Pokemon Presents - 26th Feb 2021

Was there more planned for the presentation? It's kinda weird that it got cut short.

If you re-load it you can watch the rest. There is like another 10 seconds or so of them talking about Arceus, but all they say is basically "What about Arceus the legendary Pokemon said to be tied to the creation of the world? You will find out that and more as you explore the game etc"

For main series games, I don't really have a preference for Sinnoh/Unova remake, Pokémon Z, or 9th gen (or whatever else). Would get anyway.
For other games, I'm guessing we'll see more of glorified Poké Finder Pokémon Snap, but also hopefully Pokémon Sleep because I'm legitimately curious what that was all about.
Like I said, I'm getting the games that's not Snap, and I'm kinda glad they didn't throw other titles/side games into the video. Maybe they have nothing else in the works, or maybe they wanted to really focus on this, but either case it works for me.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
YO. YOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm floored. One of my Pokemon pipedreams was a game set in an ancient version of an old region and it FUCKING HAPPENED

This is a pretty smart two-prong approach they got here: A relatively safe traditional remake and a totally balls-to-the-wall experimental thing.

Oh yeah, and actual Arceus focus!?

Overall, goated presentation. Even when they did the most predictable thing ever they still managed to completely defy expectations

I feel like I've been thrown in a spin cycle and can't wrap my head around what I saw. I will give it clear thought after re-watching all of it.

As I suspected there is some good and some bad, but one thing is certain: please take out your notebook, this is a textbook example on how not to start and carry out a presentation. Pure chaos.

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
werfajswefl;wsajrflwakjfawl;fjfwejsjfl;kwefjslrfkasf;sjfelfjfas;laskjsa;alksdjcvlksdjf;lasjdflksdjfaasdfcjdsnhfcasdjasdvkfasjdf;awseiljwflaejeiefj;wlakjas;dfaks;elfjsa;ldskfdja;a

words cannot
describ
e
how
happy
i a m
POKEMON LEGENDS LOOKS SO GOOD AND ARCEUS FINALLY GETTING SOME ACTUAL RELEVANCE
IM
GOINFG'DGLAJFD'L;FAASDAFA

ims o fsdf fucklcifng a happy im so h ei hapdlkfdsj;afasdkf i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait THANK YOU SO MUCH ASLAAHDLS;KFJSADF
Should we, uhh, call an ambulance?

No? Ok....
Anyways, glad to see the Pokémon coming back, but it does make me wonder if they’re going to just keep what Pokémon were originally in SWSH and just add all remaining sinnoh mons and call it a day, because it’s be really outta pocket to just omit mons that were previously in SWSH.

From my Bulbagarden Post:

My concern with it being faithful remakes is that it will keep the issues with the story of the original DP. For example, in the original, it never explains why Cyrus wanted to destroy the universe, but in Platinum's it said that he wants to destroy the universe because of spirit.

Anyway, I'm been kind of burned on the franchise as a whole, so I'm gonna wait for reviews before purchasing. Right now, I'm not totally convinced especially because the game does not visually appealing at all. But on the other hand, Pearl was my first game, and I love Pearl, so its 100% faithful, I could see myself playing it.

The Arceus games looks way more appealing though.

And when I mean faithful, they have include all the Pokemon from the original DP, not just Sinnoh Dex. See Here.

Should we, uhh, call an ambulance?

No? Ok....
Anyways, glad to see the Pokémon coming back, but it does make me wonder if they’re going to just keep what Pokémon were originally in SWSH and just add all remaining sinnoh mons and call it a day, because it’s be really outta pocket to just omit mons that were previously in SWSH.
Is it confirmed that all mons from the remakes will be transferable to SwSh? I could see GF maintaining the dex cut and mons like Wormadam, Gliscor, Probopass and others getting stuck in Home.

EDIT: I'm sorry I wasn't clear, my question was if they would be transferable to SWSH.

Last edited:

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Is it confirmed that all mons from the remakes will be transferable to SwSh? I could see GF maintaining the dex cut and mons like Wormadam, Gliscor, Probopass and others getting stuck in Home.
Nahhh there’s no way they just keep Sinnoh mons out of a Sinnoh game. People would HATE that. We saw mons like Staraptor and Floatzel, it’s very likely that they just dump the whole sinnoh dex in

If we have to believe their presentations, it's meant to be more or less a 1:1 of DP, so likely all the gen "up to 4" pokemon should be available in the game.

Do note, this doesn't mean they will be transferable to Sword and Shield. Might however be transferable to the Arceus Legends.

Mad Lads went out and actually did it.

I'm okay with the DP remakes. I find it fascinating, in both good and bad ways, that GameFreak is finally outsourcing. I don't think I'll get the game, but I do think that the artstyle is decent, and I hope they use Platinum for some of the base rather than just the DP story/Dex.

I am happily surprised by the announcement of Legends, and am wondering if this is going to be a new direction for the franchise rather than releasing a new generation every three years. I'm withholding judgment on the game itself till we see more if it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
MY YOUTUBE KEEPS FREEZING FML
LMAOOOO THE PRESENTATION GOT CUT SHORT
Yeah, seriously, what was going on there? At first I thought it was my internet, but I then saw people in the chatbox also having the problem so it was the stream. Except, this wasn't a stream, it was an uploaded video, so what in the world happened there? Infact all that buffering I think messed up the live premier timer and that's why it was cut at the end. I won't blame this on Pokemon cause this seems to be more a Youtube problem, and I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter as the video is available to watch right after. So :blobshrug: .

And talking about gameplay... the bad, REALLY bad thing is that Legends seems to be open-world. And nothing good has ever come out of that genre.

:swole: GOAT REGION SINNOH SAVED THE FRANCHISE WITH GRACE AND OPULENCE ONCE AGAIN!!! :swole:
(No, I didn't make a mistake posting this twice)

I wonder how they will handle Manaphy now that Ranger doesn't exist. Maybe an in-game event like virtual console Crystal?
Maybe you get it from Legends and transfer it over. I'm going to assume a game titled "Legends" is going to have a lot of Legendary & at least some Mythical Pokemon.

I'll make a post with more thoughts later on and some replies as well, notably to Pikachu315111.
Well a quick heads up, you're going to be making them across this and 3 other threads. And honestly the one here isn't going to really have much meat to it.

Talking about the intro, this is the first time I heard of the Nintendo 64 having a mic adapter.
How else were you supposed to be ignored by talk to Pikachu?

Ironicly they didn't mention the manga, but only showed it around the end of the presentation.
I think they were trying to grab for a general audience... but even then they included stuff that either only Japan got or some places didn't get. I'll talk about that oddity when I go over the intro below.

Guess it's time for me to buy a Switch.
If you wait they'll probably announce a special BDSP Switch near its launch if you're willing to wait that long.

I'm floored. One of my Pokemon pipedreams was a game set in an ancient version of an old region and it FUCKING HAPPENED
Yeah, I always thought a game set in a newly human-inhabited region would be interesting... for a MMORPG in a new region (and likely in more modern times). Not that I'm saying Legends isn't bad, just surprised they're using this concept for a game set in an established region's past.

I'm very surprised Pokemon Unite wasn't mentioned
Tencent's policy: Their games are not to be presented alongside other games.
Their rather arrogant loss.

As I mentioned in my previous post, Tencent are idiots for sticking to such a strict policy. Millions of people have their eyes on this Presents, infact it'll probably get a ton more views from people who may have no been interested hearing about the DP remakes and now want to go watch it for themselves. It's a major advertisement moment... and they didn't bank on it. Even if they throw up their own video for Unite, at best it'll get a few hundred thousand views, MAYBE a million.

As I suspected there is some good and some bad, but one thing is certain: please take out your notebook, this is a textbook example on how not to start and carry out a presentation. Pure chaos.
CHAOS CHAOS!

EDIT: I'm sorry I wasn't clear, my question was if they would be transferable to SWSH.
They didn't say but even GF at their most GF-ness I don't believe would think not allowing you to transfer between SwSh and BDSP would be a good idea. The question obviously would be, as you hinted at, would the only transferable Pokemon to SwSh be the Pokemon that the base & DLC or will SwSh get a patch allowing all the remaining Pokemon. I guess there's also the question if BDSP will let you transfer Pokemon outside of its national dex but I'm going to bet you can cause there's no reason not to.

Anyway, since we have 3 other threads for Snap, BDSP, and Legends I'll post my full thoughts & trailer observations for them there. But that doesn't mean there's nothing to discuss here about the Presents, I have some quick things to say about the intro:
0:14: I'll give them some credit for the cute idea of showing all the "Welcome to the world of Pokemon" intros in different languages.
0:58: Huh, was the Pokemon Jet really that big of a deal to get a mention?
1:10: So, this is where I begin to question some of the inclusions/hashtags. I let them showcasing the original Japanese Red & Green slide because that's the literally beginning of the franchise. But the Mobile Adaptor & Teletrade? That wasn't released outside of Japan and most casual players probably wouldn't know what's that about, heck I'm sure there's some veteran players who wouldn't know. And of course it's not the only instance of this:
1:18: While the Pokemon Mini was released overseas, not all of its games were with some on showcase here (notably the Pichu Bros & Pokemon Tetris games which got their own hashtags: #Skateboard & #Block Puzzle; the only games released internationally was the first Party game, Zany Cards, Pinball, and Puzzle Collection). Like with the jet, it's an odd inclusion as the Mini didn't really go anywhere likely due to being a flop in international markets.
1:27: Huh, why are they showing Pokemon Stadium 2 after the e-Reader and Pokemon Mini? And they go right into Gen III after mentioning it which feels like would have been a more natural transition after the e-Reader segment where they show the GBA.
1:51: HOLD IT! e-Reader +? But we just did Dash and the Mystery Dungeons, why are you doing the e-Reader+ now? And for those wondering, the Japanese e-Reader+ is actually the e-Reader we got. The original Japanese e-Reader didn't have a link cable port (which was sort of a problem as the e-Reader blocked the port on the original GBA and needed the cable port to do a few things in Pokemon games that had e-Reader support). However, to add further confusion, though the international version is the e-Reader+ it uses the original Japanese e-Reader casing except with a cable port added to it.
1:54: Odd display for the expansion cards. I didn't even realize Pokemon Channel had e-Reader support... and even odder is this feature was an exclusive to the North American and Australian version of Pokemon Channel which came with the cards (though only early versions, when the e-Reader was discontinued later versions of Pokemon Channel excluded the cards but the functionality still remains in the game). Though for expansion cards you'd think they would have gone with something iconic like the Eon Ticket (or, if they want to go obscure, one of the Battle e Series cards that made it internationally; probably one of the berries).
1:57: ... What is that? I've never seen it before and I can't find it anywhere on the web (at least with the terms I'm using). I found two Japanese Twitter posts of the posters saying it was nostalgic to see though unfortunately they didn't say what it was. Does anyone have any idea? And was it that important to make it a part of this intro?
2:22: Oh yes, the Puck series, another Japanese exclusive. Now, this is popular to include... in a Japanese version of the intro. I'll explain below.
2:34: Wait, just Rotation Battle? What about Triple Battle?
2:52: Now this one is funny as it was released outside of Japane, but not in the US. Europe and Australia oddly got it.

And while there are some other quick things (like the Virtual Festival, Live Performances, and some stuff they showed in Goods & Art), my general point is that I think they really should have made three videos: one for Japanese audience, one for American, and one for Europe/International. As I've showcased, they had a lot of stuff only Japanese players would have a connection to like the Mobile Adaptor, Puck Series, and that strange swinging light image toy. And while some of that stuff was neat to see, if the point of the intro was to conjure up nostalgia then an American and Europe/International video could have maybe showcased other things that was released here/there but were passed over such as the Colosseum games, PokePark, Conquest, merch that would be nostalgic to us (like the toy Pokedexes & the Pokemon Master Board games). I don't want to say I felt alienated, that would be over dramatic, but whenever I saw a specifically Japanese merch thing I get the feeling the Pokemon Company didn't even consider the international audience when making this intro. They should have gotten Pokemon USA and the Europe Branch to look at the video, note what wouldn't be familiar to their home audience, and give replacement suggestions to be put into the American and European versions of the intro.

(No, I didn't make a mistake posting this twice)
But you did a mistake posting it to me foo! :swole:

Sinnoh Remakes look good, Gracidea NPC, Pory-Z and the website imply that the 1:1 aspect only applies to story, and cities/routes scale, QoL changes confirmed, no more Saving a Lot of Data.

Bidoof of the Wild is the evolution of the series and pipe dream people been bitching about ever since GOAT BotW brought a new age of prosperity and the perfection of Open-World Gaming.

All in a day's work for Sinnoh Gang, Alola would never, pour one out for Leon's formerly unbeatable Charizard getting wrecked by Stealth Rock. Sinnoh Gang needs no Fire-Types to be packing all the heat. :swole:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
But you did a mistake posting it to me foo! :swole:

Sinnoh Remakes look good, Gracidea NPC, Pory-Z and the website imply that the 1:1 aspect only applies to story, and cities/routes scale, QoL changes confirmed, no more Saving a Lot of Data.
Hmm... I'll get to my thoughts on those in the BDSP thread, because they're far from "saving" the franchise... if anything, they may be in danger further staling it...

Hey, looks like I'm not the only one who liked Mega Man Powered Up, ILCA did too!

also, ohman, did pokemon-Matthew Perry open Sinnoh (and I guess Kanto, Johto and Hoenn too) to international trade? has the pokemon-shogunate fallen? are we gonna meet the pokemon-shinsengumi?
We are aren't we? dammit
those guys show in everything! :<

I'm gonna be honest here, of the two possible upcoming games focused on a region we already know exists with a medieval japan aesthetic and Arceus being the main legendary, I would have preferred a Conquest remake.
-_-

Pokemon Conquest was about Oda Nobunaga, Pokemon Legends is 300 years later (also yes, co-owned by Koei-Tecmo)

1:57: ... What is that? I've never seen it before and I can't find it anywhere on the web (at least with the terms I'm using). I found two Japanese Twitter posts of the posters saying it was nostalgic to see though unfortunately they didn't say what it was. Does anyone have any idea? And was it that important to make it a part of this intro?
It's an LED glowstick. Never seen this model before, but now I know it exists. Apparently, this one's a Japanese toy called Pokémotion, a Gen 3 toy that produces holograms by swinging it left and right. Its holograms can display Pokémon sprites or be used to signal others.
I think I would've loved to have one of these as a kid.

As for the rest of the nostalgia trip, the part that stuck with me most was hearing the words,
Cable--Cable--Cable: Multi-Battle
Pretty silly, but it got a chuckle out of me knowing that's how it felt playing with Ruby/Sapphire friends (as a FireRed player).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)