Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (CAP V. 3.0 READ THE OP!)

Polljumping refers to something that discusses an element that should only be brought on later stages, such as talking about specific abilities during typing, or specific stats during abilities (For example, saying that Poison/Fire is a good typing because its weakness to Ground can be patched with Levitate, or that if we choose a defensive ability like Intimidate, we can better use set up moves like Dragon Dance). Of course this is a very subjective matter, as it is unavoidable to discuss certain elements, like common STAB moves like Flash Cannon and Shadow Ball in the current typing discussion, and certain concepts might even require a certain amount of polljumping, like how in the current process we already know that CAP 26 is going to have access to Doom Desire. However, as a general rule, you should always try to avoid talking about things that will be decided on later stages, because that can derail the current discussion.

sun_dew

formerly JAGFL
is a Pre-Contributor
Was CAP25 having more than one CAPmon part of the celebration CAP? Or has it always been possible and nobody’s took advantage of it before?

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Was CAP25 having more than one CAPmon part of the celebration CAP? Or has it always been possible and nobody’s took advantage of it before?
That was specific to the celebration project. The base rules would not allow more than one project, but what we did for the celebration was allow people to submit frameworks for projects that would break rules that are normally enforced on every other project.

are there any prerequisites for submitting pokemon designs during the design phase? like do I need to apply to be able to submit a design or can anybody submit a design when the time comes? I might want to try and make something come the next mon, but I just want to make sure I do so in the right way when that time comes.

Do we know what plans there are RE Capmon in Gen 8? Will it be built on a 'National Dex' or Galar only Dex? Or will it just be OU+CAPMon, and the decision will be left to OU? And have OU made any decision?

And is there any where that the news of what the new Generation is bringing and how that can affect the CapMeta can be discussed? I don't have the knowledge and time but you guys are super interesting to read on the morning commute and this could help fill a gap while waiting for the next gen and next CAP?

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Do we know what plans there are RE Capmon in Gen 8? Will it be built on a 'National Dex' or Galar only Dex? Or will it just be OU+CAPMon, and the decision will be left to OU? And have OU made any decision?

And is there any where that the news of what the new Generation is bringing and how that can affect the CapMeta can be discussed? I don't have the knowledge and time but you guys are super interesting to read on the morning commute and this could help fill a gap while waiting for the next gen and next CAP?
As of now, we want to know all the details of Sword and Shield before we make any decisions to remain consistent with the game and Smogon's standards. As far as I know, OU hasn't made any decisions regarding Sword and Shield yet. We can speculate how the metagame will change, but without knowing which Pokemon will be included and without knowing all of the new Pokemon from Galar, it's hard to know what the metagame will look like.

Basically, it's hard to make sound decisions and hard to make predictions without complete data. We'll see what Sword and Shield brings when it gets here.

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Once Gen VIII begins, how long do you believe it will take before the metagame has settled to the point where we can start CAP 27? (It's probably tough to guess, but historically, how long has it taken in the past?)

Once Gen VIII begins, how long do you believe it will take before the metagame has settled to the point where we can start CAP 27? (It's probably tough to guess, but historically, how long has it taken in the past?)
Gen 8 looks to shake things up quite a bit so no one really knows how long it will take for the meta to settle following SwSh release, typically however there has been a period of 2/3ish months from a new generations release to the start of a new CAP, so I would expect something similar this time around as well.

what is the canon base xp yield, ev yield, xp growth rate, hatching step count, catch rate, friendship and performance stats(pokeathlon) of the CAP and PreCAP mons?
also what are the plans for doing the five remaining PreCAP mons?(Nohface, Monohm, Duohm, "Coloshale"(i think it was decided that it will change design and name) and "Krilowatt"(i think the name was to be decided between this and two more))
are they to be done after equilibra's pre evo? (Clarification: im no hurry, i just would like to know if the poll for when to do them will be held in 6 years or 23 and half, and a bit of further clarification, that time frame was chosen as a half joke, i REALLY am in no hurry)
and lastly, how does it feel knowing that you have helped in the creation of 54 mon?(minilibra is being made right now and the other five are not fully finalized, once they are done it will be 60 mons that you guys have made)
Edit: Clarification

Last edited:
what is the canon base xp yield, ev yield, xp growth rate, hatching step count, catch rate, friendship and performance stats(pokeathlon) of the CAP and PreCAP mons?
also what are the plans for doing the five remaining PreCAP mons?(Nohface, Monohm, Duohm, "Coloshale"(i think it was decided that it will change design and name) and "Krilowatt"(i think the name was to be decided between this and two more))
are they to be done after equilibra's pre evo? (Clarification: im no hurry, i just would like to know if the poll for when to do them will be held in 6 years or 23 and half, and a bit of further clarification, that time frame was chosen as a half joke, i REALLY am in no hurry)
and lastly, how does it feel knowing that you have helped in the creation of 54 mon?(minilibra is being made right now and the other five are not fully finalized, once they are done it will be 60 mons that you guys have made)
Edit: Clarification
Hey there,
CAPs do not have these ancillary stats. As far as doing the prevos go we're getting to them, and the ones you mentioned will get finished up eventually, we just have a lot of stuff going so it's hard to cover everything we want to at the same time. Hope this answers your questions, as far as how it feels goes, it's pretty cool being part of this community, I recommend trying it out in future projects to everyone :blobthumbsup:

Is there any possibility of starting the Yum or Yuck threads 8th edition in the Metagame forum? As it's been so long since the previous, and there's the whole question of the CAP updates to take place, I didn't want to just start it off if there was an intentional delay to starting the threads off.

Should we delay some reworks (cough Necturna cough) for after the expansion pass comes out? Some moves might come back... (cough Sketch cough)
There are no plans to do this, since we have no idea what is in the DLC aside from a few mons that were shown - it makes no sense to leave CAPs with their Gen 7 Movepools for a whole year on the possibility that they line up with how their movepools might look post DLC. The updates are to get the CAPs movepools in line with the current games - if something is drastically different after we have all the DLC and all the information, I'm sure we could look into revisiting movepools again then.

For Necturna's specific case, you can still transfer one with Sketch to the new gen, if Smeargle being reintroduced makes it clickable again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)