SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

So I took some notes, here are my thoughts:

-Galar Darmanitan is amazing! It essentially has a Choice Band for an ability (which means it will hit HARD with a choice band), and they FINALLY fixed Zen Mode! Zen Mode Galar Darmanitan gets 160 attack and 135 speed, and becomes Ice/Fire!! Holy cow!! I'm in love!
-Scorbunny gets essentially Protean, and has great coverage moves. It will be scary. Maybe that is why Inteleon has one point extra in speed.
-I am in love with Stonjourner. It has cool stats (though yikes for that Special defense. Even in sandstorm it is frail specially), and good moves, but I don't understand its ability.
-You guys, GUYS! Eiscue is amazing! It has Belly Drum, plus its ability, and its second form has 130 in speed! If you go against a physical attacker, it can safely set up Belly Drum, then sweep for days! It also has great coverage moves, including Liquidation and Icicle Crash! It also gets Agility.
-Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Steelix, Milotic, Noivern, Salazzle, Drampa, Necrozma, Hydreigon, and Eternatus learn Dragon Dance. This is HUGE! Especially for Zekrom, Kyurem, Necrozma, and Hydreigon. Garchomp lovers must be crying he got cut this gen.
-I am very sad they didn't touch Kyurem or Klinklang's movepools that much. They needed help. Kyurem got Icicle Spear for whatever that is worth, but no physical ice.
-They gave the fossils moves that double in power if they attack first... and then gave them horribly low speed. lol
-DRIFBLIM GETS STRENGTH SAP! I have been begging for Drifblim to get a recovery move for forever. SO HAPPY!
-Pincurchin doesn't have the best stats, but it has an AMAZING movepool! Electric Surge for an ability, plus acupressure, recover, a ton of water moves like liquidation, hydro pump, and scald, hex, and more!
-Close Combat also got a lot of distribution: Escavalier, Haxorus, Golurk, Incineroar, Golisopod, Solgaleo, to name a few older mons.
-Primarina finally got Calm mind!

More to come from my notes.

I can't help but feel that the inclusion of Musketeers and Unova box legends means we're going to have tie-in events with Pokemon Go - its adding Gen V at the moment and Cobalion has been added to raids. But that makes the non-inclusion of the Kanto Birds even more odd since they're the mascots of each of the teams.

flapple underrated
flapple gets hustle and is the strongest 'mon to get it (at 110 atk) and gets ddance
(dracozolt also gets hustle at 100 atk and can be better zwellious)

A small thing of note - Bronzong gets Body Press. It can now defend itself against Dark-types.
Orbeetle is low-key pretty solid IMO. 60/110/120 defensive stats are good, it has Recover and base 90 Speed, and while Bug/Psychic has a lot of common weaknesses, the lack of Pursuit, additional ways to deal with Hazards, and 4x resist to Fighting along with a 2x resist to Psychic, Grass, and Ground are IMO very solid niches.

This thing can actually wall Mega Medicham unless it's carrying Thunder Punch with Electric Terrain up.
While we are at it, Orbeetle also gets Body Press, which is the perfect coverage move for it.

-I am very sad they didn't touch Kyurem or Klinklang's movepools that much. They needed help. Kyurem got Icicle Spear for whatever that is worth, but no physical ice.
Don't forget Kyurem can still run Max Hailstorm using Freeze Shock as base move. Subzero Slammer was scary in Gen 7 without DD and with a forced Z-Crystal as item, can you imagine 3 turns of that with DD and an item, plus hail because why the hell not.
Also it gets Body Press, which is decently powerful for steel types with its base 100 Defense I guess?

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor

-Galar Darmanitan is amazing! It essentially has a Choice Band for an ability (which means it will hit HARD with a choice band), and they FINALLY fixed Zen Mode! Zen Mode Galar Darmanitan gets 160 attack and 135 speed, and becomes Ice/Fire!! Holy cow!! I'm in love!
-Scorbunny gets essentially Protean, and has great coverage moves. It will be scary. Maybe that is why Inteleon has one point extra in speed.
-I am in love with Stonjourner. It has cool stats (though yikes for that Special defense. Even in sandstorm it is frail specially), and good moves, but I don't understand its ability.
-You guys, GUYS! Eiscue is amazing! It has Belly Drum, plus its ability, and its second form has 130 in speed! If you go against a physical attacker, it can safely set up Belly Drum, then sweep for days! It also has great coverage moves, including Liquidation and Icicle Crash! It also gets Agility.
-Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Steelix, Milotic, Noivern, Salazzle, Drampa, Necrozma, Hydreigon, and Eternatus learn Dragon Dance. This is HUGE! Especially for Zekrom, Kyurem, Necrozma, and Hydreigon. Garchomp lovers must be crying he got cut this gen.
-They gave the fossils moves that double in power if they attack first... and then gave them horribly low speed. lol
-DRIFBLIM GETS STRENGTH SAP! I have been begging for Drifblim to get a recovery move for forever. SO HAPPY!
-Pincurchin doesn't have the best stats, but it has an AMAZING movepool! Electric Surge for an ability, plus acupressure, recover, a ton of water moves like liquidation, hydro pump, and scald, hex, and more!
-Close Combat also got a lot of distribution: Escavalier, Haxorus, Golurk, Incineroar, Golisopod, Solgaleo, to name a few older mons.
-Primarina finally got Calm mind!

More to come from my notes.
Icicle Spear is a physical ice attack for Kyurem. Most of the time it will match or out damage Ice Punch, and most definitely mixed Ice Beam

Have any pokemon models been datamined yet? I mean, the 8-bit sprites are cool, but I'd rather see the cooler hd sprites. Also, I'd like to see the shiny versions of new pokemon.

Since the move is named Court Change and the Libero hidden ability name, Cinderace is maybe more based around a Volleyball player instead of a soccer one.
Libero is the Italian name for Sweeper (which is an underutilized dedicated position in the modern game of Football, Centre Backs are expected to sort of be able to play this role anyway in some teams) but essentially is a ball playing defender who spearheads counterattacks and floats across the defence providing cover

Ah, I see now. How convenient that Gen 4 is now the only old generation with none of its legendaries in the game... hmm...

Real talk, I doubt Jirachi will be that much of a bother. Remember, Dynamax makes you immune to flinching! Also there's gonna be tons of Dark types running around like Hydreigon and Bisharp.
It may not be able to flinch dynamax pokemon but it has other things working in its favor. Most notably is the lack of Pursuit meaning it can safely switch out now.

Some more notes:

-Falinks has a good movepool, a great signature move, and Defiant as a hidden ability. I love it!
-Why did Mr. Rime become so balanced? They weakened its best stats to balance it. Eviolite Mr. Mime seems better, even with its stat nerfs too.
-Forsmoth is slower than expected. Yikes, not even the great Ice Scales can save it.
-Eternatus and Melmetal got terrible movepools. Like yikes, what happened?
-Shell Smash Blastoise. Holy cow.
-Appletun gets Thick Fat, which is lovely on a Grass/Dragon with good bulk. Flapple is slower than expected, but gets Dragon Dance.
-Does Polteageist have different forms?
-Pursuit is gone which is fantastic for some Psychic and Ghost types.
-Gengar, Hydreigon, Lunatone, Claydol (which also gets Cosmic Power and has Rapid Spin), Rotom, Swoobat (which has Simple) all get Nasty Plot. Holy crap. Hydreigon especially got a buff this gen.
-Inteleon has a great physical movepool, which is sad cuz it is a special attacker.
-Barraswekda has an incredible movepool. Liquidation, Close Combat, Psychic Fangs, etc.
-Eldegoss is a fun mon. She gets Regenerator and Cotton Down, along with the powder moves, plus leech seed and cotton guard and pollen puff.
-Solar Blade got a lot of distribution which is nice.
-Sinister Shackle is the only one of the Alola Starter Sigs not to be redistributed. Lapras gets Sparkling Aria, and a lot of pokemon (notably Machamp, Snorlax, Dusknoir, Golurk, Pangoro, Bewear, and Melmetal) get Darkest Lariat.
-First Impression also gets some new distribution notably Haxorus, Durant, and Flygon and some new mons.
-Alcremie and Indeedee have very similar movepools and stats.
-Life Dew is a fun move, and some cool mons learn it like Clefable, Lapras, Togekiss, Goodra, and Primarina.

More to come!

In addition to Defog, Corviknight will probably get Spikes due to the use of caltrops in Britain and the fact that a nickname for them is "crow's feet." It would be a missed opportunity if they didn't tbh. Get fucked Skarmory lol
According the spreadsheet Blitzamirin posted, Corviknight is actually (slightly) physically bulkier than Skarmory! (Used Lando as a pseudo-vent about dexit)
232 Atk Landorus-Therian Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory (Corviknight): 77-91 (19 - 22.5%) -- possible 5HKO
232 Atk Landorus-Therian Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 67-79 (20 - 23.6%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

Let's just hope that it gets rocks & defog some good moves!
Holy fuck was I ever so wrong....

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Except it doesn't anymore unless you import from USUM.
I mean that’s how a lot of movepools work and regardless it still has access. It’s really not a nerf unless you think in-game heal order is really important to vespi’s success

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)