Resource Pet Mods Workshop

Restrictions (still not sure about the name)

Another mod based somewhat around randomness, but this one actually involves submissions. I have an ugly-looking spreadsheet that will make slates by putting out a few things-

- One somewhat viable ability. I used the ability tiering from Megas for All for this, with some exceptions (item-based abilities are included now for example), and I discuded abilities at or below below Tier 2. The current list of abilities I have isn't perfectly ideal for this mod and I would discuss changes to it in the Discord.
- One "viable move," taken straight from the list I have for Roulettemons. Sleep moves are discluded, but everything else that Showdown considers viable should be on the table.
- One primary typing. It has an equal chance of being any of the 18 types.
- Three numbers that would correlate to three stats (example - Defense 130, Speed 108, SpDef 62).

Out of the four things that the slate outputs, you are able to submit Fakemon that fall under at least two of the categories. Sometimes two of the things don't really work well together (for example, the stats can give out base 50 Attack and the ability can be Guts) but if that ends up being the case, chances are you can choose something different. If none of this makes sense, here's an example slate.

1588025314083.png

The idea is that because you only have to choose two of these, you have a lot of options to choose from for how to go about the rest. Just for example, let's say you want to make something with the given typing and stats. You still get to choose the other three stats, as well as the ability and secondary typing. You could make it a physically bulky, but passive Grass/Steel, a Grass/Ice that uses Nasty Plot, a pure Grass pivot with Regenerator, a Grass/Rock that sets Stealth Rock, and so on.

As for some questions for the community-

- Anyone got a good name for this? Because I sure don't.
- This would probably be centered around OU. If so, should I allow existing Pokemon?
- Are the restrictions too limiting, too loose, or are they fine as is?
- Does this seem too similar to any other existing mods for any reason?
- Any other major problems I haven't been able to notice?
- Does this mod seem enjoyable in general?
I really like this idea. I have a few suggestions, but I'm not super knowledgeable about spreadsheets, so some might not be easy:
- Have rare occurences (maybe 15%) where the ability ranking is either higher or lower than usual. If it's higher, give the pokemon a lower limit for the sum of random stats, and vice versa if the ability is worse than usual.
- This is somewhat related to the above suggestion, but make sure all the fakemon don't have the same BST. I don't think this would happen with users submitting half the stats, but a way to prevent it is making the sum of the required stats a range instead of a constant value.
-
- A few name suggestions: Foundationmons and Frameworkmons (or some variation on these, doesn't have to end with "-mons") immediately came to mind.

I think these things could add some variety to the kind of pokemon you get, instead of possibly falling into the trap of "average ability, good stats, weird movepool" that randomization can bring. I'm not active in Roulettemons partly because I don't have as much time for Smogon in general anymore, but also because I'm not a fan of the fakemon falling into the same pattern, including BST.

Overall, great idea, and I'm excited to see where you take it! I'll definitely submit whenever I can if you follow through.

Aaaalright, so this is sort of a half-formed idea, and it has nothing to do with the concept I posted previously, but I thought I might as well bring it up!
The idea for this mod is inspired by GS Cup, a doubles-based VGC format in which players may have up to two "restricted Pokémon" (660+ BST Legendaries not named Regigigas and all of their forms and relatives) on their team, with the rest coming from the rest of the Pokédex (but still no Mythical Pokémon).
Disclaimer: I've never actually played a GS Cup format, so the similarities might end pretty quickly! I was just interested by the most basic concept of it. It doesn't necessarily have to follow VGC clauses or anything - it could be bring-6-pick-4 like VGC or it could be 6v6 like Doubles OU and it sure as heck isn't including Dynamax either way.

Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to explore that idea further, particularly in a way that was balanced carefully and from scratch. Game Freak's "Ubers" tend to embrace power creep more thoroughly than the Pokémon that are normally legal, mainly because they don't have to worry about them being balanced in any other context, and I think it's obvious that they didn't necessarily have GS Cup specifically in mind when designing most of them, so some of them are extremely dominant in the format, some of them are totally outclassed and not worth wasting a restricted slot, and there are a few that don't really have anything more interesting to offer than a basic four-attacks (or three-attacks-and-Protect) moveset that just happens to be stronger than average.

The concept for this pet mod is as follows: a loosely GS Cup-based format in which every restricted Pokémon is reworked from scratch in such a way that a) all of them are doubles-optimized and viable, and, much more importantly, b) each of them is focused on contributing a different form of utility to a team and is the best possible choice for that form of utility. The goal is that the restricted Pokémon become a defining centerpiece of the team not just by having the best stats and blowing things up the soonest but by working in tandem with the "normal" Pokémon on the team and bring out their best to an extent that no ordinary Pokémon can match.
Since you can only have two restricted Pokémon, other Pokémon that provide similar forms of utility aren't invalidated - for example, if Kyurem becomes the ultimate speed control Pokémon, but you already want to use two other restricted Pokémon, you're still going to be able to incorporate all of the Icy Wind and Electroweb users that Kyurem is designed to outclass. A well-balanced team will probably want to have a lot more than just two Ubers' worth of utility. That said, different forms of utility will be more valuable to different teams, so choosing which forms of utility are worth "spending" your restricted Pokémon slots is an important layer of teambuilding.

The specific goal of the mod is solely the revision of all existing restricted Pokémon. No new Pokémon or forms will be created, and no Pokémon that are not in that specific group will be changed. However, this revision process can include the creation of custom elements (this will actually probably be strongly encouraged and be one of the first steps in the process for each Pokémon, since it's a way to give a unique take on utility options and make sure they're all competitive) or the alteration of existing moves and Abilities, on the condition that they are exclusive to the restricted Pokémon and no normal Pokémon can access them. (For example: someone who's making a submission can do whatever they want to Aeroblast on Lugia's slate and Full Metal Body on Solgaleo's, but altering Sacred Fire for Ho-Oh or Pressure for Dialga would not be allowed, as those are accessible to Pokémon other than the ones that can be slated.)
Everything about the Pokémon can be changed during the process. They're essentially prompts and guidelines - while we should obviously stick to the core idea of each restricted Pokémon, stats may be changed freely, moves may be added and removed, Abilities may be added and removed, and so on. This can be seen like recreating the Pokémon from scratch and does not have to be subtle. Admittedly, I'm personally not huge on allowing type retcons, but that's just a personal preference, so I'll most likely allow it and just vote against them, haha.

The following Pokémon are included in the scope of the project:
:mewtwo::lugia::ho-oh::kyogre::groudon::rayquaza::dialga::palkia::giratina::reshiram::zekrom::kyurem::xerneas::yveltal::zygarde::solgaleo::lunala::necrozma::zacian-crowned::zamazenta-crowned::eternatus: (and all associated forms)
* :cosmog: and :cosmoem: are also restricted Pokémon, but we are not doing that
* Depending whether we go full VGC or allow Mythical Pokémon, :hoopa-unbound: and maybe :arceus: would also qualify
* Calyrex will most likely be included once Crown Tundra comes out and we know its stats
(This will probably be Gen VIII-based and just add all of the mascots as Crown Tundra adds them, since we know they're all coming anyway! That might be nice, since it gives us a smaller selection to use from the start and hopefully time to establish them all and see how the meta develops before the rest are available.
That said, definitely no Dynamax or Gigantamax either way.)

I'm not worried about restricted Pokémon reaching a significantly higher power level than everything else (after all, every team has to want two of them), but there's a condition on this: I would prefer for all of them to place a strong emphasis on support and utility (even if that's combined with offensive pressure!) rather than just raw sweeping power, because I think that's the best way to make sure that they're working in tandem with their non-restricted teammates. I don't want teambuilding to be "two Ubers that can win together and four filler," nor for losing your two restricted Pokémon to mean losing the game because nothing else can take a hit from your opponent's pair!
Some examples of what I understand to constitute utility in a doubles-based environment:
- status setters
- move-binding effects (Taunt, Encore, Disable, maybe Torment)
- weather and terrain
- Gravity
- Trick Room, Tailwind and speed-lowering moves
- lowering enemy stats
- raising ally stats
- screens
- Helping Hand
- trapping
- Fake Out
- priority
- redirection
- breaking protection
- Quick Guard and Wide Guard
- healing
- possibly Heal Block?
As you can see, there's a ton of variety already - there should be more than enough room for every restricted Pokémon to distinguish itself from the others in terms of what it has to offer a team. And especially with the mod being open to custom elements, there are even more ways to explore all of these - setting Gravity could mean using the move Gravity, but it could also mean having an attack that also sets Gravity as a side effect, or having an Ability that sets Gravity on entry, or even a status move that sets Gravity and something else at the same time, depending on the role and power level that specific restricted Pokémon is meant to have.

In terms of active tiering once the mod is playable, I think it should remain possible to nerf and buff restricted Pokémon even after their respective slates have concluded, because the spirit of the mod rests on as many of them as possible being viable choices and supporting unique team constructions; I would hate to resort to banning a Pokémon or leaving one behind that never sees use just because we didn't get the balancing act right on the first try!
On the other hand, I would strongly discourage ever revising any normal Pokémon, because that's outside of the domain of the project and risks creating a greater learning curve and barrier to entry; all Pokémon other than restricted Pokémon should still be handled with tiering and bans as they would be in any other format.

Anddd... in terms of slate structure, I think it would be nice to explore this at a relatively slow pace, with each Pokémon having a multi-step slate (for example: any custom elements -> Abilities if not custom -> ideas for specific movesets they could run and moves that should be added and removed to facilitate this -> stats that are balanced with those sets in mind) and a fair bit of conversation around each of them.
There are only around 22 restricted Pokémon (optionally add some for forms), and each of them is expected to hold a great deal of significance in the meta, so I think it would be best to take it slow and make sure as many people as possible have a say in how to design them, rather than a single person making each one from scratch. This would also reduce the risk of people voting for different reasons - like, say one Solgaleo submission has it doing redirection and another has it doing Gravity, but one is also much stronger than the other in stats and movepool, so some people might be voting based on the form of utility they think is more interesting and others might be voting for the sake of balance in the meta. If the main form of utility and the moves and stat spread were all decided separately, we can have proper discussions on each one and make sure the final Pokémon is both interesting/exciting and well balanced. Like CAP!
Part of the reason why I think this approach would be wise for a meta like this: we also have all the way until Crown Tundra's release (which might even be delayed, for all we know) to get through just the first ten! We have all the time we need to get them right, so while it's important to keep a brisk enough pace that interest doesn't wane and people can participate actively, trying to plow through all of them in a single step feels like an unnecessary rush and a waste of what could be a really fun process.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on this for now. Does anyone have thoughts or feedback on the idea or how it should be run? And does it sound like it could be fun and interesting?

EDIT: This is long! TL;DR version:
- doubles-based
- every team gets up to two restricted Pokémon (most version mascots + Mewtwo/Zygarde/Eternatus); the rest must be normal legal Pokémon
- the goal of the mod is to revamp all of the restricted Pokémon from scratch and balance them for this purpose
- includes custom elements
- strong emphasis on significant utility rather than raw breaking power; the restricted Pokémon are there to open up new options for teambuilding, not to steal the show and win the battle all by themselves
- no non-restricted Pokémon are modified at all (but they can always be banned if they're causing problems)
- based on Gen VIII, but will be updated with DLC (all remaining restricted Pokémon are already confirmed)

Last edited:
Aaaalright, so this is sort of a half-formed idea, and it has nothing to do with the concept I posted previously, but I thought I might as well bring it up!
The idea for this mod is inspired by GS Cup, a doubles-based VGC format in which players may have up to two "restricted Pokémon" (660+ BST Legendaries not named Regigigas and all of their forms and relatives) on their team, with the rest coming from the rest of the Pokédex (but still no Mythical Pokémon).
Disclaimer: I've never actually played a GS Cup format, so the similarities might end pretty quickly! I was just interested by the most basic concept of it. It doesn't necessarily have to follow VGC clauses or anything - it could be bring-6-pick-4 like VGC or it could be 6v6 like Doubles OU and it sure as heck isn't including Dynamax either way.

Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to explore that idea further, particularly in a way that was balanced carefully and from scratch. Game Freak's "Ubers" tend to embrace power creep more thoroughly than the Pokémon that are normally legal, mainly because they don't have to worry about them being balanced in any other context, and I think it's obvious that they didn't necessarily have GS Cup specifically in mind when designing most of them, so some of them are extremely dominant in the format, some of them are totally outclassed and not worth wasting a restricted slot, and there are a few that don't really have anything more interesting to offer than a basic four-attacks (or three-attacks-and-Protect) moveset that just happens to be stronger than average.

The concept for this pet mod is as follows: a loosely GS Cup-based format in which every restricted Pokémon is reworked from scratch in such a way that a) all of them are doubles-optimized and viable, and, much more importantly, b) each of them is focused on contributing a different form of utility to a team and is the best possible choice for that form of utility. The goal is that the restricted Pokémon become a defining centerpiece of the team not just by having the best stats and blowing things up the soonest but by working in tandem with the "normal" Pokémon on the team and bring out their best to an extent that no ordinary Pokémon can match.
Since you can only have two restricted Pokémon, other Pokémon that provide similar forms of utility aren't invalidated - for example, if Kyurem becomes the ultimate speed control Pokémon, but you already want to use two other restricted Pokémon, you're still going to be able to incorporate all of the Icy Wind and Electroweb users that Kyurem is designed to outclass. A well-balanced team will probably want to have a lot more than just two Ubers' worth of utility. That said, different forms of utility will be more valuable to different teams, so choosing which forms of utility are worth "spending" your restricted Pokémon slots is an important layer of teambuilding.

The specific goal of the mod is solely the revision of all existing restricted Pokémon. No new Pokémon or forms will be created, and no Pokémon that are not in that specific group will be changed. However, this revision process can include the creation of custom elements (this will actually probably be strongly encouraged and be one of the first steps in the process for each Pokémon, since it's a way to give a unique take on utility options and make sure they're all competitive) or the alteration of existing moves and Abilities, on the condition that they are exclusive to the restricted Pokémon and no normal Pokémon can access them. (For example: someone who's making a submission can do whatever they want to Aeroblast on Lugia's slate and Full Metal Body on Solgaleo's, but altering Sacred Fire for Ho-Oh or Pressure for Dialga would not be allowed, as those are accessible to Pokémon other than the ones that can be slated.)
Everything about the Pokémon can be changed during the process. They're essentially prompts and guidelines - while we should obviously stick to the core idea of each restricted Pokémon, stats may be changed freely, moves may be added and removed, Abilities may be added and removed, and so on. This can be seen like recreating the Pokémon from scratch and does not have to be subtle. Admittedly, I'm personally not huge on allowing type retcons, but that's just a personal preference, so I'll most likely allow it and just vote against them, haha.

The following Pokémon are included in the scope of the project:
:mewtwo::lugia::ho-oh::kyogre::groudon::rayquaza::dialga::palkia::giratina::reshiram::zekrom::kyurem::xerneas::yveltal::zygarde::solgaleo::lunala::necrozma::zacian-crowned::zamazenta-crowned::eternatus: (and all associated forms)
* :cosmog: and :cosmoem: are also restricted Pokémon, but we are not doing that
* Depending whether we go full VGC or allow Mythical Pokémon, :hoopa-unbound: and maybe :arceus: would also qualify
* Calyrex will most likely be included once Crown Tundra comes out and we know its stats
(This will probably be Gen VIII-based and just add all of the mascots as Crown Tundra adds them, since we know they're all coming anyway! That might be nice, since it gives us a smaller selection to use from the start and hopefully time to establish them all and see how the meta develops before the rest are available.
That said, definitely no Dynamax or Gigantamax either way.)

I'm not worried about restricted Pokémon reaching a significantly higher power level than everything else (after all, every team has to want two of them), but there's a condition on this: I would prefer for all of them to place a strong emphasis on support and utility (even if that's combined with offensive pressure!) rather than just raw sweeping power, because I think that's the best way to make sure that they're working in tandem with their non-restricted teammates. I don't want teambuilding to be "two Ubers that can win together and four filler," nor for losing your two restricted Pokémon to mean losing the game because nothing else can take a hit from your opponent's pair!
Some examples of what I understand to constitute utility in a doubles-based environment:
- status setters
- move-binding effects (Taunt, Encore, Disable, maybe Torment)
- weather and terrain
- Gravity
- Trick Room, Tailwind and speed-lowering moves
- lowering enemy stats
- raising ally stats
- screens
- Helping Hand
- trapping
- Fake Out
- priority
- redirection
- breaking protection
- Quick Guard and Wide Guard
- healing
- possibly Heal Block?
As you can see, there's a ton of variety already - there should be more than enough room for every restricted Pokémon to distinguish itself from the others in terms of what it has to offer a team. And especially with the mod being open to custom elements, there are even more ways to explore all of these - setting Gravity could mean using the move Gravity, but it could also mean having an attack that also sets Gravity as a side effect, or having an Ability that sets Gravity on entry, or even a status move that sets Gravity and something else at the same time, depending on the role and power level that specific restricted Pokémon is meant to have.

In terms of active tiering once the mod is playable, I think it should remain possible to nerf and buff restricted Pokémon even after their respective slates have concluded, because the spirit of the mod rests on as many of them as possible being viable choices and supporting unique team constructions; I would hate to resort to banning a Pokémon or leaving one behind that never sees use just because we didn't get the balancing act right on the first try!
On the other hand, I would strongly discourage ever revising any normal Pokémon, because that's outside of the domain of the project and risks creating a greater learning curve and barrier to entry; all Pokémon other than restricted Pokémon should still be handled with tiering and bans as they would be in any other format.

Anddd... in terms of slate structure, I think it would be nice to explore this at a relatively slow pace, with each Pokémon having a multi-step slate (for example: any custom elements -> Abilities if not custom -> ideas for specific movesets they could run and moves that should be added and removed to facilitate this -> stats that are balanced with those sets in mind) and a fair bit of conversation around each of them.
There are only around 22 restricted Pokémon (optionally add some for forms), and each of them is expected to hold a great deal of significance in the meta, so I think it would be best to take it slow and make sure as many people as possible have a say in how to design them, rather than a single person making each one from scratch. This would also reduce the risk of people voting for different reasons - like, say one Solgaleo submission has it doing redirection and another has it doing Gravity, but one is also much stronger than the other in stats and movepool, so some people might be voting based on the form of utility they think is more interesting and others might be voting for the sake of balance in the meta. If the main form of utility and the moves and stat spread were all decided separately, we can have proper discussions on each one and make sure the final Pokémon is both interesting/exciting and well balanced. Like CAP!
Part of the reason why I think this approach would be wise for a meta like this: we also have all the way until Crown Tundra's release (which might even be delayed, for all we know) to get through just the first ten! We have all the time we need to get them right, so while it's important to keep a brisk enough pace that interest doesn't wane and people can participate actively, trying to plow through all of them in a single step feels like an unnecessary rush and a waste of what could be a really fun process.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on this for now. Does anyone have thoughts or feedback on the idea or how it should be run? And does it sound like it could be fun and interesting?

EDIT: This is long! TL;DR version:
- doubles-based
- every team gets up to two restricted Pokémon (most version mascots + Mewtwo/Zygarde/Eternatus); the rest must be normal legal Pokémon
- the goal of the mod is to revamp all of the restricted Pokémon from scratch and balance them for this purpose
- includes custom elements
- strong emphasis on significant utility rather than raw breaking power; the restricted Pokémon are there to open up new options for teambuilding, not to steal the show and win the battle all by themselves
- no non-restricted Pokémon are modified at all (but they can always be banned if they're causing problems)
- based on Gen VIII, but will be updated with DLC (all remaining restricted Pokémon are already confirmed)
This sounds like a lot of fun. I've already got a few ideas brewing.

Would related Pokemon (like Lugia and Ho-Oh or the weather trio) share a slate, or would each legendary get its own? The former would allow for thematic counterparts to be more easily preserved, while the latter would allow for each legendary to be individually crafted and honed without concern for how well it mirrors its counterparts, and also wouldn't lead to slates of varying sizes. I'm personally leaning towards the former just because I like playing around with inter-Pokemon flavor, but both approaches sound like very valid options.

This sounds like a lot of fun. I've already got a few ideas brewing.

Would related Pokemon (like Lugia and Ho-Oh or the weather trio) share a slate, or would each legendary get its own? The former would allow for thematic counterparts to be more easily preserved, while the latter would allow for each legendary to be individually crafted and honed without concern for how well it mirrors its counterparts, and also wouldn't lead to slates of varying sizes. I'm personally leaning towards the former just because I like playing around with inter-Pokemon flavor, but both approaches sound like very valid options.
Ah, thanks!!

I think, based on that feedback and thank you for pointing that out! I hadn't really given much thought to group dynamics at first, I would definitely have related Pokémon share a slate in the hopes that people would have an opportunity to come up with ideas like that, but there wouldn't be any obligation to submit for more than one or to vote for the proposed ideas as a set, leaving room for isolated and individually crafted ideas if the consensus is that they're more effective.
That way, when people are voting on each step of the process, they're always able to propose a cool and interconnected idea (much more so than if they were created one by one, like you said - if Lugia's process comes before Ho-Oh, Ho-Oh could technically still be modeled after Lugia retroactively, but its options on that front would be way more restricted depending on how Lugia turned out), but it's up to the voters whether that actually happens, and if someone has a cool idea that happens not to be interconnected, they're still able to propose it and they can also just be two separate but concurrent processes.

It's also pretty nice that some Generations have smaller groups than others - I would probably start with smaller groups early on, like maybe doing a solo slate of Mewtwo or Eternatus first, then Zacian/Zamazenta as just a two-Pokémon slate to see how well they can be run concurrently and put off large groups like Unova and Alola until after we've ironed out any early issues.
As a backup plan, there's also always the option of doing the very first step - deciding on the utility/theme - for every member of a group at once so people can establish related concepts in advance, then going through later steps like stats and movepools individually! I think doing a duo or trio at once would be fine, but it might be nice to have this in mind for Kyurem and Necrozma in particular, which are each kind of a trio in themselves but are also connected to two other Pokémon; I think it would be convenient to be able to establish their core ideas early on without having to run five processes at once, haha.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember Brokemons from a few generations back? I feel like rebalancing petmods are a dime a dozen, but which one is most devoted to just busting all the pokemon like Brokemons did?

Brokenmons Unchained
843.png
The Brokenmons (Which might be a shameless ripoff of the 6th gen Brokemons) is a pet mod like all the other "buff this or that" to make everything viable except the idea is to make every pokemon busted.
The Unchained refers to the fact that this Pet Mod abolishes all evolution lines meaning LC and NFE's will be buffed and busted as if they were a single stage. This also means you will see a LOT more options for creativity since pokemon no longer have to follow the flavour of Prevos and Evos.

Buffing would involve the usual suspects of boosting stats, adding/changing types, adding/changing abilities, adding/changing moves and even adding/changing items. The only rule I'd have is that there be at least mildly justifiable flavour for type changes.
"Machop is now a Fighting/Dragon type because magic" is not cool
"Machop is now a Fighting/Dragon because he vaguely looks like a dragon-boy" is cool.
Slates would consist of either open submissions, themed slates or randomly generated slates. This would be followed by voting for top submissions. That would be followed by me coding and implementing them into the meta. Speaking of which I would be coding and hosting the meta on my own server.

I'm super new to this and just trying to workshop my ideas (I think this is the right place for that).

EDIT: Added super professional art

Last edited:
So in theory if I were to submit my idea would I need to get the permission from the creator of Brokemons? My idea is basically the gen 8 spiritual successor with a few twists.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
So I've been working on a spreadsheet for a while that aimed to finish the Pokemon in the Spaceworld 1997 demo and produce a hypothetical Gen 2 OU metagame around it. It was originally intended to be a ROM Hack, but a lot of stuff came up that made it a large obstacle. So, since I have the moves and Pokemon basically done, it's technically enough for a Pet Mod right? I've also taken up a research sheet from the original Team Spaceworld people with basically everything that was in the ROM. A lot of stuff on the first sheet is specifically designed with the research sheet in mind.

I don't have the posting requirements to submit this yet, nor do I really know the average process, but I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this!

So I've been working on a spreadsheet for a while that aimed to finish the Pokemon in the Spaceworld 1997 demo and produce a hypothetical Gen 2 OU metagame around it. It was originally intended to be a ROM Hack, but a lot of stuff came up that made it a large obstacle. So, since I have the moves and Pokemon basically done, it's technically enough for a Pet Mod right? I've also taken up a research sheet from the original Team Spaceworld people with basically everything that was in the ROM. A lot of stuff on the first sheet is specifically designed with the research sheet in mind.

I don't have the posting requirements to submit this yet, nor do I really know the average process, but I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this!
Intresting find here. Some things I wonder regarding the way some mons are depicted: (Though it's your mod, so...)
  • Why do Volbear and Dynabear learn Fire/Thunder Punch? They're not bipedal so I don't know how that would work. Was it a balancing reason?
  • Hoothoot has a little too high of a BST for me to truly believe it's a regional bird. (SMH it's higher than Psyduck and Grimer)
  • What happened with the Quilfish evo becoming Water/Electric? Was the primary reason to differentiate from Tentacruel? It seems really weird to shed that Poison typing to become Electric.
  • Why does Belboyant have such awfull stats? I personally would have expected the speed to be higher somewhat (at least at 110)
  • Why does Ledyba have the same BST a modern-gen eeveelution has? some sort of meme here? (Also applies to the evo. should probably have a BST closer to Ariados)
  • I actually find it interesting how it was chosen to make Umbreon offensive. I would have thought it would have just been depicted still defensively although in a different way.
  • What's up with Cottomew having an Attack Stat of 80? I don't see any Flying moves on that moveset and the design screams more of a special attacker.
  • Nice concept for the Kurstraw evolution, but what's with having a 505 BST? Is this supposed to be late-game or something?
  • It makes me very uncomfortable that Kingdra has high special defense when it's pre-evo had only 45 special defense...

You might have success here in the solomods megathread. This mod could fit there.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Intresting find here. Some things I wonder regarding the way some mons are depicted: (Though it's your mod, so...)
  • Why do Volbear and Dynabear learn Fire/Thunder Punch? They're not bipedal so I don't know how that would work. Was it a balancing reason?
  • Hoothoot has a little too high of a BST for me to truly believe it's a regional bird. (SMH it's higher than Psyduck and Grimer)
  • What happened with the Quilfish evo becoming Water/Electric? Was the primary reason to differentiate from Tentacruel? It seems really weird to shed that Poison typing to become Electric.
  • Why does Belboyant have such awfull stats? I personally would have expected the speed to be higher somewhat (at least at 110)
  • Why does Ledyba have the same BST a modern-gen eeveelution has? some sort of meme here? (Also applies to the evo. should probably have a BST closer to Ariados)
  • I actually find it interesting how it was chosen to make Umbreon offensive. I would have thought it would have just been depicted still defensively although in a different way.
  • What's up with Cottomew having an Attack Stat of 80? I don't see any Flying moves on that moveset and the design screams more of a special attacker.
  • Nice concept for the Kurstraw evolution, but what's with having a 505 BST? Is this supposed to be late-game or something?
  • It makes me very uncomfortable that Kingdra has high special defense when it's pre-evo had only 45 special defense...

You might have success here in the solomods megathread. This mod could fit there.
So there's a lot of questions here that I already had answered on the explanation part of the Pokemon. But I feel I should explain more. The names you're mentioning I believe are the Team Spaceworld fan names? They're a bit inaccurate.

Dynabear and Volbear get Punches as a carryover from Typhlosion, partly for balancing reasons. Otherwise they're very underwhelming. I could go for Thunderbolt maybe?

Hoothoot has its stats taken from the Spaceworld demo itself actually!

If you look at the way Shibirefugu is, it looks like it was intended to be Electric-type. The whole on switch thing and the bolt make it seem off to not make it that type. Not to mention getting Thunder Wave, etc. I could change it back, but I believe it was still mono Water-type in the demo as-is.

Tsubomitto's stats were rearranged from Victreebell's, but I was considering looking through the source code leaks to find if they ever gave it stats later to use those. Honestly, it's a nightmare to find this thing a niche...

Ledyba and Mitsuboshi were separate Pokemon with different level-up moves. I explain it in the sheet. I may change it back though.

I felt like Umbreon being made defensive as a Poison-type would have been a poor choice given the mono typing. I did some testing during my ROM Hack and it died to way too many things. So, I chose to make it an Espeon parallel. I switched the special and physical stats.

Dandemew(can't quite remember the name rn LOL) was given the Attack stat with an intention to give it Flying-type moves but I don't think I found it any good ones in the end. I may nerf it to buff something else somewhere down the line.

Norowara was intended to be late game in my hack given Pokedex position. However, since it was changed to Misdreavus later in development (during Spaceworld 1999), I'm not so sure now.

Seadra had 70 SpD in the Spaceworld Demo at the time. So, I restored that and then edited Kingdra accordingly. I'm not sure if it was the best idea.

I should note that I haven't edited the sheet in months, so my memory may be a bit iffy. I greatly appreciate the criticism though!

Marigold

formerly KuraiTenshi26
I had quite the hiatus, but I'm planning to be back in action now!

I am contemplating a sequel to my gen 1 mod, Rose Red Iris Blue. In this mod, I rebalanced all of the fully evolved gen 1 pokemon to be OU viable. However, I don't wish to end there... I would like to take in as many future-generation pokemon and implement them into gen 1 OU play as well!

RRIB was mostly self-driven by myself as a passion project, but I would like for this sequel to be community-driven. Something like weekly or even bi-weekly slates to carefully tailor fan favourites into amazing metagame additions, is what I had in mind.

Previously, server instability was an issue for this metagame. I am currently planning to get it on a more stable server, dragonheaven perhaps? I also plan to keep adding to our dedicated custom client that we had to visualize the metagame. Would you all be interested in the continuation of gen 1's final hurrah?

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Assist Wars
(aka Bench Moves ig)
You know how in fighting games like Pokken Tournament or Naruto Ninja Storm, you can summon "assist characters" in your battle that just deal one attack or provide one boost and then disappear? Well, this mod idea I had aims to recreate that, but in pokemon.

Basically, this mod would take place in a "3v3 OU" format. Basically, it would play like BSS, but with the OU clauses instead (cuz yknow dynamax blows). So, you bring six and then pick three for your match. But in this mod, the last 3 remaining mons can have an actual impact. Basically, those mons would let you use up to three "assist moves" during your match, one for each mon. This virtually gives every mon 7 moveslots, but with three of them being only usable once. Those moves would be determined by the species of the benched mons themselves as each mon would have an assist move assigned.

Each slate, we would be creating around 5 of those "assist moves" based around themes or specific mons. The pokemons they would be assigned to would be specified in the submissions themselves. Now, bear in mind that to ensure that no broken strats would be possible, those moves would either have to be toned down (i.e. A +1 boost in Spe, a 60 BP coverage move) or have conditions (i.e. This move can only be used under rain, or only works if the opponent is switching or something). Having moves with smaller impacts also helps to halt the use of mons purely for their assist moves over what they can actually bring to the team. That doesn't remove from the fact that with more options, this mod would be home to big mindgames and really funky strats!

Questions:
- For coders (especially zard), do you guys think that this mod would actually be codable?
- Would you guys be more interested in an actual 6v6 format where you just have 3 extra slots (or whatever number) for assist mons?
- Nat Dex > OU or nah? Or maybe custom clauses to allow some mons that are only available in BSS?
- Do I risk getting sued by Dramps for copyright infringement on his mod Bench Ailities?
- Idk, seems interesting enough?

I had quite the hiatus, but I'm planning to be back in action now!

I am contemplating a sequel to my gen 1 mod, Rose Red Iris Blue. In this mod, I rebalanced all of the fully evolved gen 1 pokemon to be OU viable. However, I don't wish to end there... I would like to take in as many future-generation pokemon and implement them into gen 1 OU play as well!

RRIB was mostly self-driven by myself as a passion project, but I would like for this sequel to be community-driven. Something like weekly or even bi-weekly slates to carefully tailor fan favourites into amazing metagame additions, is what I had in mind.

Previously, server instability was an issue for this metagame. I am currently planning to get it on a more stable server, dragonheaven perhaps? I also plan to keep adding to our dedicated custom client that we had to visualize the metagame. Would you all be interested in the continuation of gen 1's final hurrah?
They’ve “refactored” the client (idk what that means) so you’ll have to really know what you’re doing to update the client. I suggest making some minor changes here and there to see if what you’re changing changes in TeamBuilder/search. I’m here trying to do the same for PMotS

Galarian Rebirth

This Pet Mod aims to give a Galarian form to all Pokemon that were Untiered in Generation 7, making them competitively viable by assisting them with new abilities, a different typing, and if needed minor stat changes or signature moves. The goal of the Pet Mod is to make these pokemon hold a niche in the OverUsed tier, despite their normal form being lackluster. The mod would be played using the Galarian Pokedex plus the alternate forms of these pokemon and in case an original form is already in the Galarian Pokedex both will be playable (but not together with their Galarian form, considering they will have the same Pokedex number).

My questions to the community:
- Does this metagame look fun to play?
- Does my hope to make these pokemon hold a niche in the OverUsed tier without changing their statistics in a major way sound too irrealistic?
- Would anyone be up to help me for slates and in general for the submission part of the Pet Mod?

Yeah but my objective is not to give Galarian forms to every pokemon, but only to the ones who need typing/ability changes to be able to hold any sort of niche whatsoever

Wasn't the Complete Pokédex Project kinda like this? It aimed to make every family have three stages by adding evolutions, pre-evolutions, or both depending on the Pokémon's stats

Wasn't the Complete Pokédex Project kinda like this? It aimed to make every family have three stages by adding evolutions, pre-evolutions, or both depending on the Pokémon's stats
Yeah, that sounds cool, but I don't want to "complete" the Pokedex; just 51 added Pokemon (17 slates)
also no pre-evos

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
alright so I'm really going back on an idea I had before (I do this quite often) but given time to think it was apparent that this was the idea I wanted to run even more. So here we go
Third Stage
I'm not even sure if there's been a mod that does this. If there was, I'd like to start clean. This is a mod aimed at creating second and third evolutions for single and two stage mons, respectively. No complex rules, just don't sub something overpowered and we good; also, no custom moves or abilities. The mascots of this mod would be Magmar and Electabuzz, seeing how they gained not one, but two evolutionary stages. I'm probably missing something, but regardless, my question to the community is does this sound like something you'd be interested in? If it is, I'd like to give it a shot, running it with up to 2 other mods and having one slate of 3 mons per 8 days (4 for subs, 4 for voting).
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/evos-for-everyone-slate-21-keep-it-simple.3636813/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)