Pokémon Let's Go! - Pikachu and Eevee

Thats unfortunate i was really hoping that we know more about eevee already. At least we know it learns double kick which will open new possibilities for the eeveelutions

No.

Actually, we can't calculate Pikachu's base stats either, because we already know there are stat-boosting candies.
Wait does that mean the estimate before (the 80/80/125 offenses) doesnt mean anything now?

Thats unfortunate i was really hoping that we know more about eevee already. At least we know it learns double kick which will open new possibilities for the eeveelutions
If Flareon can't get Superpower tutored to, then yes, it's possible it'll continue to be awful but with Double Kick filling the spot.

Wait does that mean the estimate before (the 80/80/125 offenses) doesnt mean anything now?
It didn't mean anything in the first place.

Last edited:
No, that's one of the big criticisms of the Switch. You can't backup saves locally at all (and you have to pay to backup saves online, and not all games support that either).

It makes no sense whatsoever for games like Splatoon 2 or Let's Go to not allow cloud saving.

Well, it doesn't unless Cloud Saving is added due to demand from third-parties instead of Nintendo wanting their own games to have it. I'm calling on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate not having it either.

Its fine since switch hackers will probably provide a substitute for cloud saving. Figured nintendo wouldnt have delivered again

I wonder if we'll be allowed to have one save file per system, directly on the cartridge, or for each user. Has this been confirmed yet?

It makes no sense whatsoever for games like Splatoon 2 or Let's Go to not allow cloud saving.
You could easily clone your Pokemon if any Pokemon game officially supported any kind of save backup.

Well, it doesn't unless Cloud Saving is added due to demand from third-parties instead of Nintendo wanting their own games to have it. I'm calling on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate not having it either.
Lots of first-party titles support cloud saves, according to this. But I do recall back in the Wii days that Smash Bros. Brawl didn't support save backups for some unknown reason. Can't speak to SSB4.

Interesting, so Pokenchi just confirmed an "exclusive trailer" for LGPE airing next week, on the 16th. But Masuda is confirmed to appear on the show this week (in ~6 hours if I got my time zones right).

Now I'm about 90% sure that this week's announcement will be nothing more than "we'll announce something next week", and about 70% sure that the upcoming Direct will have no LGPE info in it. I can't see them making more than 1 reveal, let alone 2 or 3, in the span of about a week. So I hope I'm wrong but I'm well-prepared for disappointment.

edit: ninja'd

Welp, I'm genuinely surprised, Pokenchi actually revealed something new this week. Pikachu uses Surf in battle, which means at the very least there'll be some way to legitimately obtain Surfing Pikachu in-game. Worst case it's an event-exclusive, best case it's available normally (whether special occurrence in-game or just through the TM or something). No word (yet) on whether or not the Pikachu's Beach minigame makes any return.

Last edited:
Masuda is showing game footage, just showed Pikachu on the trainer's shoulder using Cut, as well as using Surf on a surfboard. It looks like they replace HMs. Images via Serebii.

Your partner Pokemon (Pikachu and Eevee) can learn special "buddy moves". Pikachu learns a water-type move called ざぶざぶサーフ (not the traditional Surf, which is なみのり) which has a chance to paralyze, and Eevee learns a fire-type move called メラメラバーン , which has a 100% chance to burn.

More footage to come in next week's episode, but according to the trailer here, the footage will be about Mew. Apologies for the quality, I think the trailer will be up on YouTube in a few days, but there's not much of a spoiler here. Shows Mew fighting an Exeggutor and the only moves I can see are Psychic at the top and Ice Beam at the bottom. I'm going to guess that the second move which is in a different color is the move they're going to show in the trailer, which could be a new move?

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
^ Interesting, more evidence for the steelbook rumors (where the speculation is that Pikachu can get Surf and Fly and Eevee can get elemental moves in exchange for not being able to evolve).

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think it was confirmed to have it.

If you freeze frame carefully you can see that the second and third moves are just Fire Blast and Thunderbolt.

If you freeze frame carefully you can see that the second and third moves are just Fire Blast and Thunderbolt.
Aw man, in any case they never actually said new info actually (or did I miss it?), so it might really just be Mew footage.

1536456373549.png

From this video I saw that Pikachu has a 10 PP electric move in its last slot, which doesn't match up with the names of the moves we know of. The closest is Thunder, but according to bulbapedia the last symbol is different, and it's only level 30 which is a bit low to have such a powerful move. The 30 PP fighting type move isn't Double Kick and also has an unknown name. I personally don't know what these mean but hopefully I'm not overlooking something, at best it's a new move or just a PP change and at worst it's a mistake.

EDIT: Oops my b.

A video of Eevee hitting Magnemite with the new fire move. Not sure if this Eevee has any different moves but its fire attack leaves Magnemite at its last sliver of health. Abilities are probably out of the question at this point, but this really does remind me of Sturdy, though there's no activation message, cutting off at what's probably a burn message. At least if there were abilities, I'd expect some changes since the new wild encounters make some useless.

Last edited:
Aw man, in any case they never actually said new info actually (or did I miss it?), so it might really just be Mew footage.
They said "world exclusive trailer". Worst case that's a video of completely expected footage that's technically "new", such as Mew using a bunch of moves in battle. Best case it's actually new information.

@doipy hooves The Electric-type move is just かみなり (Thunder). The third move is こうそくいどう (Agility).

@doipy hooves The Electric-type move is just かみなり (Thunder). The third move is こうそくいどう (Agility).
Unfortunate, mistook the type background and just took my computer's font for face value on the symbols. From looking it up I can see the resemblance a lot closer.

Now either this set was just a custom setup or part of its actual learnset. Thunderbolt and Agility have usually been learned close together and recently they've been learned really late, so they could be moving them back down like the old days and taking out some of the newer moves they've added to the learnset. Those seem reasonable, but Thunder still stands out to me. At that level it feels front loaded compared to the main games where it's learned near the end of the learnset. It's probably hacked in or they used a TM on it for the footage, though if it is learned naturally then it's hard to think of what viable moves its late learnset could include.

New trailer:

It looks like you can activate what's called Partner Power when there's a partner symbol (official translation TBD) when battling. Partner Power unleashes a stronger move when your partner is in battle.

Your partner Pokemon can also aid in battle when another Pokemon is in battle. For example, Pikachu helps Jigglypuff in the video, and from the following screenshot on this page, we can see that Jigglypuff's attack rose, though it might also be able to raise other stats.

Eevee also gets water and electric type moves in addition to the fire type move shown on Pokenchi. From here, it says that the water type move heals Eevee by 50% of damage done, the electric type move 100% paralyses and the fire type move 100% burns (which we already knew). On the other hand, Pikachu's water type move has a chance to paralyse.

We also get a peep at Erika.

Her Vileplume at level 34 appears to be a slight level jump from previous games.

A first look at the new Switch.

I have to say, I thought Z Move names in English were bad enough, but these new exclusive moves are way, way worse. Splishy Splash? Bouncy Bubble? Buzzy Buzz? Sizzly Slide? Fire whoever named them ffs. The Eevee and Pikachu Partner Power moves are called Veevee Volley and Pika Papow. Yeah, I'm gonna play this game in Japanese.

Last edited:

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
English Trailer:

Everything notable is above, but we now have names for the special moves (and Eevee gets three! One for each evolution line, perhaps).

Everything notable is above, but we now have names for the special moves (and Eevee gets three! One for each evolution line, perhaps).
I would most likely think it's one per element since it cannot evolve and they need a reason for you to keep Eevee/Pikachu in party.

On side note, I wonder if this stuff with Eevee and Pikachu's moveset, which seems to also apply to wild-caught ones, will transfer to a eventual moveset change in gen 8.
I'd totally dip for a better moveset for Eevolutions.

Wow, they sure are desperate to make anyone ever want to use Eevee (and not box it immediately after obtaining it) to give it three overpowered moves. Changing its fur to scales or feathers would have been much easier, but well... I guess that was not going to happen.

Quite the interesting level jump from Erika. Let me make an educated guess and say you will not be able to choose the gym order like it used to be for Kanto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)