Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illusionmons
Zoroark wanted to see more of himself, and he thought:"hey, why won't I teach every Pokemon how to look like me?!".
And so he did. But now that every Pokemon looks like Zoroark, no Pokemon knows what Pokemon are they facing.

Metagame premise: Normal OU, but every Pokemon gets to "Illusion" a Zoroark, so team preview is just 6 Zoroarks and each side won't know what Pokemon is behind that Zoroark until they it the Pokemon or it uses a Z-move (like normal Illusion). Switching around will reset Illusion, so you have to look at what you did to an uncovered Pokemon to remember it by.
Potential bans and threats:
Basically normal OU threats, it's just that they the threat might be unknowingly facing their check.
However, Pokes with a lot of immunities (Ahem. Shedinja. Ahem) might see a rise in popularity, because the opponent might not realize that you destroyed all checks to it.
Also, Pokemon which will appreciate being attacked will see a rise (Iron Barbs, Weak Armor sweepers, etc.)
Questions for the community:
Q: How will Zoroark itself work in this OM?
A: As if it was to Illusion another Zoroark- nothing.

Q: Does that mean my normal ability get switched to Illusion?
A: No. It's like another ability.

Q: Doesn't that mean that I can set up easily for a sweep, since they might not be prepared for a DD Dnite?
A: Again, you might be facing a Clefable without knowing and you'll lose your sweep.

Quick Response Amirite
Illusionmons
Zoroark wanted to see more of himself, and he thought:"hey, why won't I teach every Pokemon how to look like me?!".
And so he did. But now that every Pokemon looks like Zoroark, no Pokemon knows what Pokemon are they facing.

Metagame premise: Normal OU, but every Pokemon gets to "Illusion" a Zoroark, so team preview is just 6 Zoroarks and each side won't know what Pokemon is behind that Zoroark until they it the Pokemon or it uses a Z-move (like normal Illusion). Switching around will reset Illusion, so you have to look at what you did to an uncovered Pokemon to remember it by.
Basically normal OU threats, it's just that they the threat might be unknowingly facing their check.
However, Pokes with a lot of immunities (Ahem. Shedinja. Ahem) might see a rise in popularity, because the opponent might not realize that you destroyed all checks to it.
Also, Pokemon which will appreciate being attacked will see a rise (Iron Barbs, Weak Armor sweepers, etc.)

Q: Doesn't that mean that I can set up easily for a sweep, since they might not be prepared for a DD Dnite?
A: Again, you might be facing a Clefable without knowing and you'll lose your sweep.

My First thoughts on this game mode is BH Illusion. The thing with this is that, this game-mode would be extremely Hard to play, as there would be no way to make good plays in advance / predict. It seems like a Mind game that if i have ever seen one.

Also, do you want us to help with the banlist or something?

MONOCOLOR

Metagame premise: All six Pokemon on the team must have the same color according to the Pokédex, no matter if the shiny ones have different colors.

Potential bans and threats: Basically the rules and bans of each tier according to the Smogon.

MULTICOLOR

Metagame premise: The opposite of Monocolor; in Multicolor, all six Pokemon of the type must have different colors according to the Pokédex, not being able to repeat colors with any Pokémon, no matter if the shiny ones have different colors.

Potential bans and threats: Basically the rules and bans of each tier according to the Smogon.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
MONOCOLOR

Metagame premise: All six Pokemon on the team must have the same color according to the Pokédex, no matter if the shiny ones have different colors.

The following are rejected metagame ideas: (if you have questions about why a metagame concept was denied, ask in the "Simple Questions, Simple Answers" thread)
  • Monocolor: All the Pokemon in your team must share the same Dex color.
If you submit successive metagames, you should edit the first post with the new idea, as to avoid flooding the thread.

Illusionmons

sounds completely unplayable tbqh, you'd spend half the time not knowing what the fuck is in front of you so you can't make any informed decisions about what move to make. anything that doesn't have a really spammable STAB would be barely worth using.

I'm a big fan of Pokémon glitches, especially the early games, and I've always dreamed of seeing Nintendo canonizing at least the most famous of them, and of course I'm referring to Missingno.

The concept below changes some things from the original Missingno (types, stats and movepool) to have something more acceptable and at the same time completely according to what a glitchmon is.

First of all, it should be known that there are TWO different Missingno (one for the Red, Green and Blue versions and one for the Yellow version), and the idea is to unite them in one, the most fair would be to use the larger numbers of each version and include Sp. Atk and Sp. Def (in RBY, both were just the "special" then I'll put the Sp. Atk the same as the Sp. Def) to get in this Missingno that would look like this:

HP: 178
Attack: 136
Defense: 11
Sp. Atk: 23
Sp. Def: 23
Speed: 29

* To view the statistics for each Missingno, visit here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/MissingNo.

This Missingno that I am creating is not Normal / Bird as the original Missingno, but is of the type ** Null, that is, it has no weakness against any type, but also have no advantage.

** The idea of the Null type has to do with other glitches present in the RGBY versions that had types with no advantages and weaknesses, such as Glitch type or Cooltrainer type like this: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/%E2%80 % A6% E2% 80% A6

Movepool:

The movepool is quite the face of a glitchmon, having only three moves that I chose because they had a relationship with Missingno and other glithmons:

- Substitute (when transferred to Pokémon Stadium, Missingno becomes the doll that represents the Substitute, and also he learns Substitute via TM)

- Transform ('M (00) is a glitchmon very similar to Missingno and that appeared frequently when trying to find the Missingno, this glitchmon turns into a Ditto after being captured and also when it is transferred to Pokémon Stadium 2, the same happens in this case with Missingno also)

- Nullifier (the signature Missingno move I created, but it is inspired by the infamous move called "Super Glitch" that many glitchmons learned by level, this move in the games caused breakage and freezing of the game and were very powerful, Nullifier is the rectified version of Super Glitch that is a move based on Attack and is of Null type, that is, can hit neutral damage any Pokémon and has 150 BP, 99 PP and 100% ACC, and does not have STAB).

Appearance:

The appearance for the newer games is from a remastered Missingno, I imagine the following picture perfect:

Below, we have the height scale next to an average human being:

Physically, it has a gelatinous body, but rather solid and not very flexible, in fact Missingno can not wiggle much, and it starts to blink when it is defeated this way below, with the image alternating between a man and a generic Pokémon inside the body gelatinous, but blinks so fast that little is perceived the detail:

* Yes, this is another link with Missingno from the old games, which had the same coach image above when you saw Missingno in your party.

Now you have to use the imagination okay: After you stop blinking, Missigno is 100% solid and hard with a clean purple (without the glitches marks) and in the end it shatters in several solid pieces and returns immediately to Pokéball.

Ability and nature:

Null and null, yes, Missingno is not a Pokémon remember?

Pokédex Entry:

"For years, the researchers sought to discover what these mysterious creatures are, today it is known that the Missingno arise spontaneously through dimensional failures, but they are not considered as Pokémon."

Pokedex number is #000

I changed the concept of my idea to a real Missingno, please evaluate :)

Illusionmons

I Sure Love Ability X: All/Some Pokemon get X ability over their normal abilities. Metas where X = Poison Heal/WonderGuard/Prankster have been rejected.
I think that still applies if your team gets illusion on top of their standard abilities.

I've been talking with CROSSOVER GEN, and we've come up with an alternative to their original Crossover Gen idea. What if instead of each team following a certain gen, each Pokemon used the mechanics of their debut generation?

Things that stay constant in the Pet Mod:

Type effectiveness (this is mostly to avoid complications with gens dealing with types that hadn't been introduced yet)
Movepools and ability pools (this is so early gens aren't automatically at a disadvantage)
Move atributes (like power and accuracy, and special effects)
Ability affects (Aggron can use Sturdy and not be (even more of) a laughing stock)

Additionally, sleep mechanics are client-side, so a mon from gen 5 will have its sleep turns reset if it switches out, for example.

With that said, how about some sample sets?

Gen 1:

Gyarados
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Hurricane
- Earthquake
- Taunt

While Gyarados loses its physical Water STAB, it gains a spammable Flying STAB, as well as immunity to Scald burns.

Alakazam
- Calm Mind
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Fire Punch
- Dazzling Gleam

Standard pre-physical/special split Alakazam. It's worth noting that with the combined Special stat, Nasty Plot, Amnesia, and Calm Mind are all basically the same for Gen 1 mons.

Gengar
- Infestation
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Partial trapping moves on Gen 1 mons is whack. Infestation and Wrap are probably banworthy on Gen 1 mons, due to their great accuracy.

Gen 2:

Suicune @ Leftovers
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

Possibly the best version of CroCune. Scald AND Gen 2 RestTalk mechanics.

I've been talking with CROSSOVER GEN, and we've come up with an alternative to their original Crossover Gen idea. What if instead of each team following a certain gen, each Pokemon used the mechanics of their debut generation?

Type effectiveness (this is mostly to avoid complications with gens dealing with types that hadn't been introduced yet)
Movepools and ability pools (this is so early gens aren't automatically at a disadvantage)
Ability affects (Aggron can use Sturdy and not be (even more of) a laughing stock)

Additionally, sleep mechanics are client-side, so a mon from gen 5 will have its sleep turns reset if it switches out, for example.

Gen 1:

Gyarados
- Dragon Dance
- Hurricane
- Earthquake
- Taunt

While Gyarados loses its physical Water STAB, it gains a spammable Flying STAB, as well as immunity to Scald burns.

Alakazam
- Calm Mind
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Fire Punch
- Dazzling Gleam

Standard pre-physical/special split Alakazam. It's worth noting that with the combined Special stat, Nasty Plot, Amnesia, and Calm Mind are all basically the same for Gen 1 mons.

Gengar
- Infestation
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Partial trapping moves on Gen 1 mons is whack. Infestation and Wrap are probably banworthy on Gen 1 mons, due to their great accuracy.

Gen 2:

Suicune @ Leftovers
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

What happens if you mega?

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
Question: Would anyone be interested in playing Type Cycle if it were resurrected? That meta looked like it had potential, and I can see Gen 7 adding some interesting new threats into the equation.

Quick Response Amirite

My First thoughts on this game mode is BH Illusion. The thing with this is that, this game-mode would be extremely Hard to play, as there would be no way to make good plays in advance / predict. It seems like a Mind game that if i have ever seen one.

Also, do you want us to help with the banlist or something?
It would definitely be different than what we're used to, but we won't know until we played it, but I feel like it will have several stages, stage 1- Volt Turn Knock Off spam to uncover all pokes, stage 2- gameplay as normal, but now you have to look at the damage that you did to the poke to remember it by. You can obviously not switch in your trump card so there's still some thought behind it. Also since it is OU, you can expect guys like Chancey, Clefable and Ferrothorn in it.

If you want, yea make a banlist.

I think that still applies if your team gets illusion on top of their standard abilities.
Yea, but also it is very different than other abilities.

Gen 1:

Gyarados
- Dragon Dance
- Hurricane
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Alakazam
- Calm Mind
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Fire Punch
- Dazzling Gleam

Gengar
- Infestation
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Gen 2:

Suicune @ Leftovers
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

Great, my friend, but the idea was to use only the original generation's movepool as well, so a Gyarados of Gen 1 could never use Dragon Dance or Hurricane, unless they choose a Gyarados from another Gen, this is the grace of the idea, have the same Pokémon of different generations.

And trapping moves in Gen 1 are not banned because they are not as brokens as Serene Grace and they also have poor accuracy, Wrap for example has only 85% of acc in Gen 1 (or other trapping moves have even less accuracy) and, once the Pokémon user is exposed, and against more modern Pokémon gen can be countered by high speed Pokémon that have arisen, many Ghost Types or Pokémon with Choice Scarf, even among the great players of Gen 1, it is difficult to see someone with a wrapper team.

Question: Would anyone be interested in playing Type Cycle if it were resurrected? That meta looked like it had potential, and I can see Gen 7 adding some interesting new threats into the equation.
My idea ;D?

Gen 1:

Gyarados
- Dragon Dance
- Hurricane
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Alakazam
- Calm Mind
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Fire Punch
- Dazzling Gleam

Gengar
- Infestation
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Gen 2:

Suicune @ Leftovers
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

Just say Pokémon get the mechanics of the generation they are from.

Tagged.png

Art by Sekhlia

Welcome to this little Metagame Idea of mine. The Premise is simple: once a Pokemon enters Battle it will get the Perish Song Effect applied on it. This basically means that after 3 Turns the Pokemon will faint, if it doesn't swap out. Now multiple Strategies come in mind, you could either go for a sweeping setup and hope to take as many Pokemon with you as you can, or you could go for a stall team and hope for the best.

Banlist: OU-Banlist
Unbanlist: Nothing as of now.
Clauses: OU-Clauses

Feel free to discuss and give criticism ^^

Fardin

Tournament Banned
i can see regen spam do really well here and also just band/specs abusers. setting up will be a waste cause 3 turns is not enuf

Reactions: Ren
I foresee more GS Pokémon than RB in battles due to the use of items and exclusive moves that were only seen in that generation; look at this stallbreaker:

nidokingpoke34c.gif~c200.gif

Gen 2 Nidoking @ Quick Claw

- Lovely Kiss (only in GS)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

This set and EVs is only possible with the GS version of Nidoking and can put down Heatran, Ferrothorn and Garchomp for example, while putting to sleep too many threats and is always useful, ie a set that compensates for the lack of a more varied movepool and useful items such as the choice items that are found only in later gens.

Last edited:

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
View attachment 142697
Art by Sekhlia

Welcome to this little Metagame Idea of mine. The Premise is simple: once a Pokemon enters Battle it will get the Perish Song Effect applied on it. This basically means that after 3 Turns the Pokemon will faint, if it doesn't swap out. Now multiple Strategies come in mind, you could either go for a sweeping setup and hope to take as many Pokemon with you as you can, or you could go for a stall team and hope for the best.

Banlist: OU-Banlist
Unbanlist: Nothing as of now.
Clauses: OU-Clauses

Feel free to discuss and give criticism ^^
I feel like this was in the big list of rejected/commonly submitted metas.

ABCMONS

Metagame premise: All six team Pokémon must have the same first letter of the name (can not nicknames).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)