Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
what does bw, ss, sm and adv mean they are thrown around so much
bw = black and white, refers to generation 5
ss = sword and shield, refers to generation 8
sm = sun and moon, refers to generation 7
adv = advance generation, refers to generation 3

Is there a centralized place for all public suspect tests or tournaments to be announced?
On smogon I'd just go to a tournament forum or subforum or any place you can find a tournament and just command f "signups" then you will most likely find one you can signup for. There isn't a more specific way to do this though.

If you're talking about PS! (If which you are you should go ask in the questions thread of the Pokémon Showdown subforum) just do /tours and you'll find a list of started tours and not started tours with the room they are hosted in and the tier played.

Hope this answers your question.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Is there a place where I can check if a PS username is currently being used (Like, actually registered), and possibly use it because the owner is inactive?

Since Pokemon Home is now available (poggers), how will the changes be implemented? Will the updated movesets, like the return of Pursuit and Hidden Power, go into effect within a few days? That’s assuming those moves are transferable of course. Will the newly available mons, like Blastoise and Venusaur, be implemented at the same time as the movesets? Or is one expected to take longer than the others?

Edit: Nevermind, the moves that got axed aren’t coming back, it’s been confirmed.

Last edited:
Since Pokemon Home is now available (poggers), how will the changes be implemented? Will the updated movesets, like the return of Pursuit and Hidden Power, go into effect within a few days? That’s assuming those moves are transferable of course. Will the newly available mons, like Blastoise and Venusaur, be implemented at the same time as the movesets? Or is one expected to take longer than the others?
Pursuit and Hidden Power aren't coming back. The other changes brought about by HOME are likely being implemented as we speak.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Is there a place where I can check if a PS username is currently being used (Like, actually registered)
Go here https://pokemonshowdown.com/users/ and enter the name you want to check, if it says (unreigstered) its not registered, otherwise it is.
and possibly use it because the owner is inactive?
See this post for information on claiming inactive registered PS usernames.

Edit: Nevermind, the moves that got axed aren’t coming back, it’s been confirmed.
Were working on it yeah. This will also involve some testing to see what actually legal and such so sit tight.

How does the release of HOME affect OST? I read somewhere on here that HOME stuff would be legal in OST starting in round 3. How will that be enforced with regards to keeping HOME stuff out of week 2?

starmer

Banned deucer.
Hi, for some reason I'm not able to choose an avatar. Every time I select one, it disappears and reverts back to the default avatar.
edit: It's fixed now.

Last edited:

watermess

What? Never seen an idiot before?
is a Tutoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Was looking forward to using a custom title when I got my first badge and also having access to things in the forums i originally didn't such as inside the scoop, I got my badge about 12-18 hours ago and I haven't been able to do either of those things yet
:psycry:
Does it take a while for privileges to go through? Does the live chat contributor badge on its own not give me these benefits? Please could an experienced member of staff give me a hand in figuring it out
:blobthumbsup:
Tysm broski's!!!

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Was looking forward to using a custom title when I got my first badge and also having access to things in the forums i originally didn't such as inside the scoop, I got my badge about 12-18 hours ago and I haven't been able to do either of those things yet
Does it take a while for privileges to go through? Does the live chat contributor badge on its own not give me these benefits? Please could an experienced member of staff give me a hand in figuring it out
Tysm broski's!!!
Once staff/mods knows that you've got your badge you'll be allowed these benefits. Idk why it's not automatic.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Tysm broski's!!!
Check now.

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Is there a way to delete a smogon account? For example, so your friend can have your username? Or just change your name?
To answer to your first two questions, no. There isn't any way as far as I know you can have your account deleted (and even if so, if the reason is "because my friend wants my name", it won't be deleted).
As for the last question, yes. It's possible to change your Smogon name, but you must meet some criteria as explained in this thread.

What are good Mons to pair with Specs users that rely on Draco Meteor/Leaf Storm/etc.? I am trying to make my team building less limited but I'm not sure how to use them outside of the almighty Aegislash. :>

sumwun I am looking less for an answer in a specific format and more so what the overall thought process would be. The Sp. Attack drop is a huge turn-off for me yet it still seems to be a common thing for other players.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)