Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

I cannot believe I am saying this about Pokemon actually bothering to give new info
Eeeeeh, I think they're just going to clarify when it goes live, and possibly shown what they shown in preview to the press sites yesterday.

In the end tecnically they havent said a official release date / hour yet, and they have to give one in some way.

It's a bit "off" the actual Home maintenance, else I'd have even expected the "ITS OUT NOW BTW" moment.

Not sure how much of the video the DLC portion will take up, but again they did mention there'll be other info. Maybe it's Sleep, maybe Go/Home compatibility. In any case, it's a rather short video at 10:51, considering the ones in the past two years were 47:54 and 52:59.

Eeeeeh, I think they're just going to clarify when it goes live, and possibly shown what they shown in preview to the press sites yesterday.

In the end tecnically they havent said a official release date / hour yet, and they have to give one in some way.

It's a bit "off" the actual Home maintenance, else I'd have even expected the "ITS OUT NOW BTW" moment.
They really, really dont need to give an exact to-the-hour release date. They said it would be on the 17th, that's all they need to say. Its all anyone says, really! If anything I expect it to drop during/after the Presentation.

Thinking on it is likely not Expansion Pass-specific anyway. I mean it'll be here because gotta have that, but I think we're going to be having an update on other Pokemon stuff. Like Detective Pikachu, Pokemon Sleep (REMEMBER THAT??), maybe another thing on Go and probably some other spin offs thrown in.

I imagine the DLC will drop immediately after, though this certainly seems weird. Usually for a Direct followed by a DLC drop like this, the release date wouldn't have been confirmed beforehand. Seems very strange to do things this way.

But hey, who cares, looking forward to 2PM GMT tomorrow.

I'd take the Direct time as the very moment the DLC is released. It really screams as "Isle of Armor... available now!" to me.

And I think the other thing they are going to talk about is Pokémon Sleep.

Minor Update: Going to pokemonsleep.com redirects you to the Snorlax Pokédex page.

Last edited:
it is 17th in a bunch of countries already!
It's almost certain that the IoA will drop at the same time worldwide (for compatibility reasons), and that it will be sometime during the Home maintenance window. It can't be before the window obviously, and it can't be after the window because the window ends right as it becomes the 18th in Australia (and we already have a 17th release date on the Australia site).

So this corresponds to:
  • 9pm - 2am New Zealand
  • 7pm - 12am Australia east coast
  • 6pm - 11pm Japan
  • 11am - 4pm Central Europe
  • 10am - 3pm UK
  • 5am - 10am US east coast
  • 2am - 7am US west coast
To not be a redundant post,
Minor Update: Going to pokemonsleep.com redirects you to the Snorlax Pokédex page.
Has this been a thing since Sleep's announcement, or is it a recent change?

Last edited:
Speaking of leftover data in Sun/Moon demo, I am under the impression that it is intended.

I mean, (though probably for demo reasons) all names are removed and all stats are made such that it's the same as Pikachu's.

Speaking of Gigantamax……yknow I love the design but most of the Gmax moves just either sucks or isn't as good as the original non Gmax version (bar a few special examples like Gengar's). If only there is a way to change that.

Speaking of leftover data in Sun/Moon demo, I am under the impression that it is intended.

I mean, (though probably for demo reasons) all names are removed and all stats are made such that it's the same as Pikachu's.
That isn't the part people are talking about. The names and stats and movepools were scrubbed... but the Pokedex sprites weren't.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I imagine the DLC will drop immediately after, though this certainly seems weird. Usually for a Direct followed by a DLC drop like this, the release date wouldn't have been confirmed beforehand. Seems very strange to do things this way.
The Pokemon Company Employee: Ishihara-san, we just got back the progress reports from our various projects. All are on schedule, but there are concerns.
TPC President Tsunekazu Ishihara: Concerns?
TPC Employee: Considering some of the decisions being done, you know which ones, there's concerns that the fanbase is going to react negatively. HOME has already received massive criticism and it's just the tip of the iceberg, as they would say.
TPC President Ishihara: I see. When is GameFreak releasing the DLC?
TPC Employee: In just a few days, they released a new trailer not too long ago.
TPC President Ishihara: Then we'll have a Direct right before it's release. Dilute the negative news about our next products with people's excitement for the DLC.
TPC Employee: Will that possibly take away some enjoyment of the DLC with the negative news on their mind?
TPC President Ishihara: For a few, yes, but for most they'll play the DLC soon after either to distract themselves from the news or not wanting to think about it to focus solely on the DLC. That should quell a majority of any outrage that normally would have happened, giving us a pass to continue with the new products trajectory. Now go, make the announcement.

... Worst case scenario, of course.

Cant imagine why, this dlc was montha in advance. How many are waiting till the 11th hour to buy?
the issue would (in theory) not be people swarming to buy it, but swarming to download the update all at once.

Been a while since it's happened, though. Last real bad time I can remember was Joker's release.

in terms of the pokepresent direct, I'm putting all my money on certain leaks that said dpp remakes and more megas returning
Announcing DP remakes the day your new DLC expansion comes out and before the second half of said expansion even has a release date would certainly be....a choice...

That isn't the part people are talking about. The names and stats and movepools were scrubbed... but the Pokedex sprites weren't.
That's exactly what I am on about. Just like in SM the UBs and Necrozma triggered a whole slew of speculations such the UBs being metamorphosis of the known characters…… these sprites are possibly there to intentionally incite discussions and theories.

That's exactly what I am on about. Just like in SM the UBs and Necrozma triggered a whole slew of speculations such the UBs being metamorphosis of the known characters…… these sprites are possibly there to intentionally incite discussions and theories.
Yeah no. Very few companies would intentionally leave stuff in for data miners to find to generate hype. Game Freak is not one of them. Also that UB theory was really dumb, with only Lillie and maaaaybe Guzma bearing any notable resemblance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)