Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
There are a lot more than 3 species of lemur
I think they meant Madagascar the movie, not Madagascar the island.
This design legit looks like someone mashed all 3 Lemurs from Madagascar.
It does kind of look like if those 3 guys were mashed into one lemur that's trying to look like a punk. The leaker that leaked that there was a Poison/Normal Aie-Aie Pokemon said it has a Stitch vibe, as in Lilo and Stitch. It looks like a lot of stuff, but I mostly think it looks cool.

Yeah I can't believe they already put Chansey, Toxapex, Slowbro/king and other stuff already featured in S&S, I thought we were supposed to get some sort of rotation -____-
Yeah as it turns out every given explanation to dexit was easily disproved bullshit. Pokémon were cut because of Gamefreak's inexperience and they continue to be cut because it's an easy way to add content to low effort DLC that apparently sells well regardless of quality.

On a more positive note the new Pokémon revealed so far look pretty neat. Lemur is kind of cute. SwSh had literally one redeeming feature and that was that most of the Pokémon added either had a vaguely usable gimmick or were decent in their own right. Even early game shitmons like Greedent had really good stats. Did you guys know Greedent is more physically bulky than Skarmory and specifically bulky than Clefable? What a fat little shit. I hope gen 9 continues the trend of Pokémon being usable instead of Pokedex fodder like Watchog or Pyroar.

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon/grafaiai/

Website has now also updated with more info

Poison/Normal + Unburden/Poison Touch
Both abilities are interesting, depends on what the mon ends up being in terms of stats, abilities, etcetera. At first glance Urburden seems like the superior option just because speed is the most important stat in the game and Unburden by itself is capable of making almost anything into a fearswome sweeper -if the stats are good enough...-.

Yeah as it turns out every given explanation to dexit was easily disproved bullshit. Pokémon were cut because of Gamefreak's inexperience and they continue to be cut because it's an easy way to add content to low effort DLC that apparently sells well regardless of quality.
Even if we don't truly care about it anymore and have just accepted it, as adults I don't think there's anyone that at this point still have doubts about this. Game Freak has never seriously been involved in game balance. Just compare it to any formal competitive game and you'll see how they just dont care unless the problem is extremly obvious.

In Sword and Shield they had some kind of problem when porting the models or whatever, any other company would've delayed the game release but they can't since we know how TPC works, and they were forced to do it. It's their fault for doing things wrong and then others fault for not giving them the chance to truly fix what they broke.

Obviously after seeing that they could just profit of DLCs that introduce new mons without needing to resort to a complete third edition, that even when reusing a lot still has more work to do than the DLCs, they will keep this trend. That's all about it. I don't think they are demons at GF, not at all, things happened this way and it is what it is. It is obvious they put effort into the games nonetheless.

I think they meant Madagascar the movie, not Madagascar the island.
This is why I think the movie has a terrible title.

I came here to say that people get really uppity about the idea that every Pokémon has to fit the place their generation's region is based on. Sure, there are no aye-ayes in Spain, but there are no giraffes in Kansai either. The only generations where it seems like the Pokémon designs have an overarching theme are 5 (multicultural) and 7 (tropical).

Anyway, Grafaiai gives me Viva Piñata vibes, partly because there's a piñata called Galagoogoo based on a similar-looking lemur called the bushbaby, and partly because it paints in bright, clashing colours.

Yeah I can't believe they already put Chansey, Toxapex, Slowbro/king and other stuff already featured in S&S, I thought we were supposed to get some sort of rotation -____-
Well those are all popular and good competitive Pokemon. I hope the good ones and popular ones comes back. Garchomp, Gliscor, Dragonite and the like. Of course some will be missing which is a disappointment but that is a given if they don't bring back all Pokemon.

Well those are all popular and good competitive Pokemon. I hope the good ones and popular ones comes back. Garchomp, Gliscor, Dragonite and the like. Of course some will be missing which is a disappointment but that is a given if they don't bring back all Pokemon.
I wouldnt count either the "popular" and "good competitive" pokemon as reasoning for a inclusion of a Pokemon in the game.
Notably for example, lord and savior Greninja was missing from SwSh, and several competitive behemots were missing well over until the 2nd DLC came in.

Honestly I think they just go with whatever they think fits the area.

I wouldnt count either the "popular" and "good competitive" pokemon as reasoning for a inclusion of a Pokemon in the game.
Notably for example, lord and savior Greninja was missing from SwSh, and several competitive behemots were missing well over until the 2nd DLC came in.

Honestly I think they just go with whatever they think fits the area.
To say they weren't looking at it at all just because Greninja, the most baffling exclusion, didn't get brought back is kind...reductive?
I'm not so cynical to say they purposely held a bunch of them back in SWSH to sell them as dlc but I am going to say that competitiveness and popularity did absolutely factor into the Pokemon they did bring back. Greninja is an outlier in the grand scheme, in a sea full of primarily conspicuously early game & weirdo Pokemon; and it wouldn't surprise me if there was at one point a plan to tie them together with remakes too but that clearly didn't work out.
But now they have more ideas under their belt and now we're getting a bunch of them just from the get go.

I think we're forgetting just how little the Third Versions actually added to the games considering they were still 85 - 90% the same as the first two versions at 100% the same price. If the pricing structure from SwSh is an indicator then they're doing about the same amount of work that they did for stuff like USUM, Plat, Etc. To add in about the same amount of new content for half the price of what you would have paid if they were to put out Ultra Scarlet and Ultraviolet and made you buy that.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
I think we're forgetting just how little the Third Versions actually added to the games considering they were still 85 - 90% the same as the first two versions at 100% the same price. If the pricing structure from SwSh is an indicator then they're doing about the same amount of work that they did for stuff like USUM, Plat, Etc. To add in about the same amount of new content for half the price of what you would have paid if they were to put out Ultra Scarlet and Ultraviolet and made you buy that.
Actually, there’s reason to suspect that we’ll get a pair of 3rd versions:

BW: BW2
XY: no extra versions
SM: USM
SS: no extra versions
SV: ???

Now that DLC is in the picture I have no idea how that would work but it’s something to think about.

Now that DLC is in the picture I have no idea how that would work but it’s something to think about.
It would suck if they did. A fully fleshed out game with DLC that feels like it adds on top of a complete experience is much better than "You want updates to your game? Buy it again".

Granted they just have to deliver on the "fully fleshed out game" and "complete experience" bits first.

SWSH’s third versions were the DLCs essentially. SWSH+DLC is essentially the Third Version.
XY I’m pretty sure lacks a third version because of time constraints. Like you have Ash Greninja and Zygarde forms in Alola, and a bunch of blocked areas in Kalos too.

That's... that's not a reason to suspect we'll get a pair of 3rd versions. The fact that you had to start at BW instead of RBY because that's when pairs of enhanced versions started already shows there's no pattern here. When the SwSh DLC was released they explicitly contrasted it with the enhanced versions, so while the DLC wasn't literally a rehash of base SwSh is was pretty clearly signaled that it was a new direction they were taking instead of releasing enhanced versions. I don't think there's any good reason to suspect we'll get any enhanced SV instead of DLC.

I hate to be such a downer but... honestly Grafaiai is like the first Pokemon in a long while I think I actively hate lol. The thing chewing up berries, sticking its fingers in its mouth, and painting with it is absolutely disgusting and I can't get over it. It doesn't help the first video I saw of it on a tiny phone screen made me think it was picking its nose to paint, but this isn't much better. This is actually the first time in like a good long while I remember being viscerally disappointed with a Pokemon's design. I think it's been since the elemental monkeys had their evolutions unveiled in Gen 5 maybe?

That said, don't let me ruin your fun if you like him. I feel like a Pokemon lots of people love and some people hate is a lot more fun to have around than a Pokemon everyone feels kind of okay with and forgets. Just uhhhh just stay over there with him when he's painting. I'll be over here with a bunch of hand sanitizer and spittle free surroundings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)