Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Hi there, I'm doing a randomized run of white and me and my friend I want to challenge each other at each gym, using our in-game teams we both have made teams using showdown's gen 7 balanced hackmons that validate. as gen 8 removes bunch of stuff etc, but we are unable to send a challenge using that category? We can challenge using gen8 hackmons but our teams that we are using can't be used in that catagory
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
Since this is White you're talking about, you'd probably do best with Gen 5 Ubers. Currently, the format is listed under "RoA Spotlight". It should allow any team you could get, unless the format bans like evasion or whatever and you're enough of a scumbag to use that.

Of course, if the movepools are also randomized, don't both with a format. Just use a custom game. If someone more familiar with custom games knows how to make one with Gen 5 mechanics, please chime in.

How do the Showdown programmers usually get cries from Pokemon games and add them to Showdown? Why is it taking so long for the gen 8 Pokemon?

Bulbapedia says Cherrim doesn't need its ability to change form in gen 4, but this replay shows Cherrim not changing form after another Pokemon used skill swap. Is this a Showdown! bug, or is Bulbapedia wrong?

Haven't played in two years and my PSD account is now disabled, is there a way to figure out why? I fucked around a ton back in the day so it wouldn't be unheard of for it to have been banned, however I was never banned before so a straight disable would be weird. Did some searching and it might be because it's an old account so it could have been disabled over that?

https://pokemonshowdown.com/users/cry

Do I just make an appeal or something? I love the name so I don't exactly want to just start a new account when I have enough laddering alts already.

Last edited:
(serebii)
:falinks:(showdown)

Why does Falinks still not have a minisprite? I haven't noticed any other Pokemon that has this problem.
Took me a while to interpret this question, but that is the Falinks mini, Though i'm not sure why it happens to look so much like the actual one.

I have a crappy-quality one I did quite a while back if you would like:

(not gonna lie though I'd consider re-doing that project if those could become official in some way. Just not with this quality)

Took me a while to interpret this question, but that is the Falinks mini, Though i'm not sure why it happens to look so much like the actual one.

I have a crappy-quality one I did quite a while back if you would like:

(not gonna lie though I'd consider re-doing that project if those could become official in some way. Just not with this quality)
It's more than just similar. It's literally the same sprite with simplified colors and slightly different shading in a few places.

falinks-comparison.gif

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Is there a way to tell what the last pokemon in the party is on showdown, so that you know which pokemon a Zoroark will show up as?

In this replay I thought Nyancatninja's last mon was Kyu-B but Zoroark showed up as a Regieleki. Why is Regieleki his last mon even though it shows up third in the start of battle line up and in the team preview icons under his avatar.

This is the description for illusion:
Code:
When this Pokemon switches in, it appears as the last unfainted Pokemon in its party until it takes direct damage from another Pokemon's attack
Btw I'm not posting this as a bug because I assume I'm doing something wrong.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Is there a way to tell what the last pokemon in the party is, so that you know which pokemon a Zoroark will show up as?

In this replay I thought Nyancatninja's last mon was Kyu-B but Zoroark showed up as a Regieleki. Why is Regieleki his last mon even though it shows up third in the start of battle line up and in the team preview icons under his avatar.

Btw I'm not posting this as a bug because I assume I'm doing something wrong.
There is no way to tell what the last pokemon of one's party is, since the person using zoroark can choose what their last pokemon will be on team preview and the lineup doesn't change to reflect that.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
How do I save changes to a team on the showdown program (not the browser one)? Most of the time when I make ev or moveset changes to a pokemon, I usually test it later but by the time I do wanna test it, the changes aren't saved and it cost me some battles. I even got times where my pokemon only has three moves because I deleted one and was trying to check its movepool to see which one to replace it with and when I do select one, it doesn't save. Item changes also apply to this problem as sometimes I'm stuck with the old item instead of the new one I replaced it with. I even tried to make changes, close the program, then launch it again immediately and the changes still aren't saved. The only way I found was to battle immediately after making the changes and sometimes, even that doesn't work. So, any help?

I was wondering about a learnset. Pinsir couldn't learn quick attack + double-edge back in gen 7 but now when making a team with it, it successfully validates in gen 8 tiers. I tried to figure out what changed in gen 8, but couldn't find anything. From what I understand quick attack is an egg move in gen 4 upwards and double edge was a tutor move in gen 3 and a tm in gen 1, making them incompatible.
I'm unsure if this is an error on showdown's side or if I just didn't find what has changed.

I was wondering about a learnset. Pinsir couldn't learn quick attack + double-edge back in gen 7 but now when making a team with it, it successfully validates in gen 8 tiers. I tried to figure out what changed in gen 8, but couldn't find anything. From what I understand quick attack is an egg move in gen 4 upwards and double edge was a tutor move in gen 3 and a tm in gen 1, making them incompatible.
I'm unsure if this is an error on showdown's side or if I just didn't find what has changed.
Two Pokemon of the same species can directly teach each other egg moves in the nursery.

So this is possible by putting the Double-Edge Pinsir with an open move slot in the nursery alongside a Pinsir that knows Quick Attack. The first Pinsir will eventually learn Quick Attack too.

And yes, this is a new thing to gen 8.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
I don't know where to look for this being addressed but I currently noticed that this technically isn't implemented yet. And on the same topic of Pokemon getting moves they really shouldn't I also noticed that neither Drilbur nor Excadrill have access to Hydro Pump which is another Swsh bug. Are there rulings to these moves not being added or is it something else.
https://www.reddit.com/r/stunfisk/comments/jsc71j

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Will gen 8 cries ever be added? It's been over a year since SwSh launched
They will, but whenever they're made and implemented.
why does the "Add Pokemon" button disappear sometimes on the desktop app?
View attachment 293664
is there a way to reload the dekstop app?
Not sure if you're still having this problem, but it should be fixed if you redownload the app from the website. Alternatively, use the browser instead.
I don't know where to look for this being addressed but I currently noticed that this technically isn't implemented yet. And on the same topic of Pokemon getting moves they really shouldn't I also noticed that neither Drilbur nor Excadrill have access to Hydro Pump which is another Swsh bug. Are there rulings to these moves not being added or is it something else.
https://www.reddit.com/r/stunfisk/comments/jsc71j
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...t-before-posting.3663703/page-38#post-8659939 Seems impossible to do. As for hydropump being able to be learned by drilbur/excadrill, I believe that has been patched
in the cartridge games.
How do I save changes to a team on the showdown program (not the browser one)? Most of the time when I make ev or moveset changes to a pokemon, I usually test it later but by the time I do wanna test it, the changes aren't saved and it cost me some battles. I even got times where my pokemon only has three moves because I deleted one and was trying to check its movepool to see which one to replace it with and when I do select one, it doesn't save. Item changes also apply to this problem as sometimes I'm stuck with the old item instead of the new one I replaced it with. I even tried to make changes, close the program, then launch it again immediately and the changes still aren't saved. The only way I found was to battle immediately after making the changes and sometimes, even that doesn't work. So, any help?
This is a known problem with the desktop app. The browser version doesn't have this problem, so it would be best to use that instead.
where are all the minisprites located? thanks!
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/pokemonicons-sheet.png here

Why don't roomvoices have access to /banword list? It seems like generally useful information for a roomvoice trying to keep chat positive. I can remember at least one instance of a user asking why certain commands are banned (presumably talking about /me), but I wasn't able to provide them with an answer as without being about to see which words are banned I would just be guessing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)