Pet Mods General Discussion Thread

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
This idea is really weird, and I don't really know if it'll work or not. I don't think it's really like any other Pet Mod I've seen, but that's why I'm posting it here; I want to hear what you guys think of it.

Randomons

So, this metagame centers around making about 60 completely randomly-generated Fakemon and having the metagame centered around them. Their typings, stats, abilities, and even their entire learnsets will be completely random! There's no point system to make it so broken movepools get made worse, but I'm most likely going to make it so the Pokemon can't get abilities that are banned by AAA rules and base a banlist for moves around Sketchmons rules. However, there is absolutely bound to be quite a few broken or underwhelming Fakemon, so if something is either of those, I'll re-randomize its best/worst qualities to make it better (other than typing, if a design was submitted for it.) As for how I get the randomized results...

- I'd generate the primary type by getting a random number 1-18 and the secondary type by getting a number 1-27. 1-18 will represent each of the types there are in the game, while the 19-27 on the secondary type just mean that there's nothing there and the Pokemon will be single-typed. If something ends up with, say, Ghost/Ghost, it'll be pure Ghost-type.
- I'd generate the abilities by rolling from 1-233, with me rerolling abilities that are hard coded to a Pokemon like Stance Change or banned in AAA like Huge Power.
- I'd get the movepools by getting a list of every viable move according to Showdown's teambuilder that isn't banned in Sketchmons, getting 30 of those (with the banned moves staying out of this), and getting 30 moves from the list of "usually useless" moves. It's worth noting that there's still things like Thunder, Celebrate, and especially Sketch that will possibly see some legitimate use, but I'm just thinking of it as a sort of grab bag. I'll also make it so each Pokemon has two viable STAB moves both of its types (like Fairies will always have Play Rough and Moonblast, Electric mons will have Plasma Fists and Thunderbolt, etc).
- I'd generate stats by using a formula that adds six random numbers (from 100-255) and subtracts the result by 600. Then, I'd divide that number by 6, subtract that from our first five numbers, and then round all of those to get all stats but Speed. I'll take 600 and subtract it by our five other stats to get our Speed stat, so it's basically the same as the randomly-generated number, but that just ensures all base stat totals end up being 600. Does that sound like a bit much? Yeah, I probably made that process more complicated than I needed to, but long story short, you end up getting numbers like this...

1539830960163.png

Other than all of that, since these will be Fakemon, I'll likely allow people to submit artwork and names for the ones that they want to, as long as the design makes sense with the typing. It'll be impossible to make all of the moves and abilities make sense with them, though, so I wouldn't expect that from someone.

As for questions...
- Is there a better name for this? I REALLY can't think of anything...
- Does this seem complicated or too difficult to get into?
- Does my process for getting randomized Pokemon seem flawed in any way?
- Does this meta sound fun and interesting to you guys at all?
- Is there any other way I can improve this idea?

Edit: This is a thing now! Check it out here.

Last edited:

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mythology is personally something I haven’t considered, though thinking about how many different Greek monsters / Egyptian there are, I think that would be cool. Do you mind if I post that in submissions? They don’t call me myth master for nothing.
Mythology does sound something new and cool for a Pet Mod.
There are a lot of them so the Pet Mod can go on for quite a good amount of time.
I'd definitely like participating in it Myth Master.
This idea is really weird, and I don't really know if it'll work or not. I don't think it's really like any other Pet Mod I've seen, but that's why I'm posting it here; I want to hear what you guys think of it.

Randomons

So, this metagame centers around making about 60 completely randomly-generated Fakemon and having the metagame centered around them. Their typings, stats, abilities, and even their entire learnsets will be completely random! There's no point system to make it so broken movepools get made worse, but I'm most likely going to make it so the Pokemon can't get abilities that are banned by AAA rules and base a banlist for moves around Sketchmons rules. However, there is absolutely bound to be quite a few broken or underwhelming Fakemon, so if something is either of those, I'll re-randomize its best/worst qualities to make it better (other than typing, if a design was submitted for it.) As for how I get the randomized results...

- I'd generate the primary type by getting a random number 1-18 and the secondary type by getting a number 1-27. 1-18 will represent each of the types there are in the game, while the 19-27 on the secondary type just mean that there's nothing there and the Pokemon will be single-typed. If something ends up with, say, Ghost/Ghost, it'll be pure Ghost-type.
- I'd generate the abilities by rolling from 1-233, with me rerolling abilities that are hard coded to a Pokemon like Stance Change or banned in AAA like Huge Power.
- I'd get the movepools by getting a list of every viable move according to Showdown's teambuilder that isn't banned in Sketchmons, getting 30 of those (with the banned moves staying out of this), and getting 30 moves from the list of "usually useless" moves. It's worth noting that there's still things like Thunder, Celebrate, and especially Sketch that will possibly see some legitimate use, but I'm just thinking of it as a sort of grab bag. I'll also make it so each Pokemon has two viable STAB moves both of its types (like Fairies will always have Play Rough and Moonblast, Electric mons will have Plasma Fists and Thunderbolt, etc).
- I'd generate stats by using a formula that adds six random numbers (from 100-255) and subtracts the result by 600. Then, I'd divide that number by 6, subtract that from our first five numbers, and then round all of those to get all stats but Speed. I'll take 600 and subtract it by our five other stats to get our Speed stat, so it's basically the same as the randomly-generated number, but that just ensures all base stat totals end up being 600. Does that sound like a bit much? Yeah, I probably made that process more complicated than I needed to, but long story short, you end up getting numbers like this...

View attachment 141395

Other than all of that, since these will be Fakemon, I'll likely allow people to submit artwork and names for the ones that they want to, as long as the design makes sense with the typing. It'll be impossible to make all of the moves and abilities make sense with them, though, so I wouldn't expect that from someone.

As for questions...
- Is there a better name for this? I REALLY can't think of anything...
- Does this seem complicated or too difficult to get into?
- Does my process for getting randomized Pokemon seem flawed in any way?
- Does this meta sound fun and interesting to you guys at all?
- Is there any other way I can improve this idea?
- Some name ideas: Flukemons, Coincidenmons, Synonyms of Lottery/Raffle/Wheel of Fortune/Fate/Kismet-mons
- Seems fine as we know the RNG is involved to get the results and that's what matters in getting into it, not the process behind it which is complicated.
- Doesn't seem flawed in any way but you can add one thing:
Something that accounts for the type frequency so that we avoid having a possibility of a particular type a lot.
Be sure to get the weight of the mons
- Yeah sounds fun, I'm ready to try out new things coming out of the controlled RNG.
- You can improve by making it possible for the community to be able to propose some (Not a lot, to make it better and not changing the RNG results drastically at the same time) changes in the metagame after it has been played for a decent amount of time so there would be the input from the community to be a more inclusive Pet Mod.

Btw, the myth one, I’m not totally sure for the submission of Pet Mods, so can somebody else do it? If anyone can be bothered that is.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave

As a part of the esteemed Pet Mods Workshop Project that's nothing official but just the name I gave to the repository, we already have some tools helping in post making and coding such as the MFA tool and the Eternal tool and more of them would be coming for more of the Pet Mods soon!

But this time we have something which is useful for most if not all of the Pet Mods.

For helping with quick and easy votes counting, after around 3 months of working here we have..

This tool in association with Gillmeister software alphabetical order sorting tool and W3Schools' HTML runner would help making counting votes easier!

How to use it? Let's get to it with a tutorial, I'd suggest you do it as well to get to know more about using it.
So tune into the Clean Slate thread from this post and start collecting all the votes in one place. (An empty post in Smogon or hastebin or wherever you want to)
So we should be having these to be counted now
Offensive Pivot #1: Stitch, Jucherz, Gravity Monkey
Offensive Pivot #2: Solosist, The Cruelest, Leonard
Defensive Pivot #1: Leonard, Scoopapa, Origin0
Defensive Pivot #2: Gravity Monkey, Tuther, Jucherz
Offensive Pivot #1: Stitch98, Origin0, Jucherz
Offensive Pivot #2: Scoopapa, Solosist, The Cruelest
Defensive Pivot #1: Origin0, Scoopapa, Brodaha
Defensive Pivot #2: Tuthur1, Gravity Monkey, Origin0
Offensive Pivot #1: Jucherz, Leonard, Stitch98
Offensive Pivot #2: The Cruelest, Solosist, Gravity Monkey
Defensive Pivot #1: Tuthur1, Scoopapa, Origin0
Defensive Pivot #2: Tuthur1, Gravity Monkey, Leonard
Offensive Pivot #1: Jucherz, The Cruelest, Leonard
Offensive Pivot #2: Tuthur1, Leonard, Origin0
Defensive Pivot #1: Stitch, The Cruelest, Brodaha
Defensive Pivot #2: Jucherz, Solosist, Stitch
Offensive Pivot #1: Leonard, Stitch, Scoopapa
Offensive Pivot #2: The Cruelest, Origin0, Scoopapa
Defensive Pivot #1: Gravity Monkey, The Cruelest, Origin0
Defensive Pivot #2: Stitch, Solosist, Leonard
Offensive Pivot #1: Leonard, Jucherz, Origin0
Offensive Pivot #2: Scoopapa, Leonard, Solosist
Defensive Pivot #1: Scoopapa, Brodaha, Origin0
Defensive Pivot #2: Leonard, Origin0, Stitch#112
Offensive Pivot #1: Tuthur, Jucherz, Stitch
Offensive Pivot #2: The Cruelest, Leonard, Brodaha
Defensive Pivot #1: Brodaha, Origin0, Leonard
Defensive Pivot #2: Gravity Monkey, Origin0, Tuther
Offensive Pivot #1: Stich, Gravity Monkey, Leonard
Offensive Pivot #2: Solosist, The Cruelest, Brodaha
Defensive Pivot #1: Origin0, Scoopapa, The Cruelest
Defensive Pivot #2: Solosist, Gravity Monkey, Tuther
Offensive Pivot #1: Samtendo, Stitch, The Cruelest
Offensive Pivot #2: Solosist, Scoopapa, Leonard
Defensive Pivot #1: Scoopapa, Solosist, Stitch
Defensive Pivot #2: Stitch, Leonard, Origin0
Offensive Pivot #1: Scoopapa, Squawkerz, Gravity Monkey
Offensive Pivot #2: Brodaha, Solosist, Leonard
Defensive Pivot #1: Leornard, The Cruelest, Gravity Monkey
Defensive Pivot #2: Gravity Monkey, Scoopapa, Turthur1
Run this through this alphabetical order sorting tool to get all the votes for one submission together.
After that we'll get
Defensive Pivot #1: Brodaha, Origin0, Leonard
Defensive Pivot #1: Gravity Monkey, The Cruelest, Origin0
Defensive Pivot #1: Leonard, Scoopapa, Origin0
Defensive Pivot #1: Leornard, The Cruelest, Gravity Monkey
Defensive Pivot #1: Origin0, Scoopapa, Brodaha
Defensive Pivot #1: Origin0, Scoopapa, The Cruelest
Defensive Pivot #1: Scoopapa, Brodaha, Origin0
Defensive Pivot #1: Scoopapa, Solosist, Stitch
Defensive Pivot #1: Stitch, The Cruelest, Brodaha
Defensive Pivot #1: Tuthur1, Scoopapa, Origin0
Defensive Pivot #2: Gravity Monkey, Origin0, Tuther
Defensive Pivot #2: Gravity Monkey, Scoopapa, Turthur1
Defensive Pivot #2: Gravity Monkey, Tuther, Jucherz
Defensive Pivot #2: Jucherz, Solosist, Stitch
Defensive Pivot #2: Leonard, Origin0, Stitch#112
Defensive Pivot #2: Solosist, Gravity Monkey, Tuther
Defensive Pivot #2: Stitch, Leonard, Origin0
Defensive Pivot #2: Stitch, Solosist, Leonard
Defensive Pivot #2: Tuthur1, Gravity Monkey, Leonard
Defensive Pivot #2: Tuthur1, Gravity Monkey, Origin0
Offensive Pivot #1: Jucherz, Leonard, Stitch98
Offensive Pivot #1: Jucherz, The Cruelest, Leonard
Offensive Pivot #1: Leonard, Jucherz, Origin0
Offensive Pivot #1: Leonard, Stitch, Scoopapa
Offensive Pivot #1: Samtendo, Stitch, The Cruelest
Offensive Pivot #1: Scoopapa, Squawkerz, Gravity Monkey
Offensive Pivot #1: Stich, Gravity Monkey, Leonard
Offensive Pivot #1: Stitch, Jucherz, Gravity Monkey
Offensive Pivot #1: Stitch98, Origin0, Jucherz
Offensive Pivot #1: Tuthur, Jucherz, Stitch
Offensive Pivot #2: Brodaha, Solosist, Leonard
Offensive Pivot #2: Scoopapa, Leonard, Solosist
Offensive Pivot #2: Scoopapa, Solosist, The Cruelest
Offensive Pivot #2: Solosist, Scoopapa, Leonard
Offensive Pivot #2: Solosist, The Cruelest, Brodaha
Offensive Pivot #2: Solosist, The Cruelest, Leonard
Offensive Pivot #2: The Cruelest, Leonard, Brodaha
Offensive Pivot #2: The Cruelest, Origin0, Scoopapa
Offensive Pivot #2: The Cruelest, Solosist, Gravity Monkey
Offensive Pivot #2: Tuthur1, Leonard, Origin0
Now open up the tool and paste the votes of one submission in the textarea you see at the top. (Here we'll start with Defensive Pivot #1)
1539940737116.png

Hit Load and all the votes will be loaded separately with all the usernames in lowercase now.
1539941264959.png

Now hit Generate and copy the code you receive.
Which in this case would be
<button onClick="count()">Generate</button>
<p id="Zard xd"></p>
<script>
function count()
{

let brodaha=0
let origin0=0
let leonard=0
let gravitymonkey=0
let thecruelest=0
let scoopapa=0
let leornard=0
let solosist=0
let stitch=0
let tuthur1=0

brodaha+=3
origin0+=2
leonard+=1
gravitymonkey+=3
thecruelest+=2
origin0+=1
leonard+=3
scoopapa+=2
origin0+=1
leornard+=3
thecruelest+=2
gravitymonkey+=1
origin0+=3
scoopapa+=2
brodaha+=1
origin0+=3
scoopapa+=2
thecruelest+=1
scoopapa+=3
brodaha+=2
origin0+=1
scoopapa+=3
solosist+=2
stitch+=1
stitch+=3
thecruelest+=2
brodaha+=1
tuthur1+=3
scoopapa+=2
origin0+=1

document.getElementById("Zard xd").innerHTML="brodaha = "+brodaha+"<br>origin0 = "+origin0+"<br>leonard = "+leonard+"<br>gravitymonkey = "+gravitymonkey+"<br>thecruelest = "+thecruelest+"<br>scoopapa = "+scoopapa+"<br>leornard = "+leornard+"<br>solosist = "+solosist+"<br>stitch = "+stitch+"<br>tuthur1 = "+tuthur1+"<br>";
}
</script>
Now open this HTML runner and paste the code in it
Hit Run (Top right green) and then Generate and there we have the votes!

brodaha = 7
origin0 = 12
leonard = 4
gravitymonkey = 4
thecruelest = 7
scoopapa = 14
leornard = 3
solosist = 2
stitch = 4
tuthur1 = 3

Be sure to have a look at all the votes, here we see leonard and leornard so just add up the votes and leonard gets 4+3=7 points.
Scoopapa is the winner with 14 points.
It took like 90 seconds to do it. (When done while not making the tutorial)

Now refresh the votes tool and the HTML runner and start again with Defensive Pivot #2, followed by Offensive Pivot #1 and so on.

Going from this post of Z-Moves Everywhere

Collected Votes:
Gigalith: NewVenomPulse
Tyranitar: Exploudit
Hippowdon: VenomPulse
TTar:Ludicrousity, Exploudit
Hippo:NewVenomPulse, Exploudit, Ludicrousity
Gigalith <3:Hourai, Exploudit
Tyranitar: Ludicrousity, NewVenomPulse, Slate2536
Hippodown: NewVenomPulse, Exploudit, Ludicrousity
Gilgalith: NewVenomPulse, Slate2536, Ludicrousity

After sorting:
Gigalith <3:Hourai, Exploudit
Gigalith: NewVenomPulse
Gilgalith: NewVenomPulse, Slate2536, Ludicrousity
Hippo:NewVenomPulse, Exploudit, Ludicrousity
Hippodown: NewVenomPulse, Exploudit, Ludicrousity
Hippowdon: VenomPulse
TTar:Ludicrousity, Exploudit
Tyranitar: Exploudit
Tyranitar: Ludicrousity, NewVenomPulse, Slate2536

Note that there's some difference in the submission names with TTar, Hippo, Gigalith <3 but that doesn't matter as long as you paste all the votes of a particular submission in the tool together so
This is perfectly fine
1539940790385.png

Even this is fine
1539940820900.png

The sorting tool is only required for separating different votes of a particular submission and the tool only counts the votes of the users. (3, 2, 1 points in the order)
After that Load ---> Generate
Copy code
<button onClick="count()">Generate</button>
<p id="Zard xd"></p>
<script>
function count()
{

let hourai=0
let exploudit=0
let newvenompulse=0
let slate2536=0
let ludicrousity=0

hourai+=3
exploudit+=2
newvenompulse+=3
newvenompulse+=3
slate2536+=2
ludicrousity+=1

document.getElementById("Zard xd").innerHTML="hourai = "+hourai+"<br>exploudit = "+exploudit+"<br>newvenompulse = "+newvenompulse+"<br>slate2536 = "+slate2536+"<br>ludicrousity = "+ludicrousity+"<br>";
}
</script>
Paste in the HTML code runner ---> Run ---> Generate

hourai = 3
exploudit = 2
newvenompulse = 6
slate2536 = 2
ludicrousity = 1

[Check for any username repetition/inconsistency and manually cover that up, none here then go ahead]
Which is in accordance to the points here
Gratz NewVenom Pulse

Works best if all the voters vote by using the exact name of the thing being submitted for and the username of the person whom they're voting for. Pet Mods that only have single vote voting systems can directly use the alphabetical order sorting tool for easy counting.

- At the moment the tool can still be improved (As we have to copy paste from different places) with all the different things being done at one place (or two) but this has already been improvised thrice before launch so there's still room for improvement.
- We might make something to rectify common typos (Such as Pika Xtreme being used in place of Pika Xreme) and reduce the amount of times you need to click Generate/Load/Run/Sort and all.
- Feel absolutely free to ask anything if you need help with using it, suggest anything you'd want added in it and report any bugs that you might find. I can assure you upto 99.99% that the tool won't give the wrong values of votes.
- Your feedback will be helpful.
- All the tools can be found here, that page will be updated regularly.
- It currently has 15 voting slots which can be increased if the demand is there.

How it works?
Here's the source code where you can contribute to the tool by making the code better / adding features / reducing effort making the webpage view more user friendly with a better colour scheme or anything you like.

- It firstly takes all the votes of a single submission and separates each user's vote (By \n) into slots with 3 votes.
- Before going in the slots, all the spaces, parantheses for leonard are removed and converted into lowercase.
- The slots have assigned values of 3, 2, and 1 in the order which are given to each username.
- Each username is made a variable with initial value 0 and the values of votes are added in accordance to the assigned values in the slot.
- The HTML runner is used to execute this code to give the results.

As I'm not that good at coding the way I've coded is probably sub-optimal with too much of code required to make this which advanced coders could've done in a better way but for the result for the front end user (I hope most probably) is the same.

Special Thanks to the creators of the HTML Runner, the Alphabetical Order sorting tool, and MagicMonk javascript Youtube tutorials.
Hope you like the tool!

Last edited:
I discussed this concept with some people in the Dragon Heaven server ( Pika Exreme, Brodaha, and Ejthewolf ) and the code is ready to go. This pet mod is almost an OM, but it's still probably too complicated to use in the team builder to be a smogon OM.

Hazards: The Stackening
This is composed of pretty simple rules:
- There is a Stealth Rock clone for every type.
- They all stack with each other, as well as Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Sticky Web.
- Any pokemon can learn Stealth Rock or the new typed hazards as long as they learn another move of the same type.​
Update: This is now playable on Dragonheaven!

this isn't any form of submission or anything, but here are some pet mods that i think would be really cool

- The Cruelest's Randomons
- Bringing back Flavourmons, except with more organization
- Something involving the Pokestar Pokemon, and making them usable
- A Crossover Chaos/Tennysonmons based pet mod for media outside of video games/Ben 10
- Something similar to CAP but with faster pokemon creation, but without stepping on CAP's toes

Here is my pet mod idea:

Cross Generation

You can use pokemon from different generations on the same team, and they each retain their generation's game mechanics. For example, a gen 1 Snorlax would have its gen 1 movepool, amnesia would boost its combined special stat, it can't hold and item, and so on. But a if the pokemon is in gen 7, then it gets all of its gen 7 mechanics.

My first thought on this is that it might be too time consuming to program by combining all 7 generations' mechanics into one, so you could start off combining just two, like gen 1 OU with gen 7 PU, or gen 3 Uber with gen 7 OU. (differing tiers between generations to compensate for power creep)

Any thoughts on this? Does this look viable/interesting?

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Here is my pet mod idea:

Cross Generation

You can use pokemon from different generations on the same team, and they each retain their generation's game mechanics. For example, a gen 1 Snorlax would have its gen 1 movepool, amnesia would boost its combined special stat, it can't hold and item, and so on. But a if the pokemon is in gen 7, then it gets all of its gen 7 mechanics.

My first thought on this is that it might be too time consuming to program by combining all 7 generations' mechanics into one, so you could start off combining just two, like gen 1 OU with gen 7 PU, or gen 3 Uber with gen 7 OU. (differing tiers between generations to compensate for power creep)

Any thoughts on this? Does this look viable/interesting?
What does everyone have with crossgen these days

I think the same problems that applied to the other crossgen applies to this pet mod: It would be a pain to code, and gen7 mons are pretty much the only viables because of the power creep.

sun_dew

formerly JAGFL
is a Pre-Contributor
I’ve seen quite a few Pet Mods that add in new Fakémon, items, mechanics, etc.
I’ve also seen quite a few Pet Mods that change the generation mechanics (e.g. gen 1 mechanics in gen 7)
So I thought- What if there was a combination of the two?

From the Ground Up
or stepping stones / brick by brick the name isn’t final.

Now, what would this Pet Mod do?
Put simply, it would take everything from Gen. 1, and then add or change mechanics/Pokémon/items/you get the idea.
For example, somebody could decide, “Maybe Farfetch’d should’ve got an evolution,” and there you go. Or maybe: “Maybe Megas shouldn’t have been created.” The idea is simple, but interesting (at least to me it might seem REALLY boring to other people).

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
More Balanced Hackmons

This will be a Pet Mod where mechanics, moves, mons, items, and abilities will be modified in an effort to create a more Balanced Hackmons.

For example:
"Paralysis quarters speed but never fully paralyzes."
"Adamant Orb cannot be knocked off when Dialga holds it."
"Swampert-Mega now has 110/135/120/80/120/70 stats."

Guidelines:
Pokemon buffs:
  • should be balanced. Offensive mons should be able to have a reliable defensive and offensive checks, and defensive mons should be able to be broken through.
    • For example, giving 50 Attack to Beedrill-Mega would not be allowed.
  • should only be used on C-rank or lower mons.
    • For example, you would not be able to buff Zekrom.
400 BST and lower: 200 maximum BST
500 BST and lower: 100 maximum BST
600 BST and lower: 25 maximum BST
Sum of offenses and Speed: maximum 360, Sum of defenses and HP: maximum 360

Ability buffs and new abilities:
  • should strictly be clones of one other legal ability, so as to not be broken. However, if you can prove that the ability is not broken on top-tier Pokemon, it will be allowed.
    • For example, an ability that doubles Special Attack, raises Defense by 3 when a stat is lowered, or lowers the opponent's Defense every turn would not be allowed.
  • should be balanced. Make sure that likely candidates for this ability would not be broken, testing with damage calcs.
    • For example, a Flying-typed Steelworker clone would not be balanced, for Rayquaza-Mega could abuse it with Dragon Ascent to nearly 2HKO Registeel.
Banned:
Arena Trap
Huge Power
Illusion
Innards Out
Magnet Pull
Moody
Parental Bond
Protean
Psychic Surge
Pure Power
Shadow Tag
Stakeout
Water Bubble
Wonder Guard

5:
Adaptability
Contrary
Impostor
Tinted Lens

4.5:
Aerilate*
Comatose
Dazzling
Fur Coat*
Galvanize*
Magic Bounce
Misty Surge
Normalize
Pixilate*
Prankster
Poison Heal
Queenly Majesty
Regenerator
Sheer Force
Simple
Speed Boost
Steelworker
Triage
Unaware
Unburden

4:
Delta Stream
Desolate Land
Electric Surge
Flash Fire
Magic Guard
Mold Breaker
No Guard
Primordial Sea
Refrigerate
Sand Stream
Serene Grace
Shadow Shield
Soundproof
Technician
Teravolt
Tough Claws
Turboblaze

3.5:
Beast Boost
Berserk
Corrosion
Dark Aura
Drizzle
Drought
Fairy Aura
Grassy Surge
Guts
Harvest
Hustle
Intimidate
Levitate
Lightningrod
Merciless
Multiscale
Mummy
Quick Feet
Skill Link
Sniper
Soul-Heart
Stamina
Storm Drain
Sturdy
Surge Surfer
Thick Fat
Volt Absorb

3:
Chlorophyll
Compound Eyes
Dancer
Download
Flare Boost
Fluffy
Iron Barbs
Mega Launcher
Motor Drive*
Moxie
Natural Cure
Poison Touch
Prism Armor
Reckless
Rock Head
Rough Skin
Sand Rush
Sap Sipper
Scrappy
Snow Warning
Slush Rush
Solid Rock
Stance Change (Aegislash exclusive)
Strong Jaw
Swift Swim
Toxic Boost
Trace

2.5:
Bad Dreams
Bulletproof
Cheek Pouch
Competitive
Defiant
Dry Skin
Filter
Gale Wings
Gooey
Infiltrator
Liquid Ooze
Liquid Voice
Marvel Scale
Multitype (Arceus exclusive)
Sand Force
Shed Skin
Sticky Hold
Tangling Hair
Weak Armor

2:
Aftermath
Air Lock
Analytic
Anger Point
Blaze
Clear Body
Cloud Nine
Cursed Body
Effect Spore
Flame Body
Flower Gift
Flower Veil
Full Metal Body
Heatproof
Hydration
Immunity
Insomnia
Iron Fist
Justified
Limber
Long Reach
Overgrow
Overcoat
Poison Point
Shield Dust
Static
Suction Cups
Swarm
Sweet Veil
Synchronize
Torrent
Victory Star
Vital Spirit
Water Compaction*
Water Veil
White Smoke
Wonder Skin

1.5:
Aroma Veil
Aura Break
Early Bird
Frisk
Grass Pelt
Inner Focus
Pressure
Rain Dish
Rattled
Sand Veil
Snow Cloak
Solar Power
Super Luck
Unnerve

1:
Anticipation
Battle Armor
Color Change
Cute Charm
Damp
Forewarn
Ice Body
Leaf Guard
Light Metal
Oblivious
Own Tempo
Shell Armor
Steadfast

0.5:
Big Pecks
Gluttony
Hyper Cutter
Keen Eye
Magma Armor
Stench
Tangled Feet

0:
Battery
Battle Bond (Greninja exclusive)
Disguise (Mimikyu exclusive)
Forecast (Castform exclusive)
Friend Guard
Healer
Honey Gather
Illuminate
Magician
Minus
Pickup
Pickpocket
Plus
Power of Alchemy
Power Construct
Reciever
RKS System
Run Away
Schooling (Wishiwashi exclusive)
Shields Down (Minior exclusive)
Symbiosis
Telepathy
Zen Mode (Darmanitan exclusive)

-1:
Defeatist
Emergency Exit
Heavy Metal
Klutz
Rivalry
Stall
Wimp Out

-2:
Slow Start
Truant

Will come up with move and mechanic guidelines if this pet mod becomes a real thing.

Last edited:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I feel like keeping twin foci on improving weak Pokemon and changing mechanics could be difficult (and the second to me is beyond the scope of "normal" BH in a way), but that's not to say that it'd be impossible and neither thing would be a fatal concern for me.

If this does materialize, some introductions e.g. to norms of offensive potential, defensive potential, and common moves as relevant to BH and the mod specifically could go a long way towards attracting new people. I myself have some grasp of them, but I still could use some freshening up.

Incorporating BH into a pet mod definitely sounds cool and interesting to me, at any rate.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I feel like keeping twin foci on improving weak Pokemon and changing mechanics could be difficult (and the second to me is beyond the scope of "normal" BH in a way), but that's not to say that it'd be impossible and neither thing would be a fatal concern for me.

If this does materialize, some introductions e.g. to norms of offensive potential, defensive potential, and common moves as relevant to BH and the mod specifically could go a long way towards attracting new people. I myself have some grasp of them, but I still could use some freshening up.

Incorporating BH into a pet mod definitely sounds cool and interesting to me, at any rate.
Yeah, now I realize that changing mechanics of the game would pull it away from the original BH. I think I'll focus on improving weak mons to diversify the meta.

Speaking of coding, is there a way I could find out how to code something on my own? (Specifically, codding my own mod, if that helps)

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
Speaking of coding, is there a way I could find out how to code something on my own? (Specifically, codding my own mod, if that helps)
If you google Pokemon Showdown Github, and go into data, you’ll find where most of the things are coded. Should be pretty self explanatory what everything does in there, but if not, feel free to ask.

Edit: would give a link, but I’m on phone

Edit 2: https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown

Last edited:
Spreadsheet to Pokedex App (Beta)

I'm very pleased to announce the completion of a little side project I've been working on for the past several days. The Spreadsheet to pokedex app is an app designed to generate javascript formatted code for pet mods, based on data contained in a spreadsheet. It can export Pokedex data, Learnset data, and Format data ( what tier it's in basically ) that can be copied into your code files for whatever pet mod you are working on. The way it works is that it will prompt you to copy various columns from a spreadsheet into the app. Once the data is loaded, you can select options and export code.

Let's say, for instance, I wanted to copy in the data from Monotype Gen 8. Here is the spreadsheet for that mod.

First, select Input Data. Later, you will select Export Menu when you want to export files.

Here you check which fields you want to input. Check any boxes that your spreadsheet has data for, unless you want to leave it out of the code.

The input box looks like this. Press OK to input data. Skip will let you go to the next field without inputting any data, which is useful if you only want to add one or two columns to what you've already input. Once you input data, it holds onto it until you press [ Clear Data ] in the main menu. You can even go into the data folder in the app's folder and mess with it manually if you want. Make sure you clear the data before trying to load a new spreadsheet or different set of pokemon.

This is the export menu. Each export option has its own settings. Clicking any of the export buttons will create a txt file in the app's folder with the code that you want.

Here is a full export from Monotype Gen 8
JavaScript:
angealous: {
    num: 900,
    species: "Angealous",
    types: ["Fairy", "Fighting"],
    baseStats: {hp: 85, atk: 60, def: 70, spa: 90, spd: 90, spe: 111},
    abilities: {0: "Cute Charm", 1: "Anger Point", H: "Sheer Force"},
    weightkg: 9,
    eggGroups: ["Fariy"],
},
basilom: {
    num: 901,
    species: "Basilom",
    types: ["Dragon", "Poison"],
    baseStats: {hp: 80, atk: 115, def: 90, spa: 80, spd: 70, spe: 95},
    abilities: {0: "Poison Touch", H: "Corrosion"},
    weightkg: 42.5,
    eggGroups: ["Dragon"],
},
burrobee: {
    num: 902,
    species: "Burrobee",
    types: ["Bug", "Ground"],
    baseStats: {hp: 90, atk: 90, def: 80, spa: 130, spd: 74, spe: 111},
    abilities: {0: "Mold Breaker", 1: "Honey Gather", H: "Sand Force"},
    weightkg: 90,
    eggGroups: ["Bug"],
},
chandelurealola: {
    num: 903,
    species: "Chandelure-Alola",
    types: ["Ice", "Ghost"],
    baseStats: {hp: 55, atk: 35, def: 100, spa: 135, spd: 100, spe: 95},
    abilities: {0: "Frozen Fire", 1: "Ice Body", H: "Infiltrator"},
    weightkg: 34.3,
    eggGroups: ["Amporphous"],
},
clawcroach: {
    num: 904,
    species: "Clawcroach",
    types: ["Bug"],
    baseStats: {hp: 75, atk: 125, def: 70, spa: 55, spd: 110, spe: 95},
    abilities: {0: "Swarm", 1: "Compoundeyes", H: "Calloused"},
    weightkg: 60,
},
contrunion: {
    num: 905,
    species: "Contrunion",
    types: ["Ice", "Fire"],
    baseStats: {hp: 62, atk: 102, def: 42, spa: 102, spd: 42, spe: 142},
    abilities: {0: "Slush Rush", 1: "Solar Power", H: "Sheer Force"},
    weightkg: 21.3,
    eggGroups: ["Amporphous"],
},
corsteela: {
    num: 906,
    species: "Corsteela",
    types: ["Water", "Steel"],
    baseStats: {hp: 85, atk: 75, def: 115, spa: 85, spd: 115, spe: 55},
    abilities: {0: "Adaptability", 1: "Natural Cure", H: "Regenerator"},
    weightkg: 9.0kg,
    eggGroups: ["Water1", "Water3"],
},
cryptech: {
    num: 907,
    species: "Cryptech",
    types: ["Steel", "Poison"],
    baseStats: {hp: 83, atk: 71, def: 73, spa: 101, spd: 121, spe: 131},
    abilities: {0: "Datamining", H: "Analytic"},
    weightkg: 556.3,
    eggGroups: ["Undiscovered"],
},
cursphinx: {
    num: 908,
    species: "Cursphinx",
    types: ["Rock", "Ghost"],
    baseStats: {hp: 68, atk: 78, def: 94, spa: 118, spd: 48, spe: 124},
    abilities: {0: "Sand Force", 1: "Cursed Body", H: "Levitate"},
    weightkg: 9.97,
    eggGroups: ["Amorphous"],
},
electiviremega: {
    num: 909,
    species: "Electivire-Mega",
    baseSpecies: "Electivire",
    forme: "Mega",
    formeLetter: "M",
    types: ["Electric", "Fighting"],
    baseStats: {hp: 75, atk: 165, def: 115, spa: 105, spd: 115, spe: 75},
    abilities: {0: "Iron Fist"},
    weightkg: 150,
    eggGroups: ["Human-like"],
},
electrolyte: {
    num: 910,
    species: "Electrolyte",
    types: ["Psychic", "Electric"],
    baseStats: {hp: 78, atk: 117, def: 80, spa: 60, spd: 104, spe: 91},
    abilities: {0: "Strong Jaw", 1: "Volt Absorb", H: "Telepathy"},
    weightkg: 120,
    eggGroups: ["Water2", "Amorphous"],
},
gryphoid: {
    num: 911,
    species: "Gryphoid",
    types: ["Dragon", "Steel"],
    baseStats: {hp: 95, atk: 95, def: 95, spa: 95, spd: 95, spe: 45},
    abilities: {0: "Battle Armor"},
    eggGroups: ["Mineral"],
},
haluslime: {
    num: 912,
    species: "Haluslime",
    types: ["Psychic", "Poison"],
    baseStats: {hp: 90, atk: 60, def: 70, spa: 100, spd: 110, spe: 90},
    abilities: {0: "Liquid Ooze", 1: "Stench", H: "Illusion"},
    weightkg: 30,
    eggGroups: ["Amorphous", "Mineral"],
},
jerbola: {
    num: 913,
    species: "Jerbola",
    types: ["Normal", "Fairy"],
    baseStats: {hp: 65, atk: 45, def: 75, spa: 45, spd: 75, spe: 115},
    abilities: {0: "Cute Charm", 1: "Hustle", H: "Huge Power"},
    weightkg: 5.3,
    eggGroups: ["Field"],
},
krakatuby: {
    num: 914,
    species: "Krakatuby",
    types: ["Rock", "Fire"],
    baseStats: {hp: 84, atk: 134, def: 104, spa: 70, spd: 84, spe: 104},
    abilities: {0: "Crystal Core"},
    weightkg: 44.44,
},
lupina: {
    num: 915,
    species: "Lupina",
    types: ["Dark"],
    baseStats: {hp: 80, atk: 110, def: 75, spa: 80, spd: 85, spe: 100},
    abilities: {0: "Strong Jaw", 1: "Moxie", H: "Infiltrator"},
    weightkg: 45,
},
magmule: {
    num: 916,
    species: "Magmule",
    types: ["Fire", "Ground"],
    baseStats: {hp: 120, atk: 60, def: 120, spa: 100, spd: 70, spe: 50},
    abilities: {0: "Own Tempo", 1: "Dry Skin", H: "Thick Fat"},
    weightkg: 300,
},
pixoil: {
    num: 917,
    species: "Pixoil",
    types: ["Fairy", "Ground"],
    baseStats: {hp: 75, atk: 70, def: 60, spa: 120, spd: 130, spe: 70},
    abilities: {0: "Sand Veil", 1: "Sand Force", H: "Marvel Scale"},
    weightkg: 0.04,
    eggGroups: ["Mineral", "Fairy"],
},
pumpkindle: {
    num: 918,
    species: "Pumpkindle",
    types: ["Grass", "Fire"],
    baseStats: {hp: 90, atk: 68, def: 121, spa: 109, spd: 82, spe: 60},
    abilities: {0: "Flash Fire", 1: "Solar Power", H: "Drought"},
    weightkg: 400,
    eggGroups: ["Grass"],
},
rangeruff: {
    num: 919,
    species: "Rangeruff",
    types: ["Psychic", "Normal"],
    baseStats: {hp: 80, atk: 110, def: 80, spa: 70, spd: 80, spe: 110},
    abilities: {0: "Frisk", H: "Guts"},
    weightkg: 31.8,
},
rockatrice: {
    num: 920,
    species: "Rockatrice",
    types: ["Rock", "Flying"],
    baseStats: {hp: 115, atk: 80, def: 80, spa: 95, spd: 95, spe: 115},
    abilities: {0: "Keen Eye", H: "Magic Guard"},
    weightkg: 19.95,
},
scorpiod: {
    num: 921,
    species: "Scorpiod",
    types: ["Poison", "Ground"],
    baseStats: {hp: 65, atk: 105, def: 105, spa: 65, spd: 95, spe: 95},
    abilities: {0: "Battle Armor", 1: "Sniper", H: "Mold Breaker"},
    weightkg: 27,
    eggGroups: ["Water3"],
},
souldier: {
    num: 922,
    species: "Souldier",
    types: ["Ghost", "Fighting"],
    baseStats: {hp: 60, atk: 120, def: 60, spa: 89, spd: 90, spe: 101},
    abilities: {0: "Vital Spirit", 1: "Cursed Body", H: "Moxie"},
    weightkg: 15,
    eggGroups: ["Human-Like"],
},
spirisheet: {
    num: 923,
    species: "Spirisheet",
    types: ["Ghost", "Normal"],
    baseStats: {hp: 65, atk: 70, def: 70, spa: 90, spd: 125, spe: 110},
    abilities: {0: "Magic Guard", 1: "Magic Bounce", H: "Disguise"},
    weightkg: 0.22,
    eggGroups: ["Amporpous"],
},
temprasect: {
    num: 924,
    species: "Temprasect",
    types: ["Bug", "Dragon"],
    baseStats: {hp: 50, atk: 120, def: 60, spa: 110, spd: 70, spe: 90},
    abilities: {0: "Dancer", H: "Serene Grace"},
    weightkg: 9.79,
},
termight: {
    num: 925,
    species: "Termight",
    types: ["Bug", "Fighting"],
    baseStats: {hp: 90, atk: 55, def: 100, spa: 120, spd: 120, spe: 45},
    abilities: {0: "Iron Fist", 1: "Swarm", H: "Prankster"},
    weightkg: 33.6,
},
thunderusa: {
    num: 926,
    species: "Thunderusa",
    types: ["Dark", "Electric"],
    baseStats: {hp: 90, atk: 120, def: 90, spa: 70, spd: 80, spe: 75},
    abilities: {0: "Gluttony", H: "Galvanize"},
},
ursanium: {
    num: 927,
    species: "Ursanium",
    types: ["Ice", "Steel"],
    baseStats: {hp: 61, atk: 103, def: 107, spa: 59, spd: 75, spe: 115},
    abilities: {0: "Ice Body", 1: "Skill Link", H: "Guts"},
    weightkg: 450,
},
venusauralola: {
    num: 928,
    species: "Venusaur-Alola",
    types: ["Grass", "Rock"],
    baseStats: {hp: 80, atk: 100, def: 100, spa: 82, spd: 88, spe: 80},
    abilities: {0: "Overgrow", H: "Thick Fat"},
    weightkg: 100,
    eggGroups: ["Monster", "Grass"],
},
vivifire: {
    num: 929,
    species: "Vivifire",
    types: ["Fire", "Fairy"],
    baseStats: {hp: 78, atk: 68, def: 75, spa: 105, spd: 89, spe: 115},
    abilities: {0: "Flash Fire", 1: "Serene Grace", H: "Prankster"},
    weightkg: 17.9,
    eggGroups: ["Fairy"],
},

JavaScript:
    angealous: {
        tier: "OU",
        doublesTier: "DOU",
    },
    basilom: {
    },
    burrobee: {
    },
    chandelurealola: {
    },
    clawcroach: {
    },
    contrunion: {
    },
    corsteela: {
    },
    cryptech: {
    },
    cursphinx: {
    },
    electiviremega: {
    },
    electrolyte: {
    },
    gryphoid: {
    },
    haluslime: {
    },
    jerbola: {
    },
    krakatuby: {
    },
    lupina: {
    },
    magmule: {
    },
    pixoil: {
    },
    pumpkindle: {
    },
    rangeruff: {
    },
    rockatrice: {
    },
    scorpiod: {
    },
    souldier: {
    },
    spirisheet: {
    },
    temprasect: {
    },
    termight: {
    },
    thunderusa: {
    },
    ursanium: {
    },
    venusauralola: {
    },
    vivifire: {
    },

JavaScript:
angealous: {learnset: {
    airslash: ["7L1"],
    aurasphere: ["7L1"],
    calmmind: ["7L1"],
    defog: ["7L1"],
    flashcannon: ["7L1"],
    focusblast: ["7L1"],
    grassknot: ["7L1"],
    hex: ["7L1"],
    incinerate: ["7L1"],
    moonblast: ["7L1"],
    psychic: ["7L1"],
    roost: ["7L1"],
    shadowball: ["7L1"],
    substitute: ["7L1"],
    taunt: ["7L1"],
    toxic: ["7L1"],
    vacuumwave: ["7L1"],
    workup: ["7L1"],
}},
basilom: {learnset: {
    aquatail: ["7L1"],
    dig: ["7L1"],
    dracometeor: ["7L1"],
    dragondance: ["7L1"],
    fangcharge: ["7L1"],
    firefang: ["7L1"],
    gunkshot: ["7L1"],
    sludgebomb: ["7L1"],
    surf: ["7L1"],
    swordsdance: ["7L1"],
    uturn: ["7L1"],
}},
burrobee: {learnset: {
    agility: ["7L1"],
    ancientpower: ["7L1"],
    bugbuzz: ["7L1"],
    darkpulse: ["7L1"],
    earthpower: ["7L1"],
    earthquake: ["7L1"],
    gigadrain: ["7L1"],
    hiddenpower: ["7L1"],
    lunge: ["7L1"],
    moonlight: ["7L1"],
    signalbeam: ["7L1"],
    smackdown: ["7L1"],
    stealthrock: ["7L1"],
    stoneedge: ["7L1"],
    superpower: ["7L1"],
}},
chandelurealola: {learnset: {
    freezedry: ["7L1"],
    icebeam: ["7L1"],
    painsplit: ["7L1"],
    willowisp: ["7L1"],
}},
clawcroach: {learnset: {
    closecombat: ["7L1"],
    knockoff: ["7L1"],
    megahorn: ["7L1"],
}},
contrunion: {learnset: {
    burningice: ["7L1"],
    fireblast: ["7L1"],
    freezingfire: ["7L1"],
    iciclecrash: ["7L1"],
    thunderbolt: ["7L1"],
    thunderpunch: ["7L1"],
}},
corsteela: {learnset: {
    curse: ["7L1"],
    gyroball: ["7L1"],
    headsmash: ["7L1"],
    hydropump: ["7L1"],
    ironhead: ["7L1"],
    lightscreen: ["7L1"],
    liquidation: ["7L1"],
    magiccoat: ["7L1"],
    powergem: ["7L1"],
    purify: ["7L1"],
    recover: ["7L1"],
    reflect: ["7L1"],
    refresh: ["7L1"],
    scald: ["7L1"],
}},
cryptech: {learnset: {
    discharge: ["7L1"],
    extrasensory: ["7L1"],
    metalburst: ["7L1"],
    nastyplot: ["7L1"],
    sludgewave: ["7L1"],
    switcheroo: ["7L1"],
    voltswitch: ["7L1"],
}},
cursphinx: {learnset: {
    flamethrower: ["7L1"],
    painsplit: ["7L1"],
    rockpolish: ["7L1"],
    substitute: ["7L1"],
    weatherball: ["7L1"],
}},
electiviremega: {learnset: {
    drainpunch: ["7L1"],
    firepunch: ["7L1"],
    hammerarm: ["7L1"],
    icepunch: ["7L1"],
    poweruppunch: ["7L1"],
    rockslide: ["7L1"],
    signalbeam: ["7L1"],
    wildcharge: ["7L1"],
}},
electrolyte: {learnset: {
    aquatail: ["7L1"],
    coil: ["7L1"],
    crunch: ["7L1"],
    icefang: ["7L1"],
    poisonfang: ["7L1"],
    psychicfang: ["7L1"],
    rapidspin: ["7L1"],
    thunderfang: ["7L1"],
    thunderwave: ["7L1"],
}},
gryphoid: {learnset: {
    dragontail: ["7L1"],
    flamecharge: ["7L1"],
    roar: ["7L1"],
}},
haluslime: {learnset: {
    barrier: ["7L1"],
    bodyslam: ["7L1"],
    confusion: ["7L1"],
    discharge: ["7L1"],
    psyshock: ["7L1"],
    scald: ["7L1"],
    sludgewave: ["7L1"],
    stickyweb: ["7L1"],
    toxicspikes: ["7L1"],
    venoshock: ["7L1"],
    yawn: ["7L1"],
}},
jerbola: {learnset: {
    blazekick: ["7L1"],
    charm: ["7L1"],
    doubleedge: ["7L1"],
    encore: ["7L1"],
    highjumpkick: ["7L1"],
    honeclaws: ["7L1"],
    playrough: ["7L1"],
    quickattack: ["7L1"],
    return: ["7L1"],
    stompingtantrum: ["7L1"],
    superfang: ["7L1"],
}},
krakatuby: {learnset: {
    crystalbeam: ["7L1"],
    energyball: ["7L1"],
    eruption: ["7L1"],
    flareblitz: ["7L1"],
    overheat: ["7L1"],
}},
lupina: {learnset: {
    irontail: ["7L1"],
    pursuit: ["7L1"],
    suckerpunch: ["7L1"],
}},
magmule: {learnset: {
    clearsmog: ["7L1"],
    coaltrap: ["7L1"],
    lavaplume: ["7L1"],
}},
pixoil: {learnset: {
    heatwave: ["7L1"],
    psychoshift: ["7L1"],
    shoreup: ["7L1"],
}},
pumpkindle: {learnset: {
    dazzlinggleam: ["7L1"],
    flamewheel: ["7L1"],
    flareblitz: ["7L1"],
    leafstorm: ["7L1"],
    leechseed: ["7L1"],
    rapidspin: ["7L1"],
    seedbomb: ["7L1"],
    solarbeam: ["7L1"],
    sunnyday: ["7L1"],
    synthesis: ["7L1"],
}},
rangeruff: {learnset: {
    facade: ["7L1"],
    playrough: ["7L1"],
    psychicfangs: ["7L1"],
    roar: ["7L1"],
    slackoff: ["7L1"],
    trick: ["7L1"],
}},
rockatrice: {learnset: {
    airslash: ["7L1"],
    bravebird: ["7L1"],
    glare: ["7L1"],
    headsmash: ["7L1"],
    hurricane: ["7L1"],
    meanlook: ["7L1"],
    steelwing: ["7L1"],
    whirlwind: ["7L1"],
}},
scorpiod: {learnset: {
    poisonjab: ["7L1"],
    toxicspikes: ["7L1"],
}},
souldier: {learnset: {
    bulkup: ["7L1"],
    closecombat: ["7L1"],
    drainpunch: ["7L1"],
    firepunch: ["7L1"],
    machpunch: ["7L1"],
    shadowsneak: ["7L1"],
    spiritshackle: ["7L1"],
}},
spirisheet: {learnset: {
    dazzlinggleam: ["7L1"],
    destinybond: ["7L1"],
    encore: ["7L1"],
    hypervoice: ["7L1"],
    perishsong: ["7L1"],
    shadowclaw: ["7L1"],
    shadowsneak: ["7L1"],
    wrap: ["7L1"],
}},
temprasect: {learnset: {
    dragondance: ["7L1"],
    dragonpulse: ["7L1"],
    fierydance: ["7L1"],
    lowkick: ["7L1"],
    megahorn: ["7L1"],
    outrage: ["7L1"],
    quiverdance: ["7L1"],
}},
termight: {learnset: {
    aurasphere: ["7L1"],
    buzzbomb: ["7L1"],
    hypnosis: ["7L1"],
}},
thunderusa: {learnset: {
    bulkup: ["7L1"],
    doubleedge: ["7L1"],
    powertrip: ["7L1"],
    pursuit: ["7L1"],
    return: ["7L1"],
    suckerpunch: ["7L1"],
    throatchop: ["7L1"],
    zenheadbutt: ["7L1"],
}},
ursanium: {learnset: {
    autotomize: ["7L1"],
    iciclespear: ["7L1"],
    ironslash: ["7L1"],
}},
venusauralola: {learnset: {
    leafstorm: ["7L1"],
    leechseed: ["7L1"],
    powerwhip: ["7L1"],
    rocktomb: ["7L1"],
    synthesis: ["7L1"],
    tanglingvines: ["7L1"],
}},
vivifire: {learnset: {
    aromatherapy: ["7L1"],
    celebrate: ["7L1"],
    cleansingfire: ["7L1"],
    psyshock: ["7L1"],
}},

This took about 5 minutes to do. Now, there are some things to consider when using this app. First, any typos in the spreadsheet will make their way into the code. Second, many spreadsheets have text in them that doesn't convert so well. Although it catches some common things like "----" and "N/A" and removes most unnecessary punction, there is no accounting for every possible format someone might put into a spreadsheet. Therefore, using this app is no substitute for testing your code before submitting.

Now, Monotype Gen 8 is all about fakemons, and involves submitting a lot of data like Weight and Egg Groups that most mods' spreadsheets don't have in them. That's where the options come in:

The settings shown are not the default. Pokedex # settings lets you either number your pokemon in order ( useful for mods with fakemons ), get their dex number from the official pokedex ( useful for Clean Slate and Fresh Takes ), or omit the line entirely ( useful in combination with the Inherit option to create a simplified dex format ).

Just as with Pokedex numbers, the app allows you to fill in any other pokedex data from the official pokedex. You can therefore quite easily have fields like weight filled in automatically, if you are using altered real pokemon instead of completely new ones. You can even change some abilities and have the other ones auto filled in. Just make sure you turn on this option ( the one that says "On/Off ( fills in missing data )") if you want that to happen. Take a look at the Database Autofill Settings before trying anything fancy.

The autofill can also work for certain fields if you enter Evos or Prevo data, and the Evos or Prevo are pokemon in the official pokedex. You can set a weight ratio ( to make prevos lighter or evos heavier ) as well.

Autofill works for learnsets too. This option is contained in the Learnset Settings menu, and it also works for Evos and Prevos. For Evos, the moveset it creates will involve only moves shared by the evolutions ( i.e. it can correctly create Eevee's learnset by looking at the learnsets of all its evos ). For prevos it simply inherits the whole moveset.

You can also export code that changes learnsets from the scripts.js file, which is simpler if you are only adding moves and not removing them.

I really hope this saves a lot of time for coders and increases the general chance of pet mods being coded and played! Feel free to PM with any questions, and especially bug reports. Here is the link if you want to download it and try it out!

Last edited:
Pet Mod Idea:

M
ega Mirrors

This Pet Mod builds on the rare privilege that was afforded to fan favorites Mewtwo and Charizard: 2 Mega Evolutions. Thus, in this Pet Mod, a second Mega Evolution will be made for every Pokemon with a Mega Evolution.

Rules:
Every slate will have 3 Pokemon that already have Mega Evolutions that will be given an X/Y Mega. Out of the 2 X/Y Mega forms that we have, we can see a lot of trends that you should keep in mind while submitting:
X Megas:
- Have higher Attack and Defense
- Lean towards physical attacking, but have more mixed stats
- Better overall bulk
- Differ decently from their base form's stats
- Change the base form's secondary type

Y Megas:
- Have higher Special Attack and Special Defense
- Special Attackers through and through
- Highest attacking stat is higher than X Mega's highest attacking stat
- Highest defensive stat is higher than X Mega's highest defensive stat
- Are more in line with the base form's stats

Guideline for what Megas would fall under which category - this tells you what name to give the Mega you create:
X: Absol, Aerodactyl, Aggron, Altaria, Audino, Banette, Beedrill, Blaziken, Diancie,, Gallade, Garchomp, Gyarados, Heracross, Kangaskhan, Latias, Lopunny, Lucario, Mawile, Medicham, Metagross, Pinsir, Sableye, Salamence, Scizor, Sharpedo, Steelix, Swampert, Tyranitar, Venusaur
Y: Abomasnow, Alakazam, Ampharos, Blastoise, Camerupt, Gardevoir, Gengar, Glalie, Houndoom, Latios, Manectric, Pidgeot, Sceptile, Slowbro
Special: Rayquaza (Alternate Mega with a different signature move), Groudon, Kyogre (require new orb)

Whether or not you follow the trends, it's essential that the Mega you make has a different role than the original Mega so it's not outclassed. All of the same rules when making Megas apply the same way they do in Megas For All and other Pet Mods that made Megas (Monotype Gen 8 and The New First Gen), exactly +100 to stats, can't raise HP, and same ability rankings as MFA.

Speaking of the old Megas, since this is an OU-based Pet Mod, some of the original Megas would likely be underpowered. So, after each slate, 3 RUBL or lower Megas will get buffed in a buffing slate.

Questions:
Can we change the Pokemon's type when making a new Mega?
Yes, but only the secondary type (or adding a secondary type).

Can we make custom moves or abilities?
Yes, but only if they are a clone of an existing move/ability or if you provide the code for it.

Do we have to follow the existing trends?
No, but they are there to guide you in order to make sure you create a unique Mega compared to the original. Names of the Mega Stone and Mega do follow the guideline, however (the names of existing Mega Stones don't change for convenience).

Questions for you:

Does this sound fun?

Should custom elements be allowed?

Should UU Megas also get buffed in buffing slates? Should Megas in Ubers be nerfed?

Any name suggestions?

Would this be better as an add-on to Megas For All? I'd prefer if it was its own thing as the metagame would be fresh, but if the interest is there for it to be a side project, then that's fine.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
1543773306745.png
1543773349004.png

Z Meta

If the name and big pictures of Goku and Frieza didn't tip you off, Z Meta is a Pet Mod based on Dragon Ball which adds a bunch of DB characters, items and new Mega Stones based on DB transformations.

What will slates be like?
There won't be any. Instead, I'm currently making a spreadsheet with all the new stuff listed. If/when this pet mod becomes a real thing, we can then proceed to buff and nerf stuff as needed. Keep in mind: THIS IS INCOMPLETE!!!!

Where's [insert mildly popular character not in the spreadsheet like Krillin, Caulifla, Cabba, etc.]?
If one of those guys isn't there, it's probably because I couldn't figure out how to make unique or interesting compared to other fighters. If you have an idea, feel free to share it! Also, for characters with multiple variations (eg Goku), just assume it's their most recent variation. For example, Broly will be based on his DBS version.

Are you aware of the fan game DBZ Team Training? If so, why not just port that to Showdown?
Yes, that game directly inspired this pet mod. I get that it clearly had a lot of effort put into it, but... the creator clearly doesn't understand how balancing works, nor did he design it with any care for multiplayer/competitive play. I'm usually a proponent for fun over competitiveness, but a format where 3/4 of the characters are Fire/Fighting types with multiple having Attack stats above 120 with Huge Power is just gonna get stale and overly offensive real quickly. There's also lots of "filler" characters who don't really serve a purpose or niche. Don't believe me? Check out some of the insanity here!

This post is just to gauge interest. What do you think?

View attachment 148173View attachment 148174
Z Meta

If the name and big pictures of Goku and Frieza didn't tip you off, Z Meta is a Pet Mod based on Dragon Ball which adds a bunch of DB characters, items and new Mega Stones based on DB transformations.

What will slates be like?
There won't be any. Instead, I'm currently making a spreadsheet with all the new stuff listed. If/when this pet mod becomes a real thing, we can then proceed to buff and nerf stuff as needed. Keep in mind: THIS IS INCOMPLETE!!!!

Where's [insert mildly popular character not in the spreadsheet like Krillin, Caulifla, Cabba, etc.]?
If one of those guys isn't there, it's probably because I couldn't figure out how to make unique or interesting compared to other fighters. If you have an idea, feel free to share it! Also, for characters with multiple variations (eg Goku), just assume it's their most recent variation. For example, Broly will be based on his DBS version.

Are you aware of the fan game DBZ Team Training? If so, why not just port that to Showdown?
Yes, that game directly inspired this pet mod. I get that it clearly had a lot of effort put into it, but... the creator clearly doesn't understand how balancing works, nor did he design it with any care for multiplayer/competitive play. I'm usually a proponent for fun over competitiveness, but a format where 3/4 of the characters are Fire/Fighting types with multiple having Attack stats above 120 with Huge Power is just gonna get stale and overly offensive real quickly. There's also lots of "filler" characters who don't really serve a purpose or niche. Don't believe me? Check out some of the insanity here!

This post is just to gauge interest. What do you think?
cmon tennysonmons is bad enough we really don't need another single-series one of these, especially not in a series where most of the idiots do the same exact things

Maybe a meta where a pokemon can have moved or abilities that any of their stages have, i.e. Salamanca with sheer force or charizard with tough claws.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)