SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Head smash recoil iirc
"50% of health", but I can't get a straight answer whether is max health or current health. It's probably the same as mind blown though.
I checked the raw move data. Head Smash and Light of Ruin have Recoil values of 206 and EffectSequence values of 269. Meanwhile, Mind Blown and Steel Beam have Recoil values of 0 and EffectSequence values of 419.

It looks to me like Steel Beam works like Mind Blown. RIP that move ever being used, I guess.

EDIT: It isn't even good for Dynamaxing. Its power stays at 140, while Flash Cannon jumps to 130.

Last edited:
I'm sure someone has already posted about this but really I don't care. Kyurem-B, one of the few legendaries to (reportedly) survive Dexit, is now rewarded with Dragon Dance and Icicle Spear. It already has Fusion Bolt for that spicy physical boltbeam coverage. PDon no longer exists to save us. God is dead. Only Ferrothorn can help us now.

EDIT: Wait JK the new legendary weapon doggos wall this icy beast all the way back to the frozen hell from which it came. Not all is lost.

Last edited:
I haven't seen anyone talking about how busted hail teams could be this gen. First of all, we finally got a great slush rusher in Arctozolt. Electric/Ice stab is amazing, only rotom-frost had it before. But the icing on the cake has got to be its new move: bolt beak. Physical electric at 85bp, but it doubles if you attack first (Arctozolt moves first under hail most of the time). This is essentially an electric type V-Create, busted as hell. 55 base speed might seem poor, but with slush rush and jolly you still outspeeding everything not scarfed, and even if you're adamant all you miss out on is Dragapult. Arctozolt bout to single-handedly put hail back in the weather war.

Eiscue also looking broken on hail teams too. Unless I'm missing something, its ability makes it immune to almost all physical attacks under hail (only multi attacks like rockblast breaking it). This mon sounds annoying AF, if I'm right you beating almost every physical attacker under hail. I don't know what moves it would run since its support movepool kinda trash. Maybe bellydrum + agility, or some ungodly substitute + whirlpool trapping bs.
Not to mention, Abomasnow and Vanilluxe get auroraveil this gen, so alolan tales isnt the only veil setter now. Hail teams looking like a huge potential threat this gen.

Arctozolt about to singlehandedly save us from the terror of Dynamax Gyarados, lol

I hope that Dracovish ends up being decent as well; it's my fave design of the fossils and I really love its potential utility with both Water Absorb and eventually Sand Rush. Gonna be resetting a bunch for a good nature in-game; at least fossils are guaranteed 3IV at the lowest so I won't have to drive myself crazy grinding for Bottle Caps.

Arctozolt about to singlehandedly save us from the terror of Dynamax Gyarados, lol

I hope that Dracovish ends up being decent as well; it's my fave design of the fossils and I really love its potential utility with both Water Absorb and eventually Sand Rush. Gonna be resetting a bunch for a good nature in-game; at least fossils are guaranteed 3IV at the lowest so I won't have to drive myself crazy grinding for Bottle Caps.
ah so bottlecaps are returning to get better IV's. do we know if its easier then in Sun and moon?

But Anyway, at first I wasn't sure on these fossils, but they all sound quite cool. 2 new type combos not seen outside legendaries and rotom, with slush rush or sand rush for some cool weather stuff, and some cool moves as well. I will have to tr them out one day

ah so bottlecaps are returning to get better IV's. do we know if its easier then in Sun and moon?
Pretty sure they're just purchasable with BP now, think I remember someone saying they're 50 each? Definitely easier than "Battle Tree streaks and rare drops only" from SM though.

But Anyway, at first I wasn't sure on these fossils, but they all sound quite cool. 2 new type combos not seen outside legendaries and rotom, with slush rush or sand rush for some cool weather stuff, and some cool moves as well. I will have to tr them out one day
Yeah! They've got decent stats and their hidden abilities fix the glaring Speed issue, so they might end up being the first semi-viable fossils since... ever, I guess lol

Thank god none of them are Rock-type.

You can purchase them with BP, and they can sometimes drop from raids.

Still quicker and easier to breed IVs but if you're in a pinch with a new shiny or legendary they're fairly easy to get. Only problem is iirc you have to be level 100 to use them.

Eiscue also looking broken on hail teams too. Unless I'm missing something, its ability makes it immune to almost all physical attacks under hail (only multi attacks like rockblast breaking it). This mon sounds annoying AF, if I'm right you beating almost every physical attacker under hail. I don't know what moves it would run since its support movepool kinda trash. Maybe bellydrum + agility, or some ungodly substitute + whirlpool trapping bs.
Eiscue is fast as f*** (130 base speed) when its face is broken, so Agility probably isn't needed. Its offensive movepool isn't the best, but it's got a few nice moves.

Icicle Crash
Waterfall/Liquidation
Zen Headbutt
Head Smash
Iron Head
Reversal

DrPumpkinz said:
Something like 130 base speed. You probably don't need Agility. I also remember that it gets Liquidation.
Yeah it does get super fast when its ability is broken. Only mentioned agility since I recall its movepool being pretty barren, only liquidation, zen headbutt, and iron head as coverage moves I believe. Also you wont get the speed boost if hail is still up.

I'm sure someone has already posted about this but really I don't care. Kyurem-B, one of the few legendaries to (reportedly) survive Dexit, is now rewarded with Dragon Dance and Icicle Spear. It already has Fusion Bolt for that spicy physical boltbeam coverage. PDon no longer exists to save us. God is dead. Only Ferrothorn can help us now.

EDIT: Wait JK the new legendary weapon doggos wall this icy beast all the way back to the frozen hell from which it came. Not all is lost.
Melmetal checks Kyurem-B easy peasy.

Yall are underestimating our new liquid metal overlord.

Sorry to kill the hype, but apparently the fossils' hidden abilities won't be available on launch. No signature move abuse for you until they are released (tho I could be wrong)
Yeah, the ones you get as a gift are apparently locked to their standard abilities, but we'll probably get raids to snag their HAs sometime down the line. Really wish they'd just bring Friend Safari back, that was bar none the best way to get HA 'mons with good natures and IVs AND it encouraged connectivity in a bigger way than any Festival Plaza nonsense ever will.

Eiscue is fast as f*** (130 base speed) when its face is broken, so Agility probably isn't needed. Its offensive movepool isn't the best, but it's got a few nice moves.

Icicle Crash
Waterfall/Liquidation
Zen Headbutt
Head Smash
Iron Head
Reversal
It also appears to get Freeze-Dry, which will allow it to better serve as a Gyarados check. I'm thinking something like Hail/Aurora Veil/Freeze-Dry, Icicle Crash, or Blizzard/Coverage.

Amnesia or Belly Drum should also make for some entertaining meme sets at the very least.

It also appears to get Freeze-Dry, which will allow it to better serve as a Gyarados check. I'm thinking something like Hail/Aurora Veil/Freeze-Dry, Icicle Crash, or Blizzard/Coverage.

Amnesia or Belly Drum should also make for some entertaining meme sets at the very least.
The problem there is that its special attack is a pitiful 65.

Sorry to kill the hype, but apparently the fossils' hidden abilities won't be available on launch. No signature move abuse for you until they are released (tho I could be wrong)
Dracozolt could still be a mad stallbreaker - hustle + bolt beak would smash thru defense, plus it gets Outrage and Fire Fang

I wonder what kind of cores I can form around Obstagoon...

Hatterene seems like it would make for a good partner since it scares off Fighting-types and can whittle away targets that Goon can't OHKO, but neither is particularly fast. Dragapult might also be interesting; it can Baton Pass Dragon Dance boosts that Goon appreciates and switch into attempted Fighting attacks with its immunity. They both share a weakness to Fairy though so perhaps Corviknight would be a good third?

I'm excited to explore the possibilities! :>

Hatterene seems like it would make for a good partner since it scares off Fighting-types and can whittle away targets that Goon can't OHKO, but neither is particularly fast. Dragapult might also be interesting; it can Baton Pass Dragon Dance boosts that Goon appreciates and switch into attempted Fighting attacks with its immunity. They both share a weakness to Fairy though so perhaps Corviknight would be a good third?

Have fun Baton Passing boosts with it banned tho lmao

I'm assuming that Obstagoon would probably end up RU or lower, so it really depends on what Pokemon are around it. You almost definitely want a Psychic-type with him tho.

Have fun Baton Passing boosts with it banned tho lmao

I'm assuming that Obstagoon would probably end up RU or lower, so it really depends on what Pokemon are around it. You almost definitely want a Psychic-type with him tho.
Can't ban stuff in Battle Spot! :mehowth:

For simulator play I don't really care what tier she's in though, I'll still use her in OU. If I could make Scrafty work I can maker this big lug work too, dangit!

IDK, guess you could cheese out by partnering it with sticky webs. I don't think anything is eating guts boosted facade + lowkick. Orbeetle looks pretty nice as a partner, gets webs up and probably beats most fighting types.

The problem there is that its special attack is a pitiful 65.
Ah damn, you're right. I misread the pastebin. That's unfortunate, as it also removes the possibility of Hail + Blizzard. Ah well, it should still check Gyarados- doesn't matter how little damage you do when you're effectively invulnerable to physical damage when under Hail.

IDK, guess you could cheese out by partnering it with sticky webs. I don't think anything is eating guts boosted facade + lowkick. Orbeetle looks pretty nice as a partner, gets webs up and probably beats most fighting types.
Hmm, never considered that! Orbeetle disappointed me with its stat spread but I guess it could be useful in terms of sheer utility alone.

And would you recommend Low Kick over Close Combat on Goon? Most Steel-types are heavy, sure, but I'd constantly be worried about the ones that aren't, like Lucario and ESPECIALLY Excadrill.

Ah damn, you're right. I misread the pastebin. That's unfortunate, as it also removes the possibility of Hail + Blizzard. Ah well, it should still check Gyarados- doesn't matter how little damage you do when you're effectively invulnerable to physical damage when under Hail.
You forgetting that dynamax waterfall changes the weather to rain, so RIP that pipedream. Dmax + gyara lookin stupid
Hmm, never considered that! Orbeetle disappointed me with its stat spread but I guess it could be useful in terms of sheer utility alone.

And would you recommend Low Kick over Close Combat on Goon? Most Steel-types are heavy, sure, but I'd constantly be worried about the ones that aren't, like Lucario and ESPECIALLY Excadrill.
And yeah close combat probably better, forgot it learned it.

If I can be a petty nitpicker, Dyanmaxing looks cool but takes fooooooorrrrrreeeeevvvveeerrrr to finish it's dang animation. It's like the complaints about Z-move animations being too long only worse. You can really notice it during the elite four and champion matches where everyone is getting in on it.

Say what you will about mega-evolution but at least that was snappy and done pretty quick.

I also hate how there's no true Elite Four. Alola got away with this due to story reasons, and still snuck in some unique trainers, but this time it's just lazy to fight some old gym leaders again.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What do you people think would be a good way to use Charizard?
Charizard Rain is the only Answer.

Charizard @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Weather Ball
- Fire Blast
- Flamethrower / Focus Blast (for troublesome TTars)

Behold the greatest Rain Wallbreaker you have ever SEEN!

It even sorta probably kinda maybe beats Toxapex!

252 SpA Choice Specs God Killer Chad Charizard Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Stupid Virgin Toxapex: 135-159 (44.4 - 52.3%) -- 76.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

With the death of special attacking birds everywhere, Charizard will finally hold his rightful place as the king of Hurricane spam on Rain!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)