SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

I'm gonna be PISSED if Kyurem still doesn't get any physical ice move. Freeze SHock and Ice Burn do not seem to have been changed, though Dynamax inherently makes them more worth running.
Three turns of using physical Ice moves with Dynamax actually isn't bad.

1. 842 - Appletun (Stage: 2)
  2. ======
  3. Galar Dex: #207
  4. Base Stats: 110.85.80.100.80.30 (BST: 485)
  5. Abilities: Thick Fat (H)
Yes, this is going to be fun.
My wish came true, yes!!! Grass finally has a Pkm resistant to Fire! And being 2x weak to ice is not that bad. Wonder which ability would be prefered in monotype.

As for Greedung, wow, look at that HP, probably among the highest in the Galar dex.
Stakeout Thievul is interesting.

And rain got another physical swift swim sweeper in Drednaw. Nice.
Competitive on Bolthund is interesting.

While no Sheer Force for Coalossoal, I think Flame Body is its best ability.

I expected Flapple to be a lot faster, but with Ripen, it should be hopefully okay. If Salac Berry gives it 2+ speed, it ain't too bad, especially with those mixed offensive stats. All it needs is a good Fire move, and it should be alright, I think.

We have different Cramorant? Does that mean depending on which "version" you catch, they have different effects?

Propeller Tail on Barraskewda looks interesting, but I have no idea what it does. Maybe, priority on water moves?
Toxtricity looks like a wallbreaker, nice, and it even has Technician. Wonder what kind of moves it can learn to benefit from it.

Bug now has a Pkm immune to Fire moves in Centiskorch. It looks quite bulky on the special side with those hp, but somewhat frail on the physical side. But that doesn't matter as it learns Coil. It's slower but stronger than expected, but I can see it being used on Trick Room teams in VGC. We don't have many bulky Fire Pkm, and this one doesn't have to fear Intimidate if you use White Smoke.

Magic Bounce Hatterene? Interesting. Wouldn't surprise me if it finds much usage on monotype teams, especially with those offensive and defensive stats. It's not weak to Bug and Dark.

What is Perish Body? 8D. Maybe, something like Perish Song should Curosola faint?

Although Pincurchin looks like a bad Pyukumuku, with Electric Surge and nice offensive stats, it could be quite nice in VGC. It could also find a niche in monotype since no one Electric Surge, and every Electrig Pkm gonna love it.

Stonjourner surprised me the most. Wow, it's literally your defensive and offensive behemoth on the physical side, but quite pathetic on the special side. Reminds me a bit of Kartana.

Ohhh, Eiscue becomes a lot faster without its ice block.

Didn't expect that. Sand and Ice got new slush/rush users in the fossils.

Okay, so WHAT ON EARTH is that Perish Body ability on Cursola?

If you're 2vs1 and you get Cursola hit, you literally win the game.
I assume it's like Cursed Body in that it only has a chance to activate. Or it might only work on contact moves.

Basically, the same thing - we never could get a Necrozma with all stats +2 xD
It was only Ribombee which had +2. Necrozma was +1, and that was terrifying enough.

1. 887 - Dragapult (Stage: 3)
  2. ======
  3. Galar Dex: #397
  4. Base Stats: 88.120.75.100.75.142 (BST: 600)
  5. EV Yield: 0.0.0.0.0.3
  6. Abilities: Clear Body (1) | Infiltrator (2) | Cursed Body (H)
  7. Type: Dragon / Ghost
  8. Items: None
  9. EXP Group: Slow
  10. Egg Group: Amorphous / Dragon
  11. Hatch Cycles: 40
  12. Height: 03.00 m, Weight: 050.0 kg, Color: Green
Pseudo seems damn good on paper. That speed, those mixed attacking stats. Bulk is a bit shit, but it isn't too bad. Ghost/Dragon is nice natural coverage, too; Bisharp and Grimmsnarl resist it, but that's all that comes to mind. And Infiltrator is a solid ability.

We'll just have to see what moves it gets.

EDIT: Bisharp, not Hydreigon. Derp.

Last edited:
My wish came true, yes!!! Grass finally has a Pkm resistant to Fire! And being 2x weak to ice is not that bad. Wonder which ability would be prefered in monotype.
Sorry for just taking this line (I love monotype :"D) - but for both Grass and Dragon, Thick Fat would be the ability to run. Especially Grass will love that thing resisting Fire (we'll miss you, Mega Venusaur). Not so sure how it could work in Dragon teams, but with that defensive abilities, it sure can! c:

1. 841 - Flapple (Stage: 2)
  2. ======
  3. Height: 00.30 m, Weight: 001.0 kg, Color: Green
  4. ======
  5. 842 - Appletun (Stage: 2)
  6. ======
  7. Height: 00.40 m, Weight: 013.0 kg, Color: Green
Wait, I didn't realize that they were so tiny. hahaha

By the way, I noticed that Cramorant has two "alternate formes".

We already saw it using Arrokuda with Gulp Missile... but does this mean Gulp Missile can gather Barraskewda as well?

1. 841 - Flapple (Stage: 2)
  2. ======
  3. Height: 00.30 m, Weight: 001.0 kg, Color: Green
  4. ======
  5. 842 - Appletun (Stage: 2)
  6. ======
  7. Height: 00.40 m, Weight: 013.0 kg, Color: Green
Wait, I didn't realize that they were so tiny. hahaha
It's just a little wyrm living in an apple - what did you expect? xD

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why are people confused by the existence of Unfezant?
Because it's the worst regional bird and was pretty much unseen in XY, and SM. It's forgettable
  1. 887 - Dragapult (Stage: 3)
  2. ======
  3. Galar Dex: #397
  4. Base Stats: 88.120.75.100.75.142 (BST: 600)
  5. EV Yield: 0.0.0.0.0.3
  6. Abilities: Clear Body (1) | Infiltrator (2) | Cursed Body (H)
  7. Type: Dragon / Ghost
  8. Items: None
  9. EXP Group: Slow
  10. Egg Group: Amorphous / Dragon
  11. Hatch Cycles: 40
  12. Height: 03.00 m, Weight: 050.0 kg, Color: Green
Pseudo seems damn good on paper. That speed, those mixed attacking stats. Bulk is a bit shit, but it isn't too bad. Ghost/Dragon is nice natural coverage, too; Hydreigon and Grimmsnarl resist it, but that's all that comes to mind. And Infiltrator is a solid ability.

We'll just have to see what moves it gets.
Hydreigon is weak to Dragon :/

We have different Cramorant? Does that mean depending on which "version" you catch, they have different effects?
The first alternate Cramorant form has the barrakuda Pokemon in its maw, the second one has a Pikachu in its maw (happens more rarely). When it gets attacked, it spits the Pikachu at the opponent and paralyzes them.

It's Defense Curl Rollout meets Body Slam.
Body Press The user attacks by slamming its body into the target. The higher the user’s Defense, the more damage it can inflict on the target.

Fanbase: Alright, so what we learned is that putting even shitty moves like the terrains on an ability stick is busted.

Gamefreak: ... ... ...Choice Band on an ability stick lol
Choice Scarf and Choice Band can be held!

Base Stats: 105.[140x1.5].55.30.55.[95 x1.5] (BST: 480)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)