Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

The real question is, what will be the "dexit" of this generation to fuck over people.

I have a lot of vibes of early SwSh where the first trailers were absolutely amazing, and so far I'm on same line, really liking what I'm saying.

Please don't fuck this one up GF...
Some Hisuian forms not being available is my guess. Alolan Muk, Raticate, and Golem missed Gen 8 entirely, so I'm hoping for every Hisuian form to be in Gen 9 so they can see some use in a more traditional battle system.

Some Hisuian forms not being available is my guess. Alolan Muk, Raticate, and Golem missed Gen 8 entirely, so I'm hoping for every Hisuian form to be in Gen 9 so they can see some use in a more traditional battle system.
They already shown Zoroark present, and honestly I'd be very surprised if any of the Hisuian pokemon is missing. Would be a extremely weird decision considering people will be looking forward using them in VGC.

As I said somewhere else, I fully expect every pokemon that missed SwSh to be in SV.
Having the entire pokedex available *somewhere* in a Switch game would at very least shut up the people complaining about "Home = Jail" (not that anyone will ever actually use their Beedrill, but still)

What's wrong with heavy-duty boots?
I personally really like using entry hazards, to the point where I want to use hazard stacking as a primary way to deal damage. Boots may or may not be fine for just Rocks on the field (though my gut still says no, U-turn/Volt Switch and regenerator were balanced around them), but completely shutting down what I consider to be a valid playstyle that already required multiple turns of setup is untenable. Boots are the main reason the only gen 8 I play on Showdown is BDSP.

As another thing, it seems we have multiplayer now, in the sense that you can explore the region in a party of four:
Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet allow multiplayer gameplay with up to four players. Along with series staples, such as trading and battling Pokémon, you will be able to explore the various locations of the region in these games with other players. You can discover new Pokémon and explore unfamiliar areas with your friends and family, opening the door to an adventure more precious and fun than ever!

the website has more quotes about the starters too
It has strong legs and is able to swim without difficulty even in places with strong currents. In battle, it kicks its opponents swiftly and repeatedly.
water/fighting quaxly3 confirmed

the Alolans missed gen 8 (& I presume the same will be for Galarians) but I think the Hisuians will be here (likely as "extra" forgien pokemon) just so they can be used in a "real" game. Like how SWSH made sure to still have Meltan & Melmetal.

Yeah no I can't do this

regardless of how cool a new lemon pokemon was I was in literal pain for how ugly the human designs are
I cannot watch the whole trailer much less buy this games even if they had all pokemon back

yeah I know, it sounds super superficial but it seems my sense of aesthetics trumps my affection for digital creatures

Last edited:
Smoliv looks like AliExpress's Budew, but is cute and olives are great.
Lechonk would be delicous bacon. Also didn't realize that spanish Lechon is similar to PT-BR Leitão, both meaning piglet.
Pawmi is so cute. Is this the pikaclone or the Luxray/Boltound of Gen 9?

The legendaries looked awkward on trailer, but the arts are amazing.
I guess maybe.... Dragon/Fighting and Dragon/Psychic

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
…you have got to be kidding me. How long has THIS been going on? Look what I just noticed on the actual video.

CB8B9AD7-3955-4039-8BCC-C9DA5F54B10C.jpeg

Yes, that is a raw picture from my laptop. Yes, I disliked the video. I don’t care. My opinion is my opinion, and I’m not going to act like it’s not. What I want to mention is that Pokémon, of all the brand names that could do something this low, is utilizing like bots now. I may be wrong, but I don’t think they did this even with SwSh. Feel free to correct me on this.

While they say this I wouldn't hold my hopes for it as of now.
SwSh was also advertised about having multiplayer and we know how that ended up working out.
I mean they keep emphasizing in the PR & the trailer about journeying around with 4 players

…you have got to be kidding me. How long has THIS been going on? Look what I just noticed on the actual video.

View attachment 428192
Yes, that is a raw picture from my laptop. Yes, I disliked the video. I don’t care. My opinion is my opinion, and I’m not going to act like it’s not. What I want to mention is that Pokémon, of all the brand names that could do something this low, is utilizing like bots now. I may be wrong, but I don’t think they did this even with SwSh. Feel free to correct me on this.
I doubt they're using bots to increase the up vote count (otherwise they'd increase the views). It's more likely to be something like youtube itself having a fit.

View attachment 428192

Tell me you have no idea how YouTube works without telling me you have no idea how YouTube works.

YT can't handle massive influxes of views and likes; the counters flip out. And it's been like this for as long as it's existed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)