Pokemon Presents - 26th Feb 2021

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
To be fair the main contributor to the success of Animal Crossing wasn't the quality of the game (which isn't bad, but nothing amazing either), but rather the fact the covid epidemy forced everyone at home for prolonged time, and chill time-killing games like AC work very well with it, it just so happened to be a Switch game. Would have sold more or less equally if it was a PC or Playstation one.
Wasn’t there a massive switch shortage throughout that whole period too? The switch as a whole was very popular as a pandemic time-passer

Wasn’t there a massive switch shortage throughout that whole period too? The switch as a whole was very popular as a pandemic time-passer
Yeah, I mean, that's what I wanted to get at, AC is a perfect game for this real world situation, I just meant it'd have sold comparably even if it was on a different platform :bloblul:

Sword/Shield themselves potentially also benefitted from the pandemic, obviously.

SwSh DLC3: One major question: what would be its selling point? The other DLCs have given us all the usual convenience upgrades and all the usual legendaries. There isn't really much left to sell. Still, some Pokémon are missing (no overly exciting ones, mind), and fans have always been clamoring for a Battle Frontier, so there is some potential left. I doubt there's enough for two sets of DLC, however, making this less interesting news than last year's news. Is that befitting of a big anniversary celebration? It would, on the other hand, beg the question of what the entire dev team has been doing since SwSh were released, since a DLC doesn't require that many people, generating some hype for the next games again.

So in total, every way I look, there just appears to be more arguments against every option than there are in their favour. Everything appears to involve an unrealistic amount of effort, be too hard to sell, or both.

If I were to make some sort of conclusion, I think a new region is unlikely, so it will probably be a remake of some kind. I think the order of likelihood of regions in the next game goes somewhere like Galar > Sinnoh > Johto > New region > Other regions, but we never know.

Or, well, we'll know tomorrow.
I like all of your points, especially the bolded part, hence I'm going to play devil's advocate for DLC3 because it makes the most sense.

Developing a new game would require much more effort: this includes Gen9 and Sinnoh remakes, which would effectively be entirely new games (little to leverage on bar the general structure of the region and the fact that you could use Mt. Coronet as a massive Wild Area, but it still would require designing and developing comparable to a new game). Again, I question why they would do this while developing DLCs and barely 2 years from SwSh's release. It goes without saying that it would be the most sellable, but the least feasible.

A Galar sequel would bear all of the following questions from a variety of audiences: "why wasting time and resources on DLCs" and "Done Galar once. It sucks enough. No thank you." "How much novelty is there to justify a new title when you've been incrementally improving the last one." This would be the most feasible alternative, but how the hell do you sell this? And, moreover, how much may you add while you've already done CT and IoA?

Let's Go games are a weird option: they're both more feasible than a new game, with a simpler to reproduce tile structure, and they can leverage a self-imposed restricted roster, but such a choice would imply both putting a cap on the target audience (you risk completely alienating the playerbase uninterested in spin-offs) and leaving the main games out dry up to at least early 2022 (unless they announce both a Let's Go and a main game/DLC3: crazier things have happened). Feasible, but with a market threshold and little compatibility with main entries bar transfers via HOME.

Now: enter (main) DLC3: full rosters (both doable and likely to be leveraged in the future for next Switch entries), some new areas/gameplay activities to be developed like a new Wild Area and some battle facility or anything with replay value (still something to develop as brand-new, but far less taxing than a full new game), maybe some serious regional variants (I'm not talking 2 and 1, I'm talking 10-ish at least) and a couple of new mons? This is feasible, somewhat marketable, and smart for the future.

Don't get me wrong: would it be exciting news? Hardly, Gen VIII sucks hard and both are pretty mediocre games with some (few and far between) good points, and you can bet your life that I'm not going to replay anything but the DLC in the "masterpiece of emptiness and participation trophy galore" that is Galar. But it makes the most sense to then focus on Gen IX with little work to do on leftover material as far as porting old mons and continuing developing a proper Switch game.

Now that I think about it, the more thoughts I give to the on-the-fly typed Let's Go+DLC option, the more sense it makes.

Last edited:
I have some expectations, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything because at this point who knows.

My predictions are:

-Third DLC with a Ultimate SwSh bundle dropping in the Fall. This makes the most sense to me, seeing where we are in the life cycle of the generation and what is missing from the games. We'll get an option to buy a third DLC (For another $30, ugh) and players that haven't gotten the games yet will get a version with all the DLC included for $60, which will be enough of an incentive for those on the fence to get the games I think. The Third DLC will include the rest of the Pokemon (Hello Greninja-heavy marketing!) as well as some new battles (maybe an evil team ala Rainbow Rocket) but nothing too significant. If they decide to go the ultimate pandering route, they could even introduce a place called Mega Island where you can get Mega Stones, seeing how fans are demanding that.

-Pokemon Snap gameplay. This one is a gimmie but I'm including it anyway. The game is about 2 months away and it would be a perfect time to showcase some gameplay footage, assuming that most of the game is already polished and debugged. It'll get fans excited, trend on social media, and move pre-orders. Easy money, easy way to pad time.

-Gen I ports to eShop. It can't be a Pokemon Day without heavy pandering to KANTOOOO (which is fine by me, because I'm old). They'll say you can't experience the latest Pokemon games without experiencing the first, sell them for $10 bucks, and make a truck-load of money. Maybe they'll include a way to port them over to HOME or add a trading code feature (or just add a local trading network to give you that old Link Cable experience) but otherwise they won't touch them.

-Go/Mobile Games/Third Party Game Announcements. Obviously TPC will try to promote other products during their big announcement and will try to tie in as many things as possible. I'm expecting Go to have some sort of celebration raids or something, Unite showing off skins and gameplay, etc.. One thing I will note is that I think Pokemon Sleep is Pokemon Dead Project (not surprised with how much problems HOME and Go compatibility cost in terms of time) and will join Dynamax Crystals and other features that have been relegated to the dustbin after being announced.

-New Merch and Music. Easy money to be made. No brainer.

As to the whole Gen IX vs Gen IV remakes, I agree that it's too early, but I also think that I'm starting not to care. As I wrote in the Dexit thread a long time ago, Sword and Shield have kinda given me everything I wanted from Pokemon as a little kid, albeit very sloppily, and a lot of the new features just don't appeal to me (not that they should, I'm not the target audience). To go full Boomer, I think that the Pokemon formula, as it's currently designed, just doesn't work in a 3D environment, and I think that's a big part of why the last few generations have struggled a bit. It's kind of like taking a horse onto the highway; yeah, you'll get where you need to go eventually, but its slow, clunky, and unfit for the environment. Honestly, I think I would prefer a 2D game that's more self-contained (as much as Pokemon games can be, as they are designed to include trades and battles) than another 3D clunky open-world generation that you need different apps and logins to fully experience. I think till that tension is resolved, I'm not going to get my hopes up for the mainline games.

See, a new set of paid DLC for SwSh does sound feasible until you realise that GF is already selling a SwSh bundled with IoA and CT. If they were wanting to sell a third DLC they'd wait until that is out before selling the SwSh plus DLC bundle

See, a new set of paid DLC for SwSh does sound feasible until you realise that GF is already selling a SwSh bundled with IoA and CT. If they were wanting to sell a third DLC they'd wait until that is out before selling the SwSh plus DLC bundle
That's not how it works, just because there's a bundle with those 2 doesn't mean they can't make more.
Other companies do it all the time.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Yeah, that's the tricky bit ... every option seems to have strong counterpoints, and the existence of the SwSh DLC bundle is definitely the one for the idea of another DLC. Although as Worldie says, it's not a definite showstopper, but given how the bundle is made to capitalize on those who aren't yet comfortable with online buying, it would make little sense to have this concept so thoroughly derailed by adding another DLC that isn't in the bundle.

I'd also say the DLC bundle is a bit of a monkey wrench in the idea of a new pair of Galar games too: Either the new game doesn't have IoA and CT, meaning it would risk being overshadowed by the base games, or it does, in which case the DLC bundle is made completely obsolete.

And again, a Sinnoh remake has everything going against it, Let's Go Johto or Sinnoh would share all the downsides of LGPE without having the solid nostalgia base to drive sales, it's too early for Gen IX, and I doubt they'd make a new Gen VIII game that isn't a remake but instead something original. None of the obvious options seem to be good, but a main series game announcement seems overall very likely, given that it's an anniversary year and all that.

It's almost as if whatever they do, wouldn't seem to make sense at this point. They better have something surprising up their sleeve, to overcome the apparent drawbacks of every feasible-sounding option.

I have been wondering... if we happen to get a let's go sinnoh for some reason... How does that work? Will they only add Pokemon from the Sinnoh games and maybe some KANTO stuff + new forms?

I have been wondering... if we happen to get a let's go sinnoh for some reason... How does that work? Will they only add Pokemon from the Sinnoh games and maybe some KANTO stuff + new forms?
If first Let's Go is to take as example, it'd have the same pokemon available in those games, just with more otherwise-unique pokemon like the starters available in the world.
So you're ideally looking at All gen 1-2-3-4 pokemon, + all the regional forms, + potentially every mega from those gens.

Yeah, that's the tricky bit ... every option seems to have strong counterpoints, and the existence of the SwSh DLC bundle is definitely the one for the idea of another DLC. Although as Worldie says, it's not a definite showstopper, but given how the bundle is made to capitalize on those who aren't yet comfortable with online buying, it would make little sense to have this concept so thoroughly derailed by adding another DLC that isn't in the bundle.

I'd also say the DLC bundle is a bit of a monkey wrench in the idea of a new pair of Galar games too: Either the new game doesn't have IoA and CT, meaning it would risk being overshadowed by the base games, or it does, in which case the DLC bundle is made completely obsolete.

And again, a Sinnoh remake has everything going against it, Let's Go Johto or Sinnoh would share all the downsides of LGPE without having the solid nostalgia base to drive sales, it's too early for Gen IX, and I doubt they'd make a new Gen VIII game that isn't a remake but instead something original. None of the obvious options seem to be good, but a main series game announcement seems overall very likely, given that it's an anniversary year and all that.

It's almost as if whatever they do, wouldn't seem to make sense at this point. They better have something surprising up their sleeve, to overcome the apparent drawbacks of every feasible-sounding option.
An out for GF here would be to just make the third DLC a free upgrade that gets downloaded to your Switch if you want it. However, GF isn't in the business of making fans happy at the cost of their bottom line so I wouldn't jump on this train. Either way, we'll know in less than a day.

If first Let's Go is to take as example, it'd have the same pokemon available in those games, just with more otherwise-unique pokemon like the starters available in the world.
So you're ideally looking at All gen 1-2-3-4 pokemon, + all the regional forms, + potentially every mega from those gens.
and the nightmare scenario is its the base DP 150 pokedex only (Phione will be grandfathered in)

e:
Tiers of nightmares:
NEVER ENDING NIGHTMARE: It's just the 151 DP dex (MAYBE phione if you're LUCKY). The Battle Island may/may not be there, but if it is, it will not have anything out of the dex. "Surely they'd have all the gen 4 Pokemon" you fool, you imbecile, you mo--
NIGHTMARE: 151 Dex, but the wild Pokemon that show up in the post game area are still there. Swarms are gone & the Pokeradar doesnt reveal anything new, and they dont have anyone from after gen 4. Pour one out for the random assortment of Pokemon that you could only get through those methods, including gen 4 pokemon!
BAD DREAM: It's the Platinum Pokedex & the post game has its usual pokemon. No swarms, pokeradar, etc.
INSOMNIA: Dex, for terms of what is available as a whole, irrelevant because there's swarms and the radar and junk
REST: Platinum Dex main game, and then they shake things up in the post game and have all the missing pokemon alongside their usual suspects as they do whatever other weird ass thing to get Pokemon.
SLEEP TALK? IS THAT BETTER?: Greatly expand the pokedex so there's a cool variety of new & old, and the post game has a bunch more and so on and so forth.

Last edited:

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Alright, boys and girls. My turn. I’ve been looking into everything that’s been announced so far as well as past market trends, and I think I have a good idea for what this could potentially look like. This is not a leak or anything of the sort, just a concept. Enjoy!

1. Presentation starts with a cool cinematic followed by the announcement of another spinoff remake, this time being Pokémon Ranger
2. What’s-his-name introduces himself and talks about the 25th anniversary of Pokémon for a bit
3. They go into a new gameplay showcase of Pokémon Unite and reveal a release date for Summer of 2021
4. Pokémon Sleep gets brought up around halfway in alongside more information on the game, no release date yet
5. First showcase of Detective Pikachu 2 gameplay for Nintendo Switch, no release date yet
6. Various small merchandise advertisements for the TCG and specifically the anime, followed by an announcement of Pokémon TV coming to the Switch after the presentation concludes
7. In the typical “we have one last announcement” trope, they tease Sinnoh remakes and a 2021 release window but show no gameplay... yet
8. They say more reveals are coming throughout the year, maybe even saying when the next presentation could be

There's an exclamation point in the announcement tweet. Pokémon Solid and Liquid confirmed!
Finally, a Pokémon game made by Monolith Soft. The franchise is saved!
You joke, but I actually think there's a good chance that the DP remakes will be named Solid Diamond and Liquid Pearl, due to the theory that the Creation Trio is based on the states of matter.

Anyways, a lot of people have already put out the likely announcements, so I'll give my pipe dream one: a brand new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game. I believe that Rescue Team DX was a test drive to see if people were still interested in PMD and to test how the series would work on the Switch, and since that proved successful, they can go ahead and put out a new entry

also I really want to see Gen 7 and 8 Pokémon in the PMD artstyle seriously please it's all I want in life

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
I believe that Rescue Team DX was a test drive to see if people were still interested in PMD and to test how the series would work on the Switch, and since that proved successful, they can go ahead and put out a new entry

also I really want to see Gen 7 and 8 Pokémon in the PMD artstyle seriously please it's all I want in life
The first part of this comment basically describes the way I feel about the Pokémon Ranger trilogy and other spin-offs to a T. As much as I want to see a new Mystery Dungeon as well, I feel it’s too soon after this remake and while it will happen someday, I think we’ll be seeing other series getting this experimental treatment first.

On that note, I’d also like to mention how Pokémon enjoys their 10th and 15th anniversary dates as well. One can cite Rescue Team DX as a celebration of 15 years of Mystery Dungeon as well as what you said, and given how these games (including Snap, mind us) were all on the Wii U Virtual Console for 2016, possibly as a test for the Switch games we have now... I see all the stars aligning for something incredible happening. A Ranger remake being released in 2021 for the franchise’s 25th isn’t a coincidence either, as Ranger itself turns 15 soon, just like- you guessed it- the Sinnoh games.

EDIT: Lowkey though, explaining how Ranger would play on the Switch is such a good excuse to spend half the livestream on one game like they always do. Mystery Dungeon and Snap on the other hand weren’t as complicated for them.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So what are we going to delude ourself with in the wait?
Make your pick :bloblul:
View attachment 318746

Personally I do actually expect gen 9 games, but honestly, TPCI/GF has proven to manage to always surprise, both positively and negatively.
Kanto remakes (again): Nah, unless they announce Sevii Islands DLC for LGPE.
More DLCs for SwSh: I think they're done since they got the SwSh+DLC version of the games coming out.
Let's Go Sinnoh: They just made the pun because in (American) English it rhymed, let it go.
Gen 9 Games: Not until the SwSh+DLC versions have been released and sold as much as they expect it to. If there's going to be a Gen 9 announcement it'll probably be at the end of the 25th Anniversary celebration.
Another Mobile Title No One Asked For: Via Pokemon Unite, yes am expecting that. Tencent may like having announcements all to themselves but it would be very foolish of them to exclude them showing any Pokemon Unite stuff for the 25th Anniversary announcement stream because of that (I don't think they can even get away with Pokemon Company saying "we'll have another announcement in a few days for Pokemon Unite news"; well, they can, but only a small percentage of people who are going to watch the Anniversary stream would wait till then).
Pokemon Sleep: Oh yeah, forgot that was a thing. Maybe. At the very least show us progression has been made on it or you've cancelled it.
Sinnoh Remakes & Let's Go Johto: Like, if they really want a big crowd reaction I think these are the two most expected ways to do so. Now I say "expected" because you know GF, Pokemon Company, and Nintendo like their surprises and there's probably a few things they could do which would get a big reaction from us that aren't these. And because of that, I'm not expecting either. Okay, maybe not Sinnoh Remakes but that's only because I don't want them trying to fit Dynamax in Sinnoh, hopefully next gen's super mechanic would be more applicable for Sinnoh. Let's Go Johto though I would say has the best chance then. Though I personally think a new Pokemon Colosseum would garner some attention...
None Of This: TBF they do have New Pokemon Snap to lean on.

What I wish to see happen (a crossover with Puyo Puyo) is practically impossible, so I prefer to not set expectations.
Crossover with Puyo Puyo? Interesting choice, most people mention either Animal Crossing or even Monster Hunter for a Pokemon Crossover (and Digimon, though I think that one is best saved for Super Smash Bros.).

Anyway, while I don't think it'll happen (or at least would be a long shot) for the 25th Anniversary, I don't see why Pokemon couldn't do a Puyo Puyo crossover. Pokemon has had a long list of similar puzzle games, be it back in the day they re-skinned Panel De Pon to be Pokemon Puzzle League up to the present when we now have Pokemon Cafe Mix. And if you think the lore will be a problem, look how things were handled in Pokemon Conquest which is a Pokemon crossover with the even less expected Nobunaga's Ambition series. Or they could just do a crossover event with Pokemon Cafe Mix, probably not what you want but at the same time I wouldn't write that idea off.

Whatever it is, I expect a ton of internet people to be mad about it, and thus am prepping myself with clown memes

e: I also think we'll see Detective Pikachu 2
Ooh, good pick! They do sort of got to get that one out soon, especially since the movie kind of revealed the major plot twist we all kind of expected though weren't sure how it happened.

I guess a reasonable prediction is with Mystery Dungeon games back in everyone's subconscious, we could get a brand new Mystery Dungeon for the Swtich. DX was a pretty solid Success and we havent had a brand new one in 2 gens, that'd be pretty neat.
A very nice pick as well, and one I actually see happening (or at the very least announcing they're making one).
Though I guess another thing they could do is do a similar remake for the second games: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers DX. Or maybe even do a remake for the Mystery Dungeon that never made it to international markets: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Go Adventure DX.

Hmm, make me wonder if it would even be possible to do a Pokemon Ranger game. Like the Switch screen is a touch screen yet I feel it's not as responsive as the DS's or they rather not have people rapidly draw thousands of circles on it and likely destroying their screens.

1. Good usage of Switch's potential has been barely scratched;
  2. SwSh were rushed with developers being beaten to a pulp by management with Grookey's stick in order to meet the original release deadline.
In such a situation, I would find it wild that they managed to develop a whole new game (even remakes) on such a tight schedule whereas mediocre products have already been released (I know, record-setting sales and personal tastes matter, but SwSh are mediocre games by the overwhelming majority of objective parameters).
Or, noting the reasoning of the two numbers examples I included, I think they're more likely to cut their losses and start focusing on Gen 9's development. To put it another way: Gen 8 walked so Gen 9 could run (hopefully).

2021 Pokémon game possibilities:

• B/W Remakes

So, what if it is too late for D/P remakes, and they’ll skip them and go directly to greatness? Some fans already want Unova Remakes at this point even if we haven’t gotten to Sinnoh yet, and since remakes happen only because of fan demand… who knows? I personally hope B/W remakes won't happen since I am not prepared for this yet. If they do happen… then I don't know how I'll do. We’ll have to see. I love Gen 5 but I don’t like Pokémon remakes and I hope we won’t get Gen 5 remakes anytime soon, or even at all for that matter.

• Remakes of anything else
There's of course also the chance that they might release a remake of anything else... but if so, what? Kanto is an obvious choice, but I hope not. If there's another Kanto game coming, I will probably not get it. Johto maybe, but it feels like a Let's Go-style remake is more likely there. It wasn't that long since we got OR/AS so Hoenn seems unlikely, and I have already talked about Sinnoh and Unova. As for Kalos, I would love to see them release "Z" or something since I loved X/Y, but it feels unlikely too. Alola is also very recent, and Galar is our current region. So I don't know. If we get a remake of anything, the chance that I'll get it is quite low but it depends on what it will be a remake of and how it will be.

• Gen 9
This is bound to happen at some point, the question is when. This year or later? Personally, I hope and expect that it will happen later since Gen 8 is barely a year old at this point and every previous generation has lasted for at least 3 years in some part of the world, so I hope they won’t rush out Gen 9 just for the 25th anniversary.
While we’re at it, what will the Gen 9 games be named? I have a few ideas, some serious, others less so. I don't think any of them will be correct though.
Gen 9 game name ideas:
• Star & Firefly
• Vanilla & Chocolate
• Love & Friendship
• Spirit & Code
• Awakening & Rebirth
• Voyager & Guardians
• Skyward & Amity
• Enigma & Eternal
• Ignite & Eclipse

• Pokémon Anthology - a collection of older Pokémon games
My own idea for a Pokémon game... except other fans have had the same or a similar idea. Basically, a collection of all/most old Pokémon games, from R/B (R/G in Japan) to US/UM. This can be done in many different versions depending on technology and greed, here’s all of them:
1. Full Anthology. All games from R/B to US/UM, nothing left out.
2. Split into different eras: One GB/GBC/GBA era (Gen 1-3), one DS era (Gen 4-5) and one 3DS era (Gen 6-7). 3 games in total. Could be named Memories, Echoes and Recollections or something.
3. Split into different versions. One “Red” and “Blue”, but named Memories and Recollections or something. Third versions could be included in either both or none. If none, they get a version of their own – “Yellow” or “Green” named Echoes or Introspection. 2-4 games in this version of Anthology.
4. Only early Anthology – Gen 1-3. Because how are they going to port the DS and 3DS games to the Switch? This might be the easy (and only) solution.
No matter what, I think they should include some extra games as well. English releases should get a Green version for Gen 1 which has the graphics of Japanese R/G but the encounter slots of Japanese Blue. They should also include Z for all versions just because.
I might get Anthology depending on which version becomes reality (if any). V1 definitely yes, V2 probably the later eras at least, V3 unsure (maybe one version at least), V4 probably not.

• Re-releases of the Gen 1-2 games for the Switch, and Gen 3 as well.
Basically Anthology V4 but digital-only and you would have to buy every game separately. I could see this happen. If it does, I might get Emerald, LeafGreen and maybe Crystal but not sure.
Non-Main Series Gen IV Remakes: I highly doubt they would jump to Gen V or VI remakes without doing a IV first. As much as Gen V is my favorite Gen as well as being curious what they would have done for a Z version, the point of remakes is to bring older games story up-to-date with modern technology and mechanics. It's been done with Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, now it would be Sinnoh's turn; plus with the Let's Go games we have another remake series that has brought Kanto into 3D and so would do so with Johto, thus normal remakes for Sinnoh would bring the first four gens into the 3D realm. I wouldn't be surprised if their goal was to bring all past sprite gen games into 3D; though I wouldn't expect a Gen V remake until the Switch's successor if we're following traditional remake patterns and counting Let's Go as it's own series.

Gen 9 Titles: Ooh, interesting titles. Personally I'm betting on Nature & Cyber. Some thoughts on yours:
Star & Firefly: Not sure if the connection between the two are strong enough.
Vanilla & Chocolate: Now, before we write this off, we haven't had a region based in Sweden and they LOVE their confectioneries...
Love & Friendship: I think a bit too on the nose.
Spirit & Code: I like it *points to my Nature & Cyber suggestion*. Though obviously both get across a different theme. Mine would be about the relation between the natural world and the manmade world, specifically one that exists in the digital realm. Spirit & Code sounds more like it would be more personal theme asking questions about the differences and relation with traits like spirits/souls, code/data, and likely memory & emotions.
Awakening & Rebirth: Save it for the Fire Emblem crossover.
Voyager & Guardians: Now, I think I see the theme you're going with here, though I think it would need a better name. Like, "Pokemon Guardians" alone sounds like it's a side game about the Aura Guardians (which I would love to see, but that's aside the point). We need more specific/symbolical terms that on their own wouldn't sound like it could be their own side game. Like maybe "Guard & Seek", simplifying the two words. Or maybe more symbolical like "Hearth & Compass"; a hearth was usually considered the centerpiece of any home while the compass is a necessary tool for anyone travelling to unfamiliar territory.
Skyward & Amity: I don't see the connection between the two words. Skyward is a good term, but it's counterpart term should probably mean something ground-related like "Excavate" or "Crosscut".
Enigma & Eternal: Both good terms, but really have nothing to do with one another. Like with Enigma I would pair it with something like "Mystify", while for Eternal maybe something like "Absolute".
Ignite & Eclipse: Get what you're going for, but each need a better counterpart team. For Ignite maybe "Emanate" (for a partnering term) or "Quell" (for an opposite term. As for Eclipse, well the above "Star" I say comes closer, or maybe another star-related term like "Nova".

Pokemon Anthology: *Cough*

SwSh DLC3: One major question: what would be its selling point?
Well they can always think of something, though something to note about the previous DLC is they have a real world counterpart. Isle of Armor is based on the Isle of Man and Crowned Tundra is based on Scotland. So if they were to make a SwSh DLC3 it would have to be also someplace around England. To me, the obvious location to go to would be the English Channel Islands, the few islands that are inside the English Channel (the waterway which separates England from France). Notably for England there's three islands they have oversight of: Isle of Wight, Bailiwick of Guernsey, & Bailiwick of Jersey. So if they do DLC3 I'd bet whatever they do the location basis would be based on the English Channel Islands, or at least the Isle of Wight which is the closest.

To be fair the main contributor to the success of Animal Crossing wasn't the quality of the game (which isn't bad, but nothing amazing either), but rather the fact the covid epidemy forced everyone at home for prolonged time, and chill time-killing games like AC work very well with it, it just so happened to be a Switch game. Would have sold more or less equally if it was a PC or Playstation one.
I laugh because otherwise I'd cry.

-Gen I ports to eShop. It can't be a Pokemon Day without heavy pandering to KANTOOOO (which is fine by me, because I'm old). They'll say you can't experience the latest Pokemon games without experiencing the first, sell them for $10 bucks, and make a truck-load of money. Maybe they'll include a way to port them over to HOME or add a trading code feature (or just add a local trading network to give you that old Link Cable experience) but otherwise they won't touch them.

-New Merch and Music. Easy money to be made. No brainer.
eShop Ports: Why stop at Gen I? They can easily put Gen II and III up there as well, maybe even IV and V! Heck, VI and VII are probably doable if they really wanted to, they aren't as big as you think they are.

Music: Man, if they released a mega soundtrack collection and put it up for sale it'll be awesome... and probably sold out as soon as it happens... *sigh*

There's an exclamation point in the announcement tweet. Pokémon Solid and Liquid confirmed!
Finally, a Pokémon game made by Monolith Soft. The franchise is saved!
With how many Common Core Crystals you gotta wade through to get the Rare Blades (half of you're not going to use) Xenoblade Chronicles 2 already has a making of a Pokemon game.

Based on the domains that were detected and then deactivated a month or so ago, I would guess Sinnoh remakes of some form are most likely.

Personally, I'd be content to see more swsh dlc. It may be too early to expect several waves of dlc per generation, since GF may have been waiting to see how IoA+CT would pan out, but this seems to me like a sensible strategy for dealing with pressures on the horizon. For one, it helps sets the new expectation that old mons will gradually return through expansions. Second, the other big $$$ maker, Pokemon GO, is on track to catch up with the main series by when gen 9 would normally be expected. Niantic is already dragging out releases of new mons and padding spawns with costumed mons. DLC could allow GF to put out several waves of new Pokemon per generation, whose release could further tie in with GO. ... It's at very least preferable to GO just importing the costumes from Unite...

As for non-switch stuff... Uh, random shot in the dark, new limited edition toy line of Pokemon Transformers to tie in with Beast Wars' 25th anniversary. We finally have a good gorilla mon to be Optimus Primal, the timing's never been better!

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
Sweet mother of Arceus, that was a long post Pikachu315111

I feel like we’re most likely seeing ports of some kind in the near future, and I’ve narrowed it down to Gen 1 through 3 ports (the first two would literally be the same as the 3DS ones) and a collection of 3DS ports of XY (with more content), ORAS, and at least one version of Alola. I’m split between these two, though. What do you guys think?

In the meantime, allow me to answer any questions you might about why I’m so confident a Ranger remake could work, even if we don’t get one. This isn’t just my nostalgia talking either. There’s actually so many creative ways one could do captures without the touch screen if you stop and think about it. You don’t even need the touch screen for half of those. Like, imagine using the Joy-Cons or a controller to catch a Pokémon just like how the Rangers did in the anime!

OK guys. Imagine this. It's almost the end of the Pokémon Presents. Junichi Masuda steps out. He looks into the camera and smiles. "Thank you for being patient." he says. "It is finally time for us to reveal the next mainline Pokémon game. I hope you are as excited as we are to return to this beloved region. Please take a look."

The screen goes black. There's total silence.

And then this pops up.

memeZ.jpg

How would you guys react?

I dont expect a pOkemon Z until its time to revist Kalos. I would have hoped Galar and Kalos would have some connection based on their source material, but alas.

Also, Im just gonna throw caution in the wind as request my pie in the sky wish: More games with a simillar tone to Colosseum and/or Colosseum. Everyone is growing up and there is a defenite niche for grittier grimmer takes on the pokemon world (look at all those fangames!) and the battle style of having Doubles the whole game is more relevant than ever since they have done a big push to make VGC as accessible as possible. Getting people more used naturally to doubles would be anice gateway to that.

How would you guys react?
I would probably check what time is it cause I probably fell asleep and I'm probably also late for work :bloblul:

Also, Im just gonna throw caution in the wind as request my pie in the sky wish: More games with a simillar tone to Colosseum and/or Colosseum. Everyone is growing up and there is a defenite niche for grittier grimmer takes on the pokemon world (look at all those fangames!) and the battle style of having Doubles the whole game is more relevant than ever since they have done a big push to make VGC as accessible as possible. Getting people more used naturally to doubles would be anice gateway to that.
Man i'd really be happy to throw my money at a mainline-ish game iteration that's actually focused on Doubles. Would also let me use pokemon I'd otherwise never consider for a casual playthrough!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)