior to mega it oftentimes uses Volt Absorb, but Mold Breaker lets you go straight through that) etc. Additonally, it is also able to threaten out mons such as Celesteela, Tapu Fini, Toxapex, etc (without having to fear the aforementioned usually obnoxious ability) which it can capitalize on by setting up Calm Minds.

I Picked Electrium Z in order to aid its otherwise mediocre STAB. This lets it OHKO mons such as the aforementioned Steela, Fini, Pex, Gyara (after mega evolving), and does way more to common RegenVest users such as Magearna And Muk-A. I suppose one could opt for Fightinium Z instead in order to do more to the likes of Ferrothorn, Heatran and Snorlax. However, in my experience thus far, Electrium has been more useful for the most part, as I have ran into lots of situations where Fightinium Z would simply not be able to do enough damage, whereas Electrium Z has been able to do just that. Chansey walls you no matter what if you're special, so that's a lost cause either way. Additionally, if you can managed to hit Focus Blast, you will be able to 1v1 the likes of Tran and Ferro anyway with the aid of CM. HP Ice picks off the aforementioned Noivern, Zyg and Lando. The speed IVs lets it outspeed Tapu Koko. The remaining EVs were simply put into HP in order to improve its overall bulk.

Thoughts on this as a concept? Am I simply looking for gold where there is none, or do you think I might be on to something - is its ability to act as a revenge killer and potential set up sweeper (acting as a win con) perhaps a worthwhile niche? Looking forward to the response!
The idea of a moldbreaker electric type is very attractive. Zeraora, however, I don't think fills that set up special attacking role very well. Xurkitree w/ a sky high special attack and ridiculous Tail Glow at its disposal allows it to really punish defensive minded teams. I think you were more on the money w/ the CB Adapt set, but instead of Adapt, I would opt for tough claws. It boosts CC, Knock Off, and Fire Punch. Hope this feedback was useful

Regenvest Magearna seems really annoying, having a stupid amount of bulk and just pulling a ton of momentum in general. Me and an acquaintance of mine wanted a hard stop to it that didn't neuter the overall viability of the pokemon itself (stuff like Volt Absorb Heatran means you aren't running other amazing sets like desoland, for example). We worked together and on behalf of them... I hereby present...

Regenvest Swampert
Swampert @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Mirror Coat

Earthquake is run instead of earth power, to deal more damage to av magearna and ensures you aren't setup fodder for volcarona.
It's immune to volt switch, resists steel, and takes surprisingly little from even the strongest of neutral special attacks! Swampert has great overall 100/90/90 bulk as well, meaning it can even tank some physical hits if need be. Here's a showcase of some obscenely powerful special hits that this Pert can hard body.
252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Psychic vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Swampert in Psychic Terrain: 142-168 (35.2 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Swampert in Psychic Terrain: 267-315 (66.2 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Noivern Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Swampert: 172-204 (42.6 - 50.6%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Mega Launcher Hydreigon Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Swampert: 156-184 (38.7 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Swampert: 218-258 (54 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Blacephalon Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Swampert: 129-152 (32 - 37.7%) -- 89.7% chance to 3HKO

252+ SpA Xurkitree Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Swampert: 276-328 (68.4 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As you can see, Swampert can take on even the most murderous extremes of special wallbreaking with a regenvest set.
Now you may be wondering, why not just run a different regenvest ground type? Out of all the qualities that Swampert uses to carve a niche, mirror coat is the biggest one. Swampert and Gastrodon are the only ground types that learn mirror coat. Why is this important? It means that this is the only regenvest user with an immunity to volt switch, AND the ability to ohko the exceedingly few special attackers that try to 2hko through Swampert.

Grass resists are Swampert's best friend, notably steel/flying types. Skarmory compensates this regenvest user with extremely high physical bulk, and loves Swampert's ability to take special and electric attacks. Enjoy blocking Magearna for days!

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
While I'm by no means a good AAA player, I thought I'd dump two sets that I've been memeing with that have brought me a little success.

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Ability: Neuroforce
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 SpA
Brave Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Crunch

Yes I know I've posted this in the room like 10 times. So sue me.
This set is intended to act as a lure to some top tier threats. I'll let the calcs speak for themselves.
252+ Atk Life Orb Neuroforce Tyranitar Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 354-419 (97.5 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
24 SpA Life Orb Neuroforce Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 188 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 432-510 (106.9 - 126.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
24 SpA Life Orb Neuroforce Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Buzzwole: 419-494 (100.4 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This set is intended to function by hitting things on switchin; its terrible speed stat and awful defensive typing means that it will not be able to 1v1 the things its intended to lure at all reliably. As such it requires good prediction skills. It pairs well with Pokemon that appreciate the removal of Zygarde, Magearna, Buzzwole, or I guess Hippowdon (it outspeeds 0 speed Hippo and 2hkos with Ice Beam unless Thick Fat or heavily invested in Special Defense). It's coverage is really wide so it can nail a ton of mons by surprise, but I think that being able to lure the three best Pokemon in AAA is pretty neat.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Galvanize
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Waterfall
- Earthquake / Crunch
- Dragon Dance

This set is designed to take down some of its own post-mega checks with its pre-mega ability. Many of the Pokemon people use to deal with Gyarados are bulky waters, which Galvanize Return can do large amounts of damage to.

252 Atk Galvanize Gyarados Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Fini: 170-202 (49.5 - 58.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Galvanize Gyarados Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 170-202 (42 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

You can either set up (dangerous if they carry scald, but sometimes necessary) or simply spam Return against them. Once you've beaten the bulky waters you can mega evolve and sweep or dent their team.

This set obviously has trouble with Volt Absorb waters, but that hasn't been too big a problem for me. Water/Grounds aren't that big of a problem because they're neutral to Waterfall. Facade might seem tempting to prevent power drops from Scald burns, but the power drop loses you lots of 2hkos and once you're burnt you can't sweep as Mega Gyarados anyway, so it's better to just avoid burns or carry cleric support.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, I have a cool set and it seems to work well, but I'm trash at building around it.

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Earth Power

This can be a super threatening late-game sweeper against balanced and offensive teams. The idea is that you get it in on a physical attacker at some point, it fails to OHKO you, while you Nasty Plot up. At this point you will be at +2 Attack, -1 Defensive, +2 Speed (so really just a pseudo Shell Smash). Very few things can take a hit at +2, especially when you can either nuke them with Genesis Supernova, or are in Psychic Terrain. Additionally, if there are priority users on the opponent's team, you can just use Genesis Supernova to set it for 5 turns!

Some things to weaken are obviously Chansey (35% damage), Muk-Alola (50% damage) and opposing Mew (50% damage), or rare things like Mandibuzz. Generally, though, offensive teams don't run these, or don't keep them healthy enough to check this, as who really expects a Weak Armor Mew? A few other things may need some chip damage as well, most noticeably Assault Vest Magearna.

I haven't really managed to build a good team around it yet, but I've seen how easily it can sweep (or pressure) even when not supported well. I hope to see someone else could use it better, as it can be devastating to face for a lot of teams. Nothing outspeeds, and priority is useless, so your offensive checks are useless (like against Minior)!

Alright, I have a cool set and it seems to work well, but I'm trash at building around it.

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Earth Power

This can be a super threatening late-game sweeper against balanced and offensive teams. The idea is that you get it in on a physical attacker at some point, it fails to OHKO you, while you Nasty Plot up. At this point you will be at +2 Attack, -1 Defensive, +2 Speed (so really just a pseudo Shell Smash). Very few things can take a hit at +2, especially when you can either nuke them with Genesis Supernova, or are in Psychic Terrain. Additionally, if there are priority users on the opponent's team, you can just use Genesis Supernova to set it for 5 turns!

Some things to weaken are obviously Chansey (35% damage), Muk-Alola (50% damage) and opposing Mew (50% damage), or rare things like Mandibuzz. Generally, though, offensive teams don't run these, or don't keep them healthy enough to check this, as who really expects a Weak Armor Mew? A few other things may need some chip damage as well, most noticeably Assault Vest Magearna.

I haven't really managed to build a good team around it yet, but I've seen how easily it can sweep (or pressure) even when not supported well. I hope to see someone else could use it better, as it can be devastating to face for a lot of teams. Nothing outspeeds, and priority is useless, so your offensive checks are useless (like against Minior)!
Another cool ability to think about is rattled, since any super effective hit will activate it (could also drop Mewnium z for weakness policy if you do this).

I've been thinking of using tinted lens myself, though you have to be careful of TTar. I was thinking double dance plus psychic and aura sphere, but TTar sometime runs bulletproof. Maybe dazzling gleam or drain punch, if you don't mind using work up (which also stops Chansey from walking you, unless it's unaware).

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Another cool ability to think about is rattled, since any super effective hit will activate it (could also drop Mewnium z for weakness policy if you do this).

I've been thinking of using tinted lens myself, though you have to be careful of TTar. I was thinking double dance plus psychic and aura sphere, but TTar sometime runs bulletproof. Maybe dazzling gleam or drain punch, if you don't mind using work up (which also stops Chansey from walking you, unless it's unaware).
If you are gonna run Weakness Policy, you might be better off going Prism Armor + Rock Polish, it's much better than getting hit harder for mere boost

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
AAA Teambuilding Challenge Introduction

Hey everyone, I'm restarting a AAA specific challenge earlier run by Laxpras, here are the rules:
  • You have 1 week to create a team, test it, and tell me why it is the best.
  • You will post your team with accompanying descriptions of why it works.
  • Replays in general are preferred, so that everyone sees the team in action
  • Any willing council members and I will be the judge of teams on an extremely subjectively objective basis
  • Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Honorable Mention awards will be handed out
  • Award winning users will be placed in the AAA Teambuilding Hall of Fame!, the best team will be added to the samples! (This gives us new sample teams too, since now the meta will change considerably)
  • Most importantly, I just want to see the creative juices flowing, I won't put that many restrictions so that team is still viable in general unlike what some people complained last time, just something you'll be asked to build around and there'll be a something banned.
ebe.gif

Week 1
To Use:
Lets start with a bit of OMPL flavour, Hustle
Ban :
Everyone's favourite defogger, Tapu Fini
Who can build the best and most consistent team? Let's find out!
Things that judges will consider:
  • Creativity
  • Viability (How do you beat common mons like Magearna? Does your team even need your strategy? What about priority?)
  • Ability to beat different playstyles (offense, stall, weather, balance)
  • Let us know how your team meets these goals!
Things judges don't care about:
  • A replay of your team beating another user with no experience in AAA, seriously if we are going to use your team as the face of the meta, we'll need a bit of proof.
Good Luck and I hope you guys participate, since its actually time to make AAA great again, not just use the hashtag :mehowth:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sevi-OP-er

Well, this is actually not an AAAPU team, it was a !randpoke 6, !uber, !lc, !nfe, !lcuber team. Still, it has... won a ladder match, and won the randpoke match against TheCoastsOfToast I believe.

Chandelure @ Firium Z
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Flame Charge
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast

Chandelure is the sweeper of the team. It's a very strong Pokemon to get in a !randpoke match, especially compared to the rest of the team. It uses Desolate Land to increase its own power, while also checking opposing weather, which is a very viable and threatening strategy in randpokes, as anything could get a random speed boost... If possible, get it in late game, use Flame Charge, and then wreck havoc. Firium-Z is for the ultimate nuke if you face something bulky!

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Roost

Scyther is the dedicated Defogger, and can switch in on a lot of Pokemon. It can obtain momentum with U-turn, and be annoying with Knock Off. Really not much special about this. Roost is for recovery. You can also fit in Toxic over Knock Off to be a bit more annoying to defensive Pokemon.

Solrock @ Leftovers
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun
- Stone Edge
- Will-O-Wisp

Another Desolate Land 'mon? Yeah! But this time it's really purely for defensive purposes. Desolate Land stops its weakness to Water type Pokemon, and gives it great recovery in Morning Sun. It has actually fairly decent defenses, and can check the common Normal, Flying and Water types well! In a pinch, it can also take most attacks to Will-o-Wisp something. A great thing about dual primal weather is that if you face Primordial Sea, you can just switch to the other primal weather user!

Mightyena @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Howl
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Crunch

So... I got Mightyena. And it's actually surprisingly decent for a team like this! Sucker Punch is quite strong, and so is Crunch. You don't use Howl or Play Rough much, but it can be useful at times if you face the correct 'mons. However, I'd advice using this mostly to revenge kill, or do pretty good damage with its STAB!

Seviper @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Aqua Tail

Here's the star of the show, which steals the Hustle Zygarde strategy. Coil allows it to set up on defensive Pokemon, or things like Fighting, Bug, Poison, Grass and Fairy types, many of which have a tendency of not being able to touch it! Poison Jab is an obvious STAB, with Aqua Tail giving coverage for Rock, Ground and Steel types. Sucker Punch is for faster Pokemon, and can also hit Ghost types super effectively. This has a Z Crystal, just like Chandelure. Which you use really depends on which 'mon you can sweep with better. All in all, was very fun to use! Just be aware that people can Sub on the Sucker Punch...

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Substitute
- Gastro Acid

Bulky af! I thought one of its main problems in normal battling was that it can't touch Poison and Steel types at all, without using Soak... so I used Corrosion here. You can also run like any defensive ability, but this seemed fun to me. The other moves were really just to stall things out, and Gastro Acid can neutralise opposing Poison Heal. However, it's quite filler. You can also run something like Counter here, or over the Substitute team.

Well that was the team, I hope I inspired someone else to post. This team went undefeated on the ladder (in its one match), so I advice it be added to the sample teams. Also Solrock may need to be banned, just saying.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So this is kind of a fun set I came up with:

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Aerilate / Refrigerate
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rapid Spin
- Return
- Liquidation

The point of this set is that you cannot be spinblocked. Aerilate lets you kill Buzzwole, while Refrigerate gives you powerful STAB. Shell Smash is just in case you don't need its spinning abilities. Not sure how good this is but it's def fun imo.

I was wondering about this set, ive seen it a lot

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

rickienon

I COULD BE BANNED!
Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Teravolt
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance

Tapu Koko @ Choice Band
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Landorus @ Choice Band
Ability: Magnet Pull
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Blacephalon @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Mind Blown
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 156 HP / 120 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
for sample teams

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Teravolt
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance

Tapu Koko @ Choice Band
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Landorus @ Choice Band
Ability: Magnet Pull
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Blacephalon @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Mind Blown
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 156 HP / 120 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
for sample teams
You’ve posted a couple teams for sample, but you haven’t explained how to use them at all. Additionally, you don’t show proof that these teams are successful on the ladder. Maybe you could add descriptions and high-ladder replays of the teams winning?

rickienon

I COULD BE BANNED!
You’ve posted a couple teams for sample, but you haven’t explained how to use them at all. Additionally, you don’t show proof that these teams are successful on the ladder. Maybe you could add descriptions and high-ladder replays of the teams winning?
sorry i didn't have enough time to write it
This is a Web HO team that aims to let Garchomp sweep. As you see, the given EV's on mon allows them to safely revenge kill AAA Meta pokemon. Ribombe with Teravolt can pass Magic Bounce users, and ignore non-prankster Taunt users. Pixilate Tapu Koko allows you to keep Fairy pressure on Dark types, and giving 4-type attack to high Spe and Atk allows new players to experience the meta even more. Landorus allows you to trap Steel-types like Levitate Magnezone (also blocking its Volt Switch), Ferrothorn and even non-scarf Heatran (which is very safe to switch if you have full Health and Heatran doesn't run HP Ice), however, you must be watch out for trapping Levitate users, as your Earthquake doesn't affect them and you will be waste your trapping ability because you're using a Choice item. Blacephalon with Magic Guard and Life Orb allows you to punch the holes and break the walls without no sacrifice because Magic Guard allows you to avoid damage from Life Orb and Mind Blown. The other three opitons are for type-coverage but you can replace HP Grass with HP Ground for handling Fire types. Also, Blacephalon can be a good check for ExSpeed sweepers and is a rapid spin blocker. Weavile is your Ice-type support, this team also needs a Ice-type coverage (which is none of them cannot counter Dragon types or Thick Fat Gliscor except for Garchomp, which is main sweeper), so Weavile gives you Knock Off and Ice damage support.
When you got a safe time, Switch Garchomp to mons like Defog or Rapid Spin users so you can benefit from its Beast Boost. BB allows you to boost your speed by 1, allows you to outspeed everything. After gaining enough boosts, you can Mega Evolve can continue to sweep with higher Attack stage. Keep in mind that RefWeavile can OHKO Garchomp with Fake Out, so be careful before you are ready to sweep.

Hope this helps.

How do AAA stall teams usually deal with Magearna? When I try to use stall against Magearna, they just keep spamming volt switch and generating free turns, and I can never seem to kill them. I'm afraid to switch in ground Pokemon because they might use ice beam.

Last edited:

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
How do AAA stall teams usually deal with Magearna? When I try to use stall against Magearna, they just keep spamming volt switch and generating free turns, and I can never seem to kill them. I'm afraid to switch in ground Pokemon because they might use ice beam.
You could opt for Volt Absorb Toxapex. it practically walls Magearna completely

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)