Pet Mods General Discussion Thread

dom

Banned deucer.
i made poffs of slam so ill dump all the (few) teams i have left after a ton of builder resets, click the images to get import

spikes + mismagius is p gewd, one of those "try not to lose" teams

dont play dumb vs other setup sweepers like volc

(didnt end up using this iirc but fatshit that doesnt lose how can you go wrong) a "classic" stall that relies on status to kill shit bc no hazards with jirachis ability

brought this and lost in the open but its good i just forgot how wish worked, banded bulu has defensive utility but also power (also grassy terrain is cool for fat shit)

yea i didnt play good but this teams aite i think just stack hazards v balance (esp if they have a tang, keep hazards UP!) but triple lead is epic

was told to put this here I suppose, so here we go. I had a pet mod idea, with what feedback I got being decent, but I do not feel I could be the one to execute such a pet mod. I'm not the greatest person when it comes to responsibility like this, so I thought I'd let whoever may wish to submit it submit it.

It is essentially similar to Crossover Chaos. However, its fakemon rather then Crossover. Similar format and the like, though. Could even have a theme to every other slate and the like, I do not know. How competitive-based it would be, I do not know, but my intention was this to be more of a fun-based pet mod similar to...well, crossover chaos.

And yes, I know the inevitable CAP mention is coming, but the formats and such have significant differences. CAPs more of a competitive-based project as one big group, the other is more fun-based individual project with the submit-vote system.

I feel like the idea would be fun and fairly interesting to those who enjoy making fakemon like myself. I hope somebody considers giving this a try, and this pet mod gets to see the light of day.

im going to be honest i was probably bad with words throughout this entire post, but i tried my best.

edit: ok whoops i just learnt monotype gen 8 is a thing. but mine isn't monotype-based, and is more fun-biased then competitive-biased. so i suppose it could still work out(?)

So I was wondering how I would go about getting my own special vanity project Pet Mod. I have a spreadsheet and logo ready to go:

I've tried to keep it reasonably small, and more than that concise; new additions are grouped by categories people are familiar with like starters and legendaries, and many new and altered pokemon are designed specifically to take advantage of the new moves.

My idea was to have a playtest tourney to start and then open it to further submissions. I'd like to have submissions follow a series of steps that narrows down ideas and creates something interesting. Nothing as fancy as what goes on in CAP, but something a little more directed, such as:
- identify an area that is lacking in pokemon's variety of moves or pokemon
- create new move with distribution
- create or alter a pokemon to take maximum advantage of the new move

Otherwise simpler slates like "new X Terrain setter/abuser" might be done. I want to keep this very balanced and competitive, and hopefully the kind of thing that is easy to get into. This would mean not too massive, making sure everything has a purpose, changes to pokemon are concise, and new moves are made for new pokemon ( or vice versa ). I would handle all coding.

No hard feelings if this isn't something that's wanted here. I'm also thinking I should wait on it a bit, until some of the currently active tourneys have finished and Spookdex is done being constructed and has had some play. Just figured I'd run the idea by you guys.

Annika

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
I want to revive Itemized, a Pet Mod. Would I need to submit the idea again to the OM Submissions forum, or could I just make a new thread since it has already been approved by the admins? Please advise.

Alright well after a lack of response from any mods help, I guess this is where this should be?

Welcome to Madmons! Myself and a few friends have begun to develop this idea, at first it was just a fun little project, but now it's beginning to expand. We've been taking already created Pokemon (generally from lower tiers), and improving them! We create moves, new abilities, make slight movepool adjustments, and even change the typing of some Pokemon. We've used nexus ps as our playground and have someone with the ability to code everything in.

Here's a few examples of what we've done, to wet your interest:

The problem we've encountered comes with a very small group, we need more people to help test these new Pokemon. As of right now, for the most part they remain theorymons. In the near future, the hope is to have a central group of builders, and a group of playtesters. And just maybe we could even see artists to resprite some Pokemon. :blobthumbsup: Eventually, analysis will be written up for all the Pokemon we've created, but that would require people to understand and well, create a metagame.

So if this sounds like something you would be interested in, don't hesitate to send me a DM, leave a reply, or contact me on Discord! (my username is Xexus#2229)
Any help we can get would be greatly appreciated, because right now unfortunately it feels like the project isn't going anywhere.

Alright well after a lack of response from any mods help, I guess this is where this should be?

Welcome to Madmons! Myself and a few friends have begun to develop this idea, at first it was just a fun little project, but now it's beginning to expand. We've been taking already created Pokemon (generally from lower tiers), and improving them! We create moves, new abilities, make slight movepool adjustments, and even change the typing of some Pokemon. We've used nexus ps as our playground and have someone with the ability to code everything in.

View attachment 159207
View attachment 159208
View attachment 159209
View attachment 159210
View attachment 159211

The problem we've encountered comes with a very small group, we need more people to help test these new Pokemon. As of right now, for the most part they remain theorymons. In the near future, the hope is to have a central group of builders, and a group of playtesters. And just maybe we could even see artists to resprite some Pokemon. :blobthumbsup: Eventually, analysis will be written up for all the Pokemon we've created, but that would require people to understand and well, create a metagame.

So if this sounds like something you would be interested in, don't hesitate to send me a DM, leave a reply, or contact me on Discord! (my username is Xexus#2229)
Any help we can get would be greatly appreciated, because right now unfortunately it feels like the project isn't going anywhere.
This is basically like Sylvemons.

View attachment 159207
View attachment 159208
View attachment 159209
View attachment 159210
View attachment 159211

This actually sounds just like Optimons, which does all of the same things from changing stats to creating new moves and abilities to changing types. Optimons even focuses on buffing Pokemon from lower tiers too.

I’ve seen quite a few Pet Mods that add in new Fakémon, items, mechanics, etc.
I’ve also seen quite a few Pet Mods that change the generation mechanics (e.g. gen 1 mechanics in gen 7)
So I thought- What if there was a combination of the two?

From the Ground Up
or stepping stones / brick by brick the name isn’t final.

Now, what would this Pet Mod do?
Put simply, it would take everything from Gen. 1, and then add or change mechanics/Pokémon/items/you get the idea.
For example, somebody could decide, “Maybe Farfetch’d should’ve got an evolution,” and there you go. Or maybe: “Maybe Megas shouldn’t have been created.” The idea is simple, but interesting (at least to me it might seem REALLY boring to other people).
I submitted a Pet Mod called "Retromons" with similar ideas. Basically, a reversion to the old mechanics wherever possible. Ideas include getting rid of the PSS, Dark, Steel, and Fairy types, and Gen 2 Hidden Power.

Marigold

formerly KuraiTenshi26
Hello, everyone! I'm new to the Pet Mod community, so hopefully here is the place to share this.

Gen 1 has always held a special place in my heart, ever since my childhood. Years later, RBY OU became the first metagame I took up competitively. However, the metagame is inherently flawed because Gen 1 was born in a time where metagame balancing wasn't a mainstream, highly valued topic. But that changes today. Inspired heavily by the Pokemon (Ultra) Violet mod from the Pokemon Perfect forums, I bring to you...
Pokemon Rose Red / Iris Blue (<----- links to the detailed metagame document)

With the title a symbolism of an old generation budding anew, the goal of Rose Red/Iris Blue (an RBY-based proposed pet mod) is to make near every pokemon a viable pick at minimum (pokemon can have low viability however, but this still implies being usable), while still allowing teams to have at least adequately good matchups against all reasonably viable threats. A criteria to change decisions is also to avoid “gimmicky threats” and stick to what pokemon already do. This keeps the matchup-based aspect of the metagame to a minimum, makes it beginner-friendly, and allows teambuilding to be reasonable in adequately covering most or all threats. If you guys like what you see and are interested in seeing more, make sure to check out the metagame document in the title! I am currently working on making this metagame playable and am still doing some internal testing, so things are definitely subject to change if need be.

The current RBY meta is awful, with horrid centralization around specific threats and most typings being utterly outclassed by the prominent ones. However, this new metagame will feature mechanic changes to make the metagame more approachable, such as...

- A modernized type chart (without dark, steel, or fairy types)
- Removed 1/256 miss rate on everything
- Recovery moves not failing at specific hp numbers
- Nerfed sleep
- Nerfed freeze
- Offensive attack buffs for previously shit types
- PARTIAL-TRAPPING NERFS
- TEAM PREVIEW

and more!

Here is just a taste of the new threats added to the meta:

HP:80
Attack:105
Defense:65
Special:60
Speed:130

whirlwind is buffed (80 bp flying stab)
gains rock slide (85 bp)

Aerodactyl becomes a potent cleaner now that it can actually use its stabs. It’s walled by golem/rhydon, but can use fire blast to fish for a 30% burn. I expect this to be a top tier offensive threat, with nice dual stab and a nasty 25% crit rate, as well as a normal resistance and ground immunity.
Bug/Psychic type
HP:60 -> 70
Attack:45 -> 55
Defense:50 -> 70
Special:80 -> 95
Speed:70 -> 80

Heavily inspired by Pokemon Violet, Double powders, decent speed, and virtually unresisted dual stab makes Butterfree a great status spreader and decent attacker. Butterfree is notably one of the hardest counters to psychic types as a whole, switching well into psychics and healing off all the damage with leech life. Being a hard psychic counter is a valuable niche, though the increased viability of flying and fire types mean that Butterfree can’t heal as freely as it would like... even if it has ways to punish these switch-ins.
Fire/Dragon
HP:78
Attack:84 -> 94
Defense:78
Special:85 -> 95
Speed:100

Gains Thrash (110 bp dragon move, lasts 2-3 turns then confuses)

Unique typing that grants it useful resistances and alleviates typical bad matchups for fire or dragon types, Charizard is a versatile breaker that can use swords dance, slash, fire blast, earthquake, or the unresisted thrash to poke holes into teams for teammates. Probably a situational pick that may struggle to fit onto teams, but I think this one can make a breakthrough in the format if placed on the right team comp.

HP:95
Attack:70
Defense:73
Special:85 -> 95
Speed:60

The ORAS queen is back with her incredibly annoying bulk, power, and versatility. Being able to run a 3 attacks (physical or special) + heal set, status spreader, or reflect/light screen wall set makes Clef the annoyance it’s known to be in current generation play. A very wide movepool and high splashability means that this may very well be a staple pick of the metagame, and I expect a lot of creativity when it comes to making this shine.

HP:50
Attack:105 -> 110
Defense:79
Special:35 -> 110 (!)
Speed:76

Access to buffed submission, 100 bp 90 acc
Access to boosted elemental punches, all 95 bp 100 acc

Hitmonchan is finally able to use its elemental punches to some degree, and has a similar feel to a boxer in that you can take hits and hit hard in return by exploiting weaknesses. However, its seemingly good bulk is undermined by a low 50 hp and its special attacking prowess is hurt by not having any stab on special moves. It’s also somewhat walled by psychics, but can do a number to ones with exploitable secondary typing. Hitmonchan still seems like a fun pick, and will probably surprise foes if used on a great team that supports it.

HP:90
Attack:82
Defense:87 -> 97
Special:75
Speed:76

Gains softboiled

Nidoqueen has great bulk, which is bolstered immensely by its new access to softboiled. Being the only ground type with recovery is a huge boon, making it a reliable switch-in to many flying type threats, and electric ones too. It’s also a good fighting type check, which is nice when considering the immense buffs they’re gaining. Nidoqueen is also by no means passive (nothing truly is in rby anyway), having a fantastic attacking movepool with high bp stabs and coverage. I expect nidoqueen to become a top tier threat in the new rby meta.
fire/psychic
HP:73
Attack:76
Defense:75
Special:100
Speed:100

Gains psychic
Gains thunder wave

Ninetales is an unconventional psychic type. It lacks recovery and doesn’t spread sleep. Rather, it can lock down the foe by utilizing parafusion and has an amazing dual stab combo, functioning primarily as an offensive threat that can check threats courtesy of its great typing. I expect this to be a high tier threat at minimum.

HP:70
Attack:60
Defense:125
Special:115
Speed:55

Gains recover

Omastar gains recover, which is a HUGE niche in being the only rock type with reliable recovery. It has stellar 70/125/115 bulk which makes it an very sturdy counter to terrifying birds like Articuno, Moltres, and Aerodactyl. Access to body slam also lets it punish common water/ice resists. It’s held back by its horrid movepool and low speed though, but a well-supported Omastar will make for an excellent anti-bird/normal threat.

In closing...

My goal is to showcase the potential RBY has when properly balanced, its deceptive depth within simplicity, and especially how fun it is! I legitimately believe that this version of RBY, when perfected, will surpass RBY OU in terms of competitiveness, tournament suitability, and ease of approach to get into. It will be a long road to work on this metagame, but a rewarding and enjoyable one. If you took the time to read this all, thanks! I really appreciate it, feel free to leave some thoughts about the potential mod.

Here's a development of the Scootopia idea I had, only this time it's not a vanity project solo pet mod!

A descriptive title might be "Elementmons" ( although I'm still partial to Scootopia ). The idea woiuld be to create content through a multistage process that would begin with the creation of a new move, ability, or item, and work through phases of distributing this new element to existing pokemon, as well as the creation of a fakemon or modification of an existing pokemon to make optimal use of this new element.

I essentially came up with this process when I was coming up with the content in my original Scootopia spreadsheet. To make a long story short, pulling a bunch of fakemons out of my hat resulted in exactly what you'd expect - a long list of fakemons. I had way too many, and needed to get rid of most of them. The most worthwhile ones to keep where the ones that best showcased new moves and abilities, as they were most guaranteed to bring something new and interesting to the table. I essentially realized that much more interesting pokemon could be made if they were designed around a single new element. Also, by abstracting the beginning of the process to a single element, you can ensure that it targets something you want to change about the game, i.e. to buff physical Electric types, provide a new support option to a group of underwhelming pokemon, or just introduce a new mechanic into battles, which just makes the resulting fakemon more meaningful. "Design a pokemon that uses X move" is also just a kind of slate that I haven't seen here yet.

I'm still working out specifics and I'm very open to suggestions. I think this is a much better idea than the previous one, though.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
I got an idea for a Fusion Evolution spin-off. This will be more like an AG tiered metagame, with the ability to have up to 3 Pokemon to fuse with, even with up to 3 typings and even new abilities and signature move(s). There are no requirements, since everything will be a DNA fusion with ANY FORM, even stone reliants. "Weapons" are also created in the same way, but they give a different signature depending on the lower defensive stat of the opponent. Weapon Pokemon can be created, but must have 2 typings and only one signature move. When these are equipped, they give a 10% stat boost, even to HP.

For the idea, Dragonith's FUSE Corp creations are the reason why I want this to happen. Oh, and the pet mod will be called Operation F.U.S.E.: Fusion Evolution 6.0.

Awesome or ridiculous? I just want to have a AG based Pet Mod.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I got an idea for a Fusion Evolution spin-off. This will be more like an AG tiered metagame, with the ability to have up to 3 Pokemon to fuse with, even with up to 3 typings and even new abilities and signature move(s). There are no requirements, since everything will be a DNA fusion with ANY FORM, even stone reliants. "Weapons" are also created in the same way, but they give a different signature depending on the lower defensive stat of the opponent. Weapon Pokemon can be created, but must have 2 typings and only one signature move. When these are equipped, they give a 10% stat boost, even to HP.

For the idea, Dragonith's FUSE Corp creations are the reason why I want this to happen. Oh, and the pet mod will be called Operation F.U.S.E.: Fusion Evolution 6.0.

Awesome or ridiculous? I just want to have a AG based Pet Mod.
In all honestly, we dont want ANOTHER FE spin off. Besides, at this point regular FE should be AG based, due to how ridiculous they are.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
In all honestly, we dont want ANOTHER FE spin off. Besides, at this point regular FE should be AG based, due to how ridiculous they are.
Well then, how about a Resources thread for that, considering on how popular and complicated it is. Even then, might as well just suggest a idea: Gendered Pokemon (i.e. crossing over different egg groups) can now be DNA fused together, with the same rules as before.

I was looking for something like this and apparently, it's not already a thing. Pretty much the pet mod would allow people to create their only Theorymon mega for a mon (Not affecting the visual form, cause that's a whole nother thing to implement, just the stats and ability (And maybe item). For example, my friend and I were hoping Gen 8 would have some new megas so we compiled a large list and have been theorymonning.
E.g. Mega Meganium - A Grass/Fairy with Flower veil and boosted base stats.

I'm not sure of the logistics of doing such a thing, so I can't say if it's hard or easy. Would appreciate some feedback and answers, especially if it's possible to be done.

Maybe additionally, just a plain evolution (so not like a mega, but if it simply went up the evolution line, again, no pictures or model).

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I was looking for something like this and apparently, it's not already a thing. Pretty much the pet mod would allow people to create their only Theorymon mega for a mon (Not affecting the visual form, cause that's a whole nother thing to implement, just the stats and ability (And maybe item). For example, my friend and I were hoping Gen 8 would have some new megas so we compiled a large list and have been theorymonning.
E.g. Mega Meganium - A Grass/Fairy with Flower veil and boosted base stats.

I'm not sure of the logistics of doing such a thing, so I can't say if it's hard or easy. Would appreciate some feedback and answers, especially if it's possible to be done.

Maybe additionally, just a plain evolution (so not like a mega, but if it simply went up the evolution line, again, no pictures or model).
That's basically Megas for All, a pet mod which has already implemented many new megas. The thread is in the forum if you would like to take a look!

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I know that I already am handling one Pet Mod during this time, but for the future (Gen 8 Pet Mod, which I assume is in early-mid 2020 at best, although I've been told that the ASAP for Gen 8 Pet Mods would be December 2019), I prepare for something different, something that GF never dared to do before.

Behold a further step of evolution that is not Mega Evolution.

Fourth Frontier
Fourth Frontier is basically a way to say a fourth stage of a Pokemon evolution. Here are what are the Evolution Stages as we all know about in Pokemon; Basic, Stage 1 and Stage 2.

The goal here is to give a Stage 3 evolution (the fourth slot of an evolution line) for a Stage 2 Evolution Pokemon with BST lower than 500. This allows for some theorymonning of if just one more evolution for a three-staged Pokemon line could be possible, especially with Pokemon with below average BST or is Untiered (especially all Pokemon with both).

Here is the list of Pokemon with BST below 500, thus compatible for the Pet Mod's slates.
Pokémon (BST)Tier + Branching Evolution PossibilityNotice
Talonflame (499 BST)​
RUBL, Branching Evolution Possible.​
Talonflame have Gale Wings.​
Golem + Alolan Golem (495 BST)​
Both Untiered, Branching Evolution Not Possible.​
Kanto and Alola Golem Evo doesn't need to have same stats.​
Gothitelle (490 BST)​
Untiered, Branching Evolution Possible.​
It got Shadow Tag... which is banned from anything not Ubers and AG anyways.​
Reuniclus (490 BST)​
RUBL, Branching Evolution Possible.​
Have Magic Guard and Regenerator.​
Exploud (490 BST)​
NUBL, Branching Evolution Possible.​
Have Boomburst.​
Vileplume (490 BST)​
NU, Branching Evolution Not Possible.​
More offensive oriented than Bellossom.​
Bellossom (490 BST)​
Untiered, Branching Evolution Not Possible.​
More defensive oriented than Vileplume.​
Victreebel (490 BST)​
Untiered, Branching Evolution Possible​
Lacking coverage.​
Unfeazant (488 BST)​
Untiered, Branching Evolution Not Possible​
Male and Female Unfeazant Evo can have different Stats and Abilities.​
Toucannon (485 BST)​
Untiered, Branching Evolution Possible​
Have Sheer Force and Skill Link.​
Staraptor (485 BST)​
UUBL, Branching Evolution Not Recommended but Possible​
Have both Intimidate and Reckless.​
Scolipede (485 BST)​
UUBL, Branching Evolution Possible​
Have Speed Boost. Make the Evo with caution with that in mind!
Raichu + Alolan Raichu (485 BST)​
Raichu is Untiered, Alolan Raichu is PU. Branching Evolution Not Possible.​
A Hidden Ability can be given for Alolan Raichu's evo (and Alolan Raichu for consistency).​
Clefable (483 BST)​
OU. Branching Evolution Possible​
Clefable is OU material, so potential ban does to benefit from Eviolite.​
Shiftry (480 BST)​
Untiered. Branching Evolution Possible.​
Nothing to note apart of Chlorophyll.​
Ludicolo (480 BST)​
PU. Branching Evolution Possible.​
Have Shift Swim​
Pidgeot (479 BST)​
Untiered. Branching Evolution not Recommended but Possible.​
Have a Mega Evoultion; normal Evolution may need to be distinct from Mega Pidgeot.​
Jumpluff (460 BST)​
Have Chlorophyll and is already fast.​
Wigglytuff (435 BST)​
Untiered. Branching Evolution Possible, if not Guaranteed.​
Have Competitive. A more physical-oriented evo can have Defiant.​
Azumarill (420 BST)​
UUBL. Branching Evolution not Recommended but Possible.​
Have Huge Power. Make the Evo with caution with that in mind! Azumarill's potential ban with Eviolite​
Vivillion (411 BST)​
NU. Branching Evolution not Recommended.​
Have Powder. May need distinction from Butterfree and Beautifly.​
Beautifly (395 BST)​
Untiered. Branching Evolution Not Possible.​
May need further distinction from Butterfree and Vivillion.​
Butterfree (395 BST)​
May need further distinction from Beautifly and Vivillion... notice a pattern here?​
Beedrill (395 BST)​
Untiered. Branching Evolution Not Recommended but Possible.​
Have a Mega Evolution; normal Evolution for Beedrill may need to be more distinct from Mega Beedrill.​
Dustox (385 BST)​
Untiered. Branching Evolution Not Possible.​
Dustox's Evo will have the same BST as Beautifly's Evo.​

Seriously, how did Dustox's BST is 10 lower than Beautifly despite being a branched evolution counterpart?

There also the Untiered Pokemon as well; Dusknoir, Electivire, Leavanny, Luxray, Meganium, Politoed, Slaking (we just need a simple solution for this one), Ampharos, Walrein. Poliwrath will also get an Evolution like Politoed, because both are the final evos of Poliwag, and just Politoed wouldn't make it fair. There will be three slates out of three of those Untiered Pokemon (with Poliwrath as an "extra" to go along with Politoed).

The main focus on the evolution for those Pokemon in question is to be as faithful as possible, but also stand out on their own, such as potentially different typing, new tools (maximum 1 custom move and 1 custom Ability to avoid too much coding constraint), and even a branched evo (that allows a little more liberty about their typing).

Now here are some questions;
  • Is only including second stage Pokemon with BST lower than 499 reasonable? Trying to give one evo for Pokemon with 500 or higher would prove difficult as their BST is already high and might potentially cause strained stat changes or an irregularly high BST. (Answered: Include all Pokemon that is second evolution of the line from Untiered as well.)
    • That being said, a reward system may make some exceptions.
  • Would Clefable and Azumarill be acceptable for the slates, or should they be left on their own because of them potentially overpowered if benefiting the Eviolite item?
  • Considering that plenty of them are Normal, Grass, Bug and to lesser extent Fairy, should we heavily encourage Type diversion for the submissions by giving them a secondary type (if it don't have one) or change either primary or secondary (if dual typed)?
I know that it would ended up too early for a Pet Mod with Gen 8 approaching. If people liked this idea enough, then I may submit (and if successful, host) this Pet Mod once Pet Mod become acceptable to make during Gen 8.

EDIT 1: I might add a reward system of three rewards depended on how many submissions you made.
  1. "I Want This Next!" Having two slates won (i.e. having at least one submission as a winner in one slate) in the long run allows you to pick any of the Pokemon on the "To-Do List" for the next slate. Up to three person at a time.
  2. "Custom Limit Up" Having three slates won allows one more of either Custom Move or Custom Ability to any of the upcoming slated Pokemon. This can be stacked with another person, but only up to two Custom Moves and two Custom Abilities per Pokemon Evo.
  3. "Branched Addition" Having five slates won allows you to add a branched Fourth stage evo to any Pokemon with a won Fourth Stage. Your vote-not-required creation must match the BST of the original Fourth Stage and respect the usual rules, but this can be your chance to put your submission that didn't get the most vote for a Pokemon of previous slate!
If you get any of these rewards after the last slate, 1 will allows you to make a branched evolution to any won Evo submissions's pre-evo that didn't have one (and excluding those who were off-limit for branched evolutions), 2 works as normal but you make either an extra Custom Move/Ability for one of the winner submissions, and 3 will works like normal.

EDIT 2: Here is how the submission form will look like. Nothing too special but making it works is what matters the most.
Pre-Evolution: (The Pokémon in question that is about to receive the respective evolution. Method of evolution can be included, but it should not be repeated from previous evolution method.)
Pokémon Name: (The name of the submission. Try to respect the naming scheme of the Pokémon line, as will be indicated at the start of each slate.)
Type: (The type of the Pokémon. You cannot change both of the types of a dual-typed Pokémon, and you cannot replace the sole type of a single-typed Pokémon (unless the sole type is Normal). You may, however, add a new type to a single-typed Pokemon and change only one of types of a dual-typed Pokémon.)
Abilities: (Be sure to give an equal amount of Abilities from the pre-evolution to the evolution, but you can change the Abilities as long as it have some flavorful sense. 1 Custom Ability can be given.)
Stats: HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe | BST (You may not decrease more than a sum of 20 for any and all stats. A BST max limit will also be imposed for each slated Pokémon. You should not go blatantly min-maxing with the base stats either, or raise an already high stat to an unreasonable level.)
New Moves: (There is no real limit for adding moves, but be sensible about it. No need to give an insane coverage to the Pokémon in question. You can add 15-ish if the pre-evolution have a limited movepool, but still, don’t go insane with coverage and support.)
Custom Elements: (You will explain what is the Move and the Ability are a clone of an existing move/ability. I may not accept a blatant copy-paste of a Legendary Move (unless if given different type) or Ability.)
Height + Weight: (Since they are evolution, they will be typically bigger and heavier than their pre-evo. A few moves like Grass Knot, Heavy Slam and Low Kick will utilize weight as part of Base Power calculation, so be sure to provide weight. Don’t go over the top with the height/weight ratio, as unless you provide a good reason in the Description, an evolution with 1.2 meter but 900 kg compared to the pre-evolution doesn’t seems very stay-true to the line.)
Description: (Optional, but will help for sprites and other art-related activities. Describe how the Evolution would look like, or at least in comparison to its pre-evolution.)
Competitive Uses: (Describe what they can do in OU. Bringing damage calculation and movesets into mind are optional, but help others to judge if they would be reasonable or not for the OU tier.)
Is It Overpowered?: (Explain the potential weaknesses of your submission. A sweeper should have weak defenses while a wallbreaker should be slow, or point about OU threats, status or type that will give it a hard time.)
Movesets: (Optional, but will help giving a detail of a general moveset or two they can use in OU.)

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
So, in my eyes, the area where my last two ideas went right was in how little they're like other Pet Mods. That being said, I'm not entirely sure about this idea, since it may have the potential to be a completely normal mod or one that doesn't stand out at all. It might just be me doubting myself, but I dunno. That's a big reason why I'm posting it here.

Community Solomod

So, for those who don't know, a "Solomod" is a type of Pet Mod where one person is running the whole show, and for the most part, every single change made is decided by that one person. Some people have an issue with how little the community is involved with these, and though most of the mods I've seen are pretty good, this is kind of an issue that may affect how big their playerbase is. That's where this mod would change that. In this mod, there would be a very large "council" that gets a few things equally distributed among them to change at their well. Among these are...

- Every fully-evolved Pokemon in the game. The council members could all "reserve" some Pokemon, and then the rest well be evenly distributed randomly. You could be able to trade the ability to change certain Pokemon with other members if they don't like something they got...like say Member 1 got Gothitelle and they don't want to change Gothitelle, so they agree with Member 2 to take the ability to change Gothitelle in exchange for the ability to change Member 2's Mothim. Pokemon with Mega Evolutions will be treated separately, though; if you take a Pokemon with an existing mega, you get the mega, and everyone will have the same amount of Pokemon that can mega. There could also be a thing where someone can give up one of their fully-evolved Pokemon to get the ability to change an unevolved one? I dunno, I personally would want to change a few NFE Pokemon, like Duosion and Poipole.
- A few new Mega Evolutions. They can be to whatever Pokemon the user wants so long as it's fully evolved, even a Fakemon that they made. I was thinking each person could have three to work with.
- A few Fakemon. Each member could add a certain number of Fakemon to the meta. There could also be three per person here, or maybe something like a grand total of twenty distributed among everyone.
- Some brand new abilities and moves. Everyone could create a certain number of each which the other members could decide to add to the Pokemon they have if they choose. There would probably be somewhere around three to five of each per council member. People would probably be able to go wild with these, so long as they're not too difficult to program.
- Possibly some new "features," or other things that can't really fall under any one category, but should be changed to spice things up regardless. Two examples I can think of are Intrinsic Levitation, which was originally from CFM and allows any Pokemon that appears to be hovering to be immune to ground moves, or something more similar to The Pokedex According to Spook making Curse into a full-on status effect that cuts Special Attack in half. This will probably just end up being an "other" category where people can just make whatever miscellaneous changes they want, so long as it wouldn't fall into the above categories.

I feel like these are kind of a given, but if there's a council member that goes inactive without saying anything before all of the changes have been made, then they can be replaced or have their Pokemon/Fakemon slots distributed among the other members. If anything is considered broken enough to be banworthy, whether it's during submissions or not, then the council will vote on whether or not it should be changed.

As for questions...

- ...Once again I'm gonna need to ask if anyone has a better name for this. I'm pretty bad at names, and I think the words "community" and "solo" are really contradictory, so I personally don't like them together all too much.
- Would trying to balance every fully evolved Pokemon be a bit much? Would it be better to just distribute, say, 100 Pokemon among all of the council members?
- Does anyone have any categories they think I should remove or add, or are there any changes I should make to the existing ones?
- Could signature moves and abilities just be counted as a part of the Pokemon? Like, for example, if someone got Regigigas and wanted to toy with the concept of making it a worthwile Pokemon to use while keeping the concept of Slow Start, should they be allowed to tweak Slow Start or would they have to make a new ability?
- Is there any reason that I do or don't allow Ubers to come in with nerfs? Do we just bring back the ones that aren't mascot legends like Skymin, Naganadel, Blaziken etc?
- Would this even be an interesting idea to begin with?

Also, would anyone else who's interested be willing to run this? I'll edit this post if someone takes the idea, but as of right now I have a mod of my own that I submitted, and if that gets accepted then I can't run two. If you do take the idea, feel free to change it in whatever way you'd like

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
So, in my eyes, the area where my last two ideas went right was in how little they're like other Pet Mods. That being said, I'm not entirely sure about this idea, since it may have the potential to be a completely normal mod or one that doesn't stand out at all. It might just be me doubting myself, but I dunno. That's a big reason why I'm posting it here.

Community Solomod

So, for those who don't know, a "Solomod" is a type of Pet Mod where one person is running the whole show, and for the most part, every single change made is decided by that one person. Some people have an issue with how little the community is involved with these, and though most of the mods I've seen are pretty good, this is kind of an issue that may affect how big their playerbase is. That's where this mod would change that. In this mod, there would be a very large "council" that gets a few things equally distributed among them to change at their well. Among these are...

- Every fully-evolved Pokemon in the game. The council members could all "reserve" some Pokemon, and then the rest well be evenly distributed randomly. You could be able to trade the ability to change certain Pokemon with other members if they don't like something they got...like say Member 1 got Gothitelle and they don't want to change Gothitelle, so they agree with Member 2 to take the ability to change Gothitelle in exchange for the ability to change Member 2's Mothim. Pokemon with Mega Evolutions will be treated separately, though; if you take a Pokemon with an existing mega, you get the mega, and everyone will have the same amount of Pokemon that can mega. There could also be a thing where someone can give up one of their fully-evolved Pokemon to get the ability to change an unevolved one? I dunno, I personally would want to change a few NFE Pokemon, like Duosion and Poipole.
- A few new Mega Evolutions. They can be to whatever Pokemon the user wants so long as it's fully evolved, even a Fakemon that they made. I was thinking each person could have three to work with.
- A few Fakemon. Each member could add a certain number of Fakemon to the meta. There could also be three per person here, or maybe something like a grand total of twenty distributed among everyone.
- Some brand new abilities and moves. Everyone could create a certain number of each which the other members could decide to add to the Pokemon they have if they choose. There would probably be somewhere around three to five of each per council member. People would probably be able to go wild with these, so long as they're not too difficult to program.
- Possibly some new "features," or other things that can't really fall under any one category, but should be changed to spice things up regardless. Two examples I can think of are Intrinsic Levitation, which was originally from CFM and allows any Pokemon that appears to be hovering to be immune to ground moves, or something more similar to The Pokedex According to Spook making Curse into a full-on status effect that cuts Special Attack in half. This will probably just end up being an "other" category where people can just make whatever miscellaneous changes they want, so long as it wouldn't fall into the above categories.

I feel like these are kind of a given, but if there's a council member that goes inactive without saying anything before all of the changes have been made, then they can be replaced or have their Pokemon/Fakemon slots distributed among the other members. If anything is considered broken enough to be banworthy, whether it's during submissions or not, then the council will vote on whether or not it should be changed.

As for questions...

- ...Once again I'm gonna need to ask if anyone has a better name for this. I'm pretty bad at names, and I think the words "community" and "solo" are really contradictory, so I personally don't like them together all too much.
- Would trying to balance every fully evolved Pokemon be a bit much? Would it be better to just distribute, say, 100 Pokemon among all of the council members?
- Does anyone have any categories they think I should remove or add, or are there any changes I should make to the existing ones?
- Could signature moves and abilities just be counted as a part of the Pokemon? Like, for example, if someone got Regigigas and wanted to toy with the concept of making it a worthwile Pokemon to use while keeping the concept of Slow Start, should they be allowed to tweak Slow Start or would they have to make a new ability?
- Is there any reason that I do or don't allow Ubers to come in with nerfs? Do we just bring back the ones that aren't mascot legends like Skymin, Naganadel, Blaziken etc?
- Would this even be an interesting idea to begin with?
- Would anyone else who's interested be willing to run this? I'll edit this post if someone takes the idea, but as of right now I have a mod of my own that I submitted, and if that gets accepted then I can't run two. If you do take the idea, feel free to change it in whatever way you'd like.
Maybe just Communitymod, Unitymod or Councilmod for the name will do the trick. If you want a less on-the-nose name, try something like The United Council of Mod.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
OK, back with Ultra Beast Variants V3. This time, we're back to V1 standards, which mean you can create custom abilities and moves again! Only this time, they also have to be in line with that Megas For All ability ranking, so any 5's are (kinda) prohibited, and 4.5's may be restricted. Also, min-max stats are still allowed, but not something like this: 251/241/29/11/31/7 or 73 / 151 / 2 / 191 / 2 / 151 . Or even more so (since I made this one), definately nothing like this: Counter Reception: When an attack of anykind hits this, it "sucks it up and spits it out". (it means it dosen't take damage and counters with 2x normal damage.) It also grants perfect accuracy on all Dark type attacks and immunity to all status and negative side effects. It may be a while before this is put in (with my Excelo: The Mod project along the way and just that), but I just want something like the chaos above to be seen again. And I'll make sure that It'll stick to the point rather than just spouting off everywhere.

Or, basically V1 again, but AG-based. Again, not with the chaotic stuff I mentioned at least, and prime numbers may not be used. 570/680/754 may be used as the totals, so its just that I loved the mod and I just wanted something to not be completely broken among repair.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it'll be a free for all, and up to 5 Pokemon can be voted up for each slate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)