SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

trubbish

Banned deucer.
So, outside of a proper datamine, what are we still missing?

Unless someone gets an early copy of Sword, we won’t know they typings/stats/moves of its exclusive Pokémon.

But we’ve got a good idea about most of the Dex at this point, as well as decent hypothetical stats. We’ve seen most (all?) Gigantamax forms, either in game or through the guide leak. We also know the gym types as well as the big story points.

I guess we can ask the leaker for some of the NFE Pokémon stats, and a few more TM/TRs but unless I’m missing something, it seems like we’ve exhausted most of the info you can pull from just a play through.
Primarily things relating to old Pokemon. Stat buffs? Movepool updates? New abilities? Have any moves or abilities been changed in any ways we haven't seen? I feel like there is still quite a bit we have not seen. Maybe its stuff that exists below the surface where a casual play through might not catch, but its enough that requiring dedicated research into every 1 and 0 would be warranted.

So, outside of a proper datamine, what are we still missing?

Unless someone gets an early copy of Sword, we won’t know they typings/stats/moves of its exclusive Pokémon.

But we’ve got a good idea about most of the Dex at this point, as well as decent hypothetical stats. We’ve seen most (all?) Gigantamax forms, either in game or through the guide leak. We also know the gym types as well as the big story points.

I guess we can ask the leaker for some of the NFE Pokémon stats, and a few more TM/TRs but unless I’m missing something, it seems like we’ve exhausted most of the info you can pull from just a play through.
I'd like to see more of the movepools of the new pokemon/new forms, and what other abilities they have

I pray that cursola and galarian stunfisk don't have only one ability

I wouldn't be so quick to say we've seen most/all of the Gigantamax forms. Remember, XY had 30 megas (28 playable since 2 were mega latis), and SWSH has certainly introduced more new mons so far than XY. We still have possibly 10 to go
With this generation being so unorthodox in terms of content I would be hesitant to draw comparisons. My gut is telling me that most main characters will have a Gigantamax signature mon ( Milo: Flapple, Alistar: Gengar, Nessa: Dreadnaw, etc.) and that will more or less be it.

Primarily things relating to old Pokemon. Stat buffs? Movepool updates? New abilities? Have any moves or abilities been changed in any ways we haven't seen? I feel like there is still quite a bit we have not seen. Maybe its stuff that exists below the surface where a casual play through might not catch, but its enough that requiring dedicated research into every 1 and 0 would be warranted.
I think one of the most fascinating things to find in the datemine will be some of the hopefully buffed stats, moves, learnsets, or abilities. All those things under the surface that you talked about I can’t wait to see. The changes aren’t usually huge to past gens, but the uncertainty is definitely thrilling lol.

Can we not?

Like seriously.

You guys are unbelievable. I'm trying to give you some fair leeway, but it has to stop.

I will start handing out infractions to those not saying anything actually constructive. I don't want your one liners or tacky jokes thanks. No one else does either.
Oh come on. Jokes are a great way to share your initial impression to something. You may not like them, but to say that no one else likes them either is just wrong. There are clearly a sizable number of people who enjoy humorous reaction posts, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about their numbers. I'm not faulting you for wanting to keep things formal, but try to lighten up and let people get the sillies out before settling into proper discussion.

In any case, Gengar being the ace of the Ghost gym leader gives me hope that its G moves will be Ghost and not Poison. Inflicting Curse would be sick, but pretty much anything would be better than lowering Defense. Then again, Totem Salazzle has shown us that Game Freak is willing to mismatch type theming. Seriously, whose idea was it to have the totem of the Fire trial focus her strategy on Toxic?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
The third Legend having another form already, a story spoiler I don't want to point out without spoiler tags, and now Gym Leader rematches? We're so not getting a third version. The only reason I haven't preordered Shield yet is because everything still isn't technically confirmed. It could still be an insanely good hoax, which you'd have to be paranoid to consider, but better paranoid than sorry. Data miners have to know some corrupt guy at Gamestop! They have to have a way to get it early!

To say that isn't Gigantamax Gengar isn't the best Pokemon is an understatement, (even from the meme standpoint) but I don't hate it and I and I like to drink tears, so here's a reminder for everyone that hates it. Gigantamax Pokemon may have a stat boost. (But it's not confirmed, so maybe not.) What we do know is Max Haunt lowers Defense, which is useless for Gengar, so if its G Move is a Ghost Type and does something useful, like oh let's say... literally anything else, then you'll have to look at Gigantamax Gengar in competitive battles!

I know we're probably going to call Gigantamax Gengar G-Gengar, but its mouth looks like Guzzlord's, so can we call it Genlord? What about Guzgar? Hm... I might use Guzgar as a nickname...

Last edited:
I'm reaching this weird point where I'm starting to dis-identify what I'm seeing with "pokemon". Its a very weird experience, like the games of yesteryear actually died long ago... and have been replaced by an imitation, retaining many surface and mechanical characteristics, but lacking the spirit and essence that I first fell in love with.
Can I just say I'm getting tired of opinions like this (yes I get it it's your opinion).
Quite literally every generation since Gen 5 and beyond there will always be people claiming "the new Pokemon doesn't feel like Pokemon in its core" even outside of the obnoxious GenWunners.
It's 23 years after the release of RGBY with now the internet being a thing, of course nothing would look like as if they were.

I enjoy that Gigantamax Gengar is one of those clown-mouth entrance thingies you see at carnivals..... when Mr Rime is literally right there.

Can I just say I'm getting tired of opinions like this (yes I get it it's your opinion).
Quite literally every generation since Gen 5 and beyond there will always be people claiming "the new Pokemon doesn't feel like Pokemon in its core" even outside of the obnoxious GenWunners.
It's 23 years after the release of RGBY with now the internet being a thing, of course nothing would look like as if they were.
Not to mention w/continual fan-art and fake games made to appeal to what specific niches want, the ~80 pokemon that get added every ~3 or so years are in a constant match to compete with a climate where you can very well commission a designer to design a pokemon down to your whims.

I'm still expecting a few Gigas to be maybe hidden in the data. The starters not getting one is rather odd. Sure, Gen 6 ones didn't get Megas, but all Kanto and Hoenn starters did get them.
Leakerman has played through to the end of the postgame, though. If the starters had G-Max forms, you can bet he'd have seen them. Stuff like that for starters is always heavily emphasized in the main story.

So far my two favourite new mons have been Cursola and Galarian Rapidash - Since Cursola has been established as a lost cause, is there any viability for a Psychic/Fairy that gets rid of Poison?
Lost cause? If it has an actual ability instead of lol Weak Armor, it might be a pretty decent mon, especially in TR. I'm not writing off something with that SpA so quickly.

Speaking of Gengar Max form, am I the only one who felt that this huge mouth entrance looks exactly like Mega Gengar's final attack in Pokken where it literally engulfs the enemy with its huge ass mouth just like this one?
I....i was LITERALLY GRABBING THE URL FOR IT DAMMIT XD

They're so not going to give the starter Pokemon a unique form and then not allow your actual starters to use it.
Damn, thats...actual a good point...

I'm reaching this weird point where I'm starting to dis-identify what I'm seeing with "pokemon". Its a very weird experience, like the games of yesteryear actually died long ago... and have been replaced by an imitation, retaining many surface and mechanical characteristics, but lacking the spirit and essence that I first fell in love with.
I really don't mind the new designs, Pokemon designs have been kinda "out there" for a while now and these don't feel any different. They fit right in with designs from the past few generations.

Then again, if you asked me when gen 5 was first coming out I probably said something like that. That was the first gen that came out when I was "older" and I just looked at Vanilluxe and Garbador and said "Wtf is this crap"? Now I don't mind either, Garbador is probably my favorite Gigantamax design lol. Pokemon has to grow and keep going. And you can't say there haven't been amazing designs in the past few gens, Greninja for example feels like a pretty timeless Pokemon design. Certainly better than Torterra...whoever liked Torterra?

All this talk about G-Maxing makes me scared thinking of...... DLC Gigantamax.
That would be fine. GF has always been afraid to add DLC for some reason. They never update old games with new Pokémon, or add new story chapters after release, or legendary Pokémon events via DLC. It’d be nice if they added new forms via DLC instead of having awkward moments like Rotom’s janky cross play between Platinum (where it got new forms) and D/P (where it didn’t).

And I mean free DLC. DLC is just downloadable content, and micro-transactions are something entirely different.

That would be fine. GF has always been afraid to add DLC for some reason. They never update old games with new Pokémon, or add new story chapters after release, or legendary Pokémon events via DLC. It’d be nice if they added new forms via DLC instead of having awkward moments like Rotom’s janky cross play between Platinum (where it got new forms) and D/P (where it didn’t).

And I mean free DLC. DLC is just downloadable content, and micro-transactions are something entirely different.
They dont add DLC because they charge full price for a game that's basically DLC a year later.

This doesn't pertain to anything recent, but I noticed something about Giga Lapras. Its shell looks a bit like a cruise ship.

Do you see it? The tiered stripes on Lapras's shell look like the rows of windows on the sides of the ship, and the spikes on the top of Lapras's shell look like the structures jutting out of the top of the ship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)